[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the Switch Pokemon games take any lessons from Breath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Switch Pokemon.png (305KB, 1235x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Switch Pokemon.png
305KB, 1235x2000px
Should the Switch Pokemon games take any lessons from Breath of the Wild?
>>
File: 562.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
562.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
>>32116247
>>
>"muh open world pokemon mmorpg with every single region"
>>
Pokemon are visible in the overworld instead of rolling the dice every step
>>
>>32116256
Breath of the Wild is easily my favorite MMO
>>
>>32116260
>ruining the entire "pls no more Pokemon." feeling
0/10
>>
>>32116256
Open world Pokemon would be so much better than what we have.
>You want to play a game about exploring an exciting world and meeting fantastical creatures? Sure thing, just follow this blond eleven year old girl and she'll keep you updated on what she's seeing!
>>
It would only work if they redo how the combat works. Level based shit wouldn't work very well in an open world game.
>>
>>32116296
Pokemon's level system is a relic of 1996 and must be purged.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>32116304
>>
>>32116311
>Liking outdated gameplay
The new Pokemon shouldn't let you walk for a minute without loading because that's too modern
>>
>>32116276
>follow this blond eleven year old girl and she'll keep you updated on what she's seeing!
what?
>>
For an spin off, yes
>>
>>32116333
He's describing Sun and Moon you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>32116333
Did you even play sm?
>>
>Should it be a bland open world game that throws away the series' identity so it can cash in on idiots who think bigger world = better

Nah
>>
>>32116378
>Wahhh go back to Skyward Sword I don't wanna explore I wanna be told what to do
Literally never post again
>>
File: 1478886891687.png (493KB, 1280x764px) Image search: [Google]
1478886891687.png
493KB, 1280x764px
>>32116378
an open world game would be less bland than the same shit we've been getting for the past 20 years.

I too, enjoyed Alola, where you take a fucking bus ride or an elevator to the top of a mountain, a volcano that magically teleports you to the top, and an interdimensional alien world that is literally only one hallway. So much better than those idiots who think exploration is good!
>>
The general philosophy of discovery driving the quest that BotW had and that Pokemon has been steadily losing for a long time despite being a big part of Tajiri's inspiration instead of a "narrative stringing you along from event to event" as Masuda once put it in the context of BW1

It doesn't have to nessecarily fall for the open air adventure meme, though
>>
>>32116247
>Should the Switch Pokemon games take any lessons from Breath of the Wild?
that framerates are important
>>
>>32116247
No, it should remain stagnant for all eternity
>>
>>32116460
pretty much what I came here to say

Exploring a game's world and getting that sense of discovery is why I fell in love with games to begin with
>>
>>32116460
>>32116595
Why would you want to go on a journey when you can just watch Lillie do it? I don't understand.
>>
>>32116610
Please try to understand
>>
>>32116247
Don't do it because no ones gonna pay $300+ dollars for a zelda/pokemon machine.
Fuck I wouldn't pay $300 for a switch with an unlimited back log of games, its garbage
>>
>>32116247
>a main series game with every pokemon having pokken tier models

can you imagine?
>>
>>32116247
we need to stay positive. GF FTW
>>
>>32116713
I'd rather they go for models that look like live rendered drawings by Ken Sugimori. Pokken is a weird cross between stylized and realistic, you gotta go all in on one.
>>
>>32116702
Just wait for Switch Lite, it'll be fine.
>>
>>32116247
Absolutely. Pokemon can benefit from open world a lot more than a lot of series, however there's a very thin line between getting it right and wrong

With all of the benefits like being able to challenge gyms in whatever order you'd like to going to a certain place because you find it appealing, there would also be issues such as being able to catch high level Pokemon right away which would break the game
>>
>>32116787
Wasn't the badge system meant to handle that? High Level 'Mons won't respect you without them, you haven't proven your worth and all that.
>>
>>32116812
That's just so your friend can't give you his level 100 blastoise at the first gym
>>
In the sense of having less tutorials, less intrusive story and having more places to explore definately yes. Open world wouldn't work well for level based RPG, but optional areas such as the desert in BW should return.
>>
I feel like no longer having random encounters could be a cool / cute half step. Make the world more intractable in general too, i'm not saying add BOTW physics but let me do more to / with the world around me.
>>
>>32116247
Yeah, replace artificial gating with difficulty-based gating.

Also, make the tutorial hidden in the gameplay. Great Plateau could be ran around for hours having fun and never realizing it's a tutorial. Portal also did this well.

More puzzles, spread in little pockets throughout instead of big dungeons. Both shrine-style and korok puzzle style.

Quest logs.

Non-linear gym/trial order possibly? This would be harder to implement.
>>
>>32116378
Nigga have you played breath of the Wild? Least empty space i've seen in an open world in decades. I can't move 5 feet without tripping over some new thing to explore or solve.
>>
>>32116247
No, because this is Pokemon, and that's not OOT.
>>
>>32117026
Breath of the Wild is not OoT at all
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.