[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix these types.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: You_Doodle_20161207T01_01_35Z.jpg (49KB, 237x234px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_20161207T01_01_35Z.jpg
49KB, 237x234px
I can't fucking sleep. So here's what I'd do to the aforementioned types and their effectiveness toward each other.

>Bug
Resists: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
2x Effective Against: Ground, Bug

Reasoning:

>Bug
Bugs thrive in the dark so they should naturally resist it. Turing the lights off on a roach puts it at an advantage, not you.

>Ghoat
A ghost wouldn't be able to effect a bug in any meaningful way since most ghost thrive off of fear. The the same fears a bug would have would not be the same as a human being.

>Psychic
Bugs are generally simple minded and instinct based. Reading their thoughts would gain you nothing.

>Ground
Several types of bugs burrow into the ground to make their nest.

---

>Ice
Resists: Normal, Water, Ground, Grass
2x Effective Against: Water

Reasoning:

>Normal
A large enough chunk of ice would be practical impossible to break with yoyr bare hands. If that's not a good enough reason for you, then think of it as why normal is ineffective against Steel

>Water
Do I really need to explain this? As an added bonus though, scald should be super effective against Ice types.

>Ground
Ground frozen solid is usually dead and barren. Think of it as the same reason why Ice ia super effective against Ground

>Grass
Since the water is frozen, I can't see how Grass would be able to have any effect what's so ever. Maybe keep neutral. Would need testing

---

>Grass
Resists: Rock
Immune to: Fairy

Reasoning:

>Rock
The fact that grqss resists Ground but not Rock makes no damn sense.

>Fairy
IIRC Faries are supposed to be the protectors of nature. So it makes no damn sense that they would actively try to destroy it. If Being completely immune to Fairy is unacceptable, the Grass should at least resist Fairy

---

>Rock
Resists: Electric
Neutral damage from: Ground

Reasoning:

>Electric
I don't see how a regular rock can conduct electricity

>Ground
It just personally doesn't makes sense to me
>>
>>32083935
Ghoats would be definitely be super effective against grass
>>
>>32083938
Lmfao. I copy n pasted without spell checking. Fuck me right?
>>
>>32083949
Yes, fuck you.
>>
Every generation, someone will try to find a new way to fuck Grass over.
>>
>>32083965
Where in my poorly written post did I fuck over grass?
>>
>>32083974
Ice resisting it when Dragon is just as good of an option, and implying that being immune to Fairy might be unacceptable. Face it, Grass needs a buff. Big time. I mean, it has way too many types that resist it already, and not many things to be SE against. 3, by my count. To make things even worse, its a starter type, so it needs some love, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>32084002

So, in your opinion, grass being immune to fairy while not being weak to rock would be fair/okay?
>>
>>32084071
Exactly. Speaking or Rock, that type needs some major love too. What most people don't know is that prior to Generation 2, Rock was meant to be the main defensive type, but it got cucked. That's why I would prefer it got some justice, rather than just a simple resist here and a neutral buff there.
>>
Speaking *of
>>
>>32084150

Besides a few added resistance, the only thing i can think of is just better mons i general.
>>
>>32084160
Yeah, you're right. Have you heard the story of the Golem that could take a Razor Leaf and still had half HP? Me, neither. :)
>>
bug doesn't need any fixing you stupid fag.
>>
File: cyndaquil_eyes.jpg (32KB, 446x460px) Image search: [Google]
cyndaquil_eyes.jpg
32KB, 446x460px
>>32084235
>bug doesn't need any fixing you stupid fag.

... yes.... You, and only you have made this statement. BTFO.
>>
Bug/grass
Half the types don't resist them

Ice
Resistance

Rock
Good moves
>>
>>32083935
How about Ice should be 2x effective on Bug because bugs can't fucking live in the cold
>>
>>32084259

I can agree with this. But keep in mind bug isn't that affective on it's own as well. So if this Ice weakness was added, Bug would need something to compensate.

How 'bout ice resist Bug, but it isn't super effective against it?
>>
I got an idea
>Rock
100% Accuracy moves and fast attackers that can make good use of the typing.
>Ice
Fast attackers that can make good use of the typing

That's it. GF keeps doing le ebin bulky mon with Rock and/or Ice typing, when both types are really good on offense and should be used as such.
>>
>>32084366
>Ice
a-WEAVILE! *sniff* oh, bless me. I'm allergic to mere oversight. :3
>>
>>32084366

Maybe next gen, amiright?
>>
>>32084259
But there are some bugs that do live in the cold.
>>
I agree with almost all your logic except for how rock affects grass. Roots will grow around and not through a rock. And a big enough rock will most definitely topple a tree
>>
>>32084421

So... are you saying to have them neutral to each other, or super effective to each other?
>>
>>32084244
>implying bug needs any fixing
>>
>>32083935
Bug type is specifically designed to be bad. That's why they evolve so early and are available in the early game.

An NPC literally explains this to you
>>
>>32084567
That used to be Gamefreak's reasoning, but they obviously started going away from that. They're still bad, but because Bug is just a shit type in a vacuum, not because the entire type is nothing but shitmons.
>>
>>32083935
>The fact that grass resists Ground but not Rock makes no damn sense.
Rocks can destroy plants, incuding grass. If you have pure rock with no soil, there's nothing for the plants to grow on, and if you put a giant boulder on your lawn, the grass underneath will die. Actually, rock should be SE against grass

>Ground
>It just personally doesn't makes sense to me
Ground erodes rock in the same way water does.
>>
>>32084642

I'm willing to admit I'm stupid, and either never heard/payed attention to this part in class, or forgot. I understand how water erodes rock. But not how ground erodes rocks. So please explain.
>>
>>32083935

I think Poison should be good against water because pollution.
>>
>>32084998

I agree with this. I could've sworn I've mentioned this in the OP.
>>
>>32083935
Ice and rock are fine, just make it so things with these types are fast.

Bug should be super effective against fairy. Buffs it while nerfing fairy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.