[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-781Dhelmise.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-781Dhelmise.png
52KB, 250x250px
He's even more hated than Komala.
>>
File: 1477269251169.png (14KB, 257x426px) Image search: [Google]
1477269251169.png
14KB, 257x426px
>>32035291
>>
>>32035291
Only numales hate hate him.
>>
Don't hate him, but he's just aa pointless pokemon like carnivine or kricketot.
>>
File: 1485146423090.png (263KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485146423090.png
263KB, 1000x1000px
>>32035291
Never heard anybody say they hate it. Most people just think it's forgettable.
I don't care. I love it either way. Named mine Dagon.
>>
>>32035376
Actually, he's pretty good with AV. It hits really hard, and it's one of the few grass types that gets access to a rock move, which covers for 4 of it's weakness. It also has earthquake, too.

The worst it can be is RU.
>>
File: dhelmise.jpg (44KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dhelmise.jpg
44KB, 400x400px
>>32035291
My favorite alolan pokemon and one of my all time favorite pokemon. I see some hate but not too much honestly.

Hoping we get tutors next games. This guy with synthesis would be pretty solid.
>>
>>32035673
I think the most he'll get in GEN 8 is being in the regional dex,honestly.
>>
>>32035681
Is gen 8 being the next games the new big meme? The third version or the DP remakes will definitely have tutors.
>>
>>32035291
Looking at it now, it should of been Ghost/Steel, or at least it's ability should of been a pseudo Steel typing on both offensive and defense. It would be such a great counter to the Ubers-lite Pokemon that are infecting OU now.
>>
>>32035291
I haven't seen anyone say they hate either it or Komala.
Come to think of it, the only Pokemon (outside of the usual starter shitposting) that I've seen get a lot of hatred from this gen for design are Crabominable (apparently it doesn't "fit" crabrawler, which I don't get), and Toucannon (common "just a toucan" complaints).

Objectmons aren't as hated this gen for whatever reason, which I think is a good thing.
>>
>>32035749
2 generations have gone by without 3rd versions and you people still think we're gonna get one this gen. Not happening.
>>
What dimension did you come out of? Everyone I know loves the rusty anchor.
The only disliked mon is probably jaw fish
>>
>>32035637
He's shit with AV. That bulk is horrible and has no recovery.
>>
>>32035291
because he's grass type
>>
>>32036390
I dislike the stupid shitmon anchor thing.
>>
>>32035291
Owlfags.
>>
>>32035291
>Komala
Why don't people like it? It's hilarious how hard it can counter M sableye
>>
>>32035291
Wasted potential.

> Yet ANOTHER slow bulky-but-not-really Grass / Ghost type
> No recovery
> No Leech Seed
> Could have been a Steel type, but they screwed it over, and even created a unique ability to make up for it
> Anchor Shot is only 80 base power, when it has a powerful Heavy Slam AND Gyro Ball
> Way too similar to Decidueye
> Physical Ghost STAB sucks

Dhelmise isn't the only Gen 7 mon that got this treatment. Hell, you could write a fucking laundry list for 80% of the Aloladex that reads like a 'how to screw up when making mons' guide.
>>
>>32037002
The worst offenders are drampa and crabominable both get wrecked before they can even get one attack off.
>>
>>32037002
I think that guide would've been better for Gen 5.
Then again, that guide could encompass Gens 5 to 7.
>>
>>32035291
I don't really hate him.

I the fact that he's a ripoff of decidueye.

I hate the fact that he took decidueye's uniqueness, gras/ghost that has a hitting trap move.

If he had a different typing and a different signature move that has a different effect, like when you get hit by anchor shot, your speed gets lower harshly.

Now see that's more unique then trying to steal decidueye things.
>>
>>32035817
Bruxish is frequently shat on as well
>>
>>32036301
four generations went by without a new type and you people still think we're gonna get one in xy. Not happening.

do you see the problem with relying on patterns yet?
>>
>>32035291
>ability that makes it to have 3 STABs at the same time
>highest Attack stat of all non-Mega Evolved with 131 (Giratina has 120, Arceus has 120, Marshadow has 125)
>Steel-type STAB works like Decidueye's Spirit Shackle in that prevents the target to switch

But then
>slow as fuck
>bulk is a joke so is forced to have Assault Vest to have "passable" bulk
>although Steelworker is a good ability it is only ability
>>
I don't see why it couldn't have recovery.
>>
>>32035291
i've actually not seen lots of people sperging about it like Klingklang or Klefky, probably they don't even know it exists
>>
File: C1Hv086WgAAE9xo.jpg (15KB, 213x177px) Image search: [Google]
C1Hv086WgAAE9xo.jpg
15KB, 213x177px
>>32035291
Don't think anyone HATES it, but it's like >>32035376 said. It has the worst type of stats distribution in that it's not a lovable shitmon but it also can't take a hit. It's also hard to get so people don't use it in their in-game teams, and it isn't cute or edgy, so it's forgettable. I like it, but my taste in Pokemon is pretty special snowflake-y.
>>
>>32037515
I'm sure It will get sythesis as a move tutor
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.