[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>M-MUH "REAL" RIVALS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1480840335584.png (160KB, 182x631px) Image search: [Google]
1480840335584.png
160KB, 182x631px
>"Go ahead and choose, <player>!"
>"<player>! What a surprise to see you here! So you're going to Pokémon League? You collected all the Badges too? That's cool!"
>"Hey! Take it easy!"
>"Let's go, pal!"
>"How's your Pokédex coming, pal?"
>"Well I better get going! I've got a lot to accomplish, pal!"
>"<player>, well good luck to you! Don't sweat it!"
>"Hey! I was looking forward to seeing you, <player>!"

Why do faggots pretend Rivals were ever assholes/edgy?
>>
>>32091650

Because Silver existed.
>>
I kind of grew to like the idea of Gary just being a pal who was probably just a bit too extroverted and eager to win. And that the anime probably encouraged the view of him being a jerk.

Silver though, now that was a rival.
>>
>>32091650
Where's the smell ya later loser? Why did you remove them?
>>
Some of it is because Blue showed up at the worst possible moment and basically demolished your team.
>>
>>32091674
He never says "loser"
>>
>>32091677
>demolished your team.
>getting your ass wrecked by AI in a little kids game
LOL
>>
actual rose tinted goggles

Blue is still a top tier rival though for actually acting like how you may expect a lifelong friend to unlike the other four with that moniker, of which only one of the four shows any sign of that being the case solely with the trust they show the MC with their own quest
>>
>>32091677
in what game did this happen
>>
>>32091650
Never got that either. Blue was always a chill dude
>>
File: championblue.png (23KB, 395x410px) Image search: [Google]
championblue.png
23KB, 395x410px
I'm sad that they never used most of his victory lines for when he beats you in RBY.

Pic related would have shown up if you lost the champion battle
>>
>>32091695
>Shit talking AI in childrens games

Hey fuck you buddy, nothing cheats more than an AI in a Yugioh game
>>
>>32091677
His movesets were shit
>>
>>32093084
ALL movesets were shit in gen1. Including the player's, because level up moves were absolutely awful, tms were 1 each except the flamethrower trio, and there was no move tutor or relearner.

1 bug move. 2 ghost moves. Sandslash and rhydon only ever learn normal moves. It's just bad anon. Gen1 might have arguably had the best writing, but not even the most rabid genwunner says it was mechanically superior, because it's demonstrably false.
>>
I felt absolutely awful crushing serena in Y. If I'm going to crush someone's hopes and dreams they should at least act deserve it.

The last 2 gens WE played as the shithead chad who got the girl and cucked the player who tried their best.
>>
>>32091650
He's arrogant. Kind of.

Like the beginning, he tells you that he'll take care of Pokedex, so you don't need to bother. I've said the same thing to my friends about Pokedex when we were competing to see who catches them all first. You can say that's a bit rude, but really, that's how friends act. Friends don't act all buddy-buddy all the time.

Honestly, I much prefer Blue to the friends who act all nicely all the time, being the nicest thing ever, sticking together and talking about sunshine and happiness. I don't mind characters like May. I think they're fun in their own way. But I much prefer Blue over them. That's not to say I want more Blues though. I'm okay with getting something new every now and then. Hau and Gladion were pretty good. While Hau was all sunshine type of character, he was at least fun at times, making a joke every now and then. That's what I liked about Blue. He didn't take everything seriously and treated most of everything like a joke, a game.
>>
>>32091650
Nostalgia makes people romanticize their memories of older games.

Gen 2's rival is the only one that truly acts like how they remember, but his whole character development is to grow out of that anyway.

>>32091674
He never once calls you loser
>>
File: 1480450748480.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1480450748480.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>32092969
EL JUSTO
JAJAJAJAJA
>>
>>32093119
>Gen1 might have arguably had the best writing
What writing?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.