[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legendary or not ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9eAL0D51Kk
Ok so are they legendary or not? Furfag claims that they aren't, thoughts ?
>>
>>32049997

Of course they are. They're one of a kind and are worshiped by the local people.

They're more "legendary' than most other trios/quartets.
>>
>>32049997
*claims that they are
>>
>>32049997
Game code defines them as sublegendary, same as stuff like Articuno and Registeel. Good enough and I'm not watching the video.
We've had this debate a million times.
>>
>>32049997
They're legendary

Furfag is wrong as usual
>>
>>32050018
I'm not saying they aren't legendary but game code doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>32049997

No, Verlisify is saying that they ARE legendaries, and Bulbapedia is being stupid.

Which is true.

This is the same wiki that lists Ash's Charizard's gender as "unknown" when it's clearly a male.
>>
Solgaleo and Lunala proved that Legendaries don't have to follow any damn rule that the fanbase makes up

Tapus are legendary end of story
>>
>>32050040
Yes it does. I'd say that is actually the most definitive usage of it aside from direct statements from the devs.
>>
>>32050040
>game code doesn't mean shit
>game is code
>game doesn't mean shit

What did he mean by this
But you do realize that doesn't make sense right
>>
>>32050040
>the game's actual code, which designates their status in the dex, doesn't mean shit
what the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>32050054
>>32050063
>>32050064
Game code is just a mechanic. Story and gameplay segregation.
>>
File: this shit again.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
this shit again.gif
1MB, 200x150px
are we really going to do this again
>>
>>32050075
Game code also defines much of the elements in the game regardless of story. Even if you were to use the tired, tvtropes tier argument of S/G segregation, that doesn't mean that the game code suddenly "doesn't mean shit" and the story instantly overrides everything laid out in the actual gameplay.
>>
>>32050077
Apparently. We've gone over this with the UBs and Type: Null, so I guess the Tapus need their turn.
>>
>>32050098

Gameplay and story segregation is a valid argument (it happens in a lot of games, not just Pokemon), but it doesn't apply here.

The Tapus are treated as legendaries in-universe, and the game code says they're legendaries, so they're legendaries. There's no segregation here.
>>
>>32050154
Indeed. So many times that gameplay and story segregation is brought up yet no one ever considers that it is just one end of the gameplay and story INTEGRATION scale.

I understand that it is a valid argument but people use it to dismiss things after making a poorly thought out, sweeping statement, rather than articulating a proper response.
>>
>>32050047
Bulbapedia refuses to list any of the sublegends in SM as legendary, actually.
No UBs
No Silvally
No Tapus
>>
>ad in the first second of the video
>"I-I don't do clickbait for money!"
>>
>>32050214
>1945+72
>not using an adblocker
>>
I can't fathom why people overcomplicate what a legendary Pokemon is. It's really not hard and doesn't need subgroups.
>>
>>32050207
For the bullshit reason that they aren,t listed as legends on the site.
>>
Also why do we care what Verlis says - he's basically fake news most of the time.
>>
>>32050270

Game Freak/TPC themselves divide them into subgroups.

Sublegendaries are trios like the legendary birds/beasts, and the Tapus.

Legendaries are the high BST box mascots.

Mythicals are the event-only ones, and aren't required for Pokedex completion.
>>
File: 1488321525852.png (355KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1488321525852.png
355KB, 550x550px
>>32050293
If GF have already sorted them why is there any argument?
>>
>>32050309
because we're autistic
>>
officially they're not. they're guardian deities.
>>
File: teamsmug.png (105KB, 268x214px) Image search: [Google]
teamsmug.png
105KB, 268x214px
>>32050309
cause we're smarter and know more about Pokemon than the developers duh
>>
>>32050207
Bulba refuses to list Pokémon having specific gender in the anime because they "might be gay"
>>
>>32050439
kek
>>
>>32050293
>Game Freak/TPC themselves divide them into subgroups.

Yeah, and it's stupid and unnecessary and has only served to complicate a simple issue.

"Legendary Pokemon" is all they need to be called. People can distinguish the slight differences between Articuno and Lugia.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.