[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we fix the Meta or some shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1600.jpg (152KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1600.jpg
152KB, 1600x1200px
basically in this thread we buff/nerf moves and abilities here. I'll start With a few

>Triple Kick is buffed to having 20 power on the first hit, 40 on the second, and 60 on the third
>Scald's power is reduced to 65
>Overgrow, Blaze, Torrent, Swarm, and any other such abilities that I may be forgetting now apply their boost when the Pokemon is at half health

Don't forget to r8 and deb8
>>
>>32095597
>Triple kick has an effective 120 base power if it hits 3 times, which on average will happen 72% of the time
>Pheromosa learns it
>Giving pheromosa a fighting STAB with potentially the same power as high jump kick and sash-breaking capabilities, without the downsides of high jump kick
>This somehow fixes or balances the meta
I'm ok with this triple kick buff as long as it becomes hitmontop's signature move again
>>
>>32095679
It'd be weaker and less accurate than HJK which Pheromosa already learns. Besides with an accuracy similar to Focus Miss we all know it wouldn't be the most reliable move to use.
>>
There's a lot of good assets introduced in SM in abilities and attacks. They should be given out to more Pokemon. I'd like Kingdra to have Dragon Hammer for example
>>
>>32095717
>I'd like Kingdra to have Dragon Hammer
Why? Is it so you can run Physical dual STAB?
>>
>>32095728
So I won't have to lock myself into Outrage
>>
>>32095597
What is the image source?
>>
>>32095597

You know Hitmontop has Technician, right?
>>
>>32095882
And you know Hitmontop is a shitmon right?
>>
>>32095903

A 180 Base Power Triple Kick from Hitmontop hits harder than a High Jump Kick from Medicham and almost as hard as Victini's V-create, while having no side effects and the ability to hit through Substitutes.
>>
>>32095973
It's also only 72% accuracy by the third hit.
>>
>>32095973
other than have focus miss levels of accuracy and the fact hitmontop still has nothing else to do

one good move does not make a pokemon good mate
>>
>>32095819
Doesn't fit thematically. What would it hammer you with? Might as well ask for Dragon Claw.
>>
>>32095997
Is this a joke? Hitmontop also has Intimidate, Fake Out, Rapid Spin, Sucker Punch, etc. The only thing he's lacking is a powerful STAB.

>one good move does not make a pokemon good
Okay let's remove Dragon Dance from Zard then.
>>
>>32096008
>Hitmontop also has Intimidate
at which point triple kick no longer gets technician boosts smartass
and Zard has plenty other things going for it other than DD

and lets go the other way: Castform has access to a 100bp water move, thunder and hurricane, why is it not a staple of all rain dance teams?
>>
>>32095597
Typings:
>Water is weak to Poison and Poison resists Water
>Ice now resists Poison and Electric
>Fairy is now weak to Ghost and is resisted by Ghost and Psychic
>Grass resists Normal and all Grass types gain +2 in defense when the Sun is up
Moves/Abilities:
>Buff Mind Reader (by either making it so that it shows your opponent's entire set or makes it so that it displays what move your opponent chooses)
>Leaf Storm, Draco Meteor, etc. now have 100% accuracy
>Toxic and Leech Seed get 100% accuracy
>Swift Swim (and the other rain abilities) negates the boost to water moves when rain is active
>Truant Pokemon only loaf around after damage to the target has been done. Missing/Flinching, hitting a sub, or them using protect will not make you loaf around the next turn. Loafing around also heals you and prevents status infliction.
>Emergency Exit switches you out at the end of the turn and heals you
Mechanics:
>Freezes now act like burns, but for Special attack (of course now with moves that freeze you more easily).
>Flinching chances decrease over time so long as you stay in.
>Genderless Pokemon can now use attract on each other
Individual Pokemon:
>The Tapus's highest stat is 120, with the extra 10 going to their lowest stat
>The genies now have to hold the mirror to be in their terrain forms and the game is hard coded to only have 1 mirror. Lando-T also gets pressure over Intimidate
>Phero is Bug/Psychic and takes 20 from its speed to put them in Def/SpD
>Mega Mawile now gets Strong Jaws instead of Huge Power
>Dugtrio goes back to having 80 Atk
>>
>>32096008
>Intimate
>while arguing about a move being boosted by Technician
What happened, were you to intelligent too remember that Pokemon can only have one ability at a time?
>>
>>32096026
Because it has abysmal stats, no utility and needs setup. Hitmontop is not in the same situation at all.
>>
File: 1467218548187.png (402KB, 578x413px) Image search: [Google]
1467218548187.png
402KB, 578x413px
>>32096008
>The only thing he's lacking is a powerful STAB.
>what is close combat
>>
>>32096030
>Emergency Exit switches you out at the end of the turn and heals you
Other shit suggestions aside, are you out of your mind? Now it becomes revenge killer bug: the meta.
>>
>>32096056
A STAB that's not strong enough with his attack stat. But as the other anon said, this buffed triple kick would be obscenely powerful.
>>
>>32096047
no matter how strong it is, hitmontop is still using fighting moves in fairy: the meta, 2 of its utility moves get blocked by ghost, which also blocks its STAB and its only way to hit ghosts gives a free switchin or setup

terrible speed tier
and without intimidate 50/95/110 simply doesn't cut it with a bad defensive type
>>
>>32096030
This whole post is just wrong. I read it all and couldn't find a single thing I could agree on, or even if there was something I could half-agree on, it is followed by an absolutely bollocks idea.
>>
>>32096113
t. Watercucks that worship fish cock.
>>
>>32095597
>we fix the meta
play vgc?
seriously, whats wrong with the meta?
>>
>>32096099
with that kind of power fairies would still get their shit wrecked even on resist. have you even used medicham?

having checks doesn't make something balanced.
>>
>>32096124
>with that kind of power fairies would still get their shit wrecked even on resist.
I'm going to need evidence
>>
>>32096121
lol
>>
>>32096120
I don't even like water types all that much.

What does that even have to do with not agreeing on, say, strong jaws mega mawile?
>>
>>32096072
How so? You're still forced out at the end of the turn.
>>
>>32096030
garbage
>>
>>32096145
It's for balancing issues. All the Pokemon I nerfed are all cancer in some way. Sorry that not everyone enjoys Ubers-lite and has a better sense of balance than you.
>>
>>32096139
adamant 252 180bp fighting move from hitmontop is a 4ko on Topfin and Toplel, 3ko on Topbul and even only a 2Ko on Topkek

all of these are faster and sucker punch does nothing against them
>>
>>32096208
Don't forget that there's only a 73% chance of it hitting all three times, and without that third hit the power is gimped massively.
>>
>>32096216
another few fun ones that can easily take a 180 bp fighting move from hitmontop

Buzzwole (13% chance at 4ko)
Lando-T (13% chance at 3ko)
Mimikyu (immune, immune to rapid spin, disguise blocks sucker punch)
Pelipper (41% chance to 3ko, actually gets outsped by hitmontop but hurricane OHKO's in return and rain is now active)
M-pinsir (5ko, it gets to fucking set up for days)
M-sableye (immune, sucker punch does nothing)
Scollipede (57% chance to 4Ko)
Toxapex (chance to 5ko)
Zapdos (61% chance to 4ko)
M-Venu (4ko)

note: offensively its worth absolutely jackshit aside from a boosted triple kick

like I said: 1 good move does not make a good pokemon, hitmontop is still slow, not strong enough to make a wallbreaker and not defensive enough to make a proper tank, a 180bp move chances not a damn thing, especially accounting for how utterly predictable he would be
>>
>>32096291
So, does this mean OP's buff of the move is reasonable? Also what do you think about the other two ideas? I mean everybody seemed to get hung up on the Triple Kick buff that they just glossed right over them.
>>
>>32096311
>trying to change the subject after getting assraped and not admitting your fault
leave anytime
>>
File: 1435885389979.jpg (15KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1435885389979.jpg
15KB, 320x310px
>>32096341
but I was agreeing with him, I just wanted to continue the dialogue.
>>
>>32096311
triple kick is a small buff to pheromosa, a pokemon that doesn't need buffs and gives hitmontop a niche, I'd say its reasonable (nothing else learns it)
scald: nobody uses it anymore, congrats you killed a move
don't think the change to overgrowth etc will have to much an effect, all the good starters are either megas or use their HA, this buff won't change that
>>
explosion is reverted to its gen 4 version
hyper beam (and all similar moves) are reverted to their gen 1 version
any other reversions you'd like to see?
>>
>>32096180
But you disn't balance shit retard, you outright butchered it.

With strong jaw and 105 attack, mawile only gets non-STAB crunch. There's literally no reason to use it ever again as a mega at least.

Trading huge power for sheer force and maybe turning that Atk stat from 105 to 135 would have been a much more sensible choice, but I bet (you) didn't think of that considering the rest of bullshit you believe would be considered "balance"
>>
Typings:
>Ice now resists Water, Grass, and Ground Type attacks.
>Poison Type attacks now deal super effective damage against Normal and Fighting Types.

Moves/Abilities:
>Defog now removes Terrains altogether.
>Arm Thrust is buffed to 25 base power.
>Draining Kiss is buffed to 70 base power, but is now reduced to 5 BP.
>Force Palm is buffed to 75 BP.
>Power Swap and Guard Swap now enables the user to switch it's Attack/Sp. Atk and Defense/Sp. Def respectively, regardless of whenever or not they've been boosted or reduced. However, their accuracy is reduced to 90%.
>Flash Fire now raises the user's Speed sharply, in addition to making it immune to Fire moves after the boost.
>Magician now swaps the user's held item with opponent's held item.
>Hyper Cutter now boosts the power of cutting-based attacks.
>Inner Focus also boosts the accuracy of moves by 10%, as long as they're 70% or lower.
>>
>>32097255
>Draining Kiss is buffed to 70 base power, but is now reduced to 5 PP
Fixed that.
>>
>>32097255
Don't gimp Force Palm Marshadow, friendo. Also, Magician should be completely remade into a Fairy-type Steelworker. Thematically, magicians should get Fairy STAB
>>
>>32097289
Another idea is to make it work like trace but instead you gain STAB on attacks that the enemy is weak to, or does that just make it shitty protean?
>>
File: 1488048428292.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1488048428292.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>>32097255
>nerfing grass

Stop trying to buff shit types by making other shitty types even worse you fucking mongo.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.