[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: poisonjpg.jpg (9KB, 452x173px) Image search: [Google]
poisonjpg.jpg
9KB, 452x173px
Is this a good type?
>>
>>32017524

>offensively

top tier

>defensively

no

>aesthetically

no
>>
Most Pokémon can learn toxic, so no
>>
>>32017532
I'm a retard who doesn't know much about competitive battling, but shouldn't this be the other way around?
>>
Fairy killers
>>
Look at the weaknesses
>Psychic a shit
>Ground is still valid
Use a poison type with Bulu for grassy surge and you have a good wall
>>
>>32017549

>kills fairies and grass types

poison is good as an attack, sludge wave is one of the best attacks in the game

it's shit defensively because it's weak to the most common offensive type (ground), psychic and offers no useful resistances
>>
>>32017561
>fairy, fighting and bug aren't useful resistences
>>
>>32017524
It has never been more relevant
>>
File: you mk 2.png (153KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
you mk 2.png
153KB, 290x290px
>>32017576
>Fighting good in Tapu Meta
>Bug ever good
>>
>>32017576

>anything using bug offensively, except for scizor (which is immune to poison)
>most fairy types carry a psychic attack (or anything with fairy coverage being psychic STAB anyway)
>most fighting types have ground coverage

the only example of a good defensive poison type is toxapex and that's by virtue of its incredible abilit/movepool and stats. venusaur is a little better this generation too but that's about it.
>>
>>32017576
not really, most solid teams have a good steel type to counter fairies and fighting and bug are worse than ever
>>
>>32017576

>implying they are
>bug
>used
>ever

topu kek
>>
In gen1, it used to be the second worst type in the game, just ahead of Bug. Sludge was the most powerful Poison attack with 65 power and only 2 Pokemon learned it. Being weak to Ground and Psychic didn't help, and their best status move was glitched and didn't even work when your opponent switched.

Nowadays, Poison isn't actually all that bad. With the introduction of the Fairy type and heavy use of stall tactics with a Toxic attack that actually works, it gets the job done.

I think it was better last gen, though. Psychic types seem to be seeing an increase in use thanks to Tapi Lele.
>>
>>32017532
>aesthetically
>no
Wrong, poison has the second best designs behind ghost.
>>
yeah
>>
>>32017679
Stall doesn't really use Toxic
>>
>>32017599
>>32017600
>>32017613
>what is pheromosa

oh that's right, you don't play but like to pretend you do.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.