[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Joe such a cuckold to mystery dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170314-025224.png (401KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170314-025224.png
401KB, 1440x2560px
The games are fun
>>
File: j66EfbY.png (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
j66EfbY.png
33KB, 800x800px
>>32064525
call me a fag but I prefer PMD to the main series even. I was introduced to pokemon through Red Rescue Team, so that might be a factor.
>>
they should make a new main line pokemon game

no sun and moon don't count
>>
The only people PMD appeals to on a gameplay level are mid-tier gamers who probably think they're hot shit but aren't good enough at video games for actual dungeon crawlers

Most of the fans of it just want their escapist fantasy as a cutesy anime critter in a world of adventure or eat up anything Pokemon
>>
>>32064525
I mean I can't actually blame him for this. I love shitting on him, but I'll take his side this one time.

Personally, I LOVE MD games, but years ago, when I first tried it out, it really wasn't my thing. I enjoyed the more story based aspect with dungeons and free movement, but it still just felt like a watered down main game, one that only allows you to use 3 Pokemon and they cannot evolve. Randomly generated Dungeons were fun, but not nearly as fun to explore as I would find going to a new town or route in a main series game. Not to mention the gameplay felt really clunky, if that makes sense. I'd always end up dropping the game about an hour into it. Fuck, I finished Pokemon Ranger games before any MD games.

Overtime, I have come to get used to and like the series, but it's really not something I care about as much as main series games.
>>
Well Super Mystery Dungeon surely was better than XY, ORAS and SM. It had actual big world to explore, tons of styff to do main game and lots in post game, actual difficulty (this game shits on you constantly and laughs in your face), 720 Pokemon to recruit and play as. etc etc etc

Besides Joe saying "ssomething big people will care about" is just ridiculous. Even Pokemon GO was just a boom for few weeks. Pokken failed miserably. All the mobile games did pretty poor aswell.

If its not main game it wont be big
>>
>>32064680
>It had actual big world to explore
>five featureless towns and a bunch of featureless randomly generated dungeons
>tons of styff to do main game
>game railroads you even harder to the main story than mainline does, literally not letting you do optional content or go back to past areas when it doesn't want to
>actual difficulty
>second easiest PMD assuming you actually know how to use items only trumped by the braindead orbspam that is Gates
>>
>>32064680
>tfw the worst games in the side series are better than 3rd worst and average generation
>>
I kind of want to like the Mystery Dungeon games, but I just can't get into its gameplay.

I really want something like MD in terms of setting and story, but it's a turn-based dungeon crawler like Etrian Odyssey or old Megami Tensei.
>>
>>32064749
I like PMD, but I would much rather have a Pokemon Etrian Odyssey.
>>
>>32064749
If only there was something like Pokemon Etrian Odyssey. Pokemon has been doing collabs with other companies pretty often for the last few years. Maybe one day, we might get a good Pokemon Dungeon Crawler.
>>
>>32064525
He has said many times that he enjoys the story, presentation and especially music but finds the gameplay abhorrent.
>>
>>32064694
Nice bait

You can do optional stuff throughout the main game and the rest in the post game. No to mention you have the Pelipper island to do stuff at your own pace. Guess what: SM has either no optional stuff or its pointless (pokefinder) and has barely any post game

>>five featureless towns and a bunch of featureless randomly generated dungeons
Over 120 randomly generated dungeons full of Pokemon to fight and ites to collect. Thatss bigger than any PMD game before super and surely bigger than the latest game in the series

>second easiest PMD assuming you actually know how to use items only trumped by the braindead orbspam that is Gates
Thats just retarded. SMD is a lot more difficult than Rescue team and Explorers. I guess you either never played it or you're playing dumb.
>>
>>32064694

Still harder than XY, ORAS, and SM.
>>
>>32064525
joe is a casual shitter what's the surprise?
>>
>>32064774
>finds the gameplay abhorrent
And he's right. The gameplay is shit.
>>
>>32064785
Because he doesn't like Dungeon means he's a casual?

The guy who owns and runs one of the biggest Pokémon fansites in the world is a casual? Do you realize how retarded you sound?
>>
>>32064776
I've played all four that were released in English as they came out and replayed them since. The core dungeon crawling of Super is the best of them, but in the end it's also much easier than Rescue Team and Explorers. Wands trivalize so many encounters, and it's by far the easiest to exploit mechanically with the effects of many Looplets.

Also, randomly generated dungeons never provide satisfactory exploration, they're just a vessel for action. Which is fine, but saying any of the PMD games have good "exploration" or should be played for such things is just absurd. There's a lot of content, sure, but there's more to exploration than just sheer map size. Not that SM is any better from either viewpoint, Alola is literally the worst region map in mainline yet design wise and like XY is completely content bare.
>>
>>32064680
>randomly generated dungeons based on grid
>actual big world to explore
>>
>>32064525
Notice the :P symbol at the end of his last post, OP? That means he's being sarcastic.
>>
>>32064680
Is SMD the video game with the most playable characters?
>>
>>32065023
Still more than Alola
>>
>>32064525
>:P
>That sense of humor not even a 5 year old enjoys
Why would you care about what an autist like that thinks? Let alone make a thread about it on /vp/. Kill yourself.
>>
>>32065027
No, it doesn't. Not everything works like it does here, autismo. ":P" means you are being playfull, joyfull and PERHAPS just teasing a bit.
>>
>>32065190
That's what I meant. :P
>>
>>32064525
>The games are fun
No they aren't.
>>
>>32064575
I like and have beaten actual roguelikes and think that PMD is fun
>>
If anything the dungeon games prove that you can have all the existing Pokemon in one game without the transfer bullshit you have to go through each game

The only main game that was ever close to that was ironically (because it didnt have any significant post game) XY.
>>
File: 1484251017186.jpg (24KB, 720x724px) Image search: [Google]
1484251017186.jpg
24KB, 720x724px
PMD hasn't been good since they dropped sprites for 3D models. Just like the main series
>>
>>32065404
bullshit

Thats exactly what i call being biased. Sure Gates had its issues but its story was still on point (in fact Gates has easily the best partner Pokemon) while Super is just amazing. There's stuff that could surely beimproved but overall Super is the right direction and its A LOT better than both RT and Gates.
>>
File: drew-pickles-rugrats-3.81.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
drew-pickles-rugrats-3.81.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
>>32065427
>caring about story in a Pokemon game
Read a book Junior.
>>
>>32065451
If you dont like story in PMD games why would you even play them? Majority of PMD charm comes from the story.
>>
>>32064805
Hi, Joe.
>>
>>32064547
Honestly, PMD is better than the main series. In PMD any Pokémon not called Ditto or Unown are useful, in the main series only like 130 are worth using (not including Legendaries).

Also, thanks to PMD I have two favorite Pokémon: Shinx and Vulpux.
>>
>>32065404
Sad but true, I've been trying to power through super but with all the negative gameplay changes and the 2D-forced-to-3D it just feels...bad.
>>
>>32064575
You could say this about any pokemon game
>>
>>32064805
t. Elephant Man
>>
>>32064575
They literally play the same as the Mystery Dungeon series. Actual Dungeon Crawlers.
>>
>>32064525

PMD's kinda trash man. He ain't wrong on this one
>>
>>32065472
I played the Shiren the Wanderer games. That's pretty much PMD without the Pokemon.
>>
>>
>>32065626
Transform got buffed in Super Mystery Dungeon and Unown were given a purpose with EXP buffing.
>tfw all the Unown are 20 levels ahead of everything else
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.