[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking & Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 18

Discord: https://discord.gg/HfWa4Dg
IRC: irc.rizon.net #romhacking

Rom hacking
>Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
>Gen 4-6 hack tools: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Disassemblies: https://github.com/pret/pokered https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal https://github.com/pret/pokeruby

RMXP/Essentials
>Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
>Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki
>Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
>WIP Gen 5 tiles: http://imgur.com/a/CiudS

Places to share fangames:
>http://www.pokecommunity.com/
>http://reliccastle.com/forums/
>>
[inject] [inject] [inject] [inject] [inject] [inject]
>>
The ones in /vg/ usually go better lately,wonder why no one wants to do Pokemon hacks anymore.
>>
>>32142133
Are there romhacking generals on /vg/?
>>
>wanted my hack to not be too story heavy
>start brainstorming a bunch of decent plot elements
>am now afraid it's gonna start stopping the player every 2 seconds
How do I tell if my shit starts getting Lillie tier?
>>
>>32142337
Make sure the player character is still the main character
>>
Bumping with my Fire Red remake
-It's a gen 4/5 style remake of Kanto set in an alternate universe.
-Kanto is pretty much the same, but Cinnabar Island erupted earlier, the Power Plant melted down, Giovanni is already publicly known as the Boss of Team Rocket and is on the run, Lorelei moved back to Sevii Islands, Blaine moved up to the Elite Four, Mega Evolution and Fairy exists, a new town in between Pewter and Cerulean is the site of the Fairy gym, and Silph Co. merged with another corporation and is now called Mirage Corp.
-The story follows Red as he begins his journey to become a pokemon master.
-Along the way, he encounters Team Rocket who are far more formidable than their previous incarnations.
-He also encounters the bizarre creatures called Glitch Monsters that corrupt and mutate everything they come into contact with.
-A mysterious, shadowy organization sporting hooded cloaks appear where ever these Glitch Monsters do. They also seem to know everything about Red and apparently know his future.
>>
>>32142337
>How do I tell if my shit starts getting Lillie tier?
Observe if it's better than every other game in the franchise.

If it is, you're Lillie tier.
>>
>>32142856
>It's a gen 4/5
Disgusting, better off aborted.
>>
File: Missingno.png (6KB, 183x140px) Image search: [Google]
Missingno.png
6KB, 183x140px
>>32142856
The story has a Lovecraftian eldritch vibe. Eventually the truth comes out:Team Oblivion is working with Mirage Corp. to contain and study the glitch monsters under the Missingno.Project.
The leaders of Mirage corp.+Team Oblivion are from an alternate universe that was destroyed by the glitch monsters. Their reality, the Gen 1 universe, was totally consumed and destroyed by Missingno. shortly after Red became champion. Most of the people were corrupted and perished. The brightest minds of the Gen 1 universe had been studying the glitch monsters in secret. Bill created a device to open dimensions and tried to save as many people as he could. Red and the Elite four and most of the gym leaders stayed behind to combat the Missingno.
Team Oblivion is comprised of some of the strongest trainers of the Gen 1 universe. The Mirage Corp is controlled by Bill, Prof.Oak, Silph Corp Ceo. and a few other intelligent leaders.
They arrived in this universe a long time before Red's journey. When they first arrived(arove?), they tried to change many things to prevent the horrific fate of the future. It's implied that they caused the Cinnabar eruption and the Power Plant meltdown.
This is long, so I'll continue
>>
>>32142220
This thread >>171678271
>>
>>32142856
>>32143027
I like the sound of this one,'I'd play it
>>
>>32143102
Welp thread archived but there is sometimes
>>
>>32142938
Your mom aka your uncle's sister should have aborted you, you inbred turd. Moving on..
>>32143027
Team Oblivion made their base inside the ruins of Cinnabar Island which is the access point of Missingno's glitch monsters. With Mirage Corp, they have created a massive lab designed to capture and contain Missingno.
Missingno. is a impossible, incomprehensible creature that exists in the void between dimensions. The glitch monsters are the result of this being poking against the fabric of reality. It has no true form. Its very existence is incompatible with reality. Team Oblivion wants to pull it out of non existence into a static, physical form to cut it off from its limitless supply of reality warping power.
Team Oblivion is sort of like the Men in Black of Kanto mixed with Organization 13 of Kingdom Hearts. They can wipe memories and are covering up the existence of Glitch Monsters, but the truth comes out anyway. They take a personal interest in Red and seem to be guiding him to his destiny from the shadows.
>>
>>32143136
I definitely got a KH vibe from your description even early on.
>>
>>32143111
Nah I think you just fucked up crosslinking, even if it's archived it should be there for three days. It might be older than that, we'll see.
>>>/vg/171678271
>>
>>32143179
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going for.
-They have a pristine, white HQ underneath ruined Cinnabar filled with futuristic technology and devices.
-They always wear hooded robes that hide their face (don't want to have a Doppleganger crisis)
-They somehow seem to know exactly where Red is at all times and the way they talk to him is like they know his future, which they do.
>They crack jokes and their leader "B" is actually Future Blue from the Gen 1 universe.
-Whenever Red deviates from his path, they show up to talk nudge him back on his path.
>>
>>32143253
Definitely like the sound of this one,post it here once its playable.
>>
>>32143253
>>32143253
Not just that, but the Glitchmons give me major Heartless vibes, and the space between worlds reminds of the World of Darkness
>>
File: prismC.jpg (101KB, 313x713px) Image search: [Google]
prismC.jpg
101KB, 313x713px
I'm looking for a rom hack that allows me to customize my character sprite or at the very least allows me more options than the generic (male/female) choices

pokemon prism does this amazingly well....anything similar to this but on a gen 3 hack??

Pleaseeee, the custom sprite option is so cool, i would literally pay for something like this.
>>
Never mix tilesets from different generations, kids. Please.

>>32142337
Have someone else play a beta of your game, and ask them.

I really don't think it's possible to become as bad as SM in regards to cutscene density unless you make an active choice to be like that. You have to TRY to be that bad, Game Freak clearly wanted SM to be the way they were. You probably won't have to worry too much about it if you're cautious.
>>
>>32143182
ROMhacking is different than console hacking, /hbg/ is our equivalent of /ekx/.

There is an /rhg/ on /vr/, but you can only discuss Gen 1 and 2 on that board. Do not bring GBA hacks or questions about hacking GBA to /vr/ please, we've been trying very hard to keep post-2000 consoles out of the board.
>>
Any spriters: is it true you don't have to know how to draw to sprite? I have no fucking clue how to draw.
>>
>>32142856
>new town
>Instead of adding landmarks to the MANY towns and cities
>Glitch anything
I bet the cover legendary is Missingno. This sounds like FR but with added fanfiction. Maybe Im not the target demographic, but I don't really like it. It doesn't stand out from the other hundred Kanto remakes.
>>
>>32146337
Guy who sprites here. Yeah it's true but spriting doesn't come easy and it certainly helps to know how.
>>
>>32145404
Thanks anon I really appreciate that. I'm trying to experiment with putting backstory and lore through different object and people all over the region but it feels like I want so much going on in the present that I'm inevitably going to railroad the player. I'm just hoping I have enough breathers and optional areas to make up for it.
>>
>>32146487
Yeah, I know it doesn't come easy, I've looked at spriting tutorials several times and gotten overwhelmed because it's like drawing. Honestly, art is so goddamn hard, there's no concrete way to know where/how to shade and that bothers the fuck out of me I gotta have solid techniques that will always work that you learn once
>>
>>32146524
Just try looking at some of the canon Pokemon sprites as a guide. What about shading bothers you by the way?
>>
>>32146532
Which way the light should be coming from, what color it should be relative to the main one, where the shading should end and begin, etc. Even starting the damn sprite and continuing it in a way that's conducive to shading is a fucking nightmare

I used to mess around with mixing sprites when I was younger, actually. Was a lot easier because the shading was already done and any new shading to connect the two was super easy and intuitive.
>>
>>32146547
>which direction
Always top left in Pokemon with little exceptions

>color
Just remember the rule of lighter shades being close to yellow and darker shades being close to blue.
>>
hi does any1 here know how to patch pokemon reborn? i rlly like it and want to make a game like it but hacking looks so hard...;-;
>>
>>32146575
Assuming you're not tossing out some kind of shitty bait, get Pokemon Essentials, infinitely easier than the clusterfuck that is ROMhacking, if not a bit uglier/inauthentic. If you liked reborn then it shouldn't be an issue, though
>>
>>32142337
>>32142554 this, essentially. N was basically Lillie but in that game you are still decidedly the main character.

Tips:
You have an advantage, because in SM, even the smallest dialogue cutscene involves a camera angle change and black screen. You wont have any of those pace breaking problems

Check to see what the motivations are lategame. I was in Ultra Space and realise nothing I was doing was related to my character or growth at all. Check that.

It's less about how much you're stopped and how much you can do between stops.
>>
>>32146602
Not him but I prefer hacks because I can actually play them on my portable systems. Unless there's some way to play Essentials games on an Android/PSP/3DS
>>
>>32146623
I'm a little worried because while I'm trying to make some evil team confrontations personal because they're in your way or something I also am trying to tie the rival's character growth into evil team encounters and there's only so much personal motivation you can give a silent protagonist. It makes me worried if the story is about the player or about the rival or the gym leaders or whatever instead of being balanced.
>>
>>32146663
Just keep it entertaining. A silent protagonist is an observer above all things.
>>
>>32146663
Just look at games that did it right. That's a perfectly doable thing.

Silver and Hugh's arcs are around interactions with both you and the evil team/leaders, and they both work. I personally think Hugh is the rival with the best arc in the series besides Bianca.
>>
>>32146630
Yes, me too, forgot to mention that. I don't see how anyone can stand playing Pokemon on PC, it's uncomfortable as fuck

Also, I wish essentials could work on 3ds but as is it can barely play even the most basic of RPGmaker 2003 games
>>
>>32146921
I wonder if the upcoming RPG Maker for 3DS will allow people to port essensials games to it? I'd probably finally play Insurgence or Zeta.
>>
>>32146855
I second looking at Hugh. Silver, while I like him, doesn't really interact that much with Team Rocket, even in HGSS where they throw in the extra scene where he appears in the Radio Tower. You only really get the idea that he cares about Team Rocket from a couple random appearances from him in bases (including one battle), he's not really shown doing anything super proactive to stopping Rocket.

Hugh on the other hand is my fucking nigga. The entire game he felt like my wingman instead of me being his bodyguard a la Lillie. I think the fact that they show him helping you constantly against Plasma, even taking the charge and clearing out areas before you can get there, while still throwing tons of shit your way, is what makes it. Hugh is contributing to stopping Plasma, he has his own motivations to stopping Plasma, but it never felt to me like I was being thrown into someone else's fight. I wanted to stop Plasma as a player, especially since I played BW1 first and since they were doing tons of assholish shit like freezing the city with the best music in the game, so it always felt like Hugh was being a bro and helping my goal (while also pursuing his own), rather than me being lugged around to help his.

Hugh is definitely the model rival if you want to make one with ties to the evil team. You may want to give your rival a more nuanced motivation than "muh Purrloin" though.
>>
>>32146927
Firstly, it's not upcoming. Been out since last year.
It runs a custom engine for 3DS, not RMXP, a ten-year-old engine. Essentials games would make the 3DS fry.
>>
>>32146937
No, I even go as far as to say his motivation was on point. He's a rival that sets out on his own journey, separate from yours, and then pulls it off. He battles you to make sure you're both on top of your game to go to Plasma, helps you whenever you need it, succeeds in getting his Purrloin and then, right at the end of victory road, sees you off to beat the league with a final battle. He starts out with a ridgid opinion of the guys, and over time, changes his mind based on his experiences in a way that makes sense. It's fucking great. He's in the running for the best rival in the series.

A rival that shows not everything is about you, but is still with you every step of the way.

For SIlver, I mainly meant how he dislikes Rocket, and you eventually learn his contempt for it stems from Giovanni and a combination of their failure and how Giovanni never spent time with him. But with parts of the story not put behind an event.

>>32146941
Welp. Sucks.
>>
Um...I don't really know how to reply on 4chan, this is my first time on it and I wanted to apologize for posting that comment earlier and to thank for the serious responses, I had a wrong assumption of this place...but anyways, I prefer hackig because I only play games on my PSP and I find it uncomfortable to do so on my laptop...the last time I tried hacking Pokemon, I was so overwhelmed, that I felt I'll and really couldn't handle it, so now I'm trying to hack Fire Emblem, there's much less things that you have to keep track of, but I still want to make a Pokemon game and I'm thinking of maybe trying out Essentials, but yet again, I don't see the point in making a game I won't play...
>>
File: 129.gif (16KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
129.gif
16KB, 300x100px
>>32146998
Just click the post number on the post you want to reply to

Also
>Um...I don't really know how to reply on 4chan, this is my first time on it and I wanted to apologize for posting that comment earlier
Dont do this, never say you haven't been on the site long or it's you're first time here, because it often leads to people coming at you
>>
File: click it.png (3KB, 134x85px) Image search: [Google]
click it.png
3KB, 134x85px
>>32146998
What post was originally yours? Click the number at the top right of the post to link it, pic related.
>>
>>32141896
IT ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO MORE CARDS
>>
>>32146450
You didn't even read the posts, man.
>This sounds like FR but with added fanfiction.
What's wrong with that?
>It doesn't stand out from the other hundred Kanto remakes.
You're contradicting yourself.
>>
>>32147371
Not him and I haven't read the conversation, but considering how many Johto remakes add bad fanfiction, I wouldn't be surprised if the "other hundred Kanto remakes" also add bad fanfiction, which would make another hack with fanfiction not stand out.
>>
>>32146450
>sounds like FR but with added fanfiction.
This is /heg/. What do you think we do here, dummy?
>>
>>32147029
Oh...like this? Thank you very much, this place doesn't seem that bad...
>>32143253
Um, why don't you focus on expanding the original locations instead of adding new ones?
The real Kanto region is the epicenter of Japanese culture and there's so much you could use as a base. You could also add locations from the anime as well.
>>
>>32147928
Also dont say Um

Double also, 4chan's quality is entirely dependent on the board and thread you're on at the moment, it will go from bad to great in a second. The worst thing you can do in a bad thread is mention you're new

>>32147371
This seems like a bit more than a Kanto remake. I like how it sounds, mostly
>>
>>32148151
Sorry, it's a habit of mine. :x
And really, why, and how would they target new people?
>>
>>32146998
>>32147928
>>32148235
You should just lurk and browse the board without posting for a week or two. I don't mean to be rude but your posting style really sticks out. It used to be common courtesy to lurk in a place and learn its etiquette and quirks before posting that way you wouldn't stand out too much when joining, but sadly the art of lurking has died in recent years.

Without trying to sound like a fedora-tipper, let's just say 4chan is a very insular place, and generally dislikes people from other websites like reddit and tumblr because of their very different viewpoints and disregard for the tone of the site or the general etiquette used. Boards with a larger-than-usual amount of newfags tend to be worse in quality than boards without them, so people are rightfully hostile to anyone who doesn't blend in.
>>
>>32148297
Oh, that's a very different mindset from all the other online communities that I've been to, it's a bit confusing, but I think I'll get used to it if I ever decide to post here, thank you for informing me.
>>
>>32143253
>>32147928
The real Kanto is japanese culture, but in the games, that's Johto. Kanto is more about technology and business, so that would be a better thing to expand in a hack..

>>32148297
Not even, 4chan culture is sort of about an illusion of a community. We really arent that different from Tumblr or Reddit, or at least, they both have communities that may be similar to some communities here. It depends on the board.

I'd say Reddit is more different than the other two though, and newfags who dont learn are a major problem. But where newfags come from depends on the board, on /vp/, the biggest problems are crossboarders from boards like /pol/ and Youtube kiddies talking about ecelebs all day.

>>32148492
But otherwise they're right. Lurk for a while and observe. Still, this place is probably one of the best places to discuss pokemon when the thread doesnt suck. Also dont use names unless it's actually necesary, like you're in a thread related to drawing or giveaways or something of that sort.
>>
>>32148235
Like >>32148297 says, you should lurk.
I personally think everyone should lurk for like a year before posting but thats pretty hardcore.
Learning board culture and all that stuff takes a while but overall /vp/ is pretty newcomer friendly.
>>
>>32141896
i thought these threads were dead lmao
>>
>>32148943
That was only during the release of SM.

>>32148933
That's way too long, because it means lurking for a year once you find a different board to post on as well, since they're so different. And I certainly didnt wait that long to post on here
>>
>>32149007
I meant the website in general, but yeah it is a long time.
>>
>>32146450
Wouldn't want that, no would we :^)
>>
>>32147928
>>32148783
Maybe expand on the magnet train?
>>
>>32149979
I don't get it.
>>32150170
What do you mean? I'm already doing a remake of Sevii Islands and greatly expanding that. Hell, I'm basically making Sevii Islands Orange Islands.
>>
>>32150290
That is to say the Sevii Islands will be expanded and will also have the Island Challenge. The Sevii Islands were (like a lot of stuff pre gen 4) were under used. Half assed. I'm actually making them a respectable post game region for Kanto.
>>
Trying to make a Pokemon Essentials game myself, I've found that the opening town has a ton of dialogue. Any advice on how to cut down on the amount of words needed to introduce the plot? How big of an issue would it be?
>>
File: Qd4L7fy.jpg (42KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
Qd4L7fy.jpg
42KB, 992x558px
STROKE MY EGO /HEG/
So, I'm almost finished laying the outline for my game. It's set in the Pacific Coast with California plus a Vegas, Oregon, and Washington as places. There is also a little bit of Alaska.
Now that last part is important. In the game, the Aurora Borealis is known by the tribes to be the source of all souls. Every soul comes from it and every soul returns to it in death to live on forever. There's a clear animism theme there.
Now, the aurora borealis is like a legion of spirits. It is a legendary pokemon that manifests as a wolf like pic related in its Pure Ghost form.
But here's the cool part: it has an ability that lets it become part ghost with every type.
So, its regular form is pic related with pure GHOST.
Maybe its GHOST/FIRE form is a spectral Ninetales or Charizard, its GHOST/FLYING could be a spectral Pidgeot.
It's not like Multitype or RKS system that requires an item. I picture it being more like Protean where it changes into Ghostly forms 17 other pokemon to get stab.
>Animoras
>Fire Blast-Transforms into Ninetales
>Ice Beam-Transforms into Articuno
>Spirit Flux-Ghost type Mega drain
>Thunderbolt-Transforms into Pikachu
R8,H8, Deb8
>>
>>32150811
make them say nothing, then slowly add the skeletal script, flesh it out for each one so it makes a slight bit of sense. polish it up. done.

that's how I'd approach it.
>>
>>32148783
I think I understand, but lurking for around a year does sound extreme to me, it'd be quicker to learn the culture of a foreign country for that amount of time.
Regarding the Kanto thing, I meant Japanese culture in general, including the pop and modern one, the original Kanto was novel at the time due to the idea of a society with Pokemon, but since all the other regions also have that as a base, Kanto seems to be lacking in culture, that's what I think...

>>32151337
I really like that idea, Native American culture has always been interesting and I'm guessing you want to focus on that instead of the more modern part of America (Unova)...? I suggest you just use Pokemon native to your region and ones you think are a good mixture of what could be useful to the natives and strong ones in general.
>>
Shill me your Romhacks, boyos. I just finished Glazed and it's left a bad taste behind. I'll try just about anything, unfinished or otherwise.
>>
File: 1436511894126.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1436511894126.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>32152689
>implying anyone here actually has a playable ROMhack
>>
>>32152689
Try clover :^)
>>
>>32152689
I mean, there's Gaia's demo which is six gyms long, for example. You could try playing Vega as well, I'm sure you've hears of it...In case you haven't, it's a finished Japanese hack with many custom songs and some interesting fakemon, it's been entirely recreated in the English FR by the English community.
>>
File: onix.jpg (11KB, 298x251px) Image search: [Google]
onix.jpg
11KB, 298x251px
Has anyone here successfully randomized Sun and Moon? I've seen some people do it on YouTube, but PK3DS crashes for me every time I try. Sometimes at different points, but never will it let me edit wild Pokémon or trainers. It seems certain people are having this issue while others aren't.

I also definitely can't randomize wilds by BST (which is basically the only way to play a randomized Nuzlocke); is that feature just not working for SM yet?

If anyone's gotten it randomized but had similar issues, I'm all ears. Especially if you can do randomization by similar BST. I randomized XY and ORAS no problem, and am really looking forward to playing a randomized Sun Nuzlocke.
>>
>>32152736
Now I'm sure someone has something, if anything at all.

>>32152960
Already have.

>>32153168
>Gaia
I've started that, but held off on continuing for a while.
>Vega
>All those terrible fakemon
Nah.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/battle-mangana-preview

Digging into those Ethnic samples~
>>
>>32153653
>>32153653
>Vegamons
>terrible
I get some of them but they're easily the most decent batch I've seen.
>>
>>32154197
>Most decent
That's not really saying much since almost every fakemon to appear in any romhack has been absolute trash.

Especially this fucking thing.
>>
>>32154650
Ok yeah that one is garbage, never liked it. I just tend to get really defensive about fakemon these days considering there are plenty of fakemon I've seen get shat on that I unironically believe would be loved if they were revealed by GF as canon Pokemon, likewise real designs that would be shat on if they were drawn by some faggot in who knows where as fakemon. Though honestly most of the Vegamons I like were locked to postgame, so I guess I can't blame you.
>>
>>32154710
What I find odd though is that there's plenty of art of good fakemon out there, but very few of them are actually in any romhacks.
>>
>>32154741
It's pretty reasonable when you think about it. People who like making fakemon and really git gud at it likely aren't also hackers at the same time and probably go full DONUT STEEL on people who'd want to use them, not to mention there's a general stigma against fakemon due to the ridiculous garbage pumped out most of the time by ROM hackers, notably the "let's vomit fakemon legendaries" meme so people try and stay away from it even if they could make good ones because they're afraid people won't play their hack over a couple fakemon just like I am, though replace "fakemon" with "regional variants" which leads to more quality hackers not doing it. Also the better fakemon artists have been occupied with doing fanon megas instead.
>>
>>32154650
I don't see the issue, they changed something edgy into something even edgier
>>
>>32154835
Literally edgy? Sure, they certainly added a few too many extra edges in there.
>>
File: WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>32154650
Could be worse
>>
>>32150290
>>32150479
This is a good idea, I almost expected the next games to have the league with Kanto and the Island Challenge with Sevii, before remembering Gamefreak doesnt put effort into games anymore

>>32150811
Yeah, start with no dialogue and add as needed
>>
Bumparoo
>>
>>32155319
I've played that one!That is a furry self insert obviously.
>>
What are some good emerald? i want to replay through it, but i ultimately just want to replay the battle frontier
>>
How would a Order-Harmony and Chaos-Discord legendary duo work?
I'm doing an Essentials game with a California region that has musical themes.
I'm tempted to add Sound type (it's a fan game, go fuck yourself) because I want to have their types both be strong and weak to each other.
I don't want to add Dragon to both types
>Psychic/Dragon Harmony
>Dark/Dragon Discord
because that's so cliche and uninspired, but I don't see any other way.
>>
>>32141896
>romhack general
>romhacks can rise gain
yes please
also i heard he also have toos for the ds games.
>>
File: urgah.jpg (92KB, 569x571px) Image search: [Google]
urgah.jpg
92KB, 569x571px
>TFW can romhack but can't draw to make fakemon

You think people who make fakemon feel the same way, but reverse? It's so frustrating.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/battle-alolan-elite-four-gbc-8-bit
Bumping with a WIP. This is turning out a lot better than I thought the song would go before starting, but I haven't hit the big problem section yet, I suppose. Criticism is needed because I can't trust my own opinions.
>>
>>32155319
I want to fuck it
>>
>>32159437
Am a fakemon maker who sucks at rom hacking; can confirm. Easy-ass Essentials solved my issues though.
>>
>>32159412
DS hacking has been made easier? This has been my dream.
>>
How do I edit movepools in BW2?
>>
File: suffering.jpg (41KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
41KB, 640x852px
>>32161499
>TFW no essentials for art

Suffering. I seriously wish there was something that could make this easier, how the fuck does anyone do this?
>>
I wonder if the vega sequel was ever finished.
>>
fucking [dead]
>>
>>32160996
Have you done the UB battle theme yet? I could use a MIDI of it that isn't a bajillion piano noises.
>>
>>32159378
Ghost?
>>
>>32159378
Go ahead with sound type. It's one of the few types you could add that wouldn't be completely retarded.
>>
Can someone make a Sound type that works? I need it for my legendaries. The Harmony legendary is based on Peace and Order. The Discord legendary is based of strife and Chaos.
I'll also be retconnning a lot of Pokemon to Sound type.
I just can't work out a good type chart for it. I know it would be immune to itself. I am also tempted to make it strong against Fairy because Fairy needs another weakness.
>>
>>32165654
Why would it be immune to itself?
>>
>>32166292
Sound waves phase through each other
>>
>>32166326
Um, not exactly.
Two perfectly equal, perfectly opposite wavelengths cancel each other out, but if they aren't exact opposites, constructive or destructive interference occurs.
>>
>>32166350
Aside from this, there is a reason no one type is immune to itself. Balance. I'll make it resist itself.
What would it beat? Ground? Psychic? Steel? Water? Flying? Fairy?
>>
File: file.png (35KB, 513x361px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
35KB, 513x361px
I made mine based off acoustic properties
Really, you could do what ever fits your game.
>>
>>32166292
How bout this?
Sound
>Beats Ground, Water, and Fairy
>Weak to Electric,
>Resists Sound, Flying, Water, Ground, Ice
>Is resisted by Electric, Bug,
>Immune to
>Doesn't affect Ghost
>>
>>32167067
Sure, I guess.
I don't really know much about your game
>>
>>32167002
This type chart is all fucked up.
How the hell can you even read this?
>>
>>32167113
The number is the modifier based on each type based on offensive and defensive matchups.
It's pretty straightforward actually.
>>
>>32167354
So sound is weak to Poison, Psychic, and Bug? And strong to Water, Steel, Fairy and Ghost? Why Ghost?
>>
>>32142337
try to deliver your story without stopping the player. like, have ruins or murals or radio or news that gives a sense of what's goning on. in any case, it's a pokemon game. you could just write a fanfiction if you want intense or meticulous story. rom hacking imo is for improving the game, not the story, which is not to say a story isn't necessary, but i promise you dialogue is never fun, unless it's a) funny, b) thoughtful/lyrical c) realistic. it always has to be short and ideally the player should be able to stop whenever he wants, or at least move around while the conversation is ongoing. maybe try to do that.
>>
>>32167354
It feels like Poison weakness and Fairy SE are shoehorned for balance reasons. Buff/nerf their matchups with other types. Also I don't get why Sound resists Fire.
>>
>>32168039
No, I went through extensive researh for all my type matchups. I just chose the matchups in a way that created balance.
Changing the properties of existing type is usually a bad idea.
>>
>>32168619
I get making Fairy weak to it, but why make poison strong against? I'm curious.
>>32167067
>Beats Fairy, Steel, Ground, and Water
>Weak to Electric, Bug
>Doesn't affect Ghost
>Resists Ice, Rock, Water, and Flying
>Is resisted by Sound, Bug, and Electric
>Neutral damage to Normal, Poison, Grass, Fighting, Psychic, Dragon and Fire,
>>
>>32169301
>>32168619
Don't tell me. Is it because gases diminish sound waves as opposed to liquids and solids?
Also, am I right in making Electric beat and resist sound?
>>
>>32168619
Just curious, what's the science behind the Poison/Fairy stuff then. I mean you can't make any science for Fairy so in that case I guess folklore?
>>
>>32169336
>>32169301
That, the fact that illness compromises the throat, and noise pollution.
>>
>>32169301
>>32169341
Fairy is weak to sound for the same reason Poison and Steel is.
Nature is severely disturbed by the toxicity, mechanization, and noise of man made things.
>>
>>32167738
I don't want an intense story but at this point I'm incredibly paranoid that I'm too wordy. I'm planning on having plenty of backstory told via NPCs and exploration but I feel like I'm having too much going on in the present. For example along with the evil team I'm having a couple non-evil team happenings to try and make it seem like the evil team isn't the only thing that exists that the player gets involved.
>>
>>32169351
Well shit that's pretty cool actually.
>>
>>32163676
>Have you done the UB battle theme yet?
Not yet. I might tackle it in the future if there's a demand, but only after the rest of my huge backlogs (I have two, one for ROMhacks and one not for ROMhacks, the former has priority over the latter). I don't think it would help you regarding MIDI, though, because I code my songs by hand in assembly, only sometimes using conversion tools to copy note sequences from a ripped MIDI from the game if it's Gen 3-5. They all look like this http://pastebin.com/jFntMups
>>
>>32169405
>http://pastebin.com/jFntMups
Good thing that's readable to me since I know ASM. So yeah, doing the UB theme actually could help me.
>>
Finally updated this fossil
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/victory-against-trainer
>>
Not exactly sure where this is going
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/rite-of-passage
>>
So I wanna put Nate/Rosa as the secondary Rivals in B/W2, how do I do it? Is it hard to do it? Also, I want to skip Bianca giving me C-Gear.
>>
>>32170864
Also I want them to be registered in Xtransceiver.
>>
how to make incinerate have the same effect like knock off?
>>
>>32170864
I think it's possible to inject custom scripts in Gen 5, but I have no clue if there's room for extra trainer rosters. Someone wake up Max, he messed with Gen 5 a lot.
>>
>>32170864
>>32171058
>>32170876
Yeah there's extra spots for trainers in the trainer data (a/0/9/2 & a/0/9/3)
You just have to find and mark your spots. You could also replace a trainer here or there if you still need space.
There's also extra flags you can set in the get data to have story specific encounters.
For every encounter, associate a flag and an NPC on the map set to run a script when the flag is on. this can probably be done in Spiky's map editor.
You can set dialogue by adding a new line in the specific map header in file a/0/0/2 or a/0/0/3 (Easily done inside of Spiky's)
The xtransceiver functionality is pretty hard coded at the time being, but you can potentially replace an existing trainer like Hugh. I've successfully replaced xtransceiver sprites and dialogue using PPTXT and Tinke. Just takes some digging.
>>
>>32171031
What platform?
Also, cool idea
>>
>>32171720
gen 5
>>
File: 1487252378149.png (82KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1487252378149.png
82KB, 500x373px
>>32171709
Thanks!
>>
>>32171784
>Open OxAttack
(https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/15998-oxnites-pokémon-black-amp-white-tools/)
>Look up Knock Off and find the effects flag
>Set that flag onto Incinerate

Doing so will probably cause the dialogue "the opposing X's Y was knocked off"
I'd look up all three instances for that dialogue in the text files (a/0/0/2 & a/0/0/3) and change it to something like "the opposing X's Y was lost" to cover both moves.
>>
>try Spiky's DS Map Editor
>can't click Event Editor
Is there something wrong?
>>
>>32172193
It might still be incomplete
I remember now that I used a different method to insert NPCs by unpacking the map data
I'll try to look that back up today and help you out
>>
>>32167098
>>32165654
This is me. The region is based on California.
The region takes from Tolkien's Music of the Ainur. It was shaped by this "Song of Creation." And the region was beautiful and flawless. But then the Music hit a sour note and the Rift(San Andreas Fault) forever marred the land.
The Song is Harmony and the legendary of Harmony needs a gpddamn type. Psychic/Sound? Flying/Sound?
The Discord legendary represents Disharmony and Strife. It lives in the Rift.
Dark/Sound? Ground/Sound?
Also, the Song is affected by the hearts and minds of living things in the region.
>>
>>32174796
I like Flying/Sound on Dark/Sound. I feel like it works better when they're neutral. Ground can work for the discord legend since it lives in a rift and though Flying beats Ground on its own Ground mons are known to learn anti-Flying moves like Stone Edge.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/battle-alolan-elite-four-gbc-8-bit-wip2
Okay, second WIP, I have everything done besides the hellish ten seconds of high-pitched screeching that will probably be the outcome of what's left in this song. Does everything here sound fine? Might as well ask right now before the entire song is tainted by the last bit.
>>
Looking to get started with pokecrystal. I get how the obvious stuff is edited (stats, movesets, etc) but how do I go about adding new NPCs and map editing? Is there a guide for this somewhere?
>>
>>32176434
Someone did make a basic guide that does include mapping.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378692
To make new NPCs (I assume you mean new trainer classes), you would look for all the data that checks for trainer classes and rosters and such (most of it is conveniently placed in the "trainers" folder, but some stuff like sprites and whether you want their battle to have custom music is elsewhere) and then add the data for a new class wherever you go, filling in things like their AI, their Pokémon IVs, etc.
>>
Would electric be weak to sound or sound weak to electric?
>>
>>32169301
I'd personally make grass resistant to it and then hit it neutrally. Mostly based on the logic that grass could use another resist and talking to plants is good for them.
>>
>>32177587
Eh..not gonna add it after all.
I'll just make the Disharmony Legendary Dark/Ground with a Sound based Dark move and the Harmony Legendary Dragon/Flying with a Sound based Dragon move. I know Dragon is cliche as FUCK.........but still.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.