[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maptism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: ndfmGTq.png (339KB, 400x481px) Image search: [Google]
ndfmGTq.png
339KB, 400x481px
We know the following about the pokemon region geography.

>Johto is next to Kanto
>Sinnoh is north of Johto
(Sinjoh being between them)
>Kanto, Johto and at least Sinnoh is part of one island
>Sevii is south of Kanto
>Kalos is relatively close to Hoenn
(two different people mentioning it in pic related)
>Unova is relatively far from the other regions
>Alola is relatively far from the other regions (though I assume closer than Unova based on all the Kanto/Johto/Kalos influences

Also, outside of the Sevii sidequest, do we have any in game references to Hoenn being near Kanto? Or do we just assume it is based on the real world map? Because network communications doesnt really mean they have to be close (though I also think they are)
>>
File: pokearth.png (573KB, 713x556px) Image search: [Google]
pokearth.png
573KB, 713x556px
>>32103745
It's literally earth
>>
>>32103773
Putting in a generic globe because GF has no globe itself doesnt mean it's earth, unless you're telling me Unova is the size of a city
>>
File: pokearth.jpg (31KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
pokearth.jpg
31KB, 500x386px
>>32103745
Hoenn isn't near Kanto.

This is the world map in ORAS.
>>
>>32103888
wrong, this does not have sinnoh above johto
>>
>>32103888
This is just a shout out to Serebii and a reason in game maps and globes dont mean shit. They directly contradict what the games say about the regions.
>>
>>32103916
Right, don't the Sinjoh ruins "connect" the two? Or is it entirely referential?
>>
>>32103941
either way, Sinnoh's snowy tip shows it's definitely not in the same hemisphere as tropical hoenn
>>
>>32103745
Isn't Alola near Kanto? Supported by the tourists, Lillie's boat trip, Kukui's trip, the vast amount of Kanto pokemon, Kanto regional forms
>>
>>32104017
It was hard to tell, I felt they flip flopped on that a lot during the games and by the end, I just didnt know
>>
>>32104000

Anon, Japan is a long chain of islands. Japan is stubtropical but it still snows there, and like hell in Northern Japan. Just like any other country that stretches from near the equator to far away from the equator.

You realize you can ski in Northern California right?
>>
>>32104092
On the map that was posted >>32103888, Sinnoh and Hoenn are in the same area, and yet Sinnoh is snowing in an area that does not have a higher altitude than normal, while all of Hoenn is tropica/sub tropical. The Sinnoh on that map is also below the temperate Kanto and Johto.

Literally what are you talking about?
>>
>>32104169
Holy shit, that map is fanmade.
>>
File: 1461491254375.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1461491254375.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>32103745
Based on all in game data, this is the most accurate map of the Regions in Pokemon. (Obviously still a work in progress)
>>
>>32104182
That's what Ive been saying? Im not following you here.
>>
File: Untitled.png (171KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
171KB, 1000x1000px
>>32104194
This, I buy. Not sure where the rest of the info comes from
>>
>>32103745
Hoenn is also west and Alola is east.
(Shellos)
>>
File: IMG_3979.png (159KB, 1196x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3979.png
159KB, 1196x1280px
>>
>>32103933
It has nothing to do with Serebii, even though he technically made it. It just used to be the first result on google images when you searched "Pokemon map". (specifically, the version in-game was taken from a Minecraft site)
>>
>>32104244
Both forms of Shellos are catchable in ORAS, though, as version exclusives.
>>
>>32104246
Yes, you showed the inspiration for the regions, nice

>>32104244
That's actually a really good catch. Though, is that west and east compared to Sinnoh? Since it has both. Maybe that just shows how a Shellos develops based on which side of a region's sea it ends up on
>>
>>32104239
Pokemon from the Sinnoh region can travel to Unova through the cave of being, putting Unova southeast of Sinnoh. Also, considering the population of invasive species that arrive in Unova at the end of BW, the region has to be connected by land, but based on weather and topography, it cant be on the same line or below Kanto/Johto/Kalos.

The same general principal applies to the rest.
>>
>>32104246
this. Even in the anime Oak said Sinnoh was to the north of Kanto(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG192) and honestly, considering how Sinnoh is way colder than Kanto, only a retard like >>32103888 would think otherwise.
Also this >>32103773
In every new media (Games, Trailers, Anime) they show the pokémon world as the earth. So it's pretty much confirmed now.
>>
>>32104267
Fuckin GameFreak has to ruin everything with version exclusives
>>
>>32104316
>even in the anime
who cares

>>32104287
This is an inherent flaw of how the pokemon games do regions. They keep saying the regions are all super far away, and yet the regional dexes have pokemon from these far regions rather than say, the region next to them
>>
>>32104246
This.
>>
>>32104244
Wrong.
Kyushu is at the left of Hawaii.
>>
>>32104359
fuck I meant at the right of course.
>>32104353
So what? The anime is still more canonical than your retarded headcanon. Try to explain why at the north of Sinnoh is perma-snowing while in Kanto it never snows.
>>
>>32104359
Yeah but Hawaii isn't in Pokémon games lol
>>
>>32103745
>Kalos is relatively close to Hoenn
>(two different people mentioning it in pic related)
That's supposed to be a joke, they're obviously based off of France and Kyushu, so the pokemon-world equivalent is about the same. If they were close Kalos wouldn't have its own route system. Also
>literally a globe of the world map in your Alola room
>>
>>32104373
It's already been ascertained that pokémon earth is the equivalent of our earth, as you can see here >>32103773. Even Masuda said that in a twitt iirc or in an interview. Can someone post it?
>>
>>32104395
Wtf I hate earth now
>>
>>32104368
>my retarded headcannon
Im OP, and have posted absolutely no headcannon so far.

I dont have to explain something I dont beleive

>>32104395
>I said so so the whole thread beleives it now
>>
>>32104169
I feel embarrassed. Dude holy shit have you never seen a mountain top? Do you honestly not understand why snow accumulates on them? Jesus christ man come on, there's no way you can honestly tell me you don't even realize Hawaii and the like has snow even.
>>
>>32104389
Masuda was asked about the pokémon world
>Masuda: We actually don’t think of the world of Pokémon as Earth. If we were to do that, we would kind of be limited by what we could do. By thinking about how physical objects work on Earth and how various elements work on Earth, we would kind of be limited to that if we though of it as Earth. We think of it as a place that is really similar to Earth, but is a different planet of its own with people in it who may be similar to people on Earth, but they have different values so they care about different things.
i.e Earth but in the pokémon universe, when physics is different and people can use teleports. But basically the Earth.
>>
>>32103773
If that's the earth why isn't it flat?
>>
>>32104389
In what way is it a joke? There is literally no evidence that makes one come to this conclusion other than it showing the pokemon world isnt 1:1 with earth.

>>32104429
Snowpoint City isnt on a mountain top. Mt Coronet is entirely separate from Northern Sinnoh's snow I still have no idea what you are saying and Im not sure how to respond anymore
>>
>>32104428
>>I said so so the whole thread beleives it now
You are literally going against the game.
>>
>>32104438
That's not talking about the landmases at all
>>
>>32104429
>Mountain top
How retarded are you? There's even a port in snowpoint city.
>>
File: 1481959923900.png (136KB, 483x444px) Image search: [Google]
1481959923900.png
136KB, 483x444px
>>32104457
>In what way is it a joke?
>"I just swam all the way from Japan to France! Battle me!"
>not a joke
You can't that shit literally man.
>>
>>32104458
the game itself shows that the world cant possibly be the same as earth as the regions all have different sizes and shapes. New York City alone would take up a massive part of America and the continent cant possibly be shaped the same. Alola has less islands than Hawaii. France is relatively the same size as a tiny part of Japan. The games themselves contradict the random globe decoration.
>>
>>32104473
The statements dont seem to be particularly sarcastic or jokey though. Plus, if it came up once I'd say it was a joke. But then GF made the reference a second time, and went on to say that Kalos and Hoenn influenced each other in several ways.
>>
>>32104493
>The statements dont seem to be particularly sarcastic or jokey though.
You have to be kidding. In what world does "I swam across oceans!" not sound like a joke?

Also they don't have to be close to each other to influence one another.
>>
>>32104493
Japanese humor is different than ours, you'll notice that if watch subs then dubs. I admit I'm not an expert but in this scenario I think it's safe to say it's supposed to be played for laughs. Regarding references, that's just standard remake stuff, HGSS had plenty of Sinnoh references as well, they just blended in better since they both had similar themes. Also it's not unheard of for distant countries to influence each other, Japan has had a lot of influence from America despite being separated by an entire ocean.
>>
>>32104493
You're fucking autistic dude.
>>
>>32104540
I lost so I'll go home doesn't sound like it has to be a joke. You're approaching the statement from it having to be a joke and I'm doing the opposite, which might be why we're not seeing eye to eye. It never seemed like a joke and more like a regular statement.

>>32104600
Don't tread on me
>>
>>32104618
>I lost so I'll go home doesn't sound like it has to be a joke.
Except it does when you factor in the whole swimming to another region part.
>>
>>32104642
I think its obviously a joke to you because you see the places as having to be as far apart as Japan and France. Since I never did think it was 1:1 before, I just took it as normal.
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (1MB, 1520x1302px) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
1MB, 1520x1302px
This
>>
>>32104906
Hoenn and Kalos are too close to each other as is Unova and Sinnoh. Basically any region that starts with a route one is fairly far away from the others.
>>
>>32104456
>>
>>32104906
dobry wieczór
>>
>>32103773
They make fake globes in real life. Who's to say fictional characters don't have fake globes relative to their own world?
>>
>>32104906
There's no way Unova is above Sinnoh, but otherwise I have no problems with this
>>
>>32103933
>a shout out to serebii
don't flatter yourself, joe
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.