[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 8's new battle mechanic: PokeArmor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: GPX0Giu[1].jpg (16KB, 356x396px) Image search: [Google]
GPX0Giu[1].jpg
16KB, 356x396px
>>
>>32058574
>What's a Mega Stone?
>>
File: file.png (123KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
123KB, 320x320px
I would be perfectly okay with that.

>>32058652
Burst Mode.
>>
>>32058574
>>32058689
And that would be different from mega evolution, how?
>>
>>32058574
Oh fuck no. Mega stones were enough.
>>
>>32058574
Limit it to certain pokemon (starters, the obbligatory lucario clone, pikachu and few others) just to not turn it into a mess. Type and ability change + stat redestribution (like Alola forms but reversible) Would be actually cool
>>
>>32058792
>all starters receive this mechanic, including the starters debuting in the same generation as the mechanic
How would you make it work with the existing starters?
>>
>>32058821
Well if it wasn't clear I meant just the debut starters, not all of them (although Charizard, Greninja, Blaziken Would certainly get something too, knowing GF)
>>
>>32058697
Not as powerful
>>
>we never go an episode like the audio drama CD where they swap Digimentals
>we will never see Wormmon armor evolve
>the 02 kids wont feature heavily in Tri
>we wont hear new mixes of Target and Break Up
>>
>>32058821
None of the starters receive the mechanic

Charizard receives two forms, steel/fairy and dragon/fairy
>>
>Mega Evolution <-> Burst Mode
>Alolan Forms <-> Same species variations

If OP is right, then we would only have Jogress and Human-Digimon Jogress left. And Ash-Greninja is half the latter.
>>
>pokearmor
>exclusive to charizard and lucario
>>
>>32058985
Wasn't there a manga where Pokemon fused with their trainer?
>>
What if, assuming the Pokemon has a signature move, their signature move also changed?

How example, Lucario's Aura Sphere would become a fighting type clone of Hyper Beam. Highly powerful (potentially even more so if Armor Lucario has Mega Launcher) but Lucario has to recharge for one turn afterward.
>>
>>32059129
That Would too drastic, just make it have a secondary effect or something. No need to go full nuke, I see them more as slide forms
>>
>>32059108
Re-Burst.
>>
An alternative to evolution which implies increased defenses?

Sounds like Eviolite
>>
>>32059530
Mega Evolution is Burst Mode (final-stage monster can power up for a short time into an exaggerated version of their existing form, rather than a whole new form)

Primal Reversion is the Mode Changes used by the Seven Demon Lords (already-powerful unique monster transforms into apocalyptic kaiju when conditions are right)

Deoxys and Oricorio are Slide Evolution (monster switches to a different form of equal power)

Re-Burst is Spirit Evolution from Frontier (humans using monster figurines to turn into monsters).

Kyurem's gimmick is DigiXros (infusing a monster with other monsters to grant it extra powers/weapons and some of their appearance).

Jogress is where two Digimon combine, and the result is a new being that has traits of both. Closest thing is Adacnin.

Then there's Biomerge, where a Digimon absorbs its trainer to reach its final form, and the two share control of the body. Closest thing to that is Ash-Greninja.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.