[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When we gonna have a game with every region to explore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1488325062608.png (213KB, 3180x1308px) Image search: [Google]
1488325062608.png
213KB, 3180x1308px
When we gonna have a game with every region to explore?
>>
never ever
>>
>>32079047

Game Freak couldn't even pull off a game with two regions, a game with every region would be complete dogshit
>>
>>32080288

But they did and it was the objective GOAT.
>>
>>32080338
they were ony able to because Iwata stepped in
>>
>>32079047
Never.
>>
How on earth would they handle leveling?
>>
>>32079047
Haha I don't know
>>
>>32080541
Post game region apply lvl 50 battle tower rules for all trainer battles, but all trainers in post game region have a minimum of 4 pokemon, with good IV and fully EV trained pokemon. Exp is awarded after battles.

Its a halfbaked idea,but it sounds better on paper than what GF did with Kanto regarding trainer/wild battle levels.
>>
>>32081970
I wouldn't necessarily restrict to 50, is go the Emerald Open Level route, where their consists of Pokemon at a level equal to the highest level Pokemon in your party, or highest level you've ever owned, to prevent people from goin through postgame with level 5s
>>
>>32080541
Handle it almost anime style. Each new region you start again with the starters/ pokemon of that region. When a league/ story is finished you can transfer your non regional, levelled pokemon from the pc system.

Story wise would be awkward though, maybe it could go like this;

Kanto- hoenn-johto-back to kanto for sevii isles-sinnoh-unova-(treat b2/w2 as postgame for that region) kalos-back to hoenn for oras arc- then to alola for crippling disappointment

That's at least my dumb way of working it
>>
Make the PC region-exclusive, so that the only way to transfer your Pokémon from one region to another is to have them in your party while crossing the borders. During the story, you'd be forced to leave your party behind too and start anew, and after beating the league you can unlock the ability to go to any region you've already been too. Beat all the leagues and you unlock the Super PC that connects all of them together into one.
>>
Never, that takes way too much effort to be good
>>
>>32080541
By not treating every region as an entire region, but instead treat all of them as one, grand region. Only the main routes and cities of each region and those important to missions would be available to you during the story (which would be one hell of a long story), and the rest of every region would be post-game areas.

Maybe mix it with some sort of open-world theme, like Zelda: Breath of the Wild. You start in one region, and you're allowed to go anywhere you want in the entire world. Depending on which route you take, the story unfolds in different ways and you're required to do different tasks and missions in order to save the world.

Let's say you start in Kanto and your first thought is to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible and you travel to Hoenn as soon as you reach Vermillion City. In Hoenn, the story unfolds and you have to befriend Rayquaza to suceed. However, if you had gone to Unova instead, you'd have to befriend Zekrom or Reshiram instead.

This would of course require the story to be something that can happen anywhere and everywhere at the same time, so no matter where you are, the story still happens. I imagine something like Arceus dying and the universe slowly crumbling, and you'd have to somehow acquire the Azure Flute to reach Arceus. You could do this by either travelling to Unova and find Meloetta, travel to Johto and then Sinjoh to use the Unown, or to travel to Sinnoh and ask Cynthia and the Lake Guardians for help.
>>
>>32083167
Another example could be having the final boss of the game be an evil Legendary who is just as strong as Arceus, and in order to initiate the "Final Boss Encounter Mission", you'd have to acquire a Pokémon that is stronger than Arceus. This would require you to either go to Kanto and catch Mewtwo and then go to Kalos to get its Mega Stones, or to go to Hoenn and catch Rayquaza and unlock Dragon Ascent from any of the regional Dragon Masters, or to go to Unova and catch Kyurem and either Zekrom or Reshiram and then get the DNA Splicers and fuse them together.
>>
>>32081970
>>32082868
>>32083167
Then what the fuck is the point?

If there's going to be no levels, you might as well just complete one game, start another. It's all fucking same.

If they're going to reset teams, same applies. Just play different fucking games. Finish XY, start ORAS. You'll get a new team and a new region.

If they're not going to let you travel full region, but only give you a couple of towns of each region, then they might as well give you a single, new region. You'll travel to new towns just the same.

I don't get the fucking point.
>>
File: 1476313964883.png (388KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1476313964883.png
388KB, 2560x1600px
>>32079047
Seems kind of pointless.
>>
>>32083217
>I don't get the fucking point.
The point of my post was to allow the player to explore at their own pace and go where ever they want in the entire Pokémon world. People keep complaining that the games since BW1 have been too linear and hand-holdy, and seeing how big of a success Zelda's open world was, I thought that making an open world Pokémon game would both be a solution to the problem as well as just a grand fucking experience that people would love to have.

I see now that I completely forgot to mention how levelling would even work, despite replying to a post asking about that specific thing. Well, my take would be for the developers to "predict" where most players would go to first and sorta "pave the way" there with low-levelled opponents, while other areas farther away from the first main objectives and closer to more climatic or "secret" areas would have higher-levelled opponents.

Imagine if one of the first missions you get is to find a person who knows a lot about mythology. As we know, basically every region has such a character, and they live in specific places. The route going from where you are and directly to them would be paved with easy challenges based on how far into the game that mission is, whereas if you're bold and decide to explore the region and take a different route there, you'd end up in places with much more challenging opponents, some of which you'd be unable to beat at that point in time. Again, Zelda is a great example at this. Some areas are just impossible to beat early in the game, despite being available from the very beginning. You'd have to train and become strong before being able to conquer that area and reach whatever lies at the end.
>>
>>32083274
these games have always been linear
and zelda is a completely different case
>>
>>32083297
That doesn't mean you can't take inspiration in order to create something new. I for one would love to play a Pokémon game where the story isn't just going from place A to B to C and then you're done, like Sun and Moon was. A game where you actually have to think "How do I solve this?" instead of the game giving you the answer from the get-go.
>>
>>32083274
Didn't read anything after the first sentence, but this had NOTHING to do with Zelda. Zelda is a game about exploration. It's always been. Pokemon is a turn based RPG with leveling system. It CAN'T work in an completely open world environment. Next you're going to ask to allow more fucking exploration in Chess. Let us deploy pieces at our own pace and go off the board if need be. It doesn't work.
>>
>>32083320
that's literally every pokemon game ever, go from gym 1 to 2 and there, boom
this isn't some puzzle game or open world adventure or
>>32083320
anything, that's not how this series works
>>
>>32083297
>these games have always been linear
Which people are starting to hate more and more with every game we get.

>and zelda is a completely different case
It really isn't. Zelda has had games that have been surprisingly close to Pokémon story progression- and difficulty curve-wise. And yet they're able to pull of BotW. I'm not saying Pokémon should do that too, or that a BotW Pokémon game is even possible at all. I'm just saying that a somewhat open world styled Pokémon is possible, and could be really cool if done right.
>>
>>32083337
misquoted somehow in the middle of my post

>>32083340
if you hate it maybe you should try other games
zelda isn't a turn based rpg
>>
File: 1478440095963.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1478440095963.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>there are retards who unironically want an open world Pokemon game
>>
File: urg.png (204KB, 1392x890px) Image search: [Google]
urg.png
204KB, 1392x890px
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.