[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we improve pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Graphics is the least way to innovate Pokemon.

What it needs is features and immersion

Things I'll add.

-Remove the Bike System
+Land Pokemons are now rideable and will have varying speed based on which pokemon it is and and your luck when you got that specific pokemon
= we can determine which pokemons are rideable based on their size, weight and limbs, we can ride both quad/bi pedal, Pokemons known to be fast runners will have faster movement speed, i.e. a Ponyta and an Arcanine will take you faster to your destination compared to a snorlax (on that note Snorlax is rideable but will have 0 movement speed, meaning it will not move, AT ALL)

-remake the whole fly and surf system
+Similar to the Fly and Surf system, We are now given sprite animations of your pokemon being ridden and your speed will be determined by which pokemon you are currently using to fly and surf, Fly will now have you traveling in air and will have you encounter sky pokemon instead of instantaneously transporting to your desired location
=fast travel fly feature is now replaced by a new train system that has you paying a few coins to INSTANTLY travel to one place to another similar to fly.

there is more, but what the game lacks is immersion, specifically how you and your pokemon interacts with the world, the feature from SS/HG/G/S where your primary pokemon would follow you was great and I kept wondering why they left that out, similarly, specific pokemon animations for both tm/hm
>>
Also an automatic battle system that you can turn off in game if you choose to.

>instead of turned based pokemons would attack each other and will randomly use 1 of the 4 moves they have

more immersion.

Gyms are closed on weekends but Gym leaders and members can be fought randomly across the whole map as if they are doing their own business, this also applies to the elite four, members will wear their gym specific uniforms and are passive (which means they would only battle with you if you talk to them), but GYM leaders/elite four will active and will battle you once they see you, these events are purely randomized and their locations are also random.

Gyms are only open in the morning until 5 pm then the leaders/members will be seen across the map
>>
>>32020203
Is this a Jojo reference?
>>
What we need is less pointless features and more GF actually doing something useful.
>>
Can we remove Mega evolutions? i never really liked that concept
>>
>>32020261
The only useful thing Game Freak can do at this point is hand the reins over to devs that actually know what they're doing.
>>
>>32020203
>and I kept wondering why they left that out,
Because it breaks immersion by dumbing down pokemon and making them act in a way that doesn't fit their nature or characteristics.
It was also useless for the player.
>>
>>32020203
You want immersion? Stop making the pokemon's numbers in the dex and the routes themselves so linear, and stop doing the "10 year old prodigy has to save the world asap" trope so you're more inclined to explore. It's been a steady decline since gen 3. For example Pikipek is dex #10, right after the starters. Surprise surprise #13 is Yungoos. Compare this to gen 1 where Pidgey was #16 and Top Percentage was #19. The first 2 pokemon you could catch already had 6 pokemon before them and you had no clue where they were. Say you went west towards Victory Road instead of north to Viridian Forest. You'd find #29 and #32 not ten minutes into the game, and if you bought the Magikarp at Mt Moon well over half the game you'd be filling out everything up to #129. You could do pretty much everything after Brock in any order, and gen 2 had the infamous Ecruteak split that made the game a grinding hell but it encouraged exploration.

When the story became impossible to relate to the immersion factor left. Gen 1 and 2 were about starting on an adventure to be the best trainer, helping a professor friend by filling the pokedex, exploring the paths, and eventually becoming the Champion. Along the way you discover Team Rocket stealing pokemon and kidnapping people and happen to be at the right place at the right time to break up a crime operation. This isn't that relatable in itself, but it can be applied to life like stopping the bully at school or something. Gen 3+ start off similar except for the hurr durr frannz clusterfuck that was gen 6 but the story devolves into cataclysmic ancient aliens shit every time. Gen 7 tried to merge the two styles with the island challenge/ultra beast thing but it failed. Why do the island challenge to begin with since there's not even an E4 until you're almost done with it? The only reward is you gave time for the yet again single mom to plow the Professor until the feast
>>
>>32020203
Is this pasta? Because they pretty much just did that
>>
File: clefable moon.jpg (16KB, 236x301px) Image search: [Google]
clefable moon.jpg
16KB, 236x301px
As much as I like the child-like wonder of the Pokémon universe, I feel like there needs to be a push to appeal it to an older audience. Not because I want grimdark or grittier themes, I love the adventure vibe, but Pokémon is a prime example of a franchise that thinks it never has to stand on it's own merits, or improve for the long term in any substantial way for any reason other than it can appeal to children. As if apparently this is actually an excuse you can use; if kids play your game, you never have to improve it.

Stop taking interesting features out each and every time you want to cash in on another generation, it's been 20 years. Where is the decisive title which culminates all of these 20 years of experience into one game? It's fine if you want to try new things, but god damn it leave those for spinoff titles or something. Is it so much to ask that we just get a well polished, well tested game that won't fall to shambles after 2 months like the pieces of consumerist garbage most mainline games are?
>>
>>32020203
> How do we improve pokemon?
give the series to competent people
>>
>>32020294
i dislike z moves more than mega evolution
>>
>>32020203
1.) Stop releasing a new generation every year or so.
We are rapidly approaching over 1000 pokemon. That's fucking ridiculous.
Stop creating new and shallow generations, and start building more on the generations that have already been established.
So... more lore building I guess.

2.) Give all pokemon a tag or something for each HM they can use. Meaning HM's would become natural abilities of certain pokemon without having to have another key item or sacrificing a move slot.
>>
>>32020203
Just make Gamefreak drop their "Make games in a new gen have fewer features" rule.

Jesus christ. If XY and SM kept the features of the last set of games in their previous gens, the bar would be raised immensely.

Though, to be fair, that was less of an issue with XY. They did keep a few features from Gen 5 and made them standard for Gen 6.
>>
>>32022940
1000 Pokémon sounds awesome, bring it on. More lore building sounds great too.
>>
-Visible Pokemon encounters. They can pop-in/disappear if it works for gameplay reasons. Also just because we can SEE Pokemon doesn't mean Repel can no longer be a thing, if anything this just means being able to stalk a rare Pokemon should be LESS of a time sink than leaving it to chance. However you can't tell if it's a Shiny until you battle it.

-Some Pokemon are fucked by the Type Chart. Make it so they're not so screwed. Nerf damage, buff defending damage. Fairy immunity to Dragon can stay but at least make it so certain type combinations don't have their balls in a blender. If the Special/Physical split for moves can make more Pokemon useful, than SURELY tweaking damage parameters in the sacred cow that is the type chart wouldn't be pissing on Iwata's ashes.

-Psychic types need a better hook, like how Dark is immune to Prankster or Shadow Tag doesn't affect Ghosts. They haven't been very engaging since Gen 1 and that was because of oversight.

-You took away Steel's defenses. Now add some defenses to Ice. I recommend Grass and Flying being NVE. MAYBE Ground for balance.

-Although logically it doesn't make sense, make Rock resist itself.

-Social Link system with certain trainers. More or less what HGSS did in that you can trade with Gym Leaders.

-Add gimmicks to Pokemon that aren't necessary but nice bonuses if they're on your team actively. Basically you'd have the option to do Ride Pokemon or you can use a Pokemon from your team to push a boulder or cut an offending tree, this can be level dependent without being a move. No HMs required, that shit was retarded.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.