[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DS Emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 2576549679.jpg (72KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
2576549679.jpg
72KB, 588x331px
I've just discovered that my toaster laptop can perfectly run the DS Pokemon games and it's like a whole new world opened up to me.
Using Action Replay codes I can build my perfect party of bro's right from the start.

I replay Soul Silver and Platinum a lot, but I sometimes get bored by the selection of Pokemon available during a playthrough since I've already played through the game dozens of times. But with DS emulation I can just hack in my bro's right there in Route 1.
Currently playing Platinum with Froslass and Murkrow as my starting buddies. Might add in Gallade later on. Also, ANY fire type I want, no longer am I restricted to Ponyta or Houndour.

Anyone else enjoy action replay DS emulation and building a party of your favourites right from the start?
>>
File: 1484626887183.jpg (295KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484626887183.jpg
295KB, 800x800px
Absolutely fucking not
I cannot fathom how you could find it so enjoyable to just pick and choose your team rather than having to work with what is available
You get a better appreciation for many pokemon when you try using one you haven't before and they end up being memorable for one reason or another (always missing fire blast, being a total badass etc)
Spawning in a fucking froslass route 1? Not even a snorunt? What the hell? Am I being baited?
At the very fucking least, play a ROM hack, that way you have all your "bros" available, but not fucking handed to you. I look forward to posting this in a cringe thread
>>
Additionally, you're talking as if Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are the only DS pokemon games when you could be playing Heartgold/Soulsilver, Black/White and Black/White 2 which are all fantastic in their own right.
>>
>>32033848
As I've said, I've played through all the DS games dozens of times. Getting more choice is a wonderful addition. I've already used all the route Pokes several, several times. It's a nice change of pace to start with a Froslass, maybe add in a Johto poke I really like but isn't available through normal means.
Once you've played these games so many times you realise there's only so many combinations you can use, especially now that competitive is offline.

>>32033866
I did it with Soul Silver and had a great time. Had a Sneasel by the time I hit Ecruteak, while usually you can only get them after the Elite Four.
I wanna use my favourites through the main game, not discover them late game. Is this too much to comprehend?
>>
>Using Action Replay codes on an emulator
>Not using PKHex
>>
>>32033584
Why not palpark and/or breed and trade, or trade and breed. That way you actually have to work for it, but you still get your bros. Plus it's kind of like 1 game lasts three regions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.