[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so incredibly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

File: md_sitebg.jpg (1MB, 1920x1648px) Image search: [Google]
md_sitebg.jpg
1MB, 1920x1648px
What went so incredibly wrong?
>>
>>32132155
Nothing. And no matter how much you cry about it.
>>
>>32132155
They somehow thought that Sun vs Moon was a good and reasonable comparison.
>>
It looks too much like the OR/AS background. Same with the font they use.
>>
>>32132155
To much hype for something that just isnt all that great.

It wouldnt feel as bad if it wasnt the 20th annivesary game released after 2 year break. It confirms that GF isnt trying anymore.
>>
>>32132155
The pokedex. Gen 6 wasn't great but had a preaty nice amout of good looking mons opposed to gen 7 that only had a handfull.
>>
only thing wrong is lack of postgame

everything else was fine
>>
>>32132282
100% this

Slap the battle frontier from emerald or soul silver in, unlock a global pokedex. Remove festival flaza. Bam.
>>
gen 6 set the bar so low that any minor improvement looks good when it is actually mediocre
>>
>>32132282
This, but that's acceptable for a first entry of a gen tbqh
It's promising for sure, carefully hyped for whatever is next unless it's for the switch
>>
>>32132204
>Too much hype for something that just isn't all that great.
this describes zelda: BoTW, MGSV, GTA 4 and SM perfectly
>>
>>32132315
This kinda. Gamefreak actually half tried this time instead of smashing their head against a keyboard for a year. Not the best in the series, but not gen I or VI.
>>
>>32133198
>Considering BotW "not all that great"
>>
>>32132155
Lillie, postgame, Zygarde, framerate, cut content etc.
>>
>>32132204
The only way they can make up for SM is to come out with Red Blue sequels for the 3DS.
>>
>>32133248
>link can't punch to save his life
people will defend this
>>
>>32133981
Take it to /v/, dipshit bumper.
>>
>>32133278
>Red Blue sequels
are you are you don't mean gold and silver sequels?
>>
>>32133995
>are you are you
i dun fucked up
>>
>>32133248
Visually it looks good. But i wanted a Zelda game, not a Cooking Simulator
>>
>>32134027
Good thing we got Breath of the Wild then huh.
>>
>>32134049
Case in point. Considering how hellish the development cycle was, the devs could have at any given point thrown in the towel and say, "Fuck it, we quit," and low and behold, we wouldn't have any Zelda game for the gen, period. That convince you? we got something, alright?
>>
>>32132155
level grinding is damn near impossible
>>
>>32134082
>Case in point.
I don't think you realise what this means.
>>
File: 562.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
562.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
>>32134082
>>
File: lel.gif (2MB, 278x209px) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
2MB, 278x209px
>>32134101
>>
>>32134116
Cared enough to reply. But not enough to form a post the makes sense.
>>
>>32132155
the only thing that went wrong is that the game ended and ran out of content.

the games aren't perfect anon...and that's okay, they're still the best and fullest games to date.

just because you finished the game doesn't make it magically worse than the game you grew up with, you're just getting older anon, we all are.
>>
>>32134178
>and fullest games to date.
The "fullest" games to date are still BW2 anon.
This lies somewhere between RBY and GSC in that regard.
>>
>>32134199
if you want to go by what you can get by number of species 'natively', Gen 6's Freind Safari makes it the 'fullest' games.

but we don't like to talk about that.
>>
>>32134217
One, roster size isn't the only factor
Two, using your logic SM are fairly low down due to having due lowest percentage of Mon available.
>>
>It all comes together
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>32134178
>fullest games to date.
you really had a leg to stand on until this.
the only games emptier are gen 1
>>
>>32134263
>>32134217
this gen doesn't even have a national dex. It's just compatible with all the games that came before it.
>>
Main problems

1. Horrible pokemon placement. Very little new pokemon as is, which is made worse by so many of them being rare.

2. Way too many fucking cut scenes. Tolerable the first run-through, but made increasingly worse every next play through.

3. Still not a lot to do. Bare bones game even before you get to the end-game.

With this all said it's the first time a pokemon game has made me given a shit about the characters. If they could get to this point without billions of cut scenes then they would be in a good position. The "Friend group" this time around feels like what X/Y was trying so desperately to have.
>>
>>32132315
It was worse than Gen VI overall though, so that can't be it.
>>
>>32132155
Nothing, its a new game so you hate it the most until the next one comes out.
>>
>>32134712
This. Notice how everyone kept shitting on ORAS but now they are "improved classics" and XY are "underrated masterpieces".
>>
>>32134532
15 minutes of cutscenes for a JRPG is hardly "way to many"
>>
>>32133198
Pokemon is not even near the same category as the others. I like Pokemon, but it honestly doesn't compare to the others.
>>
>>32132155
>"Don't you think the ultra beast and tapus are broken?"
>"What are you talking about?"
>"People will complain about the power creep."
>"Just cripple every normal pokemon."
>>
>>32132155
Absolutely nothing. They're the best pokemon games since RBY.
>>
>>32132155
I legitimately thought the game was actually really good...except for two things. Not enough new Pokemon (if Activision can shit out a new CoD every year, I'm sure GF can make more than 80 new Pokemon with a sizeable chunk of them being alternate forms of old ones having around 2 years since ORAS), and the cutscenes. My god, the cutscenes. I legitmately just duct taped a laser pointer on the wall with it aimed at the A button for my cat to press while I went and made a sandwich.
>>
>>32133278
>muh kanto
Opinion discarded
>>
File: 136124235364.jpg (119KB, 689x689px) Image search: [Google]
136124235364.jpg
119KB, 689x689px
>>32135810
>I legitmately just duct taped a laser pointer on the wall with it aimed at the A button for my cat to press while I went and made a sandwich

Creativity is one hell of a weapon.
>>
>>32134886
never played oras but it introduced zinnia so that's -100 in my book regardless
>>
>>32132155
absolutely nothing. some people just don't want things to be different.

that or smogon fuckers.
>>
>>32135810
...But the cats chase the motion of the light.
>>
>>32134712
Thing is, everyone goes through a period oflikinthe game for about a year or so.
SM immediately had hate from people.
>>
>>32132980
>but that's acceptable for a first entry of a gen

This is what /vp/ keep telling themselves but it has been 2 generations now without ANY postame.
>>
>>32134886
But I've always liked XY and I still don't find ORAS an improvement.
>>
>>32132155
> Story is good (for a Pokemon at least), but the game is linear to death.
> No exploration whatsoever, nor dungeons.
> Striped out areas for no reason.
> Festival Plaza is a shithole and shouldn't exist at all. They manage to combine two good features and made it worse.
> No Battle Frontier or other single player post-game option besides the boring UB Missions.

Take your pick.
>>
File: 1473359150206.png (127KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1473359150206.png
127KB, 599x337px
>>32132155
>What went so incredibly wrong?
That the game was not fucking finished because of short deadline
I wish Nintendo would cut some slack to Game Freak and give them actual time to make a game, not asking them to shit out game every year so they have to work on three game at the same time.
I mean look at SM !

>Not one trial for each type despite having several trials capitains that are not used (Mina / Ryuki)
>The majority of towns have "construction sites", empty spaces, and half of the remaining buildings are not accessible
>UB side quest which feel rush as fuck, given all the background they've given to them, I'm pretty sure something way bigger was planned instead of "Go there and catch them"
>Terminus cave serving no purpose at all regarding a hypothetical Zygarde side quest
>Finished map that are not present in the game or just straight up blocked by some shitty rock
>Volcano entrance teleporting you directly to the top instead of leading to a dungeon (I mean come one, the way out is longer than the way in)
And the list goes on !

I hope a follow up to SM would fix all those thing, or at least, I wish we'd have an actual fleshed out game for the Switch. Giving us bareboned games are disappointing enough on a handheld, but it would be unacceptable on an actual console
>>
>>32134947
This
But I just wish they'd gave us a fast forward button, or a skip one
>>
>>32133981
But he can't in other games either
>>
>>32139053
at least in the other games weapons didn't fucking break like tissue paper.
>>
>>32132155
>XY was rushed and had no postgame
>ORAS the same
>well the next game will be great, especially since they're taking their sweet time, plus it will be the 20th anniversary
>SM
>campaign full of long dialogue and cutscenes because gamefreak tries to make a story, while being ass at optimization, full of fade to black screen, battles had to be removed because of framerate drops, online takes forever, etc
>the game is basically press A to go through it
>took me 10 to 15 mins to actually get my starter, what the fuck
>this doesn't stop even later on the game
>and it was still rushed and with no postgame
>maybe next time lol

It pretty much how Gamefreak will be working from now. I can't play SM anymore, it's just a huge turn off, feels like a chore to do anything, even play online since how bad it is compared to XYORAS and I don't even have my favorite megas avaliable.

I've been enjoying Zelda way too much to go back, and even if I got back, it would be for something like BW2. Fuck it, even RBY because at least I'm not interrupted every fucking minute by someone.
>>
>>32139577
>the game is basically press A to go through it
You just summed up every turn based RPG ever
>>
I plan on getting the sun version in some weeks for once I have enough frer time to play it. I don't care about the story at all, whether it's good or bad. Is the game as easy as XY and ORAS (especially the latter was so easy I was mostly playing for nostalgia)? And is exploring new places, routes and dungeons fun or not? I liked XY but was so disappointed by ORAS, I need you opinions.
>>
>>32141647
SM are occasionally harder than XY and ORAS. Not constantly, just on a few occasions and even then... only if your team isn't prepared.

If you value exploration of routes and dungeons, save your money. There is literally zero sense of exploration. Generation VII is linear as fuck and there are no dungeons.
>>
>>32132295
>remove the Festival Plaza
Where will we dye our clothes in the superior colors, anon?
>>
>>32141779
1. "harder" doesn't mean "hard".
2. Shills are going to tell you that there is exploration in these games. Don't believe them. There is none.
3. Yes, I know what "literally" means. ZERO.
4. Fuck Sun and Moon. Pirate those shitty games if you want to form your own opinion, but they are not worth the money and Game Freak does not deserve support for this shit.
>>
>>32134199
>Between RBY and GSC
>Between the most barebones games in the series and the longest games in the series
No shit it's somewhere between those
>>
>>32132204
This pretty much. The game was okay, but not as good as I was expecting it to be
>>
>>32141823
I could probably play to and beat Red in GSC in the same time it would take the average player to get past Tutorial Cutscene Island in SM.
>>
>>32134178
It literally has the emptiest battle facility since Crystal, and the worst, emptiest dungeons in the franchise. This is not an exaggeration
>>
>>32139096
You 100% missed out on the point of the game. Go play more Ocarina or Windwaker in your safe-space.
>>
>>32133198
Be proud, you actually got me frustrated.
>>
>>32141839
Can you teach me how to speedrun that good anon? I'm trying to beat my record of two hours, but making it to Red in under a minute is impressive!
>>
>>32132155
There's nothing to explore. There are a lot of buildings that you can't enter and there are almost no random caves or dungeons to just go into. Team Skull's base was super small and there are no puzzles anymore. It just feels empty and rushed there are no extra things left around to discover, everything is just set there for you to see.
>>
>>32132155
OP that background is beautiful, nothing went wrong
>>
>>32141779
>>32141804
Ok I guess I'll try to finish other games I already have until I find a cheap copy of the game, or until there's a third version but that seems unlikely. Sounds disappointing so far, I wish I could play ir a bit before buying it, the demo is too short for me to get my own opinion.
>>
No national dex and a little too linear. Also not enough new pokemon but that's the trend for the foreseeable future unfortunately.
>>
>>32132170
yeah sun is pretty much the superior version
>>
>>32142380
>Sun has worse exclusives
>Solgaleo is worse than Lunala

Stay delusional, Sunkike.
>>
>>32142380
Sun has better clothes but Moon has better everything else
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.