[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody please explain this to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9426.jpg (91KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9426.jpg
91KB, 633x356px
If sun and moon are the end of the Pokemon series then why are they the best selling Pokemon games since DP, and widely considered by the normies ( who happen to be the majority of the Pokemon community ) the best Pokemon gen ever. I fail to see the logic behind this claim.
>>
Granted I don't agree with the normie demographic, I'm still confused.
>>
>>32075474
becuse /vp/is full of self entitled manchildren who want the franchise to cater to them when in reality they themselves don't even know what they want out of the franchise anymore.
>>
>>32075474

It got the most marketing.

>Pokemon GO is a massive success
>Sun and Moon is hyped heavily during its success
>All the normies that only ever played R/B/Y decide they want to try a Pokemon game because GO has given them the nostalgia feelies for Pokemon again
>S/M sells like hotcakes as a result
>Everyone thinks it's the best thing ever because they're directly comparing with R/B/Y

I don't think anyone thinks S/M is the actual end of Pokemon as if GF are going to stop making them, more just that it's the 2nd/debateably 3rd Pokemon 3DS game in a row that has been massively underwhelming and felt like a rush job.
>>
>>32075518
Pokemon sun and moon reveal trailer had 10 million views. Way higher than x and y. This was may 2016. Pokemon go was July 2016. Without pokemon. It still would sold 10 million +
>>
GEN VII is GEN IV 2.0.
>>
>>32075474
>considered by the normies
There's your problem. The end of the Pokemon series as we know it and the beginning of an endless casualization and pandering to people with brains that can't store more than 151 different names at a time.
>>
>>32075474
Pokemon died after Gen V. We are now living with zombie Pokemon.
>>
>>32075553
>Pokemon sun and moon reveal trailer had 10 million views

Has. It didn't have 10 million views in 2 months.
>>
>>32075929
It did
>>
>>32075518
Those fuckers never played x and y. Plus, gamefreak turned from a game maker to a dairy farmer. Where the hell are my mega stones? Why the fuck is trading messed up so bad?
>>
>>32075474
>If sun and moon are the end of the Pokemon series

Who the fuck thinks that? Why would you give any credence to this?
>>
>>32075518
Exactly this. Every Pokémon game on the 3DS has been a rushed unfinished piece of shit because GameFreak knows they'll make money without trying.
>>
>>32075474
The end doesn't refer to the end of the series OP, it's the beginning of the end for a series that had a modicum of thought put into it.

Kind of like Zombie Simpsons that lives on with guest appearances and lame jokes Pokemon subsists on gimmicks rather than anything particularly good.
>>
>>32075829
>>32076136
>>32076179
The fact that the Pokemon board is abandoning their own series is telling of the future of the series.

"Zombie Pokemon" is a phrase that needs to catch on because it's so true it's not even funny.
>>
>>32075489
this is so true.
>>
>>32076222
>4chan is everything
hoooo boy
>>
>>32076295
I bet you think Simpsons is still good because normies like it too huh.
Face it, Pokemon is living on a name in the same way.
>>
>>32076314
How is this comparison valid again? Or how does it relate to my point?
>>
>>32076327
Not that you had a point
>>
>>32076335
My point was to point out your retardedness
>>
>>32075474
You fail to see logic in that claim because that's a stupid claim. As a matter of fact, has anyone ever unironically claimed that at all?

>>32075489
True.

>>32075806
> the beginning of an endless casualization and pandering to people with brains that can't store more than 151 different names at a time.

How is that any different from what Pokémon has always been?
>>
>>32076343
What "retardedness" exactly?
>>
>>32076373
>le series is soooo ded when 3 people shitpost about it
>>
>>32076383
You clearly don't know the difference between dead and zombie.
>>
>>32076393
Your meme words, you mean?
The fact that you get worn out, you outgrow a series so it's a zombie now?
I guess.
>>
>>32076442
>meme words
I suppose you can't really have a decent discussion with someone in denial.

>The fact that you get worn out
If only that were the case. Believe it or not some people don't get suckered in by marketing like you have.
>>
>>32076479
>If only that were the case.
But it's literally the case. You admitted it yourself, only le hardcore fans like you feel that way. You've gotten bored of it, that's all.
>>
>>32076488
>You admitted it yourself
I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted something along the way.

>You've gotten bored of it, that's all.
Which would imply I can't go back to previous entries for the same reason but that's certainly not the case.
Why is it so hard for you to accept that Pokemon has lost that passion and creativity it once had?
>>
>>32076488
You have to be joking.
You kids are so far in denial that it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>32076514
It hasn't lost it's pasion or creativity because GEN 6/7 are shit.
Mystery dungeon games are still good,for example.
>>
>>32076514
>but that's certainly not the case.
That's when nostalgia comes in, or the fact that you've liked it before so you like it now
It's the same mentality with genwunners, le new pokeyman are so bad, original 151 amirite
>Pokemon has lost that passion and creativity it once had?
Because this isn't the case for me? How do you even back this claim up?

>>32076520
Nice ''arguments'' kid
>>
>>32076488
>>32076533
So you're gonna tell me that there is no difference in quality between Gen VI/VII and Gen IV/V?
>>
>>32076581
When were we talking about that, exactly?
>>
>>32076593
That's what you're implying when you say we're just getting bored of it
>>
>>32076607
No, I'm not? How do those even relate?
>>
>>32076581
Oh no, there's a huge difference. Gen 6 and 7 are much better than the garbage that is gen 4 and 5.
>>
>>32075474
>why are they the best selling Pokemon games since DP, and widely considered by the normies ( who happen to be the majority of the Pokemon community ) the best Pokemon gen ever

Well i saw many "SM are the best games ever" early after SM was released, this is normal, it happened with XY aswell. Nowadays i see more and more people complaning about the games, een some devoted Poketubers etc
>>
>>32076613
Are you an idiot? Ok, so since "those don't relate", then we are completely valid in saying that Pokemon is shit now because it has dipped drastically in quality.
>>
>>32076650
No?
What the fuck are you even on about?
>>
>>32076633
(You)
>>
>>32076652
Are you capable of comprehending any sort of information or are you literally retarded?
>>
>>32076668
You're just saying completely random shit. We were discussing passion and creativity here,
How have these decreased?
>>
>>32076681
First of all, I'm not that anon. Secondly, it is quite clear what little passion is put into these games nowadays. Don't try to say that they still have the same passion when the main games have lowered in quality by a lot.
>>
>>32076705
But once again you give no proof or examples? I've seen nothing of the sort.
>>
>>32075474

4chan is ffull of edgy contrarians who hate anything popular to prove they have a better taste than anyone else.
>>
>>32076716
>once again
I just said I wasn't that anon
But anyway
>no more decent postgame
>casualized battle system
>entire first island is tutorial
>2 hours of "cutscenes"
>genwun pandering for both gen IV and IIV
>transition on every route/town
>handholding
>mega/regional variant to lazily keep interest in franchise
>no difficulty mode
>no battle frontier
>no more safari zone
I can go on
>>
>>32076767
Also
>constantly getting rid of features
>lazy/basic Pokemon design
>furbait
>>
>>32076767
>no more decent postgame
First games of gens rarely have postgame. ORAS had postgame though, but ''muh no frontier=bad''
>casualized battle system
How exactly? Or is it because they show now what is SE and what's not? I don't see a problem here.
>entire first island is tutorial
Not really? Just more emphasis on the story start
>2 hours of "cutscenes"
Called more story. Isn't that the creativity you desire?
>genwun pandering for both gen IV and IIV
not an argument
>transition on every route/town
also not an argument
>handholding
meme words
>mega/regional variant to lazily keep interest in franchise
what does this even mean?
>no difficulty mode
happened once before, not an argument
>no battle frontier
true
>no more safari zone
...so?

>>32076781
>constantly getting rid of features
While adding new ones. Has happened since the start.
>lazy/basic Pokemon design
Since the very beginning
>furbait
not an argument
>>
>>32076833
>not an argument
>not an argument
>not an argument
Except they are fucking arguments, dumbass. Just because you can't refute them doesn't mean they aren't arguments. But I guess you can just let that denial eat at you whilst you continue to consume whatever Gamefreak shits out because there is no use in trying to argue with such an obvious shill.
>>
>>32076886
But they aren't, you dumb fuck. Genwun pandering is a sign of lost passion how? If anything, it's the opposite.
Furbait has always existed, so it's not an argument. Difficulty mode is also not one, since that renders all the other games non-passionate and noncreative as well.
>>
>>32075474
The people here are the obsessive Pokemon players.
So, naturally, literally all they need for a game to be "good" is a bunch of post game content so they can continue to play it forever. Newer games with less post game are "shit" because of that.
>>
>>32076529
>It hasn't lost it's pasion or creativity because GEN 6/7 are shit.
We're talking about the mainline games here anon.

>>32076533
>That's when nostalgia comes in
You'd have a point if I were naive enough to be blinded by it but as it stands I can go back and look over things with a critical eye and come to terms with the faults of things or just outright admit that games I grew up with were bad.

>It's the same mentality with genwunners
Yeah no. Genwunners basically denounce anything after gen one regardless of the quality of it and future generations.

> le new pokeyman are so bad, original 151 amirite
Are you seriously implying that the issue is with the pokemon and not the gameplay?

>Because this isn't the case for me?
The key word being "for me". Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Let me give you an example Join Avenue and the Festival Plaza. Two areas that have the same concept yet the latter is inferior to the former mostly due to its reliance on RNG.
>>
>>32076908
>Genwun pandering is a sign of lost passion how?
Why create new interesting Pokemon when you can just reuse charizard and pikachu over and over again XD
>>
>>32076833
>Called more story. Isn't that the creativity you desire?
The story better be good if it's going to detract from gameplay and in this case, it wasn't.
>>
>>32076930
But they just created new pokemon. Are you retarded?
>le game company can't use their mascots!!!
yup, you are

>>32076928
So are you saying the former games were also flawed, or what's your point exactly?
>Two areas that have the same concept yet the latter is inferior to the former mostly due to its reliance on RNG
How is it even RNG reliant? I think the point is to communicate with others.
You know you can get facilities from others, right?

>>32076947
Oh, glad your opinion of the story makes for a good argument
not
>>
>>32076928
>>32076928
because GEN 6 and GEN 7 are trash doesn't mean GEN 8 is going to suck.
>>
>>32076973
>because GEN 6 and GEN 7 are trash doesn't mean GEN 8 is going to suck.
Ditch the hope anon. It's just going to hurt you in the end.
>>
>>32076959
>Oh, glad your opinion of the story makes for a good argument
Literally all of your arguments are opinions
>>
>>32076980
Well no shit, because pretty much this entire thing is surprisingly opinion based
>>
>>32076959
>You know you can get facilities from others, right?
Yeah the other people that still have to get their facilities from Sophocles.
The other people who are randomly placed into your Plaza who may or may not be at a decent level.

Are you seriously defending this?
>>
File: IMG_0221.png (104KB, 258x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.png
104KB, 258x248px
>>32076781
>furbait
>>
>>32076959
>But they just created new pokemon.
Wow, 80 is so much Pokemon. With only around three lines actually being common but I guess I can catch more caterpie, rattata, and spearow now. Just what I wanted.
>>
>>32076995
>Yeah the other people that still have to get their facilities from Sophocles.
Every facility has been obtained already, probably by first week, and multiplied because of communicating.
You can add people, you know? Go online and search for them, communicate, trade stuff? You know, the Internet?

>>32077003
>moving goalposts
Ebin.
>waah mom why don't they spoonfeed me everything
>>
>>32076993
Then quit bitching about people giving you reasons why the games suck now seeing as you're just gonna wave them all off as opinions.
>>
>>32077005
>Every facility has been obtained already, probably by first week, and multiplied because of communicating.
>You can add people, you know? Go online and search for them, communicate, trade stuff? You know, the Internet?

You do realise that still doesn't negate the random factor of it all not to mention that most players are of the casual variety that don't bother with them so it's going to be skewed towards lower leveled facilities.

Now, throw in fact that the players you encounter are random, what do you think is going to happen?
>>
>>32077013
I clearly didn't do so for the other ones, just the most obvious ones like yours
>the game is more story based now
>yeah lol the story was shit so it doesn't count xD
>>
>>32077005
>>waah mom why don't they spoonfeed me everything
You're the one who seems to love the spoonfeeding pal
>>
At least we're getting a new mystery dungeon.
>>
>>32077021
>You do realise that still doesn't negate the random factor of it
But it literally does just that?
>not to mention that most players are of the casual variety that don't bother with them
So they won't complain about it as they don't care. If you do, consider my earlier points. How is this so hard to grasp?

>>32077026
?
>>
>>32077022
Nobody plays Pokemon or Nintendo games for the story. Play the last of us if you want story.
>>
Literally no one is saying it's the end of the series except one dedicated shitposter, who is probably OP under a paper bag.

They are the worst games, though, and sold on hype and spectacle.
>>
>>32077041
This is also a nonargument. So is passion and game quality determined by brainless random battles and gyms or
>>
>>32077053
The story shouldn't detract from the game experience
>>
>>32077037
>But it literally does just that?
Okay seeing as you don't get it.

You have 10 players.
The game picks 5 at random.
3 have high leveled facilities the remaining 7 didn't bother playing to get the higher facilities.
What kind of facilities are you going to encounter more, high leveled or low?

Do you understand how this works now?
>>
>>32077070
Which is? The brainless battles?

>>32077072
>I want this facility
>go online
>LF this facility
>yeah add me
>added
>buy facility
Do you understand how this works now?
>>
>>32077079
Good lord.
This is why you don't talk to people who are in denial.
>>
>>32077095
So you couldn't even come up with anything? Sad.
You just spew mindless contrarian shit without any basis to fit in
>>
>>32077079
>Which is? The brainless battles?
Sounds to me like you don't even like Pokemon
>>
>>32077102
>contrarian
There's that word again.
Not constantly sucking Gamefreak's dick isn't contrarian.
>>
>>32077103
SM is literally crafted for people who don't actually like Pokemon but like the idea of it, it shook up the formula on a shallow surface level, so that means it's a totally different breath of fresh air and good this time
>>
>>32077103
I do, but I don't see the point in a game where you just walk and battle with no explanation to anything. It would imply a lack of interest and passion

>>32077108
Now you're just derailing.
>>
>>32077119
>SM is literally crafted for people who don't actually like Pokemon
That actually makes a lot of sense seeing how shit they are
>and good this time
Sure thing pal. Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>32077141
Sorry, I thought my tone would get across in the text. I meant to imply that those people who the game is crafted for think that it's good because it's "fresh" and "different".
>>
>>32077141
You didn't even try to understand the post before just jumping on the bandwagon and talking shit again
Just tells how you really are
>>
>Implying GEN 7 isn't just a "toy" for GEN 8 for the switch.
Give it 2 years, this gen isn't going to last too much long, i think i'll be shorter than GEN II.
>>
>>32077202
I don't know,honestly.
>>
>>32077202
That's what people said about Gen 6 and look where we are.
>>
>>32077219
GEN 7 was probably planned to be in switch, but they figured out that the game devolopment would take soo long, so they putted "Sun and Moon as GEN 7 instead", they added a few new pokemon, a rushed game in general to gain some money while they're working hard in GEN 8.
It really makes sense than GEN 7 is a rushed gen, give how few pokemon and content it has and how shity alola and the story is.
>>
>>32076645
imagining watching poketubers
>>
>>32077223
That was really a strecht,though.
It makes morre sense to GEN 7 to be a "test for GEN 8/foolder until GEN 8":
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.