[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intellectual Thread!! No Shit Edition!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1482885738812.png (432KB, 1360x748px) Image search: [Google]
1482885738812.png
432KB, 1360x748px
Today, let's talk about real issues we'd like to see fixed in future generations of Pokemon!!

>What is this?
Well, if you've been here recently, and you're like me, you've notice the lack of real discussion here on /vp/. Even I'm what seem to be real threads, you can't share your opinions without an argument ensuing, or being called bait. Here, you can share your opinions without fear, and if someone disagrees, that's ok.

>Is this bait?
No, it's not intended to be bait in any way. Of course, this is /vp/, so someone will probably say it is, but just ignore them and you'll be fine.
>>
>>32112994
I'd like them to fix the low Mon rate they started in gen 6.
>>
Stop treating the Nidos as separate species. Ditch the male-female symbols in the names and make them the same mon with a branching evolution. Meowstic already fucking exists and it does the same damn thing.
>>
>>32113122
I agree. Just make them gender difs with branch evos. Burmy also exists.
>>
I know it's a children's game, so I think the base difficulty level is fine but I'd like the option to change difficulty levels or jack up level scaling or something so that the game isn't so easy to just steamroll through.

Bring back National Dex.
>>
File: 1487909179602.gif (1MB, 345x384px) Image search: [Google]
1487909179602.gif
1MB, 345x384px
The powercreep should be fixed. There's a point where the increased attack power prevents interesting strategies from being viable and we've already crossed it in gen 5, now it's even worse.

In other words, Game Freak's desire for shorter matches is hurting the game's competitive scene.
>>
>>32113122
>Meowstic already fucking exists and it does the same damn thing.
So? There's nothing wrong with the lines being different. A lot of pokemon can be summed up as saying 'does the exact same damn thing'. A lot of abilities or other traits of a pokemon are literally the same thing, reskinned for a different pokemon. Sometimes with no further changes at all. Instead the Nido lines have an actual change to go with their gimmick. I think that's more than enough to justify them. Meanwhile if you combine them you're going to throw off every single pokemon number in the dex afterwards.
>>
>>32113193
This. I wish we had more lines like Nido. They're actually kinda cool.
>>
I'd really like if they rebalanced some of the OP mons; I feel like just making new, stronger ones won't solve the issue and just cause more power creep.
>>
What in the actual fuck was the encounter rates for new Pokemon in Sun and Moon? Why?
>>
>>32113243
>everyone loves gsc/hgss! what did we do right with that game?
>it was the lower gen 2 pokemon encounter rates!
>>
>>32112994
Babbys first thread
>>
>>32113277
>tfw GF is actually that stupid.
>>
>>32113234
I think Mega evolution was a great strategy to polish old mons. However, why give megas to OU mons like salamance or Garchomp insted of only giving them to mediocre pokemon (beedrill) to make them viable? That's where they fucked up.

We need crossgen evos, items, megas, or abilities that bring back relevance to old mons, like they did with pelipper, instead of just stronger and stronger mons.
>>
>>32113283
>1st
Maybe 71st, sure.
>>
>>32113243
>>32113277
XY did it too. It's a shame they make new pokemon so hard to encounter, and that using old pokemon seems to be the preferred way for most people to play. Gen 5 was my absolute favorite because I got to see and use so many new pokemon. I ended up playing with a team of twelve mons on my first playthrough.
>>
>>32113193
>A lot of pokemon can be summed up as saying 'does the exact same damn thing'. A lot of abilities or other traits of a pokemon are literally the same thing, reskinned for a different pokemon. Sometimes with no further changes at all.

What does this have to do with anything? My point was that they did the "same damn thing" but didn't require a stupid fucking gimmick that was borne exclusively out of hardware issues. There were no genders in Gen 1, so they had to be separated. They should have fixed this in Gen 2. I bring up Meowstic because it dispels any notion that it "wouldn't be possible" because Meowstic does it seamlessly.

>Instead the Nido lines have an actual change to go with their gimmick. I think that's more than enough to justify them.

Again, Meowstic is a proof of concept that you CAN have the same species look and act completely different based on gender, down all the way to learnsets and base stat totals. There is nothing that the Nidos have differentiating them that Meowstic doesn't have, and Meowstic does it so much more elegantly. It's inconsistent.

>Meanwhile if you combine them you're going to throw off every single pokemon number in the dex afterwards.

Boo fucking hoo, does this even matter? They don't even have a Nat Dex anymore. Besides, all the Nat Dex is is all the regional dexes of all the games with the not-new Pokemon cut out and glued end to end. There's nothing significant about Chimecho being #358 or what the fuck ever. Stop grandfathering this shit. Shift them all over.
>>
>>32113243
I hate the fact that since normies complained about the new Pokemon in Gen 5, they decided to just fill in everything with Kantomons instead of showing you the actual fucking Pokemon for the region.
>>
>>32113292
where they fucked up is not continuing to make Megas desu

Savage Spin Out and fucking Toxic Thread really fixed Ariados, thanks GF
>>
>>32113337
what is there to gain in doing this? Illumise and Volbeat are separate species because their biology diverges more than just "volbeat is just illumise with a bugdick" (i.e. Volbeat has a glowing tail). The same can be said for the Nidos.

What needs to be done to fix the Nidos is giving Nidoqueen and nidorina the ability to breed and to produce Nidoran M and Nidoran F eggs
>>
>>32112994
I wish they would ditch the whole "unique features for each game" bullshit and keep the quality of life ones. Dexnav was great and it's a damn shame it won't ever be expanded upon.
>>
>>32113380
this really pisses me off because the only reason not to do so is because they know they can get away with it

Their explanation is that they want the old games to have their own feel so that players will go back to them, but what the fuck do they even care? The players have already bought and played those games. They aren't going to make more money by me going back and playing a copy of Pokemon Emerald I paid for 12 years ago or whatever.

Of course, there's no reason to innovate or expand once you've realized that you can peddle your shit as long as it has Pokemon attached to it.
>>
>>32113375
Call me a pedant, but I crave consistency. The Nidos are the same species, yet GF feels compelled to keep them awkwardly separated while at the same time they have other examples of divergent male/female designs that aren't. It adds unecessary exceptions. These exceptions create awkward workarounds or simply don't play well with the rest of the system (like Nidorina and Nidoqueen not being able to breed at all). If they were the same species as they logically should be, we wouldn't have these problems in the first place. They're not special snowflakes and we should stop letting them be.

IMO the Volbeat/Illumise thing is also something they should just combine already. Males and females that are clearly two halves of the same whole shouldn't be arbitrarily separated. We can have all the benefits of having gender divergent designs without this species divide bullshit that makes no sense.
>>
>>32113041
I personally feel like it has its place, but only with a much larger regional dex. Maybe routes could be designed to be much larger with the extra space being optional side paths or loops containing hidden stuff, rarer mons, and so on, and the amount of pokemon species per route was roughly doubled, with more of the extra weight shifted to the side space. Rarest things in the main route space could be like 10-20% while side paths could be as low as maybe 5% to match the increased variety. Alternately, larger rates for everything but restrictions to specific patches of grass, but they'd need to show what can appear in each easily like that thing from OR/AS.
>>
>>32113451
The point is there's precedent for this. Nidos were the first, Illumise/Volbeat is another, and while they were introduced in different generations you could argue Tauros/Miltank is a third- especially when the gen 7 dex puts them on the same page together.

They don't need to be the same species. None of them do. You might not like that they were made to be different species, but just because they buck a trend many other pokemon adhere to does not mean that there isn't precedence for it.
>>
>>32113420
They really really ought to make a game that incorporates all this.
Imagine a game where we get following pokemon, contests, pokethlon, super training, poke radar, frontier, new megas, new z-moves, crossgen evos.
That shit would be a great game, everyone would love it, and they really wouldn't have to create something "new". Ideal for a 20 anniversary realease.

Instead we get battle tree and shit QR scan gimmicks.
>>
>>32113493
And Vs Seeker, Join Ave, PSS, friend safaris, O powers, PWT.
>>
>>32113493
>>32113525
Remove Tapus and UBs and you've got a game
>>
>>32113483
There isn't a precedence for this. The only reason the Nidos are separated is because they couldn't implement genders. Just because they fucked it up once and didn't bother to fix it doesn't give them excuse to keep doing it.

Also, there's a line between bucking a trend and bucking logical sense. Pokemon doesn't have to be all logic all the time, but there's no reason to defend this practice other than "they've always done it and it's worked". This thread is about discussing long-standing issues that we want to solve. This is clearly a logical disconnect and I want to see it resolved. Keeping it around because it's a long standing false precedence isn't an argument, it's exactly the problem.
>>
Make amie bonuses carry over to online. So you are required to get to know each and every pokemon you use. :^)
>>
>>32113563
>So you are required to get to know each and every pokemon you use. :^)

>feed a pokemon one rainbow bean
>max out it's affection

wow anon, that sure was difficult
>>
>>32113589
Somethings better than nothing
>>
>>32113563
I've got a better idea.

Make it so that your character isn't the only one with Amie/Refresh bonuses. Give those to important NPCs mostly.
>>
File: 1489392754311.jpg (82KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489392754311.jpg
82KB, 432x768px
>>32113122
This
Their entire breeding process doesn't make sense
>>
>>32114079
Viridian City, wtf?
>>
>>32113122
I would like this, but it would change the Pokédex order, which I imagine means they will never do it.

Things like Mewtwo being #150 and Mew being #151 is probably considered too iconic to change.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.