[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which gen to pick up for an oldfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 3DS_inRed.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
3DS_inRed.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
/r/ing personal opinion, which i hear /vp/ is good for.

I haven't played pokemon since gen 3, but i picked up a mint 3ds recently and i definitely want a pokemon game, but i'm not made of money, so which single generation should i get?

I asked around and it was hard to get an answer from anyone, but someone said gen 4 was shit and gen 5 was the best, which is all i have to go off of right now, other than that a lot of the new generations seem to have a bunch of weird new mechanics and goofy looking pokemon.
>>
Don't listen to gen 5 abortions.

Play x and y. Great pokemon variety
>>
Sun/Moon are the best since they actually started changing shit and giving the franchise a new direction.

But if you just want the same shit as before, go for HeartGold / SoulSilver, and then Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire. Nostalgia-fags like you should love it.
>>
>>32026813
IIRC the XY anime was pretty good, so maybe it was just a good run overall.

>>32026822
Maybe i'm a nostalgiafag, maybe i'm not. I haven't tried anything to find out yet, but i'm willing to take a look regardless.
>>
I think you should start with 5 before trying any of the 3ds games
>>
>>32026845
Any particular reason for that?
>>
>>32026805
i enjoyed ORAS and XY, Sun and Moon were too linear and boring. Get ORAS to reminisce gen 3, or get XY to enjoy a new (basically the same) adventure.
>>
>>32026805
went to game stop to look for a used copy of Black 2 or White 2. they had 1 copy of B2 for $40.
>>
>>32026857
XY is complete garbage and S/M has a slow and shitty story. ORAS is fine tho.
>>
>>32026883
can you elaborate on why at all?
bad mechanics? poor story/variety?
>>
well, looking through the bulbapedia articles on XY/ORAS, it's looking like XY would be more interesting for me.
>>
If you're an oldfag then play HG/SS.
>>
File: sylveon.png (756KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sylveon.png
756KB, 1280x720px
Aww, what a qt.
I gotta have it.
>>
So is that all, then?
I'm liking the look of XY over the rest of it so far.
>>
Gen 5.

Anyone who uses a buzzword to convince you otherwise is lying to you.

>>32026813
Case in point.
>>
anything after gen 5 is too easy.
I played y less than a year ago and I honestly couldn't tell you most of what happened. Its a pretty forgettable gen.
I would recommend platinum or b/w
>>
hgss is universally accepted as one of the best games
people here will tell you that gen 5 is good but its really just not
>>
>>32026805
Just play X/Y OP. The games are good.
It isn't a hard or to long of a game. If you haven't played since 3rd gen it's a good way to catchup on all the Pokémon in a comfey gen.
>>
>>32026805

You should play HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black 2/White 2 or Sun/Moon.
Those are the good games you can play on a 3DS.
>>
File: 1486536569599.jpg (827KB, 1550x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1486536569599.jpg
827KB, 1550x1050px
>>32026805
If you have money buy sun and moon. If you are poor just hack it and download sun and moon.

I'm in your same boat. I played a little of XY and didn't enjoy it. Enjoyed sun and moon for a single playthrough. Playing Diamond now before I jump to Platinum and I'm not enjoying it.

I had to buys a DS because I didn't like how the games look on the 3DS. The default blows the image up which looks blurry and ugly. There is a way to show a 1:1 which looks sharp but the screens are tiny and leave a lot of black space.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>32028465
>I'm in your same boat. I played a little of XY and didn't enjoy it. Enjoyed sun and moon for a single playthrough. Playing Diamond now before I jump to Platinum and I'm not enjoying it.
Sounds like you don't like Pokemon, bud.
>>
>>32028520
Between DP's slowness and XY's casualization sounds more like you have shit taste
>>
>>32027129
Seems like you found your answer.
>>
>>32027129
>fell for the XY meme
I'm sorry you came here for advise.
>>
>>32028655
Fuck off, contrarian shit.
>>
>>32028533
>Shit taste

Bud, you are not into Pokémon if you dislike its peak. Move on.
>>
>>32026813
>Great pokemon variety
Literally applicable to BW2
>>
>>32028673
>buzzwordposter
Further proof that XY supporters are a menace to this community
>>
>>32026805
How old??
because I was out with entire Gen 4 didn't pick anything.
Skip Black/White but Black 2/White 2 got me back in.

After SuMo it will take something special to keep me here.

So BW2 in where to jump back in.
>>
>>32028040
>anything after gen 5 is too easy.
play the entire XY game with 2 Pokemon and tell me it's to easy.

That's a challenge.
>>
Get XY if you want a game that stops you every five seconds for a cutscene, has almost five amazingly bland and ultimately pointless rivals who don't have any talents except constantly telling you how awesome you are, and lags when you turn on 3D.

Get BW and then BW2 if you want a reboot of the series with a lot of content and a half-decent plot.

Get Platinum if you don't mind a slow game and like gen IV's starters.
>>
>>32026805
Get Platinum and HGSS and brace yourself for the best generation of Pokémon games. Hou won't regret it.
>>
>>32026805
>gen 5 was best
True, it and 7'

>gen 4 is shit
No gen is shit. 6 dissapointed but isnt shit either.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.