[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossgen evolutions are dea-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1385.jpg (126KB, 1003x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1385.jpg
126KB, 1003x1024px
Crossgen evolutions are dea-
>>
You make a good point. Let's see what the resident contrarian says.
>>
these are just locked forms, not new evolutions.
Still, I'd settle for something like an official patch Porygon 3 delivered this way.
>>
>>32058161
I miss Crossgen evos. Alolan Forms are fucking shit and made every mon worse/didn't improve anything except for Marowak, Muk and Ninetales.
Another benefit of Crossgen evos is that if they end up being shit they can make eviolite usable for its preevo (cough Blissey).
>>
>>32058212
>they made every mon worse as long as you ignore the ones that are better
>>
>>32058212
I cant at least see what they were trying to do with most of them, but what were they thinking with the geodude line? The typing doesn't benefit it at all.
>>
>>32058161
I was going to shit on you but you're kinda right. These are evolutions, like sylveon was.
I am not happy with the possibility that only mons with actual evolutions are getting more evolutions. It seems almost trivial.
>>
That's not a Crossgen evolution.
Notice how you can't get the normal forms of these three in SuMo. It's locked to evolve to these.

In the next games, these forms are gone. You can only get them in Gen 7 and trade up if you want to use them.

So, not crossgen evo. Just overwritten old Pokemon for a little gimmick. Crossgen evos are still dead.
>>
>>32058212
They stopped making cross-gen evos because of the outcry of people saying lines got ruined by adding abominations to the end of them. Why do you think Megas and Alolan forms were introduced? They're solutions that preserve the line and can always be barred from access in future generations if deemed despicable.
>>
>>32058243
>SuMo
opinion discarded
>>
>>32058244
>can always be barred from access in future generations if deemed despicable
I mean they could do that to anything if they really wanted to.
>>
>>32058258
Things that actually attain a place in the Dex will always be in the Dex later on. It's also why they're slowing down new mon numbers. Imagine how posters with all the Pokemon on them will look soon.
>>
>>32058256
>I am retarded
Opinion discarded
>>
>>32058212

Alolan forms aren't SUPPOSED to be "better", they're just different forms with different niches.

(except for Muk, Marowak, and Golem, where typing and abilities are the only difference)
>>
>>32058277
When you have to result to directly insulting somebody for rightfully calling you out on the use of a stupid term you've only firmly proven you have nothing of value to add to the conversation. Go back to le reddit and stay there this time.
>>
>>32058277
>random buzzwords
Post discarded.
>>
I can't wait for gen 4 to be remade and add more shit evolutions with bad designs.
>>
File: 1472976826180.jpg (226KB, 430x608px) Image search: [Google]
1472976826180.jpg
226KB, 430x608px
>>32058305
designs are subjective. I personally like pretty much all cross-gen evos introduced that gen, and would love it if there were more. But there won't be, GF loves their autistic continuity, so no new mons will be added on sinnoh remakes.
>>
>>32058317
Mmm I guess I fucked up. I didn't even think about the good ones like your pic. I'm just salty about Lickilicky, Dusknoir and shit like that. I'm just being a baby because they gave a lot of pokemon I liked evolutions but I hated how they turned out.
>>
>>32058317
They added Megas to ORAS so I don't know if I'd put it past them...
>>
>>32058343
Don't worry, that happens to everybody, I doubt anyone on /vp/ can say not a single line has let them down as it evolved toucanon should've been a separate pokemon

>>32058352
Sure, but aren't those more like forms than pokemon?
>>
>>32058161
Not necessarily wrong, but people are hoping for cross-gen evolutions that give a BST increase (or at least make the pre-evolved form better via Eviolite).
>>
>>32058317
>>32058352
I don't know about "continuity" but they do like each generation to have their "thing" I really would love region variations to continue, especially if they do pokemon other than first gen. I feel like megas may never return
>>
>>32058375
I mean it's still not rolling with continuity of the original game, even if it's just a form.
>>
>>32058386
I feel like regional variants will become a staple since it's not really game changing like megas (although I remember Masuda saying new ones could be added anytime) and they don't permanently change the status of someone's favorite Pokemon like crossgen evos.

I expect to see a lot of new Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu in the future.
>>
>>32058469
What would make me happy is regional variations returning in every new region. Gen 7 got gen 1 variations, so maybe 8 would get gen 2 and so on and so on.
>>
>>32058256
nice Red Herring Fallacy you got there.
>>
>>32058244
I missed the outcry, but it must've been great if it made them abandon the idea in just one Generation. I can understand why someone would dislike the evolution, but I personally think that evolved Pokemon is just better in looks. Even fucking Rhyperior is better than Rhydon.
>>
>>32058161
Sun stone for Exeggutor, dusk/fire stone for Marowak and level up in electric terrain for Raichu? Won't happen because muh retcon but I wish they will just become different evos.
>>
>>32058212
You might then hate Eviolite instead.
>>
>>32058517
Rhyperior is actually the fifth essential example of a cross gen evo done wrong, and probably the one people hated the most.
>>
>>32058212
>Alolan Forms are fucking shit
>Exeggutor now eats fire
>Exeggutor now breathes fire
>still HP hacking with Harvest and Figy Berries

fuck you pleb
>>
>>32058243
It's not the first time certain evolutions have been locked out of certain games. Gen 3 Eevee and only evolve into Unbreon and Espeon in Gale of Darkness, and there's no way to get area-specific evolutions in HGSS. It's possible later gens will release a work-around to get the Alola evolutions.
>>
>>32059068
>Rhyperior is actually the fifth essential example of a cross gen evo done wrong
please explain to me how, aside from subjective preferences, rhyperior is worse than rhydon.

Unless you mean battle capacities, in which case you're kinda right, but then who are the other 4? dusknoir, magmortar, electrivire and...?
>>
>>32059507
Sorry, I made a very bad grammar error right there (not native speaker here): I meant quintessential, not fifth essential.

Anyway, Rhyperior was the worst received out of all the cross evos from gen IV simply because the Rhyhorn line was already complete as it was, visually and thematically. Rhyperior added nothing new to the table, and because of that it had to take a completely different direction that truly wasn't needed by the Rhyhorn line. Even Probopass made more sense as an evolution, and that speaks volumes.

It would have worked much better as a Mega Rhydon, but it was created seven years earlier for that.
>>
The inherent issue cross-gen evos, mega evos and region forms face is that you have different artists working on these Pokemon years apart. So it's very easy to have little consistency or coherence in designs.

This isn't to say they're inherently bad or that they're all terrible, far from it. It's just that they have this barrier to acceptance, and I think GF has been trying to work with this. It's how we went from cross-gen evos to nothing to megas to Alolan forms.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.