[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pokemon Cycle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1447858018374[2].png (271KB, 1004x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447858018374[2].png
271KB, 1004x600px
>Gen 3 comes out and is called the worst in the series
>Gen 4 comes out and is called the worst in the series, Gen 3 is now loved
>Gen 5 comes out and is called the worst in the series, Gen 4 is now loved
>Gen 6 comes out and is called the worst in the series, Gen 5 is now loved
>Gen 7 comes out and is called the worst in the series, Gen 6 is now loved
>>
>>32049639
>gen 6
>loved

you what m8
>>
File: wtf.png (276KB, 647x419px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
276KB, 647x419px
>>32049639
>Gen 6 is now loved
>>
>This cycle will come into effect once the WiiU-Zelda is released.

"Incorrect." - Ronald McDonald
>>
File: Costanzavoir.png (2MB, 2893x4092px) Image search: [Google]
Costanzavoir.png
2MB, 2893x4092px
>>32049639
>Gen 6 is now loved
>>
>>32049639
I wouldn't say gen 6 is now loved, but I HAVE heard good opinions on it just after SM were out, even some "gen 6 was better" comments

Is not quite there but I guess it's something
>>
>>32049639
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle on Pokemon
>>
File: Confused Dream.png (397KB, 335x955px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Dream.png
397KB, 335x955px
>>32049639
>Gen 6 is now loved
>>
>>32049920
Stop forcing the Zelda cycle on Zelda. Everyone loves the new Zelda. Apart from a few detractors people thought SM was okay, not the best but good. Gen 6 is and will always be shit.
>>
>>32049639
This is never more true than for Bethesda Games.

What else could explain people believing Oblivion and New Vegas are good?
>>
File: 1489261020480s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1489261020480s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
Its just a bunch of kids thinking its cool to be contrarian.
Also pic related >>32051832
>>
Except Wild is the only actually decent 3D Zelda other than Majora

And BW1 was by far the worst Pokemon until SM, hopefully another Gen VII game will salvage SM into something decent like BW2 did
>>
>>32049639
You can't love Gen 6 or 7 when they're both steaming piles of shit.
Gen 6 is only "better" in that it didn't cut a bunch of content that had become standard to the series, like the fucking national dex.

Anybody who thinks 7 is good is just so tired of 6 they're willing to accept anything, and this is how Nintendo/Gamefreak gets you.
>>
>>32051947
>Except Wild is the only actually decent 3D Zelda other than Majora

Wut. I am 3/4 of the way to total completion and I am not at all seeing why people see this as 10/10, it's closer to an 8/10.
>>
And then BOTW breaks everything
>>
>>32051991
>it's closer to an 8/10
Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, but I'm inclined to agree this was massively overhyped so people didn't feel bad about buying a Switch.
>>
>>32051832
Oblivion was shit, but New Vegas had the old Fallout feel and humor that was stripped from 3.
>>
>>32051991
I'd give it a 7/10, that's quite a bit ahead of Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess which are all 5/10 at best and lightyears ahead of Skyward Sword which is absolute dogshit.

Zelda is only really good when it's 2D.
>>
>>32049990
It's way too early to tell with BOTW. Skyward Sword was loved right after release too. The flaws are gonna start setting in soon enough.
>>
>>32051832
>/v/ is so contrarian that they started hating fnv when even normies didn't like fo4

Anyone else noticed this?
>>
You got it wrong, buddy.
>Gen 3 comes out and is called worst in the series, Gen 1 becomes a Sacred Cow for the rest of eternity
>Gen 4 comes out and is called the worst in the series sans HGSS, Gen 2 is now loved
>Gen 5 comes out and is called the worst in the series, Gen 3 is now loved
>Gen 6 comes out and is called the worst in the series, Gen 2 is slowly being hated and Gen 3's general consensus slowly drops due to ORAS
>Gen 7 comes out and is called the worst in the series, Gen 2 is hated, Gen 3 is disliked, Gen 4 sans HGSS is now loved with general consensus on Gen 5 rising slowly
>>
>>32049639
>Breath of the Wild is great
>no hate

>Gen 7 is out
>nobody likes Gen 6

yeah great cycle.
>>
>>32053478
All this shit stems from /v/ and /vp/ being full of low functioning autists trying to out-contrarian each other
>>
>>32049990
Sun/Moon is arguably worse than X/Y. XY has slightly better gameplay than Sun/Moon, but Sun/Moon has the better music and characters. ORAS on the other hand stomps both of those mediocre games, and no amount of "muh Battle Frontier" bitching will change that.
>>
>>32053478
>Gen 5 is slowly rising
If by rising, you mean vp's echo chamber is getting louder.
>>
>>32049990
I liked gen 6. The massive update to graphics were nice and so was the massive selection of pokemon. Some of the megas were pretty cool too, as long as you don't use the exp share the game is fun. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have any good puzzles during the main game and nothing to do post game except hunt shinies and battle maison, but the same can be said about gen 7. They have their flaws but they're both pretty decent.
>>
>>32051832
I always prefered new vegas over 3. Never played the ones before 3 either so it wasn't because of nostalgia or anything, they just gave you a lot more options and it felt less railroad than the usual bethesda game.
>>
take this from someone who has put 1000 hours into every pokemon gen and who is an autistic enough fan to own every pokemon game unopened:

Gen 2 (HGSS) > Gen 1 > Gen 5 > Gen 6 > Gen 7 > Gen 4 > Gen 3

Gen 3 is terrible and you literally only like it because of nostalgia
>>
>>32049639
wow, the most baitest bait I have seen here.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.