[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Alola the worst region?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: alolamap.jpg (162KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
alolamap.jpg
162KB, 770x562px
I think so.
>>
Hoenn was worse
>hoennshitters will defend the fact the second half is nothing but water routes full of tentacools
>>
>>32096866
>he didn't know how to use repels
>>
that's not Kalos

>>32096866
hoenn had great level design, fuck you
>>
File: I disagree_colress.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I disagree_colress.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>32096769
In terms of regional design, it falls a mite short in size, but is enjoyable enough with many great points, such as lack of grid based movement and having a system of islands that aren't connected directly. Interesting and different.
My least favorites as far as regional design goes has to be either 3 or 4. Not to say I hate them, but they felt like they had progressed very little in terms of generation to generation and 4 had blocky terrain that I didn't feel as fond of in comparison to gen 5 and gen 2. I regard them in high opinion still, but not as high as others.
>>
>>32096870
>needing repels to make your region bearable
I rest my case
>>
>>32096870
>remove the pokemon battles from the area and it's a good pokemon region!

lmao sucks to be you
>>
What regions are good?
>>
>>32097178
according to /vp/ nothing is ever good, ever
>>
>>32096769
Yes, by a long shot too. Map complexity is nearly nonexistent.

>>32096866
>second half
More like last 10%. Even if you hate the water that much, doesn't change that Route 119 and 120 are some of the best routes in the series and Shoal Cave, Meteor Falls Abandoned Ship are amazing dungeons. Safari Zone with the Emerald expansion and Mt. Pyre are also decent maps.

>>32097178
Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova.

>>32096889
>lack of grid based movement
Why does this matter when the level design is so bad?
>>
>>32097178
Sinnoh > Hoenn > BW2 Unova > Johto > Alola > Kanto > Kalos
>>
>>32097215
I stated my opinion on it.
My opinion happens to be different from yours, and lack of grid based movement shows progress in how they can design areas without being limited to the old maps they could make. The level design appeals to me more than some other regions, such as the ones I describe. Thus, I judge it to be better than some. For example, I prefer it to some of the examples in your image.
>>
>>32096769
Yes, no doubt about it
>small
>empty towns
>no dungeons
>a lot of interesting locations aren't accessible
>loading screens, elevators, teleports are eveywhere
>>
>>32097178
Sinnoh, Hoenn and BW2 Unova
>>
>>32097215
>le boulder puzzle
>a guy in a cave
>walking on walls so edgy
>>
>>32096769
that's not unova
>>
File: 1489710858184.jpg (161KB, 568x551px) Image search: [Google]
1489710858184.jpg
161KB, 568x551px
How do we fix Alola?
>>
>>32097307
all better than SM's bullshit but hey, muh Lillie is a good replacement right?
>>
>>32096769
sinnoh was a HM based piece of shit
>>
>>32097321
By building them like the Sevii Islands.
>>
>>32097329
i don't see anything praiseworthy in anything you listed in that picture
distortion world was ultra space level of wasted potential and you know it
and what the fuck is that guy in the cave even supposed to be
>>
>>32097307
>a guy in a cave
An NPC at the end of an optional dungeon who rewards you with a special and rare Pokémon if you beat him.

You understand the idea of incentive and rewards for exploration and map navigation, right? And in case you didn't know he's the Karate King from Saffron Citys dojo.
>>
>>32097321
re-elect Kukui for four more years. He's going to make Alola great again by giving it gyms n shiet. He's gonna make the Tapu's pay for it too
>>
>>32097215
Honestly don't miss the first two. I'm glad they got rid of them. Those parts just made me grunt out loud because of fucking boring they were.
Distortion World was cool though. It looked cool and was fun to explore.
>>
File: 1467428846013.jpg (10KB, 205x201px) Image search: [Google]
1467428846013.jpg
10KB, 205x201px
>>32097341
>this is the average level of intelligence of the SM apologists
At this point any further mockery of them would be redudant
>>
>>32097321
Make each island at least twice as large
Give it Hoenn-level map design with exploration and hidden areas
More and bigger cities
Optional water routes with ruins and shit between each island
Military base on one of the islands
And make the roads go to reasonable locations, there's no logic behind them and it makes you wonder how the fuck cars even get on them
>>
>>32097391
I'm not defending anything here you dumb fuck, I'm pointing out how stupid your examples are
>>
>>32096769
Well at least you didn't use the boxart this time.
>>
>>32097402
>replying to fags
That's where you fucked up.
>>
>>32097401
also make the golf area acessable. I want Kahili to help improve my strokes
>>
Sinnoh is worse for me because I'd rather have a region that's too basic than one that's so obnoxiously long and tedious that it stops being fun and has no sense of flow. Also Sinnoh has way too many very samey caves.

I actually really like the structures of a lot of the routes, and some of them are actually quite big, I just wish there was more of it and the towns weren't so mediocre compared to past games.

It's partly due to how the game is structured. When a world is interconnected, it's generally got more labyrinthine level design. In games where it's more segmented like SM or even Metroid Prime 3, level design becomes more basic because it has to be more self contained.
>>
>>32097452
would you stroke kahili
>>
>>32097481
yes
>>
>>32097495
you're a good egg
>>
>>32096769
Nah, Hoenn was.
>>
>>32097502
I hope I don't freeze the game
>>
>>32097527
don't worry the game will stay warm unless you put it in the fridge
>>
>>32097541
good looking out. Won't put the game in the fridge
>>
>>32097563
pretty smart
I wish I could be that smart
>>
>>32097582
you can if you apply yourself. Rooting for you champ! :)
>>
>>32097621
thanks anon I'll do my best
>>
>>32096866
>m-muh hoenn
Hoenn is a pleb filter, pal
>>
Am I the only person that likes Kanto?
>>
>>32097771
No, Kanto is still okay. Pokémon Mansion, Seafoam islands, Silph Co. and Cerulean Cave are top tier dungeons. Power Plant is a little lacking but passable.

It's not the best but it's certainly still better than Kalos and Alola.
>>
>>32097401
>Make each island at least twice as large
Agreed, except I feel like Akala and Ula'ula island were big enough
>Give it Hoenn-level map design with exploration and hidden areas
That's Sinnoh you're thinking of
>More and bigger cities
More, yes, but the cities were plenty big.
>Optional water routes with ruins and shit between each island
100% agreed
>Military base on one of the islands
Sure I guess
>And make the roads go to reasonable locations, there's no logic behind them and it makes you wonder how the fuck cars even get on them
Never really bothered me, but sure, why not.

I'd also add:
Bring back Gyms. You can keep the trials, but have two Gyms per island. They've already got Hau for Melemele, Nanu and Molayne for Ula'ula, and Hapu for Poni. Plus they could even throw in Ryuki and/or Guzma in the mix there too.
Expand the Battle Tree into PWT and take other steps to bring BW2 level endgame.
Give us a rival like Blue or Silver or even Hugh.
>>
>>32096769
"I DONT LIKE ALOLA BECAUSE IT WASNT EDGY ENOUGH LIKE MUH KALOS!!!!!!"

you are literally one of the reasons this board is autistic
>>
>>32097671
Hoenn nearly killed the series, pal
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.