[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post trivia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 24

File: hoopa-unbound.jpg (36KB, 300x253px)
hoopa-unbound.jpg
36KB, 300x253px
>Dark/Psychic is the only type other than pure Normal to have no resistances
>>
>OP is a fag
>>
Krabby's name may derive from crab
>>
File: 1484627242870.jpg (14KB, 192x184px)
1484627242870.jpg
14KB, 192x184px
>>32112025
w-what? show proofs!
>>
pokemons is an anagram for spok men, o!
>>
Crawdaunt uses batesian mimicry to look like Sharpedo
>>
The W on Whiscash's head stands for Wario.
>>
>>32112074
Everytime someone posts this, some retard questions this somehow, when its implied by the pokedex and referenced by its ability Adaptability.
>>
>>32112190
while I think it's a cool idea, where is it implied in the Dex?
>>
It took 7 generations to get a Bug type with over 100 base HP, and it's Buzzwole.
>>
>>32112005
See, they really ought to give Malamar an Ability that reverses type effectiveness while it is on the field. Like an inverse battle field effect.
Call it Inverse Room.
>>
Including Cube games, you need at least four gen III games to have the resources to complete the whole dex. This includes having to restart your Kanto game three times.

Before ORAS, you could literally only catch Glameow/Purugly in Pearl if you didn't have friends. This is a time spanne of eight years.

As a follow-up to the above, it took Stunky/Skuntank seven years before they were catchable again, again if you didn't have friends.

Counting Johto and Kanto dex as one dex, the Venonat-line, Krabby-line and the Rock/Water fossils are the only gen I lines that have only been in one dex.

The only game Zubat isn't catchable in is Colosseum.
>>
>>32112281
It also took 5 generations to get a Legendary Bug type, and 7 generations to get a Legendary Poison type
>>
>>32112295
>The only game Zubat isn't catchable in is Colosseum.
Colosseum confirmed best game

Also, Zubat, Golbat, Psyduck, Golduck, Magnemite, and Magneton are the only Pokemon that have appeared in the regional Pokedex of every main Pokemon game
>>
>>32112297
>STILL no legendary psychic type
>STILL no legendary dragon type
>but we have a legendary bug type and a legendary poison type
>>
the german translation for the type "water" is "Wasser", which comes from "Wasser", the german word for water
>>
>>32112321
wait a second
>>
>>32112297
>Legendary
no
>>
>>32112355
The game says they're sub-legends, so UBs are officially legendaries, or as legendary as the bird trio, beast trio, golems...
>>
>>32112355
Genesect for Bug

Nihilego for Poison because I still technically count UBs as Legendary. I know they aren't specified to be called that in any source, but they pretty much are legendaries in my eyes.
>>
>>32112218
I messed up, it isn't. However Corpish entries state that they are foreign and adapted accordingly plus the fact that Crawdaunt shares design similarities with Sharpedo it should be obvious that Crawdaunt uses batesian mimicry to protect itself from predators.
>>
Rhydon was the first Pokemon to be designed without visible Genitalia
>>
>>32112310
I know what you mean, but I'll just add: except for gen V, which only had its new mons in it so it doesn't count.
>>
>>32112446
>it's been in everything if you ignore the things it hasn't!
>>
File: 1465344600798.jpg (331KB, 900x882px) Image search: [Google]
1465344600798.jpg
331KB, 900x882px
>>32112321
>>32112336
Flying type is "F(l)ug" type in German.

Coincidence?
>>
File: extra smol fug.png (500B, 9x12px) Image search: [Google]
extra smol fug.png
500B, 9x12px
>>32112474
ok well I knew THAT
>>
>>32112446
but they're catchable in BW2
>>
>>32112416
Just goes to prove that Crawdaunt is the best Gen 3 Pokémon
>>
>>32112486
Ah. I knew I should have played B2 a long time ago.

Do I miss anything important if I don't beat Alder in Black first? I can't be bothered to grind my mons up.
>>
>>32112311
arceus plates?
>>
>>32112005
There's a Bug type that resists Fire.
>>
File: 600px-484Palkia.png (309KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-484Palkia.png
309KB, 600x600px
>>32112311
why do you hate me?
>>
>>32112474
>Aero Ass
>>
>>32112005
>Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff.
>Just a hop, skip, and a jump away.
>>
Squirtle is currently the only Pokemon able to evolve into Wartortle
>>
Ekans is Snake backwards
>>
File: 1469424324860.png (120KB, 439x335px) Image search: [Google]
1469424324860.png
120KB, 439x335px
Carnivine was only given levitate as a way too show how ingrain removes the effects of that ability.
>>
>>32112631
And muk is
wait for it
wait
kum
haha, so funny, amirite guys?
>>
>>32112684
what is kum?
>>
Gen1 was the first gen to introduce a save feature
>>
>>32112190
they looks nothing alike beside the star
>>
>>32112295
>if you didn't have friends
I didn't have friends and caught one in White 2.
>>
>>32112416
why would crawdaunt mimic a weaker pokemon to protects itself from predators?
>>
The Japanese Generation 1 has subtle differences in saving sound.

Japanese Blue is the only game where Golem can be added into Pokedex without interacting with other games.

There are many unused effects in G2's coding, like held items that prevent status, or a U-turn effect.

G4 has special set of effects for marsh tiles, even though the only time you will ever see them is in Safari Zone.
>>
Pokemon cartridge eeproms have limit number of saves before your save data becomes corrupt and unusable. however you could save 10 times a week for 5 years before this happens so you're probably fine
>>
>>32112005
Pokemon is the combinations of the words Pocket and Monster, taking the P, o, k, e from Pocket and M, o, n from Monster.
>>
Pokemon games are operating systems
>>
>>32112921

Does the Alolan Golem in Tapu Village count? There's an ingame trade which requires a Haunter, but the Graveller you get evolves.
>>
>>32112311
lunala? solgaleo? dialga and palkia? the arceus formes? rayquaza? please be baiting.
>>
>>32112367
The dex makes a distinction between legendaries and sub-legendaries for a reason. If sub-legendaries were actually legendaries they'd just be listed as legendaries, no? This 't-the UB's are totes legend!' meme really needs to die already.
>>
>>32113040
i doubt he was baiting
he was just forgetting the two most overused legendary types
>>
A national dex was for coded into Sun and Moon but GF decided at the last minute to remove it
>>
>>32112632
I'd wager that was meant to be Carnivine's only purpose
>>
>>32113058
What do you count the Kanto Birds, Johto Beasts and Hoenn Golems as?
>>
>>32112074
>>32112190
But Crawdaunt doesn't look like Sharpedo.

Official sources mean a lot, but not even them do I trust as much as my own eyes. If Crawdaunt indeed uses batesian mimicry to look like Sharpedo, it's clearly not very good at it.
>>
>>32113058
>The dex makes a distinction between legendaries and sub-legendaries for a reason.
Purely visual reason. When you catch them, the Dex shows different colors and effects.
There's a different version for legends, "sub-legends" and normal Pokemon
>>
In the original Japanese Red/Green, you get stuck at Viridian City forever if you evolve your starter before you get the Pokédex. The game thinks that, since you've "caught" two Pokémon, you already have a Pokédex, so the game never gives you a Pokédex (meaning the old man never gets out of the way).

On a related note, Prof. Rowan has a special line of dialogue for if you manage to evolve your starter before you get a Pokédex in DPPt.
>>
>>32112311

>>STILL no legendary psychic type
>Mewtwo
>Mew
>Lugia
>Celebi
>Latias
>Latios
>Jirachi
>Deoxys
>Uxie
>Mesprit
>Azelf
>Cresselia
>Victini
>Meloetta
>Hoopa
>Tapu Lele
>Cosmog
>Cosmoem
>Solgaleo
>Lunala
>Necrozma

>>STILL no legendary dragon type
>Latias
>Latios
>Rayquaza
>Dialga
>Palkia
>Giratina
>Reshiram
>Zekrom
>Kyurem
>Zygarde
>Guzzlord

... Is this a joke?
B--Because
I don't get it
>>
>>32112074
>>32112190
>>32112416
Just because you agree with a fan theory from bulbapedia doesn't make it an objective fact.

Also read Crawdaunt's dex entries, I doubt anyone would prey on it.
>>
>>32113040
>>32113254
Is this what autism looks like?
>>
>>32113271
Autism (n): The ability to read lists
>>
>>32113254
You're retarded anon, congrats.
>>
>>32113295
Retarded (adj): Possessing the ability to read lists
>>
File: 627.jpg (127KB, 492x369px) Image search: [Google]
627.jpg
127KB, 492x369px
>>32112074
>>32113110
>fresh water orange crawdad
>mimicking a salt water blue shark
>>
>>32113372
>dark-type
>star on forehead
>>
File: 1470998132005.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1470998132005.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>32113254
>>32113294
>>32113311
>>32113393
>>
>>32113393
>he still thinks the dark in dark-type refers to the absence of light
>>
>>32113415
Where was that implied, retard?
>>
>>32113419
not the other guy but:
>stars emit light
>no other conceivable reason why you'd be implying it doesn't make sense for a dark-type to have a star on its forehead
>>
>>32113434
Sharpedo has a star on its forehead. Corphish mimicked this as it started evolving into Crawdaunt, same with inheriting its dark-type.
>>
>>32113449
Doubt that, unless Crawdaunt is so autistic he can't get the amount of edges on the star right. Sharpedo has a four-point-star, Crawdaunt has five.
>>
>>32113020
Bleh, I meant Generation 1 games.

Golem is not used by any trainer in-game under any circumstances and you cannot get him without trading.
>>
back in gen1 poison was the most common type

also more than 50% of current poison types are from gen1
>>
if you take Eevees Pokedexnumber and add 1 you get vaporeon Pokedexnumber
>>
Max size Gourgeist's cry is different than the other three sizes' cry
>>
Warning: 2 posts of useless facts incoming

- It's possible, though extremely unlikely, for the capture tutorial in RSE to end with Wally's Zigzagoon KOing the wild Ralts, because their IVs and natures are randomly generated. The overall odds of that happening are less than the odds of encountering a shiny.

- The only way to learn Razor Wind in GSC is to trade with a Gen I game or Sketch it from Metronome; nothing learns it by leveling up, and the Pokémon that learn it as an egg move require a parent that learnt Razor Wind in Gen I from a TM.

- There are more Pokémon that are exclusive to Black 2 than to White 2, purely because the shiny Gible you receive after defeating Benga is the only Gible available in BW2. You can catch wild Dratini in both versions.

- In Pokémon Emerald, having a Pokémon with Hyper Cutter use Cut to chop down tall grass will clear a 5x5 square of grass centred around the player, instead of the usual 3x3 square.

- In RBY, if you try to view the TV on the ground floor of your house from the side, it says "Oops, wrong side." This also happens in FRLG, although you'd need to be standing in the wall (read: cheating) to see it in these games.

- The initials of Team Flare's scientists (A, B, C, M, X) correspond to the five classes used to measure the peak flux of solar flares. This fact is probably more interesting than Team Flare as a whole.

- In Gen IV, Fire Fang bypassed Wonder Guard, even when it wasn't super-effective on the Wonder Guard user. No other move had this effect.

- It's impossible to obtain both Delcatty and Wigglytuff in Ruby/Emerald without trading or glitching, because there's only one Moon Stone in the game and the only Hoenn Pokémon that can hold Moon Stones, Lunatone, is exclusive to Sapphire.

- Although the Sp. Def stat was introduced in Gen II, the X Sp. Def item wasn't introduced until Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>32114669
- A Steelix nicknamed "Thumper" can be obtained from an in-game trade in X and Y. You can't actually nickname a Pokémon Thumper in Gen VI, though, because it contains the word "hump".

- Although you can't find any Gen III Pokémon in the wild in FRLG (aside from the Deoxys event), you can still hatch a Wynaut because the Lax Incense is available in the Lost Cave. Azurill can be bred in the same way, although the Marill line is exclusive to LeafGreen.

- Due to a glitch in Gen II, the Dragon Scale boosted Dragon-type moves by 10% instead of the Dragon Fang, as well as enabling Seadra to evolve. This meant that the Dragon Fang itself was completely useless until Ruby and Sapphire.

- Pokémon Stadium is programmed to recognise Diglett as being able to learn Acid, even though Diglett has never legitimately been able to learn the move.
- Nosepass had Head Smash added to its egg moves in HGSS, but couldn't actually hatch with it because none of its compatible parents could learn it either. Head Smash was removed from its egg moves in Black and White and remains unavailable on Nosepass in Sun and Moon, even though it would be able to learn it from an Aegislash or Sudowoodo.

- Because the only requirement for obtaining the National Pokédex in DPPt is seeing every Pokémon in Sinnoh, you can technically do stuff like using the Poké Radar and visiting Pal Park before becoming the Champion. You would need to trade in certain Pokémon to get their "seen" entries, though (Dialga and Palkia come to mind, there might be others).

- Despite first being available in Hoenn, Meditite can only be found when the Sinnoh Sound is playing in HGSS, presumably because Meditite is more common in Sinnoh than in Hoenn.

- In Ruby and Sapphire, the Team Magma/Aqua Grunts the player fights throughout the game exclusively use Zubat, Poochyena and Numel/Carvanha, not even using their evolved forms.
>>
>>32114669
>- The initials of Team Flare's scientists (A, B, C, M, X) correspond to the five classes used to measure the peak flux of solar flares. This fact is probably more interesting than Team Flare as a whole.
This alone makes them more interesting than Galactic, Plasma or Neo Rocket.
>>
File: thanks bulbapedo.jpg (11KB, 161x90px) Image search: [Google]
thanks bulbapedo.jpg
11KB, 161x90px
>>32112025
Krabby is based on a crab
>>
>>32113372
>Sharpedo
>saltwater
It's encountered in freshwater rivers in both RSE and XY. Freshwater sharks do exist, anon.
>>
>>32114669
>It's impossible to obtain both Delcatty and Wigglytuff in Ruby/Emerald without trading or glitching, because there's only one Moon Stone in the game and the only Hoenn Pokémon that can hold Moon Stones, Lunatone, is exclusive to Sapphire.
What were they thinking?
>>
>>32112295
>As a follow-up to the above, it took Stunky/Skuntank seven years before they were catchable again, again if you didn't have friends.
Didn't had any friend who owned Diamond yet got a Stunky trough GTS
>>
>>32112889
Huh, legitimately didn't know that. Thought those EntraLink missions were only playable with a friend.

>>32114756
I meant catchable in the wild in a game.
>>
File: IMG_2136.jpg (29KB, 537x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2136.jpg
29KB, 537x376px
>>32113110
>>32113372
>>32113393
>>32113404
>>32113415
>>32113434
>>32113449
>>32113461
In water it definitely looks like a Sharpedo
>>
>>32113081
Cannot wait to expect another element to be blocked trough paid method or events. Seriously, fuck Game Freak
>>
>>32113962
Hope to see that again in a future generation, better to have new poison pokemon than forced fairy types
>>
>>32114754
Gen 2 was even worse, I remember getting home from school and praying so that Stadium 2's Mystery Gift would give me an evolution stone on Gold Version
>>
Until Sun/Moon, Dodrio has been catchable in every game except Colosseum. A fact Doduo didn't share, thanks to Gale of Darkness.
>>
>>32114669
>>32114679
these were interesting. thanks for that
>>
>>32114705
Keep dreaming
>>
Colosseum is the only game that doesn't have any available gen I Pokémon.
>>
Great thread
>>
Duskull where common and Shuppet were rare on Mt. Pyre in Ruby and vice versa in Sapphire. However, both versions of the remakes have Shuppet as common and Duskull as rare
>>
Pokestar Studios has a tree that you can surf in.

When inside of Cerulean City gym in HGSS, if you have a Togepi following behind you and you examine it, it begins crying as a reference to Misty's Togepi from the anime.

Caterpie, Weedle, and various other first-stage Bug Pokemon didn't have any Bug-type STAB attacks until Bug Bite was introduced in Gen 4.

Diamond dust will fall on Mt. Silver's peak in HGSS, allowing you to fight Red without the usual effects of hail if your game is set to the one day of the year when diamond dust falls.
>>
>>32115168
I suppose that's because Shuppet and Duskull aren't such perfect counterparts anymore - Banette gets a mega while Dusclops gets another evolution. Either way that's pretty interesting
>>
>>32112297
>implying ultra beasts are legendaries
>>
>>32112367
>sublegends
not an official term bucky beaver
>>
You can fish in Misty's gym and Lorelei's room in RBY and even catch Pokémon.
>>
>>32115267
Fishing in Misty's gym also works in gen II.
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 160x290px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 160x290px
>>32115267
this reminded me of something I noticed a few weeks ago.

In GSC, Will's room has a water and ice theme, giving the implication he recently joined the Elite 4.
>>
>The initials of Team Flare's scientists (A, B, C, M, X) correspond to the five classes used to measure the peak flux of solar flares. This fact is probably more interesting than Team Flare as a whole.
i genuinely did not know this
>>
>>32115253
It's the term used in the code of the game, so people have used it as a descriptive. Here is a screenshot from the datamine. Do note that yes, this means UBs are considered to be the same status as the others he mentioned.
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/799322666079551488
>>
>>32113058
It's just a terminology thing. Fans have already used "Legendary" as a catch-all term for the things, with the bigger ones being called "Cover Legendaries". The official terminology just swaps it and gives the lesser ones a subcategory instead of the major ones.

It's like when they came up with "Mythical" to replace "Event Legendary".
>>
Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee allude to Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, respectively
>>
Slowpoke is the only non-event Pokemon in gen 3 that can only be obtained in a single game (Leaf Green).

Lugia and Ho-oh also technically fall into this category, but later gen 3 games consider them to be event Pokemon and doesn't require them to obtain Pokedex completion.
>>
>>32112684
I thought it was muck
>>
>>32118468
Bullshit
>>
File: 290px-Amity_Square_Pt.png (136KB, 290x223px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Amity_Square_Pt.png
136KB, 290x223px
The island in the lake in Amity Square resembles Sinnoh
>>
In Red/Blue Rescue Team, Porygon2 is the only fully-evolved recruitable Pokémon that doesn't appear in the Makuhita Dojo.

Pokémon Platinum is the only game where Porygon2 can be obtained before beating the Champion without trading anything in; in all other games where Porygon is available, either the Upgrade or Porygon itself is only available post-game.

The nicknaming menu in Gen II lacks the numbers 0 to 9, meaning that a nicknamed Porygon2 can never be un-nicknamed in these games.

Porygon2 is the only cross-generational evolution that later received another cross-generational evolution.
>>
>>32112005
Ice might as well not have any
>SLOW
>>
>>32119970

>Pokémon Platinum is the only game where Porygon2 can be obtained before beating the Champion without trading anything in; in all other games where Porygon is available, either the Upgrade or Porygon itself is only available post-game.

I think the same applies to Dusknoir. It's not in Gens 5, 7, or XY, while the Reaper Cloth is postgame in ORAS. Duskull can be gotten in the Safari Zone in HGSS, but that's still after the Champion.
>>
>>32112140
There you have a (You) my friend.

Hey mom, look, i did it!
>>
>>32120244
resistance to ice is good since it's a very good offensive type, it's everything else that's bad
>>
>>32118911
neat
>>
>>32113461
>TFW too smart to count
>>
>>32115220
Diamond Dust is a reference to one of the developers birthdays as it only show up on said birthday. In Sinnoh is appears in Snowpoint City and is in every Gen 4 pokemon game.
>>
>>32112005
>still no pokemon legendary Pokémon Pokémon
It freaking current year
>>
File: 24637.jpg (39KB, 468x424px) Image search: [Google]
24637.jpg
39KB, 468x424px
>>32114877
>when we paint it blue, give it a filter and put it in the ocean it totally looks like a sharpedo with its star on the top of its nose as a physical object...
you'd have to be brain dead not to see that this bright orange pond cray fish is clearly imitating a shark
>MOM I SAW IT ON YOUTUBE ITS TRUE
>>
>>32114669
>- It's possible, though extremely unlikely, for the capture tutorial in RSE to end with Wally's Zigzagoon KOing the wild Ralts, because their IVs and natures are randomly generated. The overall odds of that happening are less than the odds of encountering a shiny.
its also possible to be shiny, but it will be normal after the catch
>>
File: 37974626_p90_master1200.jpg (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
37974626_p90_master1200.jpg
122KB, 500x500px
>>32121113
While you are correct that it does take alot of adjustments to look like Sharpedo, its the best explanation as to why Crawdaunt has a star on its head. Please enlighten me what the true reason is, if you think that a foreign, adaptable crustacean isn't mimicking Hoenns top aquatic predator
>>
Scyther is the only Pokémon who evolves and BST doesn't change
>>
Incineroar is the first starter to ever have a base stat decrease upon evolution, with Torracat having 90 Speed and Incineroar having 60 Speed
>>
>>32121495
Clearly pikachu has the cheek pouches cause its imitating pachirisu, the top predator of sinnoh
You can only find it in ponds
it lives in isolated environments
it is the apex predator
it has nothing to fear in the ponds that it exists in
>>
>>32121537
So when are you gonna respond to his question? I'm curios as well.
>>
>Blue and Alder are the only champions that don't use pseudos
>Honchkrow is the most commonly used team leader mon, used by Cyrus, Lysandre, and Giovanni (In the HGSS event)
>Wally is the only rival to use a pseudo
>Outside of Gen 2, Caitlin is the only Gym leader/e4 to have a pokemon not native to her region as a signature (albeit only in rematches and challenge mode.)
>>
>>32114679
>(Dialga and Palkia come to mind, there might be others)
You can get the seen entry for the dragon opposite to your version by looking at a book in Celestic town.
>>
>>32123128
>>Blue and Alder are the only champions that don't use pseudos

If only Volcarona was a pesudo. I just know there was a scapped middle evolution that would have allowed it to have 600 bst. I wonder why they cut it.
>>
In his first HGSS fight, Brock has a Ryhorn with Sturdy even if it cannot have this ability
>>
>>32123128
Fuck, I forgot about Wallace.
>>
>>32123265
It's a pseudo-pseudo.
>>
>>32123153
True, but you apparently can't view the book until you're the Champion.
>>
In RBY, a Substitute breaks when it's HP is negative, but not when it's exactly 0. So effectively, they have 1 extra HP
>>
>>32123408
In GSC, Iron Tail, Acid and rock Smash can lower the target's defense after destroying his substitute, even if it shouldn't
>>
>>
>>32112025
It's based on the krabby patty you fucking moron.
>>
onix has the same base speed as decidueye
>>
Why is /vp/ so fucking retarded at times?
>>
>>32112557
Araquanid ah?
>>
>>32114754
In Gen 2 you had to register some people in your Pokegear just so you could evolve Arcanine and other Gen 1 stone evos. Trust me, Gen 2 is worse because who the hell even used Wigglytuff and Delcatty in that gen? Doesn't help that Jigglypuff is available in literally one area in the game and it requires surf and the location is near an early game city.
>>
>>32123546
it doesn't resist fire, it takes neutral damage from fire typed attacks because of his bug/water typing
however, it's ability halves the damage it takes from fire typed attackes
>>
>>32123523
Jotik has a higher base attack stat than Onix
>>
>>32123568
>he didn't use delcatty in gen 2
>>
In gen 7, Strength can only be learned by Machamp after evolving from Machoke. It cannot be passed down nor can it be taught any other way. Strength did not become a TM like Surf and Waterfall and Fly. This makes the only HM or TM become a signature move.
Alternatively, Waterfall was Goldeen and Seaking's signature move and then made into an HM and is the only move that has been made so.
Flash has been made an HM, a TM, and a level up move. Alongside strenght this makes it the longest running HM that was made defunct and unteachable.
Rock Smash has been made a TM and an HM the same amount of times if you do not count ORAS reclassing it as an HM. It is also the first TM to become an HM again after the TM breaking mechanic was removed and after it became a TM.
Speaking of TMs, Chimchar was the first Pokemon to learn Facade by level up.
>>
>>32123682
Shit I meant Delcatty and Wigglytuff in gen 3.
>>
>>32118911
>White flowers at the top signifying all the snow

holy shit
>>
>>32123684
>This makes the only HM or TM become a signature move
what about cut with Kartana ?
>>
>>32123128
>>32123265

Blue uses a T-Tar on a rematch in FRLG
>>
>>32123579
So what you're saying is this poke only takes 50% of the damage normally inflicted by a type? Wow, we should decide on some kind of name for this phenomenon! Maybe a... 'resistance'?
>>
>>32124234
When hit by a fire type, there's no text displaying
"it isn't very effective"
>>
All of Kanto's towns and cities are named after colors, while all of Johto's are named after species of plants. However, the Indigo Plateau, where both regions meet, is named after both a plant and color.
>>
File: azurama.jpg (103KB, 1568x418px) Image search: [Google]
azurama.jpg
103KB, 1568x418px
There's a pretty good chance Azurill and Hariyama accidentally switched catch rates at some point.
>Azurill is harder to catch than Marill,
>Hariyama is easier to catch than Makuhita,
>They're right next to each other in the dex
>They're literally the only cases where the evo is easier to catch
>switching them fixes them both
>>
>>32125944
Actually pretty neat
>>
>>32125944
...aren't LOWER catch rates the more difficult ones?

Like, if you look at the percentages in your image, it outright tells you Hariyama is harder to catch than Makuhita.
>>
>>32123684
Also that reminds me.

IN BW2 YOU CAN ENTER THAI SHRINE WITH OVERLEVELED TEAMS IF YOU HAVE A SEAKING IN YOUR TEAM. It learns waterfall and you can use it even though you don't have a badge that allows it.
>>
>>32126886
he swapped them anon...
>>
>>32117594
Mythical isn't a category for legendaries
>>
>>32112942
does this include pokemon silver and gold?
>>
>>32127118
Mythical is a term used to describe event legendaries in Japan but was only recently adopted by the global Pokemon media.
But you are right, Mythicals are considered the same class as legendaries in the Pokedex, the big distinction being that they don't count towards dex completion.
>>
>>32112297
Gen 5 isn't canon, so we technically still don't have a bug type Legendary.
>>
>>32114718
LIAR
>>
>>32127162
>gen 5 isn't canon
>gen 7 isn't canon
Anon pls this is a bad meme
Genesect is a bug legend, Buzzwole and Pheromosa are bug sublegends. And Arceus-Bug but that's dubious.
>>
>>32121113
You clearly doesn't know how animals work
>>
>>32127159
Ug no
Mythical is just event only pokemon, not necessarily a legendary one. Even Ash's Greninja is a mythical pokemon
>>
>>32127230
I never stipulated it had to be legendary, I just stated that the term was used to describe event legendaries since that's what the post originally was addressing. Mythical status changes and I know it is simply used to denote event exclusive Pokemon.
Also
>ug
>>
>>32123568
>n Gen 2 you had to register some people in your Pokegear just so you could evolve Arcanine and other Gen 1 stone evos
What?
>>
>>32123684
>This makes the only HM or TM become a signature move.
Wrong, Cut is Kartana's signature move.
>>
File: 160px-Professor_Oak_OS_anime.png (31KB, 160x281px) Image search: [Google]
160px-Professor_Oak_OS_anime.png
31KB, 160x281px
Pokemon are a single, super-adaptable extraterrestrial species that has supplanted much of earth's ecosystems in a few hundred years, capable of widespread interbreeding and rapid metamorphosis when exposed to extreme conditions (such as continual battle) and all stemming from a single genetic progenitor (Mew, as created/brought to Earth by Arceus).

Humanoid Pokemon like Mr. Mime or the Machop line are the collective Pokemon DNA attempting to replicate and replace more extreme instances of humanity, failing in "cute" way.

Since the mass depopulation and infrastructure damage more recent world wars brought about by fully harnessing Pokemon in digital yokes (recall Lt. Surge) a society populated mostly by children, young adults, and the elderly has been slowly rebuilding itself from small, isolated towns and medical centers into one in which Pokemon are, instead of merely weapons of war, an omnipresent food/labor source that humanity lives symbiotically with.

Beyond Arceus, whose intentions in introducing Pokemon to Earth remain unknown, Deoxys is the sole example of a Pokemon born in conditions beyond our world and an example of Pokemon DNA adapting outside of Earth's ecosystems. Porygon is the sole example of a purely artificial Pokemon, born from the new technologies used to reduce Pokemon into a digital signature for easy transportation, storage, and enslavement. Mewtwo and Ditto were both attempts to replicate Mew using genetic engineering, both having failed in different, and spectacular, fashion.
>>
>>32112311

The Bait
>>
>>32112474
That's how the joke started, newfag.
>>
Magearna is the only pokemon that can learn TMs that can't be taught toxic.
>>
>>32129247
thats actually not true
Spewpa for example can learn Protect via TM, but not Toxic
>>
>>32129392
the other pokemon are
-Unown (it COULD learn hidden power via tm, but because it's its only move it wont work under normal conditions)
-Wobbuffet
- Wynaut
-Kricketot
-Burmy
-Tynamo
>>
>>32112005
Delcatty has a spot on its head in gen 3 that was incredibly hard to see
they removed it in gen 4
>>
>>32113161
>Prof. Rowan has a special line of dialogue for if you manage to evolve your starter before you get a Pokédex in DPPt.
The game doesn't actually check for evolution, even though the dialogue points it out specifically. The game checks to see if the Pokemon you have has a different dex number than the Pokemon you chose. It becomes apparent if you do a randomized run and, for example, choose "Piplup" and get Ninjask.
>>
In gen 1 tangela was the only pure grass type.

Lickitung could not learn lick in gen 1.

Originally, smeargle's normal and shiny forms were switched.

Entei, the Volcano Pokémon, cannot learn earthquake. But Komala can.

Shiny Omastar was originally black instead of purple.

Marowak could learn bubble beam in gen 1.

Parts of Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam's animations are cut when another Pokémon, such as smeargle, uses them.

If a Pokémon had every type at once, it would be weak to rock.

That's all that I know that hasn't been posted yet.
>>
File: flock of swellow.jpg (21KB, 320x247px) Image search: [Google]
flock of swellow.jpg
21KB, 320x247px
=3
>>
>>32129392
You are right but you get what I meant. Magearna is the only pokemon that can use TMs normally (read: not things like Wobbuffet and Weedle) that can't learn toxic. Spewpa can learn protect because it learns it by level up.
>>
>>32127519
Nice headcanon.
>>
TM 28 contains Tombstony
>>
>>32112005
Lusamine is the only NPC in the series to have two unique battle themes in a single game.
>>
>>32112427
Hardy har
>>
>>32114898
BW/2?
>>
>>32112632
So its only reason to exist is to be made weaker? Why does Gamefreak hate its own creations?
>>
>>32123488
Jesus, is that Assembly?
>>
Certain pokemon, both kanto and johto pokemon, had different sprites in their Japanese and international versions.
>>
>>32121113
The color red is not visible through several feet of saltwater. Sharpedos don't ever come out of the water, so Crawdaunts "filter" is something that would occur in nature.
>>
File: 1489978410456.png (70KB, 899x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1489978410456.png
70KB, 899x1081px
>>32129973
Forget pic.
>>
>>32121518
I would need others to confirm, but I remember hearing that scyther was never supposed to have an evolution since its stats were pretty decent already, but it was so popular a pokemon that when gen 2 rolled around, they made one for it and only shifted its stats around instead of giving it more and making it too OP.
>>
>>32129750
>If a Pokémon had every type at once, it would be weak to rock.
This was true before Fairy came along.
>>
>>32127519
>Porygon is the sole example of a purely artificial Pokemon
Magearna exists.
>>
>>32130032
Wrong.
>>
>>32130046
Magearna has that Soul Heart thing. If you count her, Pokemon like Deoxys count as manmade too.
>>
>>32129841
N
>>
>>32130032
Fairy is super effective against dragon, dark, and fighting. Fire, steel, and poison resist fairy. Thus effectively giving a Pokemon with all types neutral resistance to fairy
>>
>>32115235
>implying they are not
>>
>>32113271
>le_only_pretending_to_be_retarded_faec.jpg
>>
Until Buzzwole, the bug Pokémon with the highest HP was Yanmega at 86
>>
In Japan, Ursaring was Silver exclusive and Donphan was Gold exclusive. The localized version swaps them for unknown reasons.
>>
>>32112074
>>32112190

While I think the theory is cool, you have to admit that there are some issues with the idea. A few are already pointed out, but what other anons have yet to mention, crawdunt is a freshwater Pokémon and sharpedo a saltwater Pokémon. Still a cool theory though.
>>
>>32131737
This has already been addressed
>>32114727
>>
>>32131737
>>32131749
Young zebra sharks mimic sea snakes, zebra sharks are commonly found in saltwater and sometimes in freshwater, sea snakes are commonly found in freshwater rivers or saltwater depending on species.
Carvanha can also be found on Route 119 in a river. Although they do not share the same environment it is entirely possible to mimic species that rarely meet each other.
>>
File: IMG_2310.png (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2310.png
39KB, 300x300px
Mimikyu might actually have been designed to look like Pikachu
>>
>>32123265
It's part of Black and White's theme. You have the champion wearing white in a white room that uses lots of bug pokemon, the "weakest" type, and in b/w 2, you have a champion with dark hair and a dark room that uses lots of dragons, the "strongest" type, as well as using the region's dark/dragon psuedo that just happens to be weak to bug. It's the whole "truths vs ideals" thing GF tried to shove into every aspect of the generation
>>
File: IMG_2311.gif (870KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2311.gif
870KB, 300x169px
>>32123265
>Volcarona with 600 BST
>Access to Quiver Dance
>>
>>32114897
>>32123568
Just buy Crystal you fucking retards.
>>
>>32133045
Maybe mimikyu's disguise would look like any other pokemon, I wonder what mimikyu looks like without its disguise?
>>
>>32127230
>ash's greninja is mythical pokemon
source
>>
>>32127230
Ash Greninja isnt mythical
>>
Despite the existence of egg groups, humans can actually impregnate all pokemon
>>
>>32129981
prefer everything jap in all of those cases except stantler, donphan and blissey
>>
File: autism.jpg (19KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
19KB, 448x336px
>>32124254
OH SO I GUESS IT DOESN'T RESIST FIRE THEN
>>
>>32133572
Even the minerals?
>>
>>32133635
yes
>>
>>32129942
You expected the gen 1 games to be made in java or something?
>>
>>32118911
Ok this was new to me.
>>
>>32133648
I expected a custom language desu
>>
>>32133662
You aren't very tech savvy are you?
>>
Primarina's base Special Attack of 126 is the highest stat of any starter Pokemon. The second highest is Greninja's base 122 Speed.
>>
>>32133679
Wow holy shit
>>
>>32133728
Yup

Even starters aren't safe from powercreep
>>
>>32133754
As if gen 7 starters are that good
>>
>>32133767
yeah yeah

I'm just saying that in general, Pokemon stat numbers are just gonna get bigger and bigger. Whether or not that means better Pokemon just depends.
>>
>>32123510
You mean the thing named after a crab?
>>
>>32118468
sawk and throh are based on the red and blue ohni from japanese folklore
>>
>>32133775
>>32133754
eh, Swampert still has the highest BST of the starters.

Starters are just getting more min-max'd
>>
File: 1465590305264.jpg (1MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465590305264.jpg
1MB, 1400x1000px
Malamar was intruduced in the same generation as Hoopa and shares its type.
>>
>>32133829
what a shitmon
>>
>>32129942

low level, sure. not assembly though.
>>
In gen 1 body slam cant paralyze normal types, as well lick cant paralyze ghosts and twineedle cant poison bugs. This was only discovered 3-4 years ago.
>>
>>32134017
However, Twineedle could poison Poison types.
>>
>>32129980
>>32114727
Soo saltwater yes or no?
>>
>>32129841
N and Cynthia. Blue too if you count the WCS theme
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.