[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like all the Gen VII starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

I think they all have cool designs.

I think it's nice they all have a useful niche in gameplay and that move tutors and hidden abilities will make them shine further in the future.

There is no catch or bait. I actually feel this way.
>>
>>32108510
but you catched the bait, hazeldex.
>>
>>32108510
Cool blog faggot
>>
You cant not dislike primarina, thats the wort pokemon design ever,, its purely existence makes angry
>>
>>32108510
Same, they are my favorite trio
>>
>>32108543
imblin is ledit mate
>>
>>32108549
Primarina was my favorite Pokémon but after reading this I can't like it anymore, thanks for opening my eyes anon
>>
File: StarterSelfie.png (472KB, 839x477px) Image search: [Google]
StarterSelfie.png
472KB, 839x477px
>>32108510
I agree, but what exactly is the point of this thread?

If you want a thread for all three, then just ask. Though there is a Popplio line thread currently up
>>
Just make I It a comy alola starter thread, we haven't had one in ages.
>>
/vp/ doesnt deserve a comfy thread for these 3. Too much hatred lies inside me for them.
>>
>>32108764
>Getting angry over fictional cartoon creatures
I'd tell you to take a break from vp, but this applies to everyone on vp
>>
>>32108764
Why so shook?
>>
File: LEAKS.png (52KB, 497x451px) Image search: [Google]
LEAKS.png
52KB, 497x451px
>>32108783
Getting mad over the starters is all ive been doing sence they leaked.
I need help.
>>
>>32108843
Make your own starters! That'll fix everything.
>>
>>32108783
>True.

You can't believe how far people would go just because they have a distaste for one of the other alola starter.

But it doesn't mean we can't set our differences aside and just make one thread that shows the true spirit the alola starters.

>Jezz i sounds hella corny.
>>
>>32108843
Why though
What can possibly make anyone angry about them is beyond me
I guess it's what the cool /vp/ kids do to fit it
>>
>>32108864
Most of the anons who actually liked the series and enjoyed discussing it left sometime after XY was released. I blame slugfucker.
>>
>>32108857
Are you that guy with the Incineroar battle royale theory
>>
>>32108851
Ive just decided i cant like starters anymore.
If you use them in story you're just like everybody else. So you end up obligated to like them one way or another by having them forced on you from the start of every game.
If you box them all those other starter loyalists judge you by saying you aren't getting the true pokemon experience by not using them.
So ive just forgotten why its so important to like them. Thus it became disdain for all of them.
>>
>>32108965
And why does this make you mad about them? Just don't use them, respect the people who do and don't be bitch about it.
>>
>>32108984
I want to use them. But if they arent viable there is no point.
>>
>>32109022
What? That's not what you said at all
Also how are they not viable?
>>
>>32108965
you sound like a gigantic faggot
>>
>>32109038
If thier name isnt mega shinka or greninja they are all mediocre.
>>32109045
If i say thier designs are bad ill be called a faggot anyway.
>>
>>32109063
O-ok...
>>
>>32109022
>But if they arent viable there is no point.

Then what is the point of using any Pokemon, if they're not viable? Being a starter or not doesn't really have an impact on viability, so the distinction shouldn't even apply.
>>
>>32109063
>If thier name isnt mega shinka or greninja they are all mediocre.
Blaziken says hi.
>>
>>32109081
Then why are their hidden abilities locked?
>>
>>32109103
Using a starter for an in-game playthrough has nothing to do with competitive. His "argument" doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>32108510
Only like Litten, Incineroar, Dartrix, Decidueye, and Brionne myself. But I couldn't shitpost about the others.
>>
>>32109137
Why not Torracat? It's just Incineroar on all fours.
>>
>>32109122
Then why is everybody so concerned about which starter every gen is gonna be the new greninja or blaziken? They want them to be broken so everybody will use them and like them. If they arent viable or have flawless designs they might as well be disliked if you dont like them.
>>
>>32109165
But Ash Greninja got more hate then love and Blaziken is rotting in Ubers.
>>
>>32108904
No, but I do know the guy.
>>
>>32109146
Don't know, just never really liked it.
>>
>>32109165
>Then why is everybody so concerned about which starter every gen is gonna be the new greninja or blaziken?

Simple question actually.

It's because they don't want there starter to be forgotten or treated as a joke. Or be easy to down play. Every fan will agree with me when I say no one wants there favorite starter in the anime to be comedy relief mon. And at the same time they don't want them to suck in the games either. It's either one or the other.

Lets take samurott as an example. Cool design cool concept. But it all means nothing when it sucks in competitive, so of course samurott fans will get mad. Because there's nothing holding up the fan basie but a cool design. So they would expect him to have a cool counterpart in the anime So people don't look too far down at him for his lack of skills in competitive. But we all know how that ended up. Oshowott was reduced to a comedy relief pokemon. Not giving samurott fans any confidence. Thus the samurott fan basie gets smaller and smaller until it's not even a thing you can argue with anymore.

>Something like that.

Then a shield mons became a thing. They have good anime portrayals and sometimes could be good in competitive. I say sometimes because infernape and croocadile have yet to get a secret form or mega.

The shield status guarantees that your mon will either be noticeable in game or anime, and greninja prooved that sometimes it could be both. People just want there mons to succeed at something and be more noticeable. They would literally do anything to try and put the mon in the shield position. They wouldn't care weather it's loved or despised by people. They just want to see it accelerate at something weather it be the in game or out.
>>
File: Joey_wheeler.png (508KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
Joey_wheeler.png
508KB, 636x477px
>>32109165
Who the hell cares what they think. I've had to sit around for over 4 (FOUR) years of having fucking Probopass as my favorite Pokemon and you know what that taught me? Caring what others think sucks and it's better if you don't. You don't like starters? That's cool, I mean I love starters but I don't have to force you to. Anyone saying going starterless isn't authentic Pokemon is fucking retarded. You played with the team you wanted, that's the authentic Pokemon experience. Don't listen to /vp/ about starter viability either, they just want to win cancerous shitflinging wars for their favorite. Also curious, what do you tend to take as your starter instead, a Route 1 mon?
>>
>>32109585
oiek zukulento
>>
>>32109414
I think i should just stop looking at starters as forcedn pokemon. They are just beginners tools for catching more pokemon afterall.
>>32109585
I take whatevers my usual favorites in the region if they are there. Or if they look interesting and have interesting abilites.
Id say my flaw is not using a large variety.
>>
>>32109414
I know you're the guy who gets mocked as the Decidueye shill guy or kid or whatever you're called by people, but this is actually a legitimately great post with common sense everyone can agree with no matter who they like, like what the fuck. A+ post right here.
>>
>>32109712
Yeah, he ain't a bad guy. Just goes way overboard sometimes when defending the owl and he has a funny stype of writing.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.