[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: starters.jpg (140KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
starters.jpg
140KB, 1032x774px
Since starters and version exclusives are always an important topic among fans when a new game comes out, If Gamefreak were to announce that Gen 8's starters were version exclusive would you be for or against it?

If you like the idea how would you prefer it be implemented?

1) Both versions get their own grass, fire, and water starters that are unobtainable in the opposite versions without trading.

2) Each version would have the same starter Pokemon but each game would have version exclusive forms that can't be obtained in the opposite versions without trading.

3) Version exclusive split evo after the 2nd stage.

4) Each version would have the same Pokemon with a hidden 4th Pokemon that is dependent on the version.

5) Other
>>
>>32059105

anon...this game have trades
>>
Why would anyone even want that?
>>
>>32059155
Read his post again
>>
>>32059105
I'd be keen especially because it offers variety (different types or designs)
>>
>>32059164
More choice if you don't like what's offered in one version.
>>
I think it would be difficult to pull of well and would cause some issues in the game overall.

For one thing, a lot of people pick versions for a lot of different reasons; having an additional variable may make them regret their initial choice, and might make them frustrated as a result. For example, I always pick based on which box mascot I like better. If we had two sets of starters (or the other options) I would consider the question a lot more, and it may make me unhappy if, for example, I love one starter in the version that has the mascot that I like less. It might cause problems like that.

On top of that, it can be a hassle to find someone who picked one of the less popular starters only with three mons; having 6, and having them locked to each version, means it might be very difficult to find certain starters. Imagine that the less popular version has a starter that a lot of people dislike. It will be incredibly rare and there won't be a lot of discussion about it. This might be a good thing to some people, though.

Another thing to consider is the impact it might have in development. It will take twice as long to develop them, and only half as many people will care about them. That's a big price to pay for it.

And then there's the effect it would have on franchising and marketing. How would they show up in the anime? Would there be biases toward one set? one mon from one set? If so, that would frustrate fans of the opposing version. Again, a very risky move.

...However, with all that said, I can only say two things that I believe. 1.) I believe Gamefreak would do a bad job at implementing this and only cause a schism in the fambase 2.) I would still like it, probably. That's twice as many starters, and it'd give me more incentive to get both versions. I like it.
>>
>>32059172

but it makes no sense, people will just buy 2 games or buy fav one and ask others for trade
>>
>>32059217
Most people don't buy two versions so the decision on which version you pick usually goes by exclusives (especially if you prefer nicknaming)
>>
>6 starters every gen
I'm down
>>
sure? I mean you only get to pick one anyway, and I can just trade online for the rest
More choice is always nice
>>
>>32059105
As about this OP, same starters for each game, but different dex, set, plot, and time line for each game, and real ending need both games.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.