[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon is DEAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1480525464786.jpg (100KB, 400x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480525464786.jpg
100KB, 400x446px
So we all agree that this is the new Dork Age of this franchise?

As if S/M massive failings weren't enough, this whole Pokebank debacle to add upon that means the fanbase is hemorrhaging at a rapid rate. Pretty soon, the Pokemon fandom will be like bronies - a sad group of decrepit autists that cling onto a dying franchise that quickly lost so much popularity that it doesn't even draw in the lil' chilluns anymore.
>>
Don't reply
>>
>>32120169
You just did, genius.
>>
Been away, what happened with Pokebank?
>>
>>32120162

I do think Pokemon is losing it's charm but I think it's more Gamefreaks fault, Sun/Moon were nice games but they didn't live up to the hype they were giving it. The games are empty and rushed, the newer Pokemon were overshadowed by Gen 1 Pokemon and it seems most fans are annoyed with their constant focus on that gen, they're catering to the people who ditched after gen 1 instead of focusing on the fans who are still here.
>>
>>32120397
Agreed

On top of that - no postgame outside of taking it up the ass from little nips and their army of hacked shiny legendaries
>>
I find it funny that these kinds of sentiments are expressed mostly only here on /vp/. In any other community, pokemon related or otherwise, Sun/moon is considered, if not the best, then at least a return to form for the franchise.
>>
>>32120510
That's not exactly something good either. Sun and Moon have many flaws, and while I do agree saying they're the death of pokemon is completely retarded and an absolutely contrarian thought, saying they're great is wrong too. They're decent, but we should still acknowledge the flaws in it, otherwise the mindless praising would be just as bad, if not worse than the mindless hate it gets.
>>
>>32120397
They should make GEN 8 with 100+ new pokemon with little to no legendaries and completely ditch GEN 1 pandering a lot of peopl wants more new pokemon, seriously GF just stop with the damn genwunn pandering.

GEN 8 would be a perfect timning to do another R/S, 130 new mons.
>>
>>32120521
But that's the thing. What is a flaw to /vp/ may not be to the average player. Most people outside of /vp/ don't care about the post-game for example.
>>
>>32120531
I doubt the average player wouldn't notice and be at least annoyed by things like framerate drops and excessive interactions with Lillie.
>>
>>32120523

Exactly.

I'd rather have new mons, less pandering.

I want another Black and White.
>>
>>32120563
>framerate drops
That's fair. But I meant more subjective stuff like

>excessive interactions with Lillie
People loved this. Lillie is highly popular for her role in the story.
>>
>>32120580
They should make more water types like Wimpod,Buizel,Dewpider,Woopr as well.
Fishmons are incredibly limited pokemon since they can't live in earth.(Pyukumuku,Mareanie,Toxapex,Bruxish and Wishiwashi are incredibly limited since they are water-only).

I don't think they'll do another BW,though.
Another Ruby and Sapphire is possible 130 new pokemon + some old pokemon, but not too much.
>>
>>32120584
Really? I could've sworn even normies were spouting "muh lillie"
I guess you're right. Those are still issues though, and the bigger problem isn't exactly them being there, it's that GF has already solved these problems before, but for some reason decide to act lazy and either not include content or cut it even after it's fully done.
>>
>>32120605
>Really? I could've sworn even normies were spouting "muh lillie"
Some were. Others loved the growth. And others didn't care. She's a bit divisive, I think.

>either not include content or cut it even after it's fully done.
Agreed.
>>
>>32120498
I always loved this "i don't like this facility so i will not count it as postgame" meme.
>>
>>32120162
>Dork Age
We've always been in a dork age anon
>>
>>32120596
Bruxish and Wishiwashi are the only fish in gen 7.
>>
>>32120563
I guess it might be because I don't play any other games at this point, but until people pointed framerate drops out I never noticed it. And even then I am 0% annoyed.
>>
>>32120510
90% of it is just bait
>>
File: 1489969742110.jpg (21KB, 295x378px)
1489969742110.jpg
21KB, 295x378px
Nice bait. Now kill yourself.
>>
>>32120741
Dhelmise and Mareanie don't live outside the water thoguh.
>>
>>32120162
>a sad group of decrepit autists that cling onto a dying franchise
but it's been this way since gen 3
>>
Speaking of Pokebank, when is it going to allow me to pay for it for the next year? It's telling me I have 20 days left but won't allow me to give my money to nintendo. I'm super eager to throw my money in their face.
>>
>>32120162
It's well known fact that pokemon died after GenV. GenV had last decent games. No such thing as pokemon past GenV.
>>
>>32121388
GEN VIII will resurect pokemon:
-130 new pokemon
- 0 genwunn pandering
- Big region based on Australia
- The story is minimal and doesn't interrupt the exploration
- Tons of post-game, Battle frontier included
- Pokemon walking with you return

GEN VI and VII sucked, but 8 won't trust me!
>>
>>32121405
>implying genwun pandering is bad thing
just add more new pokemons with oldschool designs and make the usual rest avaible post national-dex
>>
>>32121447
also even then it won't fix the franchise because it was already stained with megas and other bullshit
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.