[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gender specific evolution lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2016-07-12-21305023.png (550KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016-07-12-21305023.png
550KB, 720x1280px
So, most people wonder why nidorn isn't just one line with gender forms, but I just had a thought... Why don't they have more gender different lines? We have gender evolutions, why not more gender specific lines?
>>
>>32046534
I thought this was a serious thread but you've shown me a screenshot of Pokemon GO.
>>
>>32046579
It is. Go is still Pokemon. Besides, it was either that or a two genders pic, and you can see how this was the better choice to avoid triggered gender trollfags like Jimmy.
>>
>>32046534
Probably because it would take up more space in the Pokedex, and so if they can fit it all into one line then they will.
>>
>>32046600
>the "GF cares about the number of Pokemon, and wants to slow down" meme
Yeah, no, cuz then explain Burmy, and Wurmple? Nincada? Eevee? There are plenty of Pokemon that, by your logic, shouldn't exist. Explain that.
>>
>>32046534
I'm not totally sure what makes Nidoran into separate lines while Meowstic are just forms.
Meowstic get different movepools, but same BST
Nidorans have different BST, but then again so do form variants like Deoxys and Wormadam and even Lycanroc
Nidorans are similar but distinct, also like Lycanroc
They also have the same name, which is always true for form variants and never true for separate lines (except for Nidoran, obviously)

Nidoran being separate lines is likely just a product of its time. Same goes for Illumise and Volbeat, as they predate forms by one generation.

As far as why we don't have more lines like them
It would take up more space in the Pokedex, and GF doesn't seem to want to fill it up too fast
GF likes form variants after introducing them properly in Gen IV, but isn't big on gender variants, aside from using them as an easy excuse for forms
Split evolutions with actually different Pokemon means they have to make different stats, movepools, typings, or something else to make each evolution distinct. They can do the same thing using form variants without padding out the Dex. A large number for the Dex looks daunting to new players, presumably.

>>32046613
All of those Pokemon you listed are over a decade old. GF hates retcons. They still won't even let nidorina or nidoqueen breed
Burmy compacted three evolutions into one by using form variants.
Eevee's entire gimmick is evolving into tons of shit, and has only had one evolution in the current half of the Pokemon franchise's lifetime.
>>
>>32046534
>most people wonder why nidorn isn't just one line with gender forms
Because Gender wasn't a thing in Gen 1, if you actually wonder this you need to remove yourself from the gene pool.
>>
>>32046613
Burmy, Wurmple, Nincada and Eevee (and their evolutions) aren't gender versions of the same Pokemon.

Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female are, and that's the point I was trying to make. There's literally no point in having them in separate lines.
>>
>>32046643
Burmy made two Pokemon out of 1. Mothim and Wormadam could have just been a male and female variant.
>>
>>32046579

>the best poke game since crystal
>crying about it

Get your life.
>>
>>32046660
This
Their names had the fucking gender sign in them. It was part of their gimmick.
>>
>>32046670
And Wormadam has three form variants with different typings, movepools, and base stats. This was unheard of in generations prior.
It has four evolutions, three of which were compacted into one.
>>
>>32046661
I just derped. Burmy and its evolutions ~are~ gender-specific, but my point remains the same. They're contained to the one line, rather than two.
>>
>>32046682
>>32046685
But you're all missing the point. This isn't about why they couldn't do it, it's why they haven't done it again. Two whole separate lines that are related by being opposite genders, it was cool, I like the idea of it. Most gender differences are small, like pikachu's tail, or combee's red forehead. Why not something more drastic, it's much cooler.
>>
>>32046697
Nidoran just happens to have a nice amount of difference between them. They're related, you can tell just by looking at them, but they aren't exactly the same. It's much more interesting than, say, Heracross, or Venasaur.
>>
File: 1466754607785.jpg (218KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1466754607785.jpg
218KB, 792x792px
It's because gender want around in gen , dumbass. As to why they didn't later combine them, it probably had to do with mechanics since there STILL wasn't gender differences between male and female.
>>
>>32046726
Refer to
>>32046697
>>32046719
>>
>>32046697
I agree with you, I actually think they way they did Nidoran was cool, but I was just trying to explain why they probably don't do it more often.
>>
>>32046697
Latias/latios?
Not checking before posting
>>
>>32046740
They haven't done it, really, since nidoran. I mean the evolution ones like Burmy and Vespiquen are cool, but having a whole line just has something special about it. It makes you actually want to catch both. Not like Unphezant at all.
>>
>>32046748
Good point, BUT, they don't evolve, so I'd hardly call them a gender different evolution line.
>>
>>32046674
Go back to your general
>>
>>32046697
Because it takes more effort. That's honestly all there is to it.
They won't do Nidoran or Volbeat/Illumise again because they have a new system that makes that style obsolete, and because doing so takes more effort that they'd rather spend on some other gimmick they'll just remove in the next generation.
>>
>>32046770
That kinda sucks.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.