[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Battle Spot Battle Royals already dead? I can rarely find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: esqYbmT.png (86KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
esqYbmT.png
86KB, 400x240px
Are Battle Spot Battle Royals already dead? I can rarely find a match no matter what day or time of day I try.
>>
>>32135483
Battle Royals were stillborn.
>>
>>32135483
it was pretty hard to find one even when the game was new.
>>
It was a mistake of a format.
I'm not sure what they were expecting, it's fundamentally flawed and suffers from the exact same problems people thought it would.
>>
File: 1484047476100.png (75KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484047476100.png
75KB, 400x240px
>tfw you want the Idol Style but hate Battle Royal with a burning passion
>>
>>32135575
It also serves as a middle finger to anyone who liked triples, rotations, and hordes.
>>
>>32135612
I liked triples and rotations and ive only ever done the BR during the mandatory tutorial
>>
>>32135652
I tried BR once before beating the game once my team was in their fifties.

What a fucking mistake that was.
>>
File: 9fTmEhw.png (83KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
9fTmEhw.png
83KB, 400x240px
>>32135535
>>32135572
Is that right? Just last month I had no issue finding matches no matter the time or day.
Same case for both Specials Allowed and Banned.
>>
>tfw still my favorite battle mode
>>
>Battle Royals were a failure

You people need to play this shit with friends. It is amazingly fun playing with people IRL.
>>
>>32135674
Maybe the whole new toy syndrome shtick happened, I don't know. From what I've heard it's a rather unpopular battle style, things like how the AI targets in the ingame royals or the way the scoring and loss systems work.
>>
>>32135665
When I used to find matches all the time, I'd often end up in a game with at least one player just like that. Personal objective for those games is to keep that player alive for as long as possible. It's surprisingly fun.
>>
>>32135706
How does the AI usually target? From my experience, they seem fo target the player more often on the first turn, then go for whoever is winning more often. Abusing that seemed to work out for me with little trouble.
>>
>>32135608
>tfw you have the Idol Style and enjoy Battle Royal, both against players and AI, almost enough to call it your favourite mode
>>
>>32135608
its not even hard I won the master rank by mere fluke multiple times
>>
>>32135704
THIS We spend HOURS playing this on cons.
>>
I have trouble getting hits on Battle Spot at all in SM. XY I easily got matches all throughout the three years leading to SM, but the past three months of SM have minimal encounters in any battle format.

I don't mind BR, it's okay. If you just want Idol Style, I cleared the in-game one with M-Blastoise, Hydreigon, and Cinccino pretty effortlessly.
>>
>>32136740
Got any replays? I like fluke wins.
>>
>>32136764
I haven't had much issue finding matches in SM beyond Battle Royal. Sometimes I might not be able to find a Free Battle Doubles Special, but that doesn't happen too often.
>>
Battle Royaal is the most pointless battle facility and format there ever was

Pretty much as Pokefinder is the most pointless side feature

Well down GF you're going backwards now
>>
>>32136752
>cons
You have to be at least 18 to post here
>>
File: 1402162704907.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1402162704907.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>32137221
>most fun format
>most pointless
Gee golly wiz, anon. To each their own, but your taste is horrendous.
>>
>>32137532
>most fun format
No.
The royal is literally a broken format.
>>
>>32137539
You gonna explain why it's broken?
>>
It was really nice after pokebank you could find a match in seconds, now no one uses it. I think most people only play it to use their legendaries

I think its really fun
>>
>>32135483
>Framerate Royale
>i wonder why nobody plays it
>>
>>32138453
Oddly enough, I've never had an issue with framerate in online Battle Royals. It dipped often enough against the AI though.
>>
hold up
there are 4 player modes on battle spot now?
>>
>>32139161
Where the hell have you been? Battle Royal has been up in Free Battles since release.
They really need to add Multibattles Battle Spot though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.