[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only good companions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Ash.jpg (82KB, 1024x650px) Image search: [Google]
Ash.jpg
82KB, 1024x650px
The only good companions
>>
>>32142747
I don't mind the Alola-gang (not that they have the same rapport), but everyone else was trash.
>>
>>32142747
no one cares
>>
>>32142747
Absolutely. May and Dawn weren't so bad either tho.
>>
This is a troll topic.
>>
>>32142747
>tfw you now remember when they parted ways after jotho
fug
>>
Togepi is there, so no.
You have to go further back, to when Misty wasn't just an egg carrier.
>>
good old misty

followed ash because he trashed her bike
couple episodes later it was forgotten (until after the johto finals)
couldn't help much in battles, because most of her pokemon were water types
and in the meantime? carried togepi 24/7 in front of her chest and dragged brock from all the girls away

"best girl"
>>
>>32143042
and Brock?
>>
>>32143080
He was the fucking man.
>>
>>32142747
Good olde Pokemon for teaching me never to get that attached to people since they'll only leave you in the end.
>>
>>32142747
Lillie-chan is better than Kasumi though.
>>
>>32143365
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
May was ruined because of max
>>
File: 1481337199802.jpg (25KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1481337199802.jpg
25KB, 500x378px
>>32143365
>companions
>lillie
>better than anyone
Gen 6 really did set the standards so low that everyone forgot where they used to be.
>>
>>32143425
THIS
>>
>>32143425
>>32143492
I hope you guys are not being serious. May barely interacts with Max.
>>
File: 61958702_p0.jpg (2MB, 2894x4093px) Image search: [Google]
61958702_p0.jpg
2MB, 2894x4093px
>>32142747
Hope they will appear in the next movie.
>>
They were the RPG era of Pokemon.
>>
>>32142747
>misty
>not may
>not dawn
you're wrong
>>
I like Misty and Brock but Tracey, Dawn, and Mallow are also good friends from later seasons.
>>
>>32144681
No May?
>>
>>32144672
Dawn is the worst one, though. It's like if May had no personality, no interplay with the other characters, and still hogged 80% of the season's screentime.
>>
>>32142747
Ash's only good companion was Brock, prove me wrong.
>>
>>32144728
>Dawn is the worst
no that's Iris
>>
>>32144748
That's not how you spell Cilan.
>>
>>32144742
Pikachu is better companion been there since day one.
>>
>>32144785
>Acts like a little shit since day one
>Still to this day makes dick moves
>>
>>32142747
Nostalgiafags and genwunner filth really need to catch Ebola and die.
>>
>>32142747
As a full group? Yes. They had great chemistry together and felt like actual friends. Cilan was pretty cool, but he didn't work as well with Ash or Iris. Iris was shit.
>>
https://youtu.be/EmgPfEr_doE
Absolutely based
>>
>>32144896
The only other characters that felt like actual friends to ash are clemont and dawn. I'd say Serena too but she was too beta for most of XY and in the end all she accomplished was being ash's love interest
>>
The thing is after Ash became a bit more competent at battling Misty/Brock's roles in the anime gradually reduced and became rather pointless. The only reason they worked in the first season was because Ash was such a rookie and had no clue what he was doing. It's obvious the writers had no long term plans for either character after the first season ended.

This is why as Ash started to get more competent Brock was largely sidelined into background/exposition character in AG and DP, and he was largely just there to explain Ash's battles to the audience or provide a tiny bit of exposition of whatever was going on in the episode. Misty's role in the Johto saga was also reduced since she also didn't bicker with Ash much anymore and lost most of her temper, so she was largely just there for the ocassional water pokemon episode till she was written off.

Also now that so many of Ash's other companions have such similar roles, it makes everything Misty/Brock did seem rather marginal in comparison. Want someone for Ash to train/battle with? He did it with Dawn all the time in DP. Want Ash to be the big brother character? He did it with Clemont, Max, etc. Kiawe and Cilan also look up to Ash just like Brock did. Want someone to cook for the group? Cilan, Clemont and Mallow all cook, not just Brock. Want someone for Ash to be friends and occasionally bicker with? He did it with May and Iris only a little less than Misty.
>>
>>32145249
He and Dawn were pretty good friends and it was good, but they didn't have as much, I don't know how to put it, but fun moments? Like at the beginning of DP, I remember them arguing about something and that being their moment for the episodes, but the conflict felt incredibly forced and it ended in a really disappointing manner.

With Misty and Brock, there was a clear Boke/Tsukkomi dynamic that made the interactions between them much more fun, even if the character individually weren't anything special. Brock largely playing the one with common sense until they meet a girl or are traveling, where he would play the boke role, while Misty came in as the tsukkomi. Ash was always being a stupid, and gave Misty more time and reason to interact with him. Ash and Brock had a nice relationship as friends, but both were boys and kind of stupid at times, so they worked well together.

In DP, Brock had almost no fun moments with either Dawn or Ash. He was friends with them, but there was nothing else going on. Ash and Dawn were a lot better. They had a relationship like that of Brock/Ash in the beginning, without a lot of "funny" moments. That's not a bad thing, though. Just something I personally disliked.
>>
>>32142747
they had a chance to replace brock and misty with falkner/morty and whitney/jasmine but they didn't
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.