[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fangame Cliches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 16-12.png (17KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
16-12.png
17KB, 256x192px
>needless edge saturation
>>
File: GuzzuG.png (71KB, 229x400px) Image search: [Google]
GuzzuG.png
71KB, 229x400px
A little bit of edge is okay if it's executed properly at the right place and time. Too much and it's absolutely unbearable.

Po Town made me think of Reborn City when I went through it
>>
File: 1477531001029.png (302KB, 547x361px) Image search: [Google]
1477531001029.png
302KB, 547x361px
Is this the biggest red flag in fangames?
>>
>>32018297
Po Town had a great execution. It wasn't even necessarily as grimy and edgy as OP's. It mostly felt like some angry teen hangout.
>>
>>32018258
>They add in a bunch of Pokémon
>The main legendaries are just unimportant animals or even random blobs with a large BST

>Is a comedy based ROM hack
>At least 1 character is naked

>Self-inserts in the game
>Has a coat all the time

>Makes up enemy team
>Team name is a reference to religious things or about materials
>>
It never gets finished.
>>
>>32018309
Honestly, yes.

Another huge red flag is multiple pokemon teams
>>
>>32018258
>any anime only characters
>OC sue dev team inserts with unavoidable battles and conversations throughout the game
>Out of place swearing
>Shit overworld custom trainer sprites
>Shit custom trainer back sprites
>Meme/dated references
>Custom broken moves
>Says they changed stats and some abilities to some pokemon to balance the game, plays favorites and breaks game balance even more.
>Pokemon locations that make no sense
>start game with lucky egg/amulet coin cheat items when they could have just made the game differently
>>
What are some good things in fangames?
>>
>>32018510
>Hidden items
>Actual exploration (Very, very rare)
>Full fake Pokemon dex (Not just replacing Pokemon they assume nobody will like and keeping their favorites)
>Day/night based events
>Egg/pokemon sellers
>Wonder trading
>An actual postgame
>Explorable islands/extra areas
>Non-edgy stories or charming, intentionally bad ones (like snakewood)
>Custom music that doesn't use the banjo or clap instrument
>Mr. Dollsteak's PSS patch
>>
>>32018533
How would wondertrading work in a ROM hack/fan game?
>>
>>32018568
Red+ and clover have it, basically a random trade with an NPC, sometimes with rare mons.
>>
>>32018568
you can either just just make it a random pokemon generator or if you're really skilled you can make actual online servers. Pokemon Uranium has real online trading last I checked.
>>
>>32018533
What is this PSS patch you speak of?
>>
>>32018604
Physical special split, also decapitalizes everything and adds all moves up to gen 6, plus fairy type.
>>
>>32018621
Not him, but for a moment there I almost thought someone did something crazy, like coming up with an addon for the GBA emulator that acted like the PSS from the games.
>>
>>32018631
Holy god, that'd be a miracle of coding greater than anything ever accomplished in romhacking

I wish man, online ROMhacks would be dope.
>>
>>32018631
yeah, that's what i thought too
>>32018621
thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>32018568
Pregenerated List of pokemon to trade from.
>>
>>32018641
Uranium has online if I recall.
>>
>you can romance other characters
Has this ever been done right?
>>
>>32018510
>Some way to evolve Trade Evolutions without trading
>VS seeker and other easy ways to grind money/exp
>Items that replace TMs
>Difficulty in the game is in between a cake walk and being forced to breed for competitive Pokemon
>Not every cutscene ends with you battling some strong ass team, allowing you to save and heal and shit. And when the cutscene does end with you battling with some admin, it's in a room or spot that makes it look like some important stuff will go down.
>Create new items/abilities that mirror the actual items/abilities in game (like a Physical Assault Vest or Defensive Mold Breaker. Something along those lines)
>Doing the few things done right in Pokemon Reborn and not doing the many things done wrong in Pokemon Reborn
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.