[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YR: 8 gen has 128 new pokemon, it's hard and it has post-game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

In a scale of 1/10 How happy you'll be?
>>
>>32073173
Same as any other Pokemon game.
Happy for the new Pokemon
Don't care about the difficulty
Postgame it depends, if it's something nice like the Black Tower (shiny gible), then that would kind of nice, but if it's just stuff like the frontier (medals) I don't care. I would hope that instead of just cutting the game in half they would just make the plaza or whatever it is next time more like join avenue.
>>
>>32073173
>>
>>32073211
Wow someone else like me on /vp/
>>
I never care about diffectly. It was difficult for me when I was kid. I don't care if man child's find the games too easy now. Kids play the games

New pokemon awesome

My issue is about linearity. If they can fix than it would be great
>>
>>32073295
oh hey
>>
>>32073173
I don't care about difficulty, it's fucking Pokémon. If it's on par with SM it's fine. Amount of Pokémon sounds excellent too, I feel like their focus on fewer but higher quality designs the past two Gens has paid off but it still feels like a little too few. Alola Forms are an awesome concept though so I hope they do more regional variants in the future, but more than the paltry 18 we got in SM. And postgame is always good, though I'm not a fan of Battle Tower variants so literally anything else is welcome. That said anyone who still expects a decent post game in the first game of a new Gen is retarded, shitty as it is.

I'd be pretty satisfied I think, 8/10 at least.
>>
The tradeoff for there being 128 new pokemon is that Game Freak reveals 116 of them before release
>>
The sad part is that GEN VIII will have 20 new pokemon AT BEST.
Actually 80 new pokemon isn't that bad, if you only introduce 5 legendaries.
>>
>>32073367
Why would you say 8 will have 20 at best when 7 had more than 6
>>
You're asking me for a rating?
Listen, anon. My fucking nuts would start quakin, buddy.
>>
>>32073393
GEN VI had 72 and GEN VII has 82.
But...what if GF gets lazy and only makes 20 new pokemn x generation?
We have NO indication that GF will make 70-80 new pokemon generations anymore.
>>
Cool for the Pokemon if I like the designs of them. Don't care about difficulty. And saying "has post-game" is really vauge because every Pokemon game has some post-game, and what recent games truly lack is quality post-game. Emerald for example is actually pretty weak in the post-game area if you break it down into what you can do, it's how robust the Frontier is mechanically that makes its postgame so fantastic.

What I really want out of Gen VIII anyways is a game world that isn't garbage.
>>
None of those matter if the story is still meh, if the game still holds your hands despite difficulty the entire game, and if the region is another linear, small, soulless and empty as shit garbagefest.
>>
>>32073442
So do you want an HD pokemon mainline game?
Not happening.
>>
>>32073173
5/10 Too many new Pokemon
>>
>>32073449
Pokemon always trash story
>>
>>32073450
It will 100%
>>
>>32073460
If you want to play witht he same pokemon, just go play XY, really it isn't that hard.
>>32073466
Nope, it won't.
>>
>>32073450
Actually, I don't. The HD jump killed at least 50% of good games, and with the Switch probably taking the 3DS out of the picture and the Vita becoming ever less prominent in its relevant markets, the 40% that took refuge on handhelds this generation and the last will be done for good. Not to mention Pokemon already took a hit with just a jump to Dreamcast/PS2/GC level graphics.
>>
>>32073424
That's a BIG what if you've got there buddy

Sounds like paranoia to me
>>
>>32073493
Why do you think i have paraonia?
This is GF.
>>
>>32073173
The only thing I care about is whether or not the new designs are good.

A large reason I hate gen 5 and 7 is because 95% of encounter-able mons are fucking hideous.
>>
>>32073173
Probably 5/10 if everything else is the same. 90% of every new dex is shitty box fodder, I don't care for a challenge in a children's game, and it depends on what kind of post-game we're actually talking about.

I'm more interested in further immersion improvements and more vibrant, living worlds to explore than the same old win farming and dex slogging.
>>
>>32073173
>128 new pokemon
The number of new Pokemon is irrelevant. Both gen 1 and gen 5 had lots of new Pokemon and a lot of them were shit and were better off not existing.

>it's hard
No Pokemon game has ever been hard and no Pokemon game will ever be hard because Game Freak is dumbing down the game for children.

>it has post-game
I hate how having a decent post-game has become a wish rather than a standard in newer Pokemon games.
>>
>Gen 8
>20 new Pokemon
>3 starters and their evolutions
>2 box legends and their third counterpart
>2 mythics
>3 minor legendaries
>a pseudo-legend line
>starters, minor legends and pseudo are all competitively viable and would be inevitably considered top OU
Well?
>>
>>32073173
my happiness would start at a 7
the main draw of a new generation for me is new pokemon
>>32073318
>My issue is about linearity. If they can fix than it would be great
THIS
>>32073337
yeah aloha formes would have been great if they had been
>more of them
>weren't all kantou
>didn't have shit designs
although i guess the latter i'm only thinking of diglett
>>32073350
GF is incompetent
>>
>>32073461
Pt and BW are pretty great storywise
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.