[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Type changes thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Types.jpg (19KB, 260x193px) Image search: [Google]
Types.jpg
19KB, 260x193px
ITT: Post how you'd modify existing types;

>Ground to Earth
Less "because it can't fly" and more "it depends on earth to live/attack"

>Flying to Wind
Less "because it CAN fly" and more "it depends on wind to live/attack"

>Grass to Leaf
It bugs me that we have FireRed and LEAFGreen instead of GRASSGreen... (I'd actually prefert it to be "PLANT" or something)

What would you change?
What type would you create?
>>
>>32074969

your autism
>>
Add a sound type so I can get good boomburst users
>>
forgot one:

>Steel to Metal
What about the other metals?
>>
Mix Rock and Ground into one. It's basically the same shit. Ice and Water are really distinct design-wise so they get a pass.
>>
>>32074969
While not really a change, I'd find it interesting if elemental types could be mixed up to create new derivative types, like in those alchemy games where you mix fire, water, air and earth and get a crapton of things.

For example a pokemon that would normally be fire/rock would instead get those mixed into a single lava type. A pokemon that was fire/electric would be plasma type instead. Water/ground types would be mud type, and so on.

It doesn't have any real applications but I'd like to see what kinds of crazy types would appear.
>>
>>32074969
plant was a thing in generation 1, due to a mistranslation (?)
>>
>>32074969
Im ok with the types as they are, We just need to balance the effectiveness chart. Some ideas:
>ice resist ground
>bug does neutral damage to fairy
>poison SE on water
>fairy NVE on psychic
>ice types Special def rises under hail
>>
>>32075009
>original dragon would be plasma type
>>
>>32075009
I like that idea, but then I'd rather we not have the non-elemental types such as Dragon and Bug.
Maybe a Species + Type system?
>>
>>32074981
rock and ground are completely different other than both being weak to grass/water and strong against fire
>>
>>32075055
If they were both Earth-type, would they be different?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.