[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people who dont use focus blast on shit like gengar because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: gengar.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
gengar.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>people who dont use focus blast on shit like gengar because 'muh accuracy'
>>
30% is when it starts mattering.
>>
>using focus blast
>ever
Not even worth the (OP)
>>
>>32082366
80% is the cutoff point for damaging moves (with 100+ BP); 70% for status moves
>>
>>32082389

Missing sucks, but missing a crucial KO because you used a weaker move sucks more.
>>
>>32082366
gengar can't have that luxury given its non-existent bulk.

Focus blast goes on pokemon that can afford miss some times, get hit and not die.
>>
>>32082409
>Focus blast goes on pokemon that can afford miss some times, get hit and not die.

No, Focus Blast goes on Pokemon that don't have any other options for special Fighting coverage

If you're using a Gengar without Focus Blast, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>32082417
^
this
>>32082409
>>32082389
>>32082388
>>32082402
gengar needs focus blast lest it be pursuit trapped by bisharp/ttar
>>
I don't have the points in faith required for RNG to bless me, so I don't use any move under 100%
>>
This thread has reminded me just how bad /vp/ is at competitive.
>>32082417
>>32082424
These are the only good posts ITT.
>>
>>32082417
>>32082424
samefagging this hard

whatever, we truly don't care whether you run gengar with focus blast or not. Enjoy fainting after 2 turns, if holding focus sash, and not even doing 1 hp damage because focus blast missed.
>>
>>3208244
/vp/ is literally just sub 1200 idiots telling other people whats good when they actually have no clue
>>
>>32082424
>what is will-o-wisp
>>
>>32082462

Shit on Gengar, it's not bulky enough to try to be inflicting status
>>
>>32082451
That's data looks like it's for the mega.
>>
>>32082451
>not showing its moves when used by winners

Just because 90% of retards dont use Focus Blast, doesnt mean the 10% of better players don't.
>>
>>32082462
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 168-198 (64.3 - 75.8%)
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 333-393 (127.5 - 150.5%) (when switching out)
252 Atk Life Orb burned Bisharp Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 126-149 (48.2 - 57%)
252 Atk Life Orb burned Bisharp Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 251-296 (96.1 - 113.4%) (when switching out)
>what is running focus blast on gengar
>>
>Use Focus Blast and miss
>Die

>Use a weaker, more accurate move, and hit, but fail to KO the opponent
>Die

That's why people use Focus Blast, the KOs you score with it are worth the chance of missing.
>>
>>32082469
Actually sub wisp Gengar is a ridiculously strong win con, or at least it was back on the day it had levitate, I used subdisable and subwisp Gengar a lot.

Needless to say LO taunt+stabs and focus miss is its best set, sub wisp and subdisable shit on stuff that could have won vs lo taunt.
>>
>>32082462
>>32082469
>WoW + DBond
Works for me basically every time.
>>
>>32082508
Are we talking singles or doubles? Destiny bond Gengar is kinda mediocre in Singles, it has to give up taunt or focus miss and ends up giving too much momentum.
>>
>>32082366
It really depends on the Trainer. Some prefer not to take chances when it comes to these things. Doing less damage all the time is more important to them than either OHKOing or missing altogether.
>>
>>32082530
In some scenarios failing to 2hko is losing the game.

Not landing using focus blast can end in a lose 100% of the time, whereas using focus miss results in a momentum shift and a Pokémon eliminated.

Without focus miss a lot of shit walls Gengar, and even remove it while staying healthy enough to switch once more even with SR up.
>>
>>32082476
>2%

If op, delete thread. If not, just leave
>>
>>32082560
Now go smogon for 6v6 and you will realize how much focus miss matters when removing a key Pokémon from the other team matters more than match-up preview" the experience
>>
>>32082558
Yes, but that's the thing. I know it isn't going to OHKO. I prefer to have total control over my battle. If I know it isn't going to OHKO, I can work around that. Leaving a crucial thing to RNG, something that can potentially decide whether I win or lose, is just wrong to me.
>>
File: 1489013333087.jpg (27KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
1489013333087.jpg
27KB, 470x320px
>>32082560
>only 40% of gengars had sludge bomb
>only 32% had shadow ball
What the hell are these stats?
>>
>>32082573

>he plays 6v6

what are you? 12 years old?
>>
>>32082530
it's not up to the trainer lel, you either run blast on gengar or your gengar set is shit
>>
>>32082573
>muh fanfic meta
>>
>>32082585
>he plays 3v3

what are you? fucking bad?
>>
>>32082588
not an argument
4v4 doubles is the only relevant format
>>
>>32082586
It's "shit like Gengar", not just Gengar. Personally, I don't even use Gengar, because it's not a reliable enough Pokemon.
>>
>>32082560

That isn't usage stats, it's what Gengar killed the opponent with. 83% of the time, Gengar KOd with a STAB move.
>>
>He doesn't use Fightinium Z on his Pokémon with Focus Blast
>>
>>32082606
>using fightz on anything as frail as gangar
>>
>>32082600
I know. That's why I posted usage first.
>>
>>32082577
That's autism.

Missing the focus blast 2hko means you lose the game more often than not.

Using shit like gleam or energy ball/tbolt would leave you in a state in wich you can't muscle through shit and die.

Focus miss at least lets you win.
>>
>>32082672
>Focus miss at least lets blame rng for losing.
ftfy
>>
>>32082685
It's RNG, but other move wouldn't even give you the chance of winning that match up.

Just face it man, you and your kind aren't using focus miss because of autism of the crippling kind.
>>
>>32082702
>that kid that only uses moves with high bp
>>
>>32082710
You mean the guy that gets Ttar and heatran out of the field whenever they switch in. Yes that one.

Id rather pint my fingers and laugh at yet another retard that gleams at a Ttar only to lose their Gengar and gave Ttar come in once again later in the match.

It's just autism getting on the way of an opportunity, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>32082719
do you even read your own fucking posts and realize how autistic you sound, god damn
>>
>>32082727
How? I just said that there are legitimate scenarios in wich Gengar can't punch through shit without focus blast, and also that those end up coming back and bite you in the back in the same game.

Meanwhile all I'm hearing is autism about accuracy and having control of the battle, when in reality you are just giving up a wincon for something that doesn't even work in context.
>>
>>32082672
>Focus miss at least lets you win.
Only 70% of times. That means the other 30%, it can make me lose a winning battle, depending on the situation. On the other hand, if I were to not run Focus miss, I will have total control. I have the choice to use it, and it WILL hit, so it's much easier to construct a battle plan around. I know the result it will have. It's not unpredictable.

Let me give you an analogy. Imagine that in a dark allay, some thug is about to kill you. You have two choices in this situation. Either use a fucking grenade, which has a 30% to explode in your hand and kill you. Or a knife, which is less powerful, but you have total control over it and will damage the opponent regardless of how you use it.
It's a rather extreme analogy, but that's how I see it. With knife, I'm not guaranteed a victory, but I won't be fucked by randomness. I have control over it, so I can plan how I want to go about it. If used correctly, it can get me out of the situation. Even in worst case scenario, it will at least damage the opponent.

That's why I said it depends on the Trainer. It entirely depends on the playstyle you prefer. Both of these are going to fail at times. They're not going to win everything for you. It depends on which method of failing you prefer. What benefits your team and fits your playing style more.
>>
>>32082777
Let me offer a better situation, your opponent has a Ttar and you just revealed you have lo on your Gengar.

You predict the switch and focus miss to delete Ttar.

You don't have focus miss and don't do shit.

That's the scenario, there are no it's or buts, you gave up the chance of removing a problematic Pokémon on the other side and are now forced into making predictions or lose another Pokémon.

It depends on the trainer, the actual knowledge of the metagame is what decides what shit we build, a shity trainer will go with 80-90 BP moves that don't miss and in most scenarios they are overpowered by your base 80 stabs due to the autistic notion of "control", whereas a competent one would assert its team weaknesses and might run focus miss to get rid of a prominent threat in the switch in.

Remember dude, Gengar is coveted nowadays for being the only semi reliable fast poison type as Salazle somehow managed to suck, losing Gengar in a team that uses it for those traits just because of "muh control" is just the player hurting their own chances of winning.
>>
>>32082777
Players who care so much about control wouldn't use Gengar in the first place.
>>
>>32082814
if winning really matters to you that much, just play stall
>>
>>32082820
>winning isn't important
That's the reason focus miss is shit
>>
>>32082820
The reason stall is good is simply because it sucks so hard no one prepares for it thoroughly.

The reason you choose to lose while using Gengar, a situational niche pick in 6v6, is because of personal autistic reasons.

Seriously, you care so fucking much about not missing that you intentionally lose an easy match up just because of your own crippling autism? Dude, that's harsh.
>>
>>32082840
>trying this hard to make a shitmon useful
>>
File: 85c.gif (490KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
85c.gif
490KB, 256x256px
>Needing fighting coverage
>Not just running Brick Break instead
It keeps getting worse
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.