[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think gen 5 was best pokemon game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1489753343431.png (43KB, 140x154px) Image search: [Google]
1489753343431.png
43KB, 140x154px
Why do you think gen 5 was best pokemon game
>>
for me it's just how it introduced new stuff and started trying to break from traditions + only new pokemon

those things put together made me feel kinda new to the games again and i like it.
>>
>>32109303
It was passionate. It had heart, goals and dream worlds.

BW1 are the only games that I feel an unparalleled feeling of love and joy coming from every aspect of it, so I end up feeling the same way.
>>
>>32109303
>Gen 5
Generation has nothing to do with it, BW1 are the worst games and BW2 are the best.
>>
I loved the new mons (I didn't like Watchog, Keldeo, Meloetta, Emboar... that's about it. Most others are great.)

The story was a good try from gf, they went farther with it than they did others (and while the "twist" at the end upset some people, I feel like it was at least pulled off well enough, even despite the obviousness of it, to say it's good.)

the locations are some of my favorites in the series

the music is BOMB. Route 10 is still my favorite theme in the series.

Alder and Iris are my favorite champions

The gym leaders felt like they had a real presence outside of the gyms

speaking of them, the gym puzzles were great, most of them at least

Not to mention BW2 giving us just as solid games with a lot of variety aftwrwards

all gen v games felt like they had the most effort put into them and I liked almost every aspect of it. It's really phenomenal, in my opinion.
>>
Gen V feels positively unique among GF Pokemon titles for a couple of reasons:

To me, the chosen art style of tall and lanky looking character sprites on a 3D background really augmented the world. The sprites really popped and the way they are less chibi than other sprites in the series made them more expressive. The way certain characters have small animations like N shaking his head or Alder's hair flowing in the wind subtly add to this.

Speaking of the characters, they all had great stage presence. That's something that X and Y later dropped the ball on almost completely. It's why all the Gym leaders save for Korrina are all literal who characters while the ones from Black and White felt significant. They DID shit. Maybe not important shit, but they were out and around. They were characters.

On top of all this, the games were actually quite comfy. The art threw in a lot of details that made the world look significantly more lived-in than previous titles. Lots of areas had custom sprites or models and it gave every location a distinct flavor, something that previous games which did a lot of art asset copying only managed through music and occasional setpieces.

Then there's the Donphan in the room... or rather, the lack of it and anything else. The new Pokemon exclusivity. Extremely polarizing, but I think it was for the better. It made Black and White stand on their own legs as a completely fresh and isolated adventure. It's much more fun to be in a random trainer fight and see something you don't immediately recognize the first time. What type is it? What kind of moves does it know? Is it fast? Does it hit hard? If it were some Kantomon, I'd just brush it off as a known threat and deal with it accordingly, but playing BW blind doesn't let you do this. In hindsight it makes the games less replayable in that regard, but the other positive points make the game worth it even without this piece.
>>
It feels like they tried
>>
They have a lot of content.
>>
>>32109303
I don't
I actually think it's the worst
>>
>>32109303
Because it broke a lot of traditions in Pokemon without sacrificing the feel of the game as well as allowing the player to explore but giving the game a certain linearity if you just didn't feel like searching up and down.

Even aesthetically with the changing seasons and the music it all felt like a competently made game. The one downside was how most of the older generation Pokemon used their gen 4 sprites and lazily animated them.

Basically, it was Sun and Moon done right.
>>
>>32109561
>a lot of content
>people hate it

>SM barely have content
>people love it
That's it. People just hate playing the fucking games.
>>
>>32109543
(Cont.)

Then there's the plot, which is pretty well-executed all considered. It's no console JRPG plot by any means, but it's accessible while still being quite pensive. N's entire existence is a big "fuck you" to the core concepts of Pokemon which is pretty bold, plus Ghetsis is a surprisingly savvy villain. The way the games shook up the ending a bit was also a breath of fresh air into the Pokemon formula.

Then there were the sequels, which had all of these positives and stacked them onto even more content - namely all the old Pokemon flood back into the game, there are more areas to explore, diverse gyms (with unique BGM orchestrations, no less!), the PokeDex's new Habitat List feature, Hidden Grottoes, Medal collecting (a Pokemon game with an ACHIEVEMENT system? Fuck YES!), a difficulty toggle, PokeStar Studios, and the crown jewel that was the Pokemon World Tournament. The games also played well as real sequels, referencing past events and even introducing the Memory Link feature that gave the sequels much more direct continuity with the exact cart of Black or White that you had, which is something I wish all games do more often.

It's easy to find ways to shit on Gen V, and a lot of these are tasteful additions rather than objective ones so they're not really "proof" that the games are superior, but I think it was a lot of positive steps forward. And it was really disappointing to see XY backtrack almost all of them and take even more steps backward. If you ask me, a big part of why XY taste so bad in hindsight is because they didn't live up to top Gen V.
>>
because it wasn't Gen 2.
>>
The only generation which surpasses the already tasteful Gen 4. S tier Pokemon games, BW and BW2 will forever remain the pinnacle of quality from GF
>>
I don't, it's the worst gen
>>
>>32109303
Because I'm mentally retarded. I could never think BW were better than XY otherwise.
>>
File: tumblr_mlbqw4TIhK1r6wywso2_500.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlbqw4TIhK1r6wywso2_500.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>32109303
Just feelsthe most thought out to me. BW are my favorite games in the series honestly. The new pokemon approach was brilliant, not only forcing nostalgiafags outside thier comfort zone but letting people sick of seeing the same kanto pokemon get a break. Also the new selection was brilliant, second only to alolain my opinion. The story wasn't perfect but I appreciate that they seem to really try. Gym leaders were more then people on a hall and bianca and cheren felt like genuine friends. After the XY "friends" I aporeciate them even more honestly.

It felt the most like GF really was trying to make pokemon special again.
>>
BW is shit; B2W2 is GOAT.
>>
>>32109303

The new pokemon and Rosa
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.