[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vp/ feel about berries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Berry_Basket.png (178KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Berry_Basket.png
178KB, 320x240px
>>
File: Linoone.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Linoone.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>32085717
Give me ALL of those berries
>>
>>32085717
Yummy for the tummy
>>
>>32085717
I eat some of them every day, considering that most of them are based on real fruit.
Asian pears are delicious, although the sitrus berry looks more like them than the Aspear (asian+pear) berry.
>>
I will never understand why TPCi translated "fruit" to "berries."
>>
>>32085717
I hate that one that cancels Taunt's effect.
>>
>>32085789
Isn't that the Mental Herb, not a berry? Or does Lum Berry kill taunt now?
>>
>>32085789
That's a mental herb, not a berry.
>>
>>32085723
Uh huh, they're all good.
>>
i ate a plum earlier
>>
>>32085822
was it good
>>
>>32085827
it was pretty good yeah, not great but pretty good

satisfied with my plum experience
>>
If you could add or change a berry (competitively speaking), what would you do?
>>
>>32085836
I haven't eaten a plum in two years.
>>
>>32085788
They didn't, they translated "ki no mi" to berries. "Ki no mi" is a broad term that refers to both berries, fruit and nuts, and there's no such equally broad term in English. And when you have to all them all by the same term, "berry" is as good as anything else.

Who told you it meant fruit, Bulbapedo?
>>
>>32085836
that's good
glad to hear it
>>
Cherries are great, peaches too, my favorite has to be either the dragonfuit or the starfruit.
Starf Berry Harvest would've been an OK gimmick if Harvest was on a fast mon.
>>
>>32085717
They look delicious
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>32085822
Congratulations!!!
>>
>>32085788
Originally they planned for them to be veggies, but they realized most American children don't know what they are so they changed them to fruits and berries because they see those on snack and soda packages.
>>
>>32086458
>planned to be veggies, but it was scrapped because American children didn't know what celery is
[citation needed]
>>
>>32085836
Good to hear. I've eaten 2 bananas today. Kinda regret it since I'd love to make a banana shake right now
>>
>>32086673
Shakes are the greatest drinks in existance.
>>32085840
Maybe a berry that's Auto-Metal Burst? It'd be very niche, maybe on an unburden user.
>>
>>32085869
Berry isn't as good because it's too specific. All berries are fruit but not all fruit are berries. And lots of these items are based on fruit that are not berries. They are all based on fruit however, no nuts.

There was literally no reason not to use fruit.
>>
>>32086692
>no nuts
>Chesto Berry is one of the most basic ones
>>
>>32086704
chesto is the english name. the jap name is based on a yam bulb. another localization fuckup, especially when they STILL call it a "berry" despite giving it a nut name for no reason
>>
>>32086692
i don't know why, but them being berries sounds a lot better to me, since it means that they're small and easy to carry around.
while if you say fruits, i think ''how this fucking little bird pokemon is carrying around this huge banana or watermelon''
though, it may be because i'm too used to that term in pokemon.
>>
>>32086787
You could say the same about Leftovers, or a Life Orb, or an Eject Button. It's just kind of silly to think that the Pokemon equivalent of tomatoes, melons, figs, and pears, are all considered "berries". Fruit makes more sense, when relating to what the berries are based on.
>>
>>32086688
I'm not really that into shakes but banana ones are fucking amazing
>>
Legit forgot they existed after Johto
>Basically I never use them
>>
>>32088401
in-game they are really just extra potions and antidotes early, then you disregard them entirely
>>
Loved them in Gen III with berrydex, all the different shaped trees, finding patches of soft soil hidden all over the region, and discovering what sorts of Pokéblocks each produced.

Then Gamefreak got rid of all of that.
>>
>>32088401
Poké Pelago in SuMo is the other way around: early unlimited access to free stuff, from antidotes to PP restoring and full heals. And they grow overnight while you sleep
>>
>YFW no carrot berry
>>
>>32088401
I just like them cause they look cool. The diversity of effects is cool too, even if I barely use them.
>>
>>32085717
Some are rather useless nowadays
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.