[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: yellow tr.jpg (29KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
yellow tr.jpg
29KB, 500x255px
Are they canon?
>>
>>32064028
What is a canon?
>>
>>32064028
Pokemon canonically has a multiverse, so yes.
>>
Red has a Pikachu and all three starters in Gold/Silver. So yeah.
>>
>>32064028
No, they are Rocket
>>
>>32064671
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 400.png (209KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
400.png
209KB, 400x300px
>>32064671
>>
>>32064054
Pretty much this.

I have a friend who practically seethes with rage every time Ash Greninja is brought up, and I gotta constantly tell him, dude, Pokemon's been pulling shit like this since Gen 1. It's a multiverse. Let it go.
>>
>>32064028
Its funny that Red was inspiration for Ash but later on Red from Yellow/GSC and so on was based on Ash's anime adventures
>>
>>32064028
They were. They aren't anymore.

When Yellow was released, it replaced RGB in canon, as remakes do. That made them canon to the game universe, though they are completely different to their anime counterparts.
Then came FRLG, which replaced Yellow. They weren't present in the games, and the Red that appeared after that has been FRLG Red, so it's safe to assume Yellow has become officially non-canon.

So to answer the question, up to GSC, they were. Now, they aren't.
>>
>>32064724
But HGSS Red STILL has pikachu
>>
>>32064698
Your friend sounds autistic.
>>
>>32066595
And? What does that have to do with anything? That's his team. It could be anything. It has nothing to do with version.

I doubt it, but in case you're being stupid enough to argue that Red's STARTER was Pikachu, that's wrong. Red had no canon team in RGBY or FRLG. His team can consist of anything. But unlike Red, Blue does have a canon team.

Blue's team in Yellow consists of Pokemon like Cloyster, Magneton, Sandslash and Ninetails. Those are Pokemon he never uses again. In FRLG/RGB however, his team consists of Pokemon like Arcanine, Gyarados, Pidgeot and Rhydon. This is team, however, returns. This is definitive proof that Yellow is non-canon.
>>
>>32066719
if you say so
>>
>>32066719
/thread
>>
File: kekeldurr.jpg (18KB, 174x243px) Image search: [Google]
kekeldurr.jpg
18KB, 174x243px
>>32064671
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.