[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lunar dance can now revive fainted allies is she now OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-488Cresselia.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-488Cresselia.png
48KB, 250x250px
>Lunar dance can now revive fainted allies
is she now OU?
>>
>>32054689
yes let's make stall an even more viable tactic
>>
>>32054689

She'd be banned from Ubers
>>
>>32054689
She is now fucking banned.
>Slowbro/cresselia team to never stop battling
>>
>>32054689
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>32054695
>>32054699
>>32054701
>>32054710
the first thing I thought was usefull utility to bring back megas and sweepers. I honestly forgot about stall. I just want her to be good
>>
File: 200px-Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png (94KB, 200x516px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png
94KB, 200x516px
>>32054715
I understand but you need to remember, some people don't play pokemon for fun. They play pokemon for hate and are creative in doing so. You can not have a great power and not expect it to be used for evil
>>
>>32054689
>Cresselia Lunar Dance
>Smeargle Lunar Dance
>Endless Battle
>Endless Fun
>>
>>32054733
make it like dark void so that only cresselia can use it like that. she's darkrai's counterpart anyways so it fits
>>
>>32054715
>her
>>
>>32054818
(You)
>>
>>32054733
>taunt
>>
>>32054715
You're right that this would be more powerful than stallshit.

A random BO team with 1 mega sweeper would appreciate Cressy a lot more than stall. You usually can make room on those types of teams since you're just relying on your mega to kill everything. Stall doesn't have that luxury.
>>
>revives fallen ally
>-6 priority
>can only be used by cresselia
>make it so you have to switch into the ally you revived and give it -1 every stat
Is it still broken?
>>
>>32054715
but she is good

I don't understand why you niggers think a pokemon needs to be an omnipresent OU staple like garchomp to be good
>>
>>32054908
>moves last and gets a free safe switch in
>>
>>32054908
All you have to do is
>revives fallen ally
>can only be used by cresselia
>their health is based on what health cresselia had when it used the move
>>
>>32054946
I thought she was NU or bottom tier RU, I'm aware UU is good
>>
Maybe if after using lunar dance the Pokemon faints. Otherwise it's banned for sure.
>>
>>32056432
And once per match
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (30KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
30KB, 400x384px
>>32056032
>120/120/130 defenses
>access to semi-reliable recovery
>NU
>>
>>32056458
>Horrible defensive typing
>Incredibly niche ability
>No reliable recovery
>Lacks good support moves
>Almost no offensive presence
>>Not NU
>>
>>32056483
>lacks good support moves
thunder wave?
trick room?
Icy wind?
>>
>>32056490
Meant in the sense of cleric duty
It's not good as a status spreader either though, T-wave is not exactly amazing, and trick room is trash most of the time, unless you build the whole team around it.
>>
>>32054908
More like this:
>Revives fallen ally back to 50% HP
>Cresselia faints
>>
>>32054715
If it follows the Revive item mechanic then megas will revert to their normal form after they are revived and won't be able to turn mega again
>>
>>32056483
>>Incredibly niche ability
Since when is Levitate niche? Immunity to Ground improves basically any pokemon.
>>Lacks good support moves
Dual Screens, Twave, Toxic, Trick Room, Icy Wind, hell even Safeguard and Mist if you want to gimmick it up
>>Horrible defensive typing
sure it has 3 weaknesses in exchange for 2 resists and an immunity, but it could be way worse.
>>
>>32056561
Levitate is alright, but something with more use for a defensive mon would've been better. Levitate is more useful on mons who need switch-in opportunities. With its bulk cresselia doesn't need one

Thing is I don't want to gimmick it up. Toxic and T-wave are in 90% of pokemon period, dual screens have many better setters, some with offensive presence ever, and icy wind/trick room are better in doubles anyways, specially trick room which needs the whole team build around it

and sure, it could be worse, but it could be better, much better. Things like sableye, chansey and ferrothorn have much better typings, allowing them to actually work as bulky mons since they either have a bunch of immunities, almost no weaknesses, many resists or a combination of the three.
>>
File: Taking the b8.png (50KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Taking the b8.png
50KB, 200x150px
>>32056483
>>
>>32056613
>everything I don't agree with is bait
>>
>>32054715
Play any doubles format. Cress is just a doubles mon.
>>
>>32056869
but I don't like doubles
>>
>>32056621
>agree with false statements
>>
>>32056881
those are all true statements unless proven otherwise, something you haven't done.
>>
>>32056884
>Cresselia
>UU
there
>>
>>32056939
it's RU though
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/cresselia/
and the point was it's shit
So not only are you wrong, but you're also incapable of grasping a concept that isn't clearly stated for you
How sad.
>>
>>32056975
RU is in beta and it's probably going to get banned along with Crawdaunt and other stuff, i appreciate your effort in keep going on with the bait but you're going to do better than that
>>
>>32057543
it isn't bait
The point is right there, she's bad at what she does. You are basing yourself on pure gut instinct by this point. At least these guys put up reasonable points and well-thought out posts >>32056490 >>32056561
>>
I think revival of a fainted teammate in any circumstance is not ok
>>
>>32057936
If it's only allowed once, and Lunar Dance cannot bring back other pokemon that know Lunar Dance, I think it'd be fine.
>>
>>32058399
there'll be that one person that'll make a assist team around it
>>
>>32057924
all your points are fucking stupid
>horrible defensive typing
besides being weak to knoff off (and even with knock off it's still hard to KO it considering how bulky it is and once the item is gone you'll be doing fuckall) Psychic isn't too bad of typing
>Incredibly niche ability
could be better but EQ immunity can come in handy sometimes
>No reliable recovery
Moonlight is not recover but it's tons more reliable than having to run Rest/Talk
>Lacks good support moves
screens, yellow magic, toxic, lunar dance, weather support
but most people use the calm mind set anyway
>Almost no offensive presence
once you start setting up it should be able to deal some good damage

Cress is not as annoying as it was before but my point is that if you think a mon like this is going to end up in NU either you're baiting or genuine retarded
>>
>>32059295
>besides being weak to knoff off psychic isn't too bad of a typing
psychic resists 2 types, which is abysmal for a wall. And you can't just dismiss the knock off weakness, that's an incredibly good and common move. It's like saying something's great if you ignore its weakness to earthquake.

>could be better but EQ immunity can come in handy sometimes
I stated before, you're right, it's handy, but it's better served on mons who need switch-ins. Cresselia should've gotten a better ability.

>Moonlight is not recover but it's tons more reliable than having to run Rest/Talk
I forgot it learnt moonlight, so I concede you're completely right

>screens, yellow magic, toxic, lunar dance, weather support
There's better screen setters, and weather supporters. A heal wish clone is bad and as I said before, saying you have access to toxic and t-wave is absolutely nothing to be proud of

>but most people use the calm mind set anyway
Which requires setup, limits your moves, and is very unrewarding given her horrible offense

>once you start setting up it should be able to deal some good damage
You can say that about any pokemon, the problem is actually getting to set up with a pokemon this slow and that requires at least two turns to begin dealing meaningful damage.

And it was obvious I was exaggerating, I meant this mon is bad by the standard set right now. It's in RU and will probably stay there, and RU is the mediocre tier. For a sub-legendary with such ridiculously min-maxed defenses, this is bad.
>>
>>32059481
>RU is the mediocre tier
with the powercreep that there's now RU is almost like the tier above and Cress was in almost every team in UU last gen, once all the broken stuff goes back to BL/OU everything will be the same
>>
>>32059589
>Cress was in almost every team in UU last gen
>39 | Cresselia | 5.65683% | 49881 | 5.882% | 37221 | 5.782% |
Is 6% every team in UU? I'm not being sarcastic, I know the percentages are much lower in there and I'm curious if it is
>>
>>32059632
well it was 50 or below the year before so the usage certaintly raised
>>
File: mustard.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mustard.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>32054818
No, no, for once, this one is actually only a her. I'd still refer to it as it, though
>>
>>32056432
It DOES work like that.
>>
Holy shit how fucking retarded do you have to be to think Cresselia is a shitmon just because she's not tip top OU? Go play whatever tier she ends up being part of you faggot. Or be creative and make a cool team with her on it for OU, I've heard she used to be quite good for Sun teams.

And last but not least Cresselia is LITERALLY the support Queen of Doubles/VGC. Go play that instead you faggot.
>>
>All these ORAS shiny hunt videos and only fucking DPP shiny hunt

REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32060372

Forgot my screenshit.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.