[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is SM regional dex smaller than XY's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

It's not a complain, i like both smaller and bigger dexes, i'm just curious. SM has 300 and XY has like 460!
XY pokedex felt really realistic and made the kalos region feel alive,i love it.
>>
>>32124224
Honestly Alola dex feels even smaller than 300 because so many extra mons are only post game (legends and UBs) but also because you encounter the same shit everywhere.

Kalos pokedex was a lot better. You had several new options pretty much in every new area untill the end
>>
>>32124224
At least they have a nice variety of Pokemon, unlike BW, the sex there was awful.
>>
>>32124287
>sex
lol
Honestly having a 300 dex isn't that bad for me, but it's just a missed opportunity.
We have 802 pokémon,why just limit in 300?
Also they should be using common pokemon like grubbin,caterpie,burmy,fletching,yungoss etc more often.
They should start ading past gen starters and fossils to be catchable in the wild as well.
The spin-offs have them catchable in the wild,so they're in the wild, but the player can't reach to them
>>
>>32124287

ebin
>>
>>32124224
Alola has less routes and grass than Kalos.
>>
>>32124268
If I'm gonna say one good thing about gen VI over gen VII, it was the pokédex. My team ended up being really diverse and spanned a lot of regions, and I had a lot of my favourites. My casual team in S/M was a lot more restricted, I did get to use some pokémon I used to be indifferent to that grew on me like trannyseal, but the fact there's no national dex is a joke.
>>
>>32124443
I only use new pokemon in new games.
But Gen VI pokedex felt really realistic.
>>
>>32124268

Having just finished Sun again today, I noticed that during the first two islands, the variety is fantastic and similar to XY and BW2, but then it just drops hard during the third island, and the fourth only adds a few more lines.

Even if you compare SM to BW2's dex, which was of a similar size, BW2's was distributed better. And BW2 had a lot of lines in it's dex exclusive to postgame as well (such as Tyranitar and Yanmega).
>>
>>32124224
Because 300 is the perfect number for a dex. It's big enough for tons of variety, but also small enough to give the region its own identity (as well as giving some spotlight to newmons). Kalos just felt insanely cluttered with its 450; they could have at least have some restricted to a Safari Zone or something. There was no continuity between routes in regards to encounters, and the roster felt ridiculous as a result. Sun and Moon had the right idea dialling it back to 300.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.