[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Fossil Pokemon Rock Types?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Fossils.jpg (76KB, 564x552px) Image search: [Google]
Fossils.jpg
76KB, 564x552px
Is it because Rock is a shit type and that's why they're the only ones to go extinct?
OR
Is it because they still have some rocky bits left over from the revival?
OR
Is it because only Rock types were durable enough to leave enough genetic material to be revived?

If it's the second explanation, what do you think the original types for the fossils were?
>>
>>32089534
It's the third one. They imply that the ancient mons were all rocks initially, being that Relicanth (and some Kabuto according to the dex) are living fossils, while it's implied that the rocky Mega Aero was the original form of Aerodactyl.

So they were just rocks from the start.
>>
Kabutops: Water/Bug OR Water/Dark
Omastar: Water/Ice
Aerodactyl: Still Rock/Flying (was AMBERED not FOSSILED so nothing changed + M-Aero is supposedly what it originally looked like)
Armaldo: Bug/Water or Bug/Steel
Cradily: Grass/Water
Bastiodon: Pure Steel (how much more viable would he be like this?)
Rampardos: Still just Rock
Carracosta: Still Water/Rock
Archeops: Normal/Flying
Tyrantrum: Pure Dragon or Dragon/Dark
Aurorus: Ice/Electric
>>
>>32089534
The second is my favorite interpretation because I hope for a region that adds a mechanic to convert fossil mons to their original forms, with maybe some stat changes.
I usually think:
Kabuto - Water/Bug
Omanyte - Water
Aerodactyl - Flying/
Lileep - Grass/Water
Anorth - Bug/Water
Cranidos -
Shieldon - Steel
Tirtouga - Water
Archen - Flying
Tyrunt - Dragon
Amaura - Ice/Electric
>>
>>32089534
To be honest I think it's kinda dumb, considering that the typing could be different and they could be more competitively viable.
>>
>>32089534
It could be that upon being fossilized for so long their DNA became effected. For example in reality omanyte and kabuto may be pure water type but since the only living ones were fossils or were the offspring of the fossils they now are permanently rock type.
>>
>>32089623
>tfw time/dimensional travel in DiaPer Remakes does exactly that
>>
>>32089534
As I kid I thought it was your second explanation.
But Relicanth is rock too, and it never went extinct.
I guess rocks is just old.
>>
>>32091344
wouldn't it be DiaPea?
>>
>>32089800
That's wrong though. The dex states that small amounts of Kabuto are still living in the wild today.
>>
File: 1484966112018.png (145KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
1484966112018.png
145KB, 540x358px
Normal fossilization is when biological remains break apart at different rates and rock and sediment fill in the games, leaving behind a sort of picture of the original thing "color coded" by what it was made of. A Rock type Pokemon is made of living stone and wouldn't gradually wear away and be replaced by sediment since it's already sediment. So any Rock Pokemon fossils are the original biomatter of the Pokemon and not normal rock.

The "revival" process is just an extension of Pokemon center healing on a Pokemon that fainted long ago.
>>
>>32089534
It's implied to be the third.
>>
>>32091492
Also, Kabuto's dex entries prove that the Rock typing was not added by the revival process. Mega Aerodactyl also supports this.

One of Kabuto's entries states that there are still Kabuto living today, and that they are identical to the ones that were brought back from fossils, so they are and have always been Water/Rock. Mega Aerodactyl's info blurbs say that its Mega form was how it originally was in prehistoric times, meaning it's always been Rock/Flying.

The revival process does not change the Pokemon's typing.
>>
>>32089592
I expected Archeops to be Dragon/Flying
>>
>>32091556
Mega Aerodactyl really crushed many headcanons back in XY, well the Anime kinda did it with the episodes revolving on fossils.

Mega Aerodactyl becomes its true form by being even more rocky.

Probably the only Pokémon able to become revived are the rock types due to their rock type allowing DNA to be preserved, I once read that DNA goes to shit very fast and that's why we can't get good samples out of fossils in real life.
>>
>>32091388
No it's diaper newfag
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.