[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually have any evidence to the credibility of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

Does anyone actually have any evidence to the credibility of Australia/New Zealand being the next game region? All I can think of is how Komala suspiciously does not evolve, and how they did not release a dolphin pokémon, when Hawaii would be the second-best place to do so behind Australia.
>>
>>32100886
Australia just seems like one of those really obvious places that a Pokémon region could be based on. There's truckload of cool wildlife that would make for amazing Pokémon, and there are a bunch of interesting potential locations, too.
>>
>evidence
Of course fucking not. People have been saying that Australia would be next for the past two generations.
>>
>>32100886
>dolphin Pokemon
But Kadabra already exists
>>
>>32101021
>Kadabra is a dolphin
I remember this meme...
>>
File: 1489384180188.png (7KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1489384180188.png
7KB, 377x330px
Gamefreak held a QA with Australian and NZ pokemon players

One of the question mentioned about having Australia as a region

And they mentioned that they haven't thought about it and wanted to see Australia before doing such thing.

That's pretty much the closest direct thing that GF may do Australia as a next game region.
>>
Why do people always use the entirety of the continent when discussing/imagining an Australian-based region? It's a pretty damn big country.
At best I'd reckon you'd get Victoria, Tasmania and Southern NSW. If you rip the tasman down to size, you might get a bit of New Zealand in there too.
>>
File: 250px-596Galvantula.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-596Galvantula.png
55KB, 250x250px
>>32100886
INB4 everything will be Poison type meme.

But yeah, Australia would be cool if I'm able to get my < bro very early on.
>>
as an Aussie the problem I have with having it as a region is that there's absolutely bumfuck all until you hit the coasts, just hundreds upon hundreds of kilometres of dry bushland and sand

also pretty well every state but victoria, queensland and tasmania is shit in terms of scenery and wildlife
>>
>>32101577
Cherry-picking parts of country is not a problem though, all previous gens did this. So aussie game can be based only on those three provinces/states/oblasts/whatever you have down under.
>>
I hope there isn't any, I'm tired of tropical/warm regions.
>>
File: 1485639338817.png (22KB, 530x392px) Image search: [Google]
1485639338817.png
22KB, 530x392px
>>32101430
>>
Just a couple of examples of some of the diverse australian animal life: Platypus, wombat, numbat, echidna, quokka, kookaburra, peacock, plenty of snakes and spiders, tasmanian devil, cane toads, anemone, blue ringed octopus, magpie, nz has kiwis and a venomous species of bird. Legandary could be based off of uluru (ayer's rock)
>>
Evil team could be abos trying to use the box art fuel & booze Pokemon to summon the third legend - a stick
>>
>>32101690
>leaving out the eternal emu
Hmm...
>>
>>32100886
gen M8
>>
>>32101673
Congrats you clean miss a good 3/4 of the country and make everything overly simple.
>>
No. It's a meme.
>>
>>32101742
So? 90% of Australia is uninhabitable desert. Unless you want the majority of the game to take place in a desert then you have to skip over it, save for one or two small sections of it.
>>
>>32101134
>Gamefreak held a QA with Australian and NZ pokemon players
A half-arsed one that answered nothing of value, more specifically.
>>
>>32101755
Sounds like the perfect place for terraforming and the issues it might have.
>>
>>32101772
Nah sorry mate, countries full.
>>
>>32101772
nope full sorry
>>
File: IMG_0528.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
>>32101776
>>32101779
>terraforming
>anything to do with population issues
>>
>>32101776
>>32101779
>boot up my brand new copy of pokemon ochre
>game starts, I'm playing as someone moving to the Austra region
>in bedroom
>before I can take a single step the professor bursts through the window and bottles me
>deported to kanto
>Austra is full
>>
>>32101797
Now I want to know what shithive Asian country-based region we'd be moving from.
>>
File: 1467439482559.gif (157KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467439482559.gif
157KB, 482x800px
>>32101797
>objective is to sneak back into the country to document the never before seen pokémon
This could actually work.
>>
File: you wanna get bottled cunt.png (408KB, 814x896px) Image search: [Google]
you wanna get bottled cunt.png
408KB, 814x896px
>>32101784
>terraform desert to liveable standards
>suddenly oh hey you can now house these 100 million people right straya?
>you wouldn't want to be racist and non-progressive now right?
No thank you.
>>
File: 1489332793808.png (105KB, 295x248px) Image search: [Google]
1489332793808.png
105KB, 295x248px
they could make it a big ass game for the switch
>>
if they do any part of Australia they should do NSW coastline with a bit of north vic and/or south qld. the whole country is too big, i mean Australia is the same size as the US and the US got 2 regions based off states. you'd have to do a fuckton of downsizing to fit the whole country in 1 region
>>
>>32102001
If they do that, we could probably get a Sydney-based city AND a Mt. Druitt/Colyton/St. Marys-based shithive town.
>>
>>32102018
That wouldn't be too bad. I imagine it kinda like Po Town, but with more shops and roads rather than mostly houses and a Pokemon Center. People would probably get up in arms about the implications or whatever but who gives a shit
>>
Tldr
Do it already. Gf or some nerd in their mums basement i dont care anymore.
It has so much potential. All climates. Heaps of animals never done. Awesome fossil possibilities.
Also theres a current that runs down the west coast and essentially right around back to the equator. Heaps of tropical fish to fill out a dex with useless water mons. Could probably turn it into a legendary thing because occasionally the current changes and causes il nino. Boom s america post game. Heaps more untouched animals and cold deserts and ancient volcanic mountain ranges.
Shut up and do it.
>>
I forgot to say fuck nz
What do you want a kiwi fruit mon?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.