[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 56

File: 1488608102233.png (2MB, 1000x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1488608102233.png
2MB, 1000x1053px
/vpwt/: Storytime Edition

>Post your finds and ideas for prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ]

Previous: >>31909096

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

Authors and/or anons looking for things to write can look through the ideabin here for something good.
Feel free to request ideas be put here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

FAQ:
>Posting fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW fics?
Links are permitted. Do label as such.

>Add my fic to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalogue

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to put on a trip while posting or discussing their content, as it makes discussing their works easier.

Topic Of The Thread: Villains. What makes a well-written villain and a poorly-written one? How do you turn a hero into a villain or a villain into a hero? How do you build up a villain as a convincing threat?
>>
>>32017115
Also, here's a Fic Recap

>New

Anon writes a (very) little something regarding Wicke based on a dream
http://pastebin.com/CcKc2bNW

Anon posts an NSFW roleplay
http://pastebin.com/S6FTTZaz

snarks posts a story for the first time, about a new trainer trying to convince his mom to let him go adventuring
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12386637/1/Turn-Me-Loose

cge0361 writes about picking starters
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12392183/1/Drawn-Straws
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10092212

>Updates

Anon posts Lillie x Sun, which I believe has been updated since the last time it was posted in the writethread
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12315665/8/Alolan-Love

ManifestDestiny updates "The Dark Type" with chapter 8
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/22445372

traipsingexodus updates "Au Coup Par Coup"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7262536/chapters/22507097
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12009986/7/Au-Coup-Par-Coup

Also, I should mention there were some pastebin links by an anon (or multiple anons, it's always so hard to tell) all leading to removed pages. For that reason, I didn't include them here.

Let me know if I made any mistakes or missed anything.
>>
File: 2017-03-06_10-54-20.png (79KB, 299x258px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-06_10-54-20.png
79KB, 299x258px
Here we go!
https://archiveofourown.org/works/8071213/chapters/22619081
>>
>TOTT

Depends on if you mean VILLAIN or ANTAGONIST, because one defies the moral conventions of the setting and the other is in opposition to the main character(s). A good villain, whether they are the main character or not, requires a good reason to be a villain first and foremost. Damaged goods that pass off psychological problems as their reason tend rake in more hate than love for being edgy, and I believe this fact would not change unless there was an incredible deal of research and emphasis on the problem and the character. Your villain needs the NEED to be a villain, it is a necessity that they act this way. Or if it is simply a matter of perspective, multiple lenses to be observed with. The degree or ability to relate to their villainy is entirely up the the author.

A good antagonist, however, is a much broader spectrum that merely requires a person or thing that is against the flow of the plot. They are jutting spires from the river, redirecting flow suddenly and threatening to become dams altogether. A good one is convincing and understandable, a poor one is easily identified as "The Antagonist" without much of a second thought as to why. Using the analogy I just made up right now, a good antagonist would be a boulder in the river. It is covered with moss, tiny fish and crustaceans make its underside a home. Erosion effects it, there are natural colors and edges to its form. Now imagine the shitty antagonist as a big, ugly, heavy plastic cube that's just dropped right in. It's even got the proper flat shade of color that the protagonist hates.
>>
>>32017115

A good villain is one we can empathize with to a limited extent- we should be able to understand their motivation even we don't personally agree with it. They should provide a threat or obstacle that forces the main protagonist to overcome a difficult trial or grow as a person to overcome. They should have a central role in the story, influencing events in a way which drives the protagonist onward, while not dominating the plot to the point that the main protagonist is pushed to insignificance. Some unique style and/or memorable quotes and tendencies is also a must.
>>
>>32017115
Good villains come in a variety of "molds." There's what we've had mentioned already, and like Vryheid said, villains we can empathize with are rather effective: like Ozymandias.

Building villains as a convincing threat is usually a matter of raising the stakes appropriately. Not everything needs to be world ending, it could simply be "world" ending; which is to say it could ruin the world that the protagonist exists in. Perhaps their world is made up of their family, or their friends - a villain that threatens these things threatens their "world" so to speak and as more and more of what is near and dear to them is threatened, the stakes begin to feel higher and higher for the reader (provided that you've written a protagonist you can empathize with.)

You can scale the stakes as much as you want, but as you do so you have to change the way your villain functions, you have to change what makes them tick, and you also have to change your protagonist to want to undertake such a tremendous task. The question far exceeds a single post though, and I'm not quite in the state of mind to write out several posts, so I'll leave it at that.

On a completely unrelated note, Errant's Hearth Chapter 3 is out:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7991302
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12140893/3/The-Errant-s-Hearth
>>
I wanted first and foremost to speak of the difference between villain and antagonist, but Mimiga already covered it. To his wise words I'll only add the wise words of another;
>The best antagonists are those who obstruct the protagonist in ways the audience can relate to or even believe in, possibly stronger than the protagonist itself
Always remember a story's conflict has two sides, and the best story explores both.

I have not written good stories, for this thread

>SECOND QUICK
Aye aye, Sir Captcha. A question of my own then, not jsut to other writers but also readers!

I've been looking into novels I loved and found the first chapter isn't always the first critical development, which would be the obvious solution. In some cases it worked; one of my favorites' intruduction was the discovery of the facility that would be central to the plot.

Another, however, opened on a little setting-establishment scene, one that follows the bad guys at that. The second chapter was a character establishment of one of the main cast. We didn't even see the chief protagonist until the third chapter or so, and the first major development only happened in the fifth.

The question(s) then; Writers, how do you choose when to start your story? Readers, where do you prefer seeing a story begin?
>>
>Want to try and write something
>Immediately start to feel autistic about what I'm doing
>Don't actually have anything against fanfiction
Every time.
>>
File: extra.jpg (419KB, 946x948px) Image search: [Google]
extra.jpg
419KB, 946x948px
>>32017115

>Villains. What makes a well-written villain and a poorly-written one?

Depends entirely on the villain that you're writing, but in general, neither toothless nor omnipotent, and given a suitable amount of character depth and motivations that follow some logic.

>How do you turn a hero into a villain or a villain into a hero?

The former is basically taking a noble goal and subverting it for nefarious purposes. The soldier betrays the army to spare his family. The traveler on a quest for vengeance adopts the tactics of his enemy to get his revenge.

Basically, it's giving into that voice in your head that encourages you to cut ethical corners to get something that you desire or see as good.

As for turning a villain into a hero, it depends on what value of 'hero' you are aiming for. Becoming a hero via pragmatic interests aligning is simple enough, becoming a hero in temperament requires an evolution from the villain's former worldview into one that is 'heroic' per the narrative you are trying to tell.

>How do you build up a villain as a convincing threat?

Make your villain too much for the heroes to handle in the first brush, or first few brushes for that matter, and have them grow and rise to the challenge.

On the topic of heroes and villains, I continued my yarn with an update during witching hours that follows a mixture of both. There are a few things that might merit tweaking later down the road, but all-in-all I thought it was good enough for publishing.

FFN:
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/48/Fledglings

AO3:
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/3465593/chapters/22599374
>>
>>32018287
>how do you choose when to start your story

Technically, it's already started. It always has been. There is a practically infinite amount of information and scenes you can choose to begin from at any point of the setting you want to write. The only thing that determines where you start is what you want to show first, and that is almost always a display of setting in some fashion. Sure, you can start with an action-packed chase scene or whatever should you choose to get off to a running start and show some kind of tension immediately, but without proper imagery and narrative you're not really going to give two fucks about the actual drama. Starting at a slow point and trying to build your foundation right then and there is liable to lose you way too many readers right off the bat, because one of the most basic functions of storytelling is spacing out chunks of important information as to string the reader along. They shouldn't be reading a report, they should be watching a story unfold.

Basically my rambling equates to "It doesn't matter when the story starts so long as it provides the right amount of structure and the right amount of hook." I haven't talked about writing in a long time and I'm getting antsy.
>>
I have recently found a promising PMD fanfic on Archive of Our Own. It has only started up a couple months back, but what I have seen shows potential from much of the chaff I usually surf through.

Doesn't have that much exposure, so I figure the story deserves a little spotlight. Enjoy /vp/.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8695117/chapters/19936528
>>
>>32018930
I'm going through it right now bruh, but why don't you tell the audience a few things that stand out about it for you?
>>
>Posted chapter 19 of my Protector series

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/19/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart

I have two more chapters and an epilogue for the novel. Afterwards I'll be posting my next Pokemon story about a thief and her sneasel. Looking forward to it all.
>>
So I want to write about a story about an edgy as fuck/dark character getting over his misery/despair and reverting back to his long lost cheerful self. Anyone recommend any stories that work like that, sfw or not so that I can read and learn? pokemon related or not?
>>
How would you go about writing conflict between characters that are really close to each other, and are really nice people? Just for example, Ash & Pikachu. A simple disagreement wouldn't make them upset with each other.

I was writing a funny little one shot in which two characters that close were upset and not talking to each other, and I finished writing the entire thing, but couldn't think of a reason that would lead to this situation without being unnecessarily edge or retarded. I think it would be easier if it wasn't a one shot, but for a small story I thought of just for fun, I couldn't come up with anything good. So if you were in this position, how would you go about it? Let's just say the character you need to use are Pikachu and Ash.
>>
>>32022030
Betrayal of the foundational trust is usually a biggie.

The Ash/Pikachu relationship is founded on the following agreements as established in Season 1:
• Ash will never put Pikachu in his ball.
• Ash will never demand of Pikachu evolution.
• Pikachu will indefinitely continue not to electrocute Ash.
• Pikachu will obediently fight for Ash, despite being a(n initially) no-badge scrub.

The evolution thing is one-way, so set that aside. We have one breach of trust for each.
• Ash could put Pikachu in his ball because of $PLOTDEVICE.
• Pikachu could start disobeying/zapping Ash because of $PLOTDEVICE.

And, once one breaks the truce, the other has no reason to hold it. (I.e., keeping Pikachu recalled prevents him from using electricity spitefully; using electricity to punish Ash for recalling him, whenever let back out—the reason why Oak traded Pikachu off.)

It's a well-worn plot and usually resolves after the second commercial break with either A Bigger Problem appearing that requires the two heroes to set their dispute aside and after solving said problem, they agree not to pick the dispute up again; or with a third party telling them to knock it off because their dispute is disrupting the lives of others near them.
>>
>>32019223
Well it is one of the more original and refined pieces I have come across in a long time. PMD fanfiction has more or less dried up, and I do like how the characters are defined in terms of their personalities.

The vulpix is especially intriguing.

From what I am able to observe, it would seem the author has a concrete plan in mind for the story's progression, though I must inform you that this is only a gut feeling I have on hand. It is still too early to provide anything more in concrete commentary, but what is there is promising.
>>
File: slap.png (222KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
slap.png
222KB, 700x900px
>>
File: rrKNrmR.png (922KB, 762x1120px) Image search: [Google]
rrKNrmR.png
922KB, 762x1120px
>>32017115
>Villains and Antagonists

I think to write good antagonistic forces, you need to have them be the BEST of their kind. If they're evil for evil's sake, let them be completely over the top with it. You can't rationalize with pure evil, just deal with it. If they're after power, show how ruthless they are and how far they are willing to go to get what they want. Even if the villain isn't "deep" or "relatable", make them entertaining to see and deal with.

But with villains who have reasonable goals with understandable intentions, you start asking, "Who is the real antagonist? The one trying to accomplish their goals, or the one trying to stop him?" If you start to feel sorry for a villain, is he really that bad?

>>32018287
>how do you choose?

Very carefully. I think it all has to do with what kind of story you're wanting to tell.

Using my own stories as an example, TDT chapter 1 is mostly filler and introductions. TDT is definitely meant to be a "slow burn" kind of story.

With VoD, things happen back to back, moving along at a quick pace, so Chapter 1 zips right on by and things are already moving.

TDT9 should be posted by the end of friday, by the way
>>
File: Aqua-Magma a shit.jpg (62KB, 483x810px) Image search: [Google]
Aqua-Magma a shit.jpg
62KB, 483x810px
>>32024708
And it didn't occur to me until after I posted to see if there was a pokemon verison of this list.
>>
>ToTT
The antagonist of any given story should have the same goal as the hero. It may be a twisted, or distorted version of the same goal, but it should be the same. That way, the characters naturally conflict with each other as they try to reach there goals.
A generic example: The Hero is trying to save the world. The Antagonist is also trying to save the world, but his methods are more... murder-y.
>>
>>32026093
>The antagonist of any given story should have the same goal as the hero.
This invalidates 95% of anything ever written.
>>
>>32026093
>The antagonist of any given story should have the same goal as the hero.
Kinda like how Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker both wanted to blow up planets in Star Wars.
Kinda like how Clarice and Buffalo Bill both wanted to dress up in the flesh of their victims in Silence of the Lambs.
Kinda like how Roger Radcliffe and Cruella De Vil both wanted to make dogs fur coats.

>That way, the characters naturally conflict with each other as they try to reach there goals.
This does not require any similarity between the goals of Protagonist and Antagonist as >>32026093 asserts, Only that there be mutual exclusivity in the goals' achievement. Typically the difference is that the villain is motivated by ambition, while the hero is motivated by desperation or a moral imperative to prohibit the villain's success through achievement of the mutually exclusive goal or outright prohibition of the villain's success.
>>
>>32026355
To elaborate on that by example:
• Outright prohibition is usually the confrontational means: Hero versus villain, have a showdown. If the good guy shoots the bad guy dead, bad guy can't win anymore. It can also be through disabling the bad guy's mechanism for success. When James Bond defuses Goldfinger's nuclear device, Goldfinger no longer has a means to irradiate the Fort Knox gold supply, at least not in a reasonable time frame.
• Exclusive goals are more uncommon, and usually more interesting. Total Recall features this. Quaid doesn't have to confront Cohaagen because by starting the alien's terraforming reactor, he can bring breathable air to Mars—the villain is not afflicted in any way if Quaid does this, but his strategy collapses once he no longer has the power to cut off the supply of air to the colonists. But because that wouldn't be cool enough for an Arnie flick, the roles reverse: Instead of the hero trying to stop the villain, Cohaagen has no choice but to try to stop the hero. So we get both the mutually-exclusive-goal plot and the showdown fight scene and some really cool special effects that kids today probably don't appreciate.

>But back to the Topic Of The Thread
A good villain pushes the hero out of his normal character, usually to "rise above himself," but lateral moves work too, especially toward a "how far would you go?" path. Exchange of role can be as above, or as a twist for the audience to find they rooted for the wrong guy; it isn't a question of "how to," but "why should" you use that plot mechanic. Building threat is a matter of pacing your hero's ability to suffer and/or disrupt the villain's plains. A schoolyard bully and a space ship with a death ray are both convincing threats when shown in the right scope and with a hero at the correct power level for each of their encounter scenes.
>>
>2 chapters on standby in paper form
>soon to be three
>still no hard drive

The burst of chapters at the end of this will be legendary
blogpost bump
>>
morning
>>
File: 1443297084931.png (171KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443297084931.png
171KB, 800x600px
Do you guys think the pokemon fanfic community (or perhaps, the pokemon community in general) is dying out? When I stumbled into this community some six or seven years ago, the threads were bustling compared to what it is now. There seemed be new content just about every day. There were a lot more people that took requests (when they weren't rolling random pokemon to write about). It just seemed more active. What changed? Is pokemon just old and busted. Are the few of us left just being childish for refusing to let go of this fandom?
>>
>>32029810
Thread dip into slow times from time to time. A period of slowness/inactivity had already happened a number of times.
Though if you last checked from that time gap from when /vp/ was made and is now, the general traffic was significantly higher than it was in gen VI on a board as a whole. Peak activity comes when a new game is announced or if someone took/deliver requests.
>>
>>32029810
These threads have gotten so slow in the past that we've decided to take breaks for weeks at at a time. It happens every now and then, it;s not a big deal.
>>
>>32029810
There are so many good fics now people don't need to write more
>>
is it a faux pas to make a PMD character that's the same species as a canon specific PMD character?
>>
>>32031272
Maybe, but if you make it clear they're not the same as the other character you should be good. Or use it to your advantage and turn it into a joke, like a Grovyle shows up and everyone thinks it's Grovyle the Thief until he convinces them otherwise.

That said, if you can make the character a different species and yet they still serve the same role, that might be better, just to avoid confusion. And if you choose to still keep the species the same, you may want to give them a name besides just their species name to further differentiate them from the canon character.
>>
>>32017115
>Topic of The Thread
Personally, I think what a villain needs to be "well-written" is to just be an interesting threat. Interesting, not necessarily deep or fun. What a villain needs to be a threat or interesting depends entirely on the story and the one(s) opposing the villain. There's no universally good villain, one who works for everyone.

For some examples, a character like Hisoka from HxH, with the simplest motivation and no backstory, works great as a villain because of his role in the story and nature of the ones opposing him. He works as a threat at all times, and has an interesting enough personality to not be bored with him. There's no depth to him, but he works great due his role, because of he is an interesting threat for just the right character. This very villain, though, wouldn't work as well in a different story, or with a different character, like Kurapika. Hell, he wouldn't even work in every arc of the same show.

In the same show, there's Meruem. Another character with the simplest motivations and no backstory, but this one lacks an interesting personality. What makes him work, though, is his interesting development. But despite that, due to his role and personality, he wouldn't work as a great for villain for a character like Gon, so he isn't a villain for Gon. His opposition is someone who complements him perfectly. Someone who has personal reason to fight him. Again, he'd be a fairly normal villain in a different scenario, with different character opposing him, but in the scenario, with the right character opposing him, he is one of the best.

So, a villain just needs to be an interesting threat. What makes a villain an interesting threat is their role in the story and their opposition. Don't bore the viewer. Forget justifying their actions or giving them a backstory if those are just going to boring. Have them oppose a character that complements them. Almost none of the Pokemon villains meet either of these two requirements.
>>
>>32027569
Mimiga if you wanted you could easily post one of your chapters on pastebin and get some responses to it

>>32029810
I don't think the Pokemon fanfic community is dying out at all, in fact, as an avid reader I'd say that numerically it's stronger than ever. I remember how for many years we were always second place on the Games list on FFnet behind Kingdom Hearts in terms of number of stories, now we have almost 20,000 more stories than they do. A lot of the writers these days hang out in other communities such as Discord chats, tumblr groups and various message boards. I'd say that if anything this vp group is less popular now due to people simply not advertising its presence to the greater pokemon fandom community.
>>
>>32033075
...Come to think of it I don't think this thread gets linked around on other threads/boards that often
>>
>>32034425
No, and probably for good reason. This thread would likely hit with varying degrees of acceptance on other threads and boards, and most of it would probably trend towards "not accepted" if not outright derided.
>>
>>32034536
>it would probably trend towards "not accepted" if not outright derided.
Oh no derision on 4chan what do?
A few will sneak back in a little later with requests and first drafts.
>>
>>32034722
Probably. It's not a matter of getting your fee-fees hurt, it's a matter of it even being worth the effort.

If you think it is, then hey, carte blanche right?
>>
>>32034810
>it's a matter of it even being worth the effort.
it's writing pokemon fan fiction
don't do it for worth
do it for love
>>
>>32031384
>Or use it to your advantage and turn it into a joke
Honestly, that sounds like as good a reason as any. More importantly, this 'joke' could be something that actually fits the character exactly. It'll also let me poke a little fun at something I thought was absurd...

>And if you choose to still keep the species the same, you may want to give them a name besides just their species name to further differentiate them from the canon character.
This was the plan all along; the whole team have individual names, though I know not all pmd pokes do (in fact, it seems most don't)
Blaziken had one already in WIAM, but for obvious reasons it didn't appear.
>>
Irken Empire vs Pokemon world. Who win?
>>
>>32033075
I can't post anything online at all, it doesn't matter in what site or format. I do not have access to a computer long enough into a day to feasibly translate written text to digital text.
>>
>>32033075
This is the only community I visit because of the anon aspect. I've been loyal to this place for so long I can't even imagine going somewhere else.
>>
>tfw so bad at names you resort to anagrams
Writing is suffering.
>>
>>32035947
I just use a random name generator if I'm not trying for anything meaningful.
>>
File: 1285716989172.jpg (327KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1285716989172.jpg
327KB, 800x600px
Well, it's still technically friday somwhere. Here's "The Dark Type" Chapter 9: http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/22678517

May take a week off from doing these edit-and-posts. Stay tuned.

>>32035947
There's name generators and name meaning lists all over the internet. Just find something fitting.

Unless you mean coming up with original names, then you're right. Suffering.
>>
>>32035947
Anagrams of the species name, you mean? If so, funny you should mention that, because that's actually the exact same thing I've been doing for some of my characters' names. Granted, not in any stories that I've published yet--just rough drafts and sketches of stories that might eventually come to fruition.

But enough about me. I don't think the anagram route is such a bad idea. It can turn out looking good sometimes. Of course, if you're unsatisfied with it you can just use a name generator like others have suggested already.
>>
>>32036265
no, anagrams of words. When I run out of ideas I hit up google translate and fuck with the letter order of whatever pops out
>>
>>32036425
I see. That's an interesting idea, actually. I never thought about translating words before scrambling them to come up with names.
>>
File: 1487996906813.jpg (1MB, 1200x688px) Image search: [Google]
1487996906813.jpg
1MB, 1200x688px
>Not having a naming system

Yeah, it was autism on my end to write so many down, but it makes the work that comes later so much easier. You should do what I do and just use animals similar to the character and mess around from there.
>>
>>32036725
'corrupted foreign words' is my naming system
>>
>>32035947
>Not simply taking a look at school / college / workplace people list

Getting names for characters is easy peasy. in particular if you are basing your setting off of a IRL culture. It's when you fall into the trope trap of "name has to have a meaning that my character is speshul!" that one makes things hard for themself without any purpose.

>>32036725
Mine is basically "pick up a book" / "look out the window".

Also, afternoon.
>>
File: tepig meat.jpg (117KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
tepig meat.jpg
117KB, 700x460px
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12388833/1/Pokemon-Cuisine

so guys, why aren't your fanfic characters discussing how they best like their bulbasaur steaks cooked
>>
>>32040047
Because bulbasaur is a Poison-type and if they cut it wrong you die so most people stick to meals that don't require as much faith in the chef.
>>
File: tumblr_okpnyn6F1d1r2r59eo1_500.jpg (88KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okpnyn6F1d1r2r59eo1_500.jpg
88KB, 402x402px
What would your waifu's opinion on all the disgusting smut you've written about her be?
>>
File: lewder.jpg (27KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
lewder.jpg
27KB, 400x275px
>>32041707
>>
File: 1472265171447.jpg (73KB, 376x404px) Image search: [Google]
1472265171447.jpg
73KB, 376x404px
>>32041707
>writing smut about your waifu
>not keeping your waifu pure
what kind of degenerate do you take me for?
>>
I think I want to start writing again.

Someone give me a Pokémon.
>>
>>32041707
I've written nothing bad about her. Just a few small short stories of her doing cute things with her future husband. And I don't even put that online most of the time.
>>
>>32042820
Any of the TotT responses from two threads ago;
>>31737080
>>
>>32042820
masquerain
>>
>>32042820
A protective relationship between a Mismaginus and a Chespin, if you need an example.
>>
>>32042850
Your waifu leaves you for him? no wonder you dont do it online
>>
>>32043045
I do like prompts. This one is... interesting though.
>>
>>32043095
Thanks. It's one of my own personal plotlines, but I have nothing against handing it to other writers to see what they manage to make due with.
>>
What's about a "demigod" that comes from a 3 level civ and gets stranded on Pokemon world.
>>
>>32044573
Remind me, what's a Level 3 Civilization?

Isn't that Dyson Sphere Tier?
>>
File: 1469301168396.jpg (31KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1469301168396.jpg
31KB, 640x640px
How do you make your pokemon characters unique? For physical traits do you give them markings, scars, special clothes? Maybe a special pokeball or other gizmo they hold such as an item? What else can make the description of a pokemon unique?

I've gotten the attitude and general description of the character written out, but in a world where all creatures of the same species look so similar save for gender and regional differences everyone is familiar with, it is challenging to make a pokemon appear unique. No shinies please.
>>
>>32046644
For a Pokemon, you get three slots:

>Body
>Head
>Fashion Accessory + Color

You get one descriptor each. So a FLUFFY Zoroark with DROOPY Ears that has a Gold-tinted BACKPACK.

Obviously, if the story takes place in a pet shop or place with lots of the same 'Mons, you can go a bit deeper. Unless you are writing a fashion blog, you should keep it short to keep the story going.

Also, same applies to the Humans. Keep it quick, keep it moving.
>>
>>32044573
>>32045478
Apparently so.

What's about a "demigod" individual anyway? A Type-III Kardashev civilization spreads out at a galactic scale and thus has galactic-scale energy needs and disposal. But that only speaks of the civilization as a whole, not of the individuals. An individual of a T-II or a T-III civilization stranded on an alien world that has somehow escaped their notice or has been left isolated, is pretty much just about as fucked up as anyone else, unless their technology is working well enough that they are not really "stranded".

Assuming enough of the technology works, a T-III civ individual faces another, disjoint problem: given their control over forces at a planetary scale, they become a direct and noticeable unknown variable to any and all Legendaries in the setting, if they are of the planetary / cosmic power variety (aka a sapient, actually element-controlling Palkia or Weather Trio). So if this character is a "demigod", depending on what means, it could imply they pose a threat to the Pokémon world.

>>32046644
>making characters unique
Mannerisms and specific takes on representing their personality, for example. When you combine those in a consistent manner the character's "brand" becomes recognizable. Perspective also helps - if you always present certain cues of the character doing something or looking like something, for example them having a hobby, then readers can pick his presence and effect better in a scene where there are others of their same species.

Items and articles of clothing can also help, as does dialect. But I feel like at least in writing mannerisms and "ticks" are easier to convey because they are "persistent" rather than "recurrent", and don't tend to interrupt things.

>CAPTCHA
>3400 cartas
Even with a 75% junk-to-nice scenario, I've never felt so loved.
>>
>>32046644
>No shinies please.
Obviously you must make it HALF shiny!
>>
>>32048712
>>32047634
>>32046644
I got too distracted with the anime idea of Pokemon world that I forgot to reference our own.

3 Extra Customization Options

1. Breeding
They don't show it in the game, because they can't do that many assets, but you should be able to get some variation that people will accept by mentioning selective breeding. As long as most of the stats are the same, you can probably get away with it in a single paragraph.

2. Dye
It's more obvious in birds and plants, but feeding your pets specific goods during the molting season can let you change their colors. Feeding a Farfetch'd red peppers can get you a red one, at least until the next molting time.

3. Dye
Either because the Trainer wants to add some highlights to their Riolu's fur because they think it looks nice or the Pokemon keeps getting into their makeup kit and messily applying it themselves, you can get some distance with this one. Showing how much the Pokemon trusts the Trainer to tart them up with all that equipment, or how a trip to the beauty salon can spiral into something that moves the story forward.
>>
>>32048934
>feeding your pets specific goods
I feel like I should point out this is actually canon; Roselia's pokedex entries in SS and Y reference it.
>>
>>32046644
>How do you make your pokemon characters unique?
Personality is paramount for the reader's purposes. Physical traits (stature, shininess, scars, fashion, etc.) work best when you need your human characters to identify your pokemon when it could be unclear to them. For example, in my Can't Escape, when Mortimer recognizes Fiona, it's not her appearance (which changed in addition to her evolution) but her voice when she is dealt a match-ending blow in a gym qualifier match that positively identifies her.

The critical issue at hand isn't the decoration, but the need for it. Does a pokemon need to be uniquely described? What do these unique traits actually mean? Will your characters, your stories, be lessened for their removal?

The moment when no identifiers are needed is the moment when you may add them freely.
>>
Bumpeo de página nueve.
>>
>>32051182
>página
l-lewd
>>
>>32046644
I just try to make the cast as diverse as possible, which is never using the same pokemon too many times.
>>
>>32051935
>never using the same pokemon too many times.
Thank goodness there are so many hundreds of species to choose from. Imagine what life would be like if our world didn't have Pokémon! All literature would be intolerably banal: "O, goodie, another story with a Human in the lead role. #overusedmuch?"
>>
>>32051879
You're thinking of pagina, without the á
>>
>>32052118
because it's so easy to put animals that are practically clones of each other on paper
>>
>>32052350
If writing were easy, what resulted wouldn't be worth reading.
>>
File: 1480976704000.jpg (162KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
1480976704000.jpg
162KB, 1000x730px
>>32052436
If only anon, if only
>>
File: 1470396836505.gif (906KB, 274x244px) Image search: [Google]
1470396836505.gif
906KB, 274x244px
>Writing plot
>check the thread
>go back to plot
>three sentences
>check the thread
>nothing
>go back to plot
>four sentences, loose focus
>check the thread
>nothing
>back to plot
>no sentences
>check the thread
>nothing
>sit for five minutes not even thinking
>check the thread
>mfw i don't have my daily dose of coffee
>>
>>32052484
Caffeinate up, disconnect internet.
>>
>>32052484
>check the thread×5
>contribute to the thread×<5
Gotta fix that ratio.
Also, gotta get into the groove. If you're only getting a few sentences at a time, then you are probably focusing on what you think should happen next instead of focusing on wondering what might happen next.
>>
>>32052447
You could just throw in some Pokéfashion. Sunglasses, headphones, bandanas, a backpack with a single strap, etc.

Be creative, but try to tie it into the Pokemon or Trainer personality
>>
>>32052548
Any pokemon becomes the star of Nimbasa's musicals when you deck it out with Ray-Bans, Beats, Jansport, and a bandana with a red dot and 萬歲 written on it.

But once you make your pokemon so cool, will you have enough badges to keep its respect?
>>
>>32052615
>But once you make your pokemon so cool, will you have enough badges to keep its respect?

smut story about a too-cool charizard actually charizarding its trainer when
>>
>>32052615
Will you be able to keep it when you tell your 'Mons those cool accessories came from the Flea Market?
>>
>>32053043
>the Flea Market?
Please, "Join Avenue."
>>
>>32053279
Is that where the Nincada Vendors appear to hawk Genuine© Apple® ePads™ and Official © Nike® AirShaqs™?
>>
>>32053417
Don't buy from Janus, he's two-faced.

>hawk
¬_¬
>>
>>32041707
No smut here
>>
>ToTT
I admittedly don't have all that much experience with building up villains or antagonists. Most I can say is to make sure they have an actual reason to become evil aside from doing it on a whim. Basically, what was already said near the beginning of the thread.

>>32018347
Are you me?
>come up with a neat story idea
>could lead to some amusing/cute shenanigans
>finish a part of it
>suddenly become terrified that it's too autistic
Not gonna drop it since I really want to see it through to the end once I have time to work on it, but I really wish I could shake that awful feeling.

>>32041707
Haven't written a single lemon yet, let alone one about my nonexistent waifu.

>>32052484
>drinking coffee
>>
>>32053796
>Not gonna drop it since I really want to see it through to the end once I have time to work on it, but I really wish I could shake that awful feeling.
Fuck. Already doing better than me.
I just nuke the whole thing and try to forget about it.
>>
>>32053527

the last chapter of MoM is going to be nothing but M-rated doggo smut and I'm not going to read it
>>
>>32054082
It'd probably be one of the 3/4th chapters if any. Very, very conflicted smut where the female is almost twice as tall as the male. The last chapter's just going to be sad.

And you know, since my waifu is at least 60% my own machination and not really a character of whom I waifu'd, I don't have to worry about how disappointed she would be.
>>
>>32046644
Mostly small difference. I avoid doing anything big, like giving scars or accessories that aren't just items in Pokemon. Some Pokemon are just fluffier, have rougher hair, bigger in size, just overall small things. It's mostly their personality that makes it really easy to distinguish them.

Might be a bit weird comparison, but think Osomatsu-san. The main characters are sextuplets who look exactly the same, except for facial expressions. You can't SHOW facial expressions in a fanfic, but it's still not hard to distinguish characters.
>>
>>32054157
>where the female is almost twice as tall as the male.
bueno
>>
>>32054157

you know spoiling the story by guaranteeing that panne will survive/evolve kind of removes the dramatic tension of the spiritomb conflict
>>
>>32054648
>implying there was any dramatic tension in the first place

I really actually have to wonder what the reader feels like, because I feel nothing anymore. It's more fun to write out worldbuilding lore than it is to keep the plot rolling. Designing and making conflict in this mostly-disconnected pokemon village on the coast is hella cool, but aimlessly wandering about my own main story is kinda just mandatory at this point. That and I've technically written much farther than people have read, so that growing gap is kind of confusing.
>>
Please tell me there is a fic where the RSE trainer gets hatefucked by a May who is severely depressed after losing to him time and time again.
Please tell me that fic ends with May crying in trainer's arms.
>>
>>32054726
not entirely what you're after, but by god is it worth reading

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8931005/1/Emerald-Shades

despite the fact that IT NEVER FUCKING UPDATES
>>
>>32054763
Ty senpai. Someone should definitely write up some green of trainer anon getting hatefucked by their angry rival tho. That's my cream dream
>>
morning
>>
>>32056122
'noon.
>>
>>32021864
Bumping this question
>>
So, I've been thinking of writing a fic that goes deeper in the gender roles of pokemon within the world; that is, the difference between female and male pokemon beyond breeding.

Looking at most mammalian species, the male is usually the larger, and stronger gender. Going off of this, I'd like to incorporate this into pokemon. Assuming male pokemon are stronger than female pokemon, this would imply that, if you care to battle competitively, you would not use female pokemon as you'd be at a general disadvantage. Sure, female pokemon could bring something to the table, but generally it seems like you'd want a team of all-males for battling purposes.

With this premise, I have two story ideas: one, a male pokemon adept at competitive battling somehow turned female and forced to work his way back into the scene (both in his trainer's eyes and the eyes of society) or a female pokemon intent on battling competitively and proving she can do just as well as the males, and that her gender is not only there for breeding purposes.

I have two dilemmas with these ideas however: One, I'm not sure which one is the stronger premise, and two, I'm not sure how that gender gap between pokemon would affect the 'society' as a whole. Would female trainers be offended for their pokemon counterparts and start some sort of movement? Would pokemon contests become the 'expected' competitive thing for female pokemon to do, rather than battling? Would other female pokemon consider battling a 'male' thing and look down on other females who do enjoy it? Any ideas/opinions you guys could throw at me on this would be great. Quite frankly, I'm on the fence if this is a good premise or if it just seems like yet another 'sjw'-like feminist concept that's been done to death.
>>
>>32059766
>this would imply that, if you care to battle competitively, you would not use female pokemon as you'd be at a general disadvantage.
Reminder this was actually canon in Gen 2
Reminder it stopped being canon in Gen 3, and isn't canon to this day, despite continuing to add unique gender sprites.

You're making a distinction where there's no distinction to be made, Anon.
>>
>>32059766
You're trying to inject a problem that does not exist in the source material (anymore), based on highly selective realism (hint: the majority of Pokémon aren't mammals; depending on canon-accuracy, none of them are). That already begs the question of why you're altering the world like that. "Realism" for its own sake isn't a sufficient answer, since you're only focusing on one specific aspect that isn't even all that egregious in the source material (unless you're trying to find political messages that aren't actually there).

>it just seems like yet another 'sjw'-like feminist concept that's been done to death.

You already recognized the elephant in the room.

>a female pokemon intent on battling competitively and proving she can do just as well as the males, and that her gender is not only there for breeding purposes

100% cliche, will be recognized and judged as such (especially here; reminder: you are on 4chan). Not that you should _want_ the tumblr audience.

>a male pokemon [..] somehow turned female

Have you heard of the term "magical realm"?
>>
>>32059766
>Assuming male pokemon are stronger than female pokemon
Valid for Gen II, as the Physical Attack stat was repurposed as the masculinity factor; of its four bits, the high three were compared against a species-specific threshold. E.g., starters needed at least 0x2 to be male, 0x1 and 0x0 pokemon were female. Hence, your Totodile didn't necessarily suffer a Water-type liability (Water was always special in Gen II) but it was bad news for any physical coverage moves.

>a male pokemon … somehow turned female
They later added some gender bits to separate these stats. Azurill is notable in that its threshold is 0x6 until it evolves, dropping to 0x4. Hence, one in three female Azurill are fated to grow a pair. But that's the other direction.

>female pokemon could bring something to the table
My dinner.

>yet another 'sjw'-like feminist concept
It is but the real problem is that it has been
>been done to death.
There is space to explore the concepts around pokemon gender, but I've found it best kept as background material. As the main plot, you're stuck either toeing the Progressive line and shouting GURL POWER from beneath your fluorescent-colored side-shaved tumblrcut, or you let your story recognize that there are differences between the genders and that means you're a shitlord.

And that's a shame because in nearly all cases, the most meaningful thing about pokemon gender is that it usually doesn't matter, so it's nice for it to be noteworthy when it does.
>>
>>32059988
>one in three female Azurill are fated to grow a pair

Gen 6 fixed that, by the way.
>>
>>32060044
Gen VI: Fighting the patriarchy one (in three) azurill at a time.
>>
>>32059766
There are enough things wrong with this that I decided to just sit back and let everyone else point them out. Though some things do come to mention.

>"With this premise, I have two story ideas: "
>the two of them are literally "if you are female or perceived as such then you are weak / useless / etc"
>you have to somehow cleanse yourself off your "femaleness impurity" in the eyes of society
Yeah, I don't see that flying any well around here, or around many places. There are many better stories (and premises) to go with.

>Looking at most mammalian species...
The females are many times the ones who actually do any work, while the males are there for looking intimidating and covering the social worker ground. Felines are a good example.

Everywhere else in the IRL animal realm, the female is overall more dangerous than the male, and for quite good reasons.

Heck, even among *inanimate* Pokémon I could make the argument that females are better, as the way their inspirations are gendered in eg.: Spanish, the best and coolest ones are female nouns. The Voltorb and Roggenrola families, Bronzong, Litwick (but not Chandelure) are among the ones that come to mind. And then there's Aegislash that is a male and a female noun for the price of one.

(Yes, Klefki is maybe the exception that confirms the rule)

So, basically, for that premise to work, it'd have to be limited to a competitive ring of mammalian-only Pokémon, and even then you'd have to go to annoying lengths to make it believable.

Maybe our world works that way; but not *their* world. And IMO, that's one of the reasons why we like it.

Also, a males-focused or males-only competitive ring is very easy to bring down by a couple of female Pokémon packing a minimalistic set of moves and traits such as Attract, Swagger, Rivalry and Cute Charm. Effects can be made even more nefarious depending on the "liveliness" of your setting's battle engine.

But down the line: >>32059876 has it.
>>
>>32059858
>>32059876
>>32059988
>>32060863

Appreciate the opinions. I can respect that it's really cliche, though you've convinced me the main issue is with 'injecting a problem' and selective-realism like >>32059876 said.

Appreciate it. I'll throw the idea in the garbage bin for now.
>>
>>32017115
I plan on doing some PMD short stories.

Any tips and tricks and things to avoid for PMD tales?
>>
>>32063523
Civilized pokemon from wildlings is a sore topic that should be handled carefully
So are dietary requirements and predators
And all the chaos magic and whatnot around the setting
And the organizations and foundations that are already present in the setting, like rescue teams and the Kecleon

Feel free to go apeshit and make places up, there's only ever really been the mystery dungeons you are allowed to go to in the games. All the things in-between where the sane pokemon would never live is up to you.

Just in general, try hard not to take a short story and make it a novel. Novels are always awful.
>>
>>32063804
>Civilized pokemon from wildlings is a sore topic that should be handled carefully
I see some people in this thread really enjoy it, what's the specific problem one needs to avoid when trying this?
>>
>>32063846
I mean it's sore as in it's hot and important, not that it's necessarily negative. One of the main drives of the setting is that there is a thin line between those who live in cities and those who live outside, but in the latest game, there's a lot more of a divide forming with pokemon who ONLY live in cities. There's some forward cultural traction there that you could take advantage of if you liked, and in my opinion it's not something to be easily driven through text.
>>
>>32063880
so the absolutel wrong thing to do would be to reference it but not explore it too deep? Or would that be most preferable, toa void thorniness?

(not that other anon btw)
>>
>>32063909
You don't have to shove your whole dick into the topic, I'm mostly just saying that if you're going to be touching upon it, you do it concisely and with a lot more thought than you perhaps might not pay to some of the other aspects of the settings. I feel that it's a rather major part of the universe as a whole, enough that you can build several stories all about it that don't conflict with one another. Just something to keep a real close eye on, should it ever come up.
>>
>>32063982
>>32063880
Can you go into more detail, my pleb brain isn't getting it like I think it should.

Are you referring to how often wild Pokemon end up on the menu? I've read a few stories where they tolerate Pokemon eating other Pokemon if it was a wild, usually unsentient, one.

Or do you mean focusing on the differences between the Pokemon that live in the wilds versus those that have chosen the city life?
>>
>>32064526
The latter, mostly. I'm not entirely sure how much of this is just my own backwash from the PMD fic I'm writing at this very second which is currently dealing with this exact topic, but I'm fairly certain that-- in the PMD games as a whole-- there's something of a cultural revolution in progress that breaks off from the norm of wild pokemon and tribes. Shops and industry and organization and whatnot. But you can recruit wild pokemon from dungeons, and they talk and function just the same as those from the city. Those are the canons, if you were to choose to build from them and not veer off randomly. As someone whose written a bit of PMD, I personally feel that it is extremely important to the setting that those who choose to follow a revolutionary new path, and those who only know or prefer the old feral ways of life, are distinct. They don't have to be black and white, as the main characters are almost always the adventuring grey, but there should be obvious splits as the topic comes up. That kind of thing includes supplemented predatory diets and the outlook of other prey species, of course, but that's up to you.

The reason it's so important to address these kind of things carefully is because these are POKEMON games, there are plotholes all over because the writers don't really plan on twenty-somethings trying to build something out of a structure that dips low enough for kids to play. That being said, most all of this is my own opinion and can be taken and twisted or discarded as you see fit for your own stories.
>>
>>32064750
I getcha now senpai'.

I do actually have a few ideas regarding it, but I should probably save them for the stories. Thanks for reminding me of them.
>>
File: N disgusted.png (81KB, 370x294px) Image search: [Google]
N disgusted.png
81KB, 370x294px
>>32043071
>he writes stories of himself with his waifu
>>
Good morning chaps. How are you in this fine day?
>>
>>32065947
Awaiting the pendulum's return swing.
>>
>>32036725
>scouring naming websites and writing down everything pretty

It's the most autistic way so it makes me the most happy
>>
>>32064750

I've read stories where "wild" Pokemon tend to have an adjustment period before they get used to life among civilization, I find the concept interesting but not really necessary due to how adaptable Pokemon seem to be as a whole. I guess my main gripe is stories that attempt to humanize Pokemon attitudes and technology that their story loses any of the sense of weird primal culture that makes the Pokemon universe so interesting.
>>
>>32067820
>how adaptable Pokemon seem to be
>stories that attempt to humanize Pokemon attitudes
You like Pokemon that are adaptable but not after they completely adapt?
>>
boop
>>
>>32067820

What would be considered a balance between being primal/wild/feral and civilized, and how much technology it takes to ruin a story?

Mine, I admit, is set in an expy Industrial era. Would Pokemon setting up an industrial society be that odd?
Civilization, to our knowledge, needs industrialization as a big next step, not to survive but to thrive and grown, and with that, comes "humanization" because it was also the era of a lot of liberal policy, philosophy, and ideology.
I see it interesting at how Pokemon would do such policy and such, especially given the immense variation species to species, type to type, which I'm trying to write about.

Speaking of my story, I finally found enough time from classes to write the next chapter: https://archiveofourown.org/works/9861455/chapters/22783706
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12359877/1/Donker-Samenleving
>>
File: 1489414184307.jpg (90KB, 592x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489414184307.jpg
90KB, 592x1024px
I've seen a lot of talk of personified villains being the source of the protagonists conflict, but I've never really been drawn to writing stories with that kind of set up. My characters, overwhelmingly, go up against life in general.

For example, one starts their journey earlier than recommended and is afraid that if they appear in public too much, they'll be found and dragged back home. There are of course people at the root of this fear, but they are not these deep, evolving antags. In fact, they are not nearly as scary as this small child's imagination makes them out to be.

Another protag is just poor as dirt and struggling to afford the mon they desperately want because of its potential to add joy to their joyless life. No evil bad guy is forcing them to live in poverty--their own life choices are the reason for their misery. I could even go on to say that this character's is a struggle against their own self-defeating behavior and victim complex.

So I ask you, anons, how would you define a conflict for plots that don't have a Big Bad Mr. Evil at the end of the protag's journey? I expected this to be a more popular topic, but somehow most regulars here know how to make engaging villains without making them transparent smarmy fucks.
>>
>>32067926

It's only when they adapt exactly like humans would that I have a problem with it. It's a hard sale, for instance, when a story insists that Pokemon depend on boats and primitive vehicles to get around when Pokemon with natural terrain crossing abilities are pretty much everywhere, or have complicated power plants when Electric-types could probably do the job just fine. I think ScytheRider's Eon Fable is a good example of mixing Pokemon elements and advancements in civilization well. There is advanced architecture and technology and the like, but they feel like a natural extension of the Pokemon universe rather than cramming Pokemon into a blatantly human society.

>>32070471

I don't think there's any "limit" per se, just the way the technology is implemented that matters. If a Pokemon society could perform some basic task easily enough with nothing but their natural abilities, why spend an inordinate amount of effort inventing technology for it? There should be some sort of justification for why the technology your setting uses comes into existence, and the realization that on any given day a gang of superpowerful freaks could come strolling into town that the standard human social order probably isn't going to work. Come up with your own interpretations of science and politics and the like that actually makes sense for the setting.
>>
>>32071280
Difference between antagonist and villain, and tott specified the latter. A quirk of wording is all.

Some people would say the antagonist of an internal conflict is the protagonist themselves, others would assign it to something more abstract or conceptual like 'society'. I honestly wouldn't, but that difference is mere technicality; I have a stricter definition of antagonist than they have of conflict.

Internal conflicts are plenty viable, and can go in a lot of interesting directions. I don't consider myself exemplary in any way, but the two stories I've written have had internal(ish) conflict elements.

That's the most basic 'definition', if that's what you're looking for. Internal conflict vs external conflict. There's furtehr variables, again, like assigning the antagonist role to something external yet abstract, but that's a big basic division to look at if you want.

If your question is what makes a good one? There's as many answers as there are well-written characters and well-written settings combined.
>>
Which is best: 1st-person, 2nd-person, or 3-person?
Which one is generally most comfortable to read when it comes to fapfics?
>>
>>32072381
They do different things, but the 'default' is third, which is also the most flexible. The other two are for niche cases; 1st is usually for journal/log-style stories, and sometimes short stories with specific framing. 2nd is basically just CYOA and greentext.

I could see any of the three being used for fapfics tee bee aych
>>
>>32072381
1st-person depends on what the 1st-person is doing, write it good and the reader learns a new trick!
2nd-person sucks if ''you'' do someting you wouldn't do
3-person is always hot unless its cuck
>>
File: Britishnipquestion.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
Britishnipquestion.png
602KB, 963x720px
alolan love update when
>>
>>32072457
I now root for 3rd person cucking
>>
>>32072381
I like first person myself since it forces the reader into one perspective and makes them think how other characters react to the mc's choice. There's a decent blend of descriptive cues and vagueness brought by one perspective that makes things interesting
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
>>32072381
Third person limited with narrative internal dialogue mixed in is the superior meme.
>>
>>32035911
reddit
>>
Whoever's managing the catalog atm, can you remove stories from me that have pastebin links? I needed the space, and I might put them somewhere else. I mean to, at least.

(And then I have another excuse to update my stories in the catalog like I keep saying I'll do and then don't)
>>
>>32078450
>see this
>Go back to Ledian story to bookmark asap
>it's deleted
Well fuck. Where do you plan on reuploading?
>>
>>32078799
Like I said, I mean to. A bookmark wouldn't help you anyway after deletion. I'll probably put standalone stuff up on AO3 and FFN in their own story. I did it once before but it got no attention so I deleted it, but this time they have nowhere else to be so they have a reason to exist other than pageview inflation.

My biggest impediment is I'm not convinced they're good.
>>
>>32078831
They are good though.

>>32078799
I could upload a quick-expiring copy on pastebin for you to download if you need it right now anon.
>>
>>32078864
please do. I still read the story now and then to warm myself up on hard days.
>>32078831
I think they're good, though I speak only as a reader and not a writer
>>
>>32078831
>but it got no attention
how much attention you want?
>>
>>32079265
Well I started to put them up on FFN hoping that my profile would continue to get traffic after I'd finished BSTF. This didn't happen, and I didn't feel like many of the stories were worth putting up there as opposed to just pastebin hosting, so I took them down.

Again, now that that's changed, they have another reason to be put up there. So I'll get back to that.

So... as for attention? Dunno, whatever put eyes on my stuff. I guess it had more eyes than I initially estimated where they used to be.

I need the space for a different, original project how though, unfortunately.
>>
>>32079413
>different, original project
nsfw?
>>
>>32017115
So what's your opinion on romance/shipping in stories that aren't primarily romance stories?
>>
>>32079934
No. And it probably won't be ready for a long while yet anyhow. Pastebin space is for a set of information exchanges with my work partner on that, it's nowhere ready to go.

It is why my output has dropped to near-nothing here, though. Sorry about that.
>>
>>32078799
My one-shots will be going into here
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10317743/chapters/22814507
Starteing with the one you wanted!
>>
>>32080048
bookmarked, downloaded, saved, all that fun stuff. Thanks Ee4ee. Wont let it slip my grasp again
>>
>>32080108
I'm not sure how to feel about people keeping saved copies of my stuff, but after this I suppose I can't blame you.

I'm glad you enjoy my work! I'll have something new, soon.
>>
>>32080191
>I'm not sure how to feel about people keeping saved copies of my stuff
Server backups, Cloudflare, Google, PRISM.
The internet is forever.
At least the readers who save your stuff are people who like you. The above see you only as a data point to exploit.
That said, as somebody who is still tweaking typos and precise wordings of things many years old, that the old versions are beyond my ability to polish is a mild irritant. But that's what I get for not being perfect the first time.
>>
File: lucas.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
>>32080230
>that the old versions are beyond my ability to polish is a mild irritant.

George please.
>>
File: 1293791189277.gif (3KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
1293791189277.gif
3KB, 560x373px
>>32080230
>somebody who is still tweaking typos and precise wordings of things many years old

I see I'm not alone.

It is a curse. Once you start, you can't stop. Unless you're a perfectionist, I don't recommend doing extensive editing on old stuff.
>>
>>32080255
Kek.
I said polish, not turn inside out.
If only I were so talented as to create a story that would, like a prion, cause to self-assemble an army of geeks, only to come back decades later and destroy everything that they loved, laughing at their pain while wearing a yukata woven with cotton reclaimed from hundred-dollar bills they'd given me; O, to be a true villain, a magnificent artist whose medium is not pen nor film, but the very delight of those willing to live a fraction of their imagined lives in my realm.

Alas, the most I can accomplish is clarification of poorly visualized narration and typographical errors that somehow survived dozens of reads.

>>32080366
>Unless you're a perfectionist
Worse: I'm not, but I've convinced myself that I am, or could accomplish being, one.
>>
>>32079954
Finding live on the battlefield is A-Ok. It's not fine when it becomes Degrassi with Pogeymen.

Just with fanfiction in general, the reader will know when the love interest is the author's own Waifu and that's usually when it goes downhill.
>>
>>32081385
>the reader will know when the love interest is the author's own Waifu and that's usually when it goes downhill.

Fuck. Gotta keep my erection to a minimum while writing in order to hide my sexual affinity for bipedal mons
>>
>>32081905
You're allowed to have six so they can surround you and help you hide it
>>
>>32081986
>having all six in close proximity to you
why don't you just recommend one of them bury it while you're at it
>>
>>32054763
I sat down now to try and read through this....but holy shit.
Is it just me or is the author horribly, horribly out-of-touch with normal human interaction? I can't jerk it to two people who are on groping terms with each other within minutes of encountering one another.
I don't frequent Pokemon fanfics enough to know if this story is the standard, but jeez...
>>
Did OrangeAnon ever come back?
>>
>>32082183
>two people who are on groping terms with each other within minutes of encountering one another.

You need to get out more. It's happened to me before. Parties are wonderful things, anon.

Also

>expecting realism from a smut story

Oh you.
>>
>>32082557
No time to have a relationship with a person, just need another body that says "OK" to go full octopus with
>>
>>32081905
Tell us which 'Mons are on the team.

Preferably, tell me the team has a theme or motif? Maybe a Rescue Rangers team, a PMD explorers group, an all-terrain order?
>>
Any bittersweet love stories you guys would recommend?
i already read Ears
>>
>>32082800
That's more flattering than you know.
>>
>>32082800
How bitter and sweet we are talking about
>>
File: faggot.jpg (10KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
10KB, 200x219px
>>32084169
anon, I don't mean to the ludicrous degree the story entails.

You must be a special kind of stupid to think that.

>Assfuck, Egypt

I'm from Australia, just because you can't get laid and never spend time around people that aren't direct relatives, doesn't mean you have to insult people, mate.
>>
Hi guys,

I'm looking to write a quick one-shot about a male trainer and a female pokemon. (NSFW) I've got some ideas myself, but I figured it'd be fun to do a request instead. If you have any particular pokemon you would like to see, and/or a good setting, let me know!
>>
File: tsareena.png (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tsareena.png
142KB, 500x500px
>>32084432
Requesting a story about an arrogant, bitchy Tsareena angering her trainer enough to make him put her in her place, spanking her big fruity booty to teach her a lesson she'll never forget and then rough fucking her in the ass and pussy.
>>
File: 13489947905_783d23ab68_o.gif (3MB, 436x359px) Image search: [Google]
13489947905_783d23ab68_o.gif
3MB, 436x359px
>>32084578
>spanking
no. everything but that is good tho
>>
>>32083725
maximum levels
>>
File: willitblend.jpg (37KB, 620x419px) Image search: [Google]
willitblend.jpg
37KB, 620x419px
>>32084578
Is this rhubarb the new Gardevoir or is it just one anon always asking for slutty salad?

pic related, it's me and my high speed frooty booty spanking machine
>>
>>32085036
She's gen VII's popular female Mon if that is what you are asking.
I suspect that Stenee is more popular, but Tsareena is pretty damn blatant.
>Legs that are used for modeling
>Pokédex description has her kicking enemies when she's down, boisterously laughing
>May turn against trainer if his battle plan sucks

I doubt I'm the only one here wanting to see stuff with her though I may be the only one that wants to knock her down a peg or two.
>>
Whatever happened to that Lurantis fic from a month or so ago, was it ever finished?
>>
>>32084578
>>32085036

To be honest, I like Lurantis a lot more than Tsareena, though the latter I have no problem writing about either.

So, to summarize, a trainer teaching his Tsareena a rough lesson because of her bitchy behavior.

Do you have any more preferences or will it be enough? Because without any more specifics, I'll just let my fantasy run loose ;)
>>
>>32085692
OR. Other than what is described in >>32084578 you're good to go.
Most I can think of is throwing in more buttstuff kinks, such as spanking during anal, groping/nibbling her sore ass, and him taunting/chasting her for the bullshit he had to put up with until she pleas for mercy/forgiveness
Tldr go and break the haughty
>>
File: lewdlycheesey.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
lewdlycheesey.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>32085795
Don't forget to heat up some Velveeta and drizzle it all over and then smear it around with a butter knife
>>
>>32085795
Will do my best! Can take me a couple of days to finish, so please be a little patient. I'll link your request in my next reply once I'm done :)
>>
>>32086333
Nice. Will keep an eye out for you until then.
>>
>>32017115
most essential part to a villain is that they be villainous. what's next is that their villainy makes sense. like "evil to be evil" will always be better than "evil for reasons that make no fucking sense." in order to make a hero a villain you need a "critical flaw". you can't just have the main character 180 and go edge mode. there needs to be a reason. for example "hero wants to protect X" . then you add the critical flaw "hero will sacrifice Y to protect X." now the hero is a villain. there are much better ways to do this but this is the basics. to turn a villain into a hero is easier. just remove the critical flaw. "villain wants to destroy Y, hero needs Y." to "X has occured, villain no longer needs to or wants to destroy Y.". to build a villain up as a convincing threat just demonstrate power. and by power I don't mean brute strength, I mean showcase what makes them so threatening whether it be intellect or resources.
>>
So, its been a while. looking to write a new chapter of flash plat but stress and other projects have been keeping me from writing anything. any of you guys know a way for me to get lax enough to write again?
>>
What do you think about simple stories, with mostly only dialogue? I mean stories with not much happening, just a couple of characters sitting around talking. Conversations being short, but just cute or simple.

"Release!"

"No."

"Please?"

"I said no."

"Pretty please, with a berry on top?"

"Still not releasing."

I've been reading a few stories like this, though with a bit more going on. Personally, I don't mind them, and depending on the time, I like them. But these types are so rare it seems not many care about them.
>>
>>32087720
I'm also okay with these stories, but I think the general idea is that you have to have a bunch of narration to make it a real story. This isn't necessarily true, but a lot of people believe it. Plus, people aren't usually just talking, they're alsodoing stuff, like washing dishes, walking, riding the bus, etc at the same time.
>>
>>32086385
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12407648/1/Tsareena (NSFW)

For anybody who's in the mood for a quick Tsareena lewd fic, link will take you to a human x pokemon lemon I wrote for the kind anon who requested it. I hope you'll guys enjoy :D
>>
>>32087619
Writing should be your curative for said stress.

Other projects, that's your choosing to work on them and not on this.

You just wrote that post, it could've been 42 words on your story. You're writing but you forgot to notice.

>>32087720
The two-people-talking scene is difficult to write well. That sample, for example, is the nadir, as it's a long expression of the Narrator stating, "X refused obstinately."
>not even a cherri berry, to help un-paralyze his intransigent adherence to denial of N's petitions.

A fast-paced dialogue (fast enough that the Narrator doesn't often find chances to describe body language and tags fall off because the speakers switch with a sensible rhythm) works well for one character to work out a problem verbally with the aid of a foil. It can let a character speak objectively about himself, or come to a necessary conclusion that he wouldn't normally come to—this can become character development, or simply a means to defeat the current conflict.

The highest form is surely debate, but unless you're The Sunset Limited, that's difficult to work with in a greater narrative context. But I think there's a good Symposium on the technique if you want to write about a Platonic couple or few speaking freely.
>>
>>32088347
>Take days
>Done in a few hours
Well, that went by a lot quicker than I anticipated. You came up with a pretty good reason for pissing off the trainer. While it was a quickie, I do think a bit more detail could go into Tsareena's resistance during the spanking, like her shooting out swears and profanities with each swat, demanding release until she starts begging for him to stop. Still nice to see someone deliver a request for once here. Thanks man!
Was also hoping that she still stayed in denial or didn't want to be fugged rather than consenting at the last moment. Would nail down hard on the lesson learned.
>>
So cge I'm gonna go ahead and ask the REAL question everyone's been wondering: what's Li'l Sis' real name?
>>
>>32091004
>genuine curiosity out of nowhere
I suppose I'll have to pick one, someday. Perhaps in time for Book Half-Life3?
>>
>>32088347
Thanks for that, dude. I enjoyed it more than I expected to.
>>
>>32091247
>out of nowhere
So little in your stories is explained thay reader curiosity abounds. Sometimes it's a good thing, but other times, not so much.
>>
>>32091302
I had him explain to me, in depth, Ocimene pokeballs. It was super enlightening!
>>
>>32091302
By out of nowhere, I mean that I didn't expect an edition of the thread that has obsessed over spanking houseplants to ask about the given name of a background character in a story I haven't updated (save typos and tweaks) in years on a Friday at midnight.
>>
>>32091371
>I haven't updated (save typos and tweaks)
Speaking of this, I've noticed you've been re-uploading the revised chapters of LL without posting them here. I still think people might like to know about it!
>>
>>32091393
I'm just trickling it on AO3 to whore some attention from new eyes. Typos and tweaks; nothing relevant to how the story goes is changing. (And I'm sure some things are still slipping through. I seem to change my mind on how to write "bedstand/bed-stand/bed stand" every hundred thousand words, which is about as often as the word appears in my corpus.)

>Noticing re-uploading
>ll;dr, ce;dr, ap;dr, ev;dr, etc;lol
>>
>>32089274
I had time to finish it, and like you said, it was a quickie ;) I hope you still enjoyed even though a bit more detail could've been added. Also, that last part is more or less her lewd side speaking. In the end, it was semi/nc. Fact is, she'll think twice of being an arrogant bitch the next time ;)
>>
>>32091289
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
>>
Boop
>>
up
>>
>>32094970
higher, higher!
>>
File: 119.gif (799KB, 607x607px) Image search: [Google]
119.gif
799KB, 607x607px
I'm going to bully each and every one of your waifus and there's literally nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>32097864
jokes on you, I don't have one
>>
File: 14338806807682.jpg (38KB, 316x331px) Image search: [Google]
14338806807682.jpg
38KB, 316x331px
>>32097884
>choosing to live an unfulfilled and empty life
the joke is still on you
>>
>>32097909
>needing a waifu for that
I'm the one laughing though
>>
File: 1479065371187.jpg (24KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1479065371187.jpg
24KB, 480x479px
>>32097920
Having a waifu is an integral part of it, though since you are lacking one you wouldn't be able to understand what you're mssing
>>
>>32097934
I don't think my boyfriend would approve of having a waifu though
>>
>>32097998
If he really cared about you he would want you to experience true happiness, obviously
>>
>>32097864
>>32097884
No waifus here, either.

As if I need to be snubbed with prejudice by an imaginary figment, too.
>>
File: pixiv60602389_3.png (258KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv60602389_3.png
258KB, 707x500px
>>32097864
Yes, please bully Moon. Or write a fic about ya boi doing so with glee. I really miss when /guz/ put out semi-decent content.
>>
>>32097864
What exactly constitutes a waifu here? Half my characters are shacked up with someone, and only one member of all the couples belongs to my favorite line of pokemon.
>>
>>32099240
who's to say charles isn't my waifu
>>
i'll write some requests, nsfw or not, just respond here with your request and i'll get to work.
>>
File: 175px-Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png (79KB, 175x452px) Image search: [Google]
175px-Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png
79KB, 175x452px
>>32100157
If you're into rape I'd like to throw in a humilation fic idea for Pike Queen Lucy from Emerald version Battle frontier. She was quite arrogant towards the player character, reluctantly signing frontier pass. I'd like to see her get knocked down/humiliated by Brendan, who is upset when she refuses to sign frontier pass for completing open level challenge. What methods are done I'll leave up to you, as long as she eventually breaks down into tears. As an option, MC can fill her up with numerous rounds of his seed
>>
File: Steenee.png (159KB, 1087x798px) Image search: [Google]
Steenee.png
159KB, 1087x798px
>>32100157
Requesting a story based on pic related, with trainer having lewd time with a big butt/thick hipped Stenee. Lots of groping and squeezing recommended
>>
Have you folks played a Pokemon Tabletop Game?

And to keep the thread alive, tell me about settings and stories you will probably never fully write out but want to get out of your head.

Stuff like ideas for merging Agrabah with Pokemon, or how a Charizard's fire tail makes office life hard.
>>
>>32101482
All I'd need to do is spend a week and whip up a prototype PMD system and just go vanilla all the way through while shitting out worldbuilding and fanon. I find it difficult to believe that a main game campaign would go well aside from a massive resource management simulator, leaving little of the same room for character and plot that PMD bypasses completely. I mean, with the release of Super, there's so much fertile ground to work that it's ridiculous. If someone went through each game and actually made the detailed maps for each continent that are somehow nonexistent anywhere on the internet, then that's already an entire setting ripe with conflict, treasure, and progress. You'd JUST need an imagination and a working system, but that's always the hard part.
>>
File: 24552c4af2464ccd999e924ab5c1b170.png (506KB, 1280x1603px) Image search: [Google]
24552c4af2464ccd999e924ab5c1b170.png
506KB, 1280x1603px
>>32101482
I had a story I was plotting about an OC becoming a new trial captain, which ended up getting folded into another story that was basically a sequel to SM.
Actually the sequel story was also supposed to be set in a world with PTU mechanics. I was planning on featuring "Ultra Humans" based on the Elementalist classes.
I even made character sheets for a few of the SM characters for it.
In the end I started to think it was a little too goofy and shelved it. I haven't really felt up to writing fanfic in a while anyway.
>>
>>32101482
I've listened to the audio from one: "Dungeons and Dragonites" (it's on YouTube and probably elsewhere). In a nutshell, they took normal D&D fantasy-land, added "Pokemon have begun appearing," set "Trainer" as a supplemental class, and set the level of domestication as "a few people have befriended pokemon, but not many." So pokemon are either used like an animal companion that can fight for the player, or a Wild Shape option, and they appear as random encounters and occasional minibosses.

It was pretty balanced, enough PKMN for flavor and to make it different, not enough to make it stop being D&D.

>>32101566
>PMD
Disease.
>>
File: you.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>32102287
>Disease.
>>
>>32102322
Slander! That doesn't look a thing like me.

I wear socks with my sandals.
>>
>>32102352
>socks with my sandals.
>>
>>32101566
Pokemon Tabletop United and Pokerole have PMD expansions. However, Pokerole is lighter and the backside of their expansion has a guide in making your own random dungeons.

What type of stuff do you want to add?

>>32101663
Go over the Ultra Humans again. They sound familiar but I can't recall at this hour. I'm sure other readers would like to learn.

>>32102287
I'll check it out. I know Kotaku of all places host a sci-fi Pokemon campaign.

>Captcha: Morrisons slashing
I'd actually like to see him tackle Pokemons
>>
>>32103283
>multiversal god particle

It's like I've got Final Crisis in my hands right this moment.
>>
>>32103283
>>32101566
Maybe go over the timeline too? Like when (and where) do the games take place relative to each other? I imagine if you're making a tabletop setting, you'll need to know these things.
>>
>>32103379
It would depend if you want to tie them all together like in Super, or pull a Planescape and just constantly add more places.
>>
>>32103567
How did Super do it?
>>
>>32103970
Super tied them all together as having happened recently enough.

Team A.C.T. from Rescue Team is one of your earlier recruits.
The Guild from Explorers is still around, as you meet the NPCs of them almost everywhere and they talk about each other.
Gates is the interesting one, since there's an NPC from it that can throw a wrench into most PMD stories if you aren't familiar with him.

In fact, go play Gates first.
>>
Speaking of PMD,

How advanced do you imagine their Civilization to be, in your head?

Just tell me what type of gear and buildings they'd have available to them if I asked you to start writing a story for it, then pulled a gun on you
>>
>>32103283
I can't remember if it's based on something said in the games or someone's headcanon I read online somewhere, but I based the idea I had for the Ultra Humans on the idea that the Ultra Beasts we saw were the equivalent of common pokemon from the normal verse. Basically I figured for humans to be able to survive in a world where your average pokemon was a lot stronger, they had to be a lot stronger too, and the Elementalist classes from PTU seemed like a good way to showcase that while also potentially making them very alien.
What was going to happen in the story was that something happened and Ultra Beasts were starting to show up again, and this time some Ultra Humans were coming along for the ride too.
I never really fleshed out why they were coming to the pokemon world, though. I wanted them to be antagonistic but I didn't want to do something as boring as "they're all just insane and like causing destruction".
>>
>>32105507
You could steal some notes from science fiction stories.

Maybe they are ruthlessly cunning, in a Sparta "Strength above All" way that appeals to HFY people, but their losses in compassion means they can't befriend Ultra Beasts or normal 'Mons and work their way out of their hole.

You could treat them as living in Fallout shelters and that screwing with their mind. It lets you explore things more since you only have to explain why "those dude/ttes" are weird and not how an entire Civilization had to survive like that.
>>
File: pixiv61314818_12.jpg (329KB, 591x875px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv61314818_12.jpg
329KB, 591x875px
Well I clearly didn't finish my valentine fic by the 14th of this month either. However, it's coming along nicely. I'd say I'm about 70% done with it. It's very likely to be out by august 7th. Earlier, even!

It's about a scrafty trying to communicate a desire for friendship to a girl he sees around a lot.
>>
>>32105986
>a desire for friendship to a girl
Going straight to the friendzone to save her the trouble of putting him there? He really does understand and care for her!
>>
>>32105259

It really depends on the town. The typical PMD village likely has medieval era technology at best, but the bigger cities like you see in PMD may very well have grown in architecture and manufacturing to the point that they're pretty much just before the American industrial revolution (in other words, late 18th century tech).

I really don't like having guns/electrical systems/vehicles in my interpretations of PMD because I think it trivializes all the interesting skills and unique abilities that specific Pokemon species can apply to everyday life.
>>
File: Blaziken.gif (31KB, 178x237px) Image search: [Google]
Blaziken.gif
31KB, 178x237px
it begins

I never wrote the birb'n'bote story so one of the characters is missing an introductory piece. Ah well, might write it after this one is done, if anyone is curious about her backstory
>>
File: 1489191705950.jpg (371KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1489191705950.jpg
371KB, 1000x1250px
>>32105259
>>32101482
Question bumps,

Let's get some others to contribute to keep the thread alive through the weekend.

Honestly, this place seems to move quickly.
>>
>>32110321
>this place seems to move quickly
It lurches forward then idles till Page 10 a few times. The question is if it's because it only moves when multiple regulars happen to check it at about the same time, or if so many are busy writing that they aren't supporting conversation.
>>
>>32021864
Still bumping for any references
>>
>>32110364
Out of curiosity, do you currently have any more plans for that lucario and blind trainer pair? I always thought they were interesting.
>>
Getting started always sucks.
>>
>>32113602
Yeah but pretty soon you'll be coasting.

And then you hit the first major bump as you transition between acts.
>>
>>32113780
Actually the transition from the first to second section is probably going to be the EASIEST transition, aside from going from three to four. The worst bit of the transition will be the fact Chapter 1 ends on a fight.

and not even a fair one
>>
>>32111490
Like LL, Any Port is a story I cooked up based upon a(n erstwhile) reader's vague idea and character roughs that I integrated into my grand scheme.

I had expected them to make a proper appearance in LL and possibly later works, but because their creator is no longer interested in reading my writing, and the character is much an insert of said creator, I abbreviated that encounter to a bare minimum that would serve the necessary plot development functions (LL20a) and I will likely never portray that person's characters again, respectfully. ∎
>>
>>32113935
Damn, that is a pretty rough ending for the chapter you've got ahead of you then.

What story is this anyhoo?
>>
>>32114206
One you were looking forward too, IIRC. See;
>>32107007
>>
>>32114216
Aww hell yeah son. It's time.
>>
>>32115572
It wont be time for quite awhile yet, at the glacial pace I'm writing x.x

I'm also not sure if I want to divide it into 4-5 chapters or keep it one long chain of shortish scenes like the last one.
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
>>32100157
is this man still alive?
>>
>>32119352
What kind of request you want fampire?
>>
File: frillish_by_xchima_d6e1vrd.png (471KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
frillish_by_xchima_d6e1vrd.png
471KB, 900x506px
>>32119621
Literally any story with a female frillish, preferably a cute NSFW story involving her and her trainer
>>
>>32120470
>>32119621
or hell, in fact, a story about a male swimmer (any gen or made up) encountering one that loves to glomp/surprise hug him (to his initial annoyance?) during his swim sessions if you need a premise. Still gets lewd though
>>
File: -1.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>32120536
>male swimmer (any gen or made up)
Gen -1?
Finally, the Mario/Pokemon crossover we never knew that we needed.
>>
>>32121200
Cge plz
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6161819/733/Pokedex new entry in my pokedex series up, Toucannon's this time.
>>
File: IMG_4100.png (2MB, 2270x1690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4100.png
2MB, 2270x1690px
I'm planning a fanfiction where a bunch of Dragalges attack a ship and a Pokémon onboard drives them off. What would be the best Pokémon for the job?
>>
>>32123581
There are 700+ mons at this point. There's no one good answer.
>>
>>32123581
>What would be the best Pokémon for the job?

Anything that either resists its typing or is good at attacking it.

Dual Psychic-Fairy types would be good, because they can counter Dragalge, but are also weak to it as well, making for something that's not completely mary sue from the get go.

Unfortunately, the only Psychic Fary types are Mr Mime, Gardevoir and Top Lel.

Or you could just pick any Dragon type.
>>
>>32123581
One of the ground/water types like Swampert. Resists poison, can swim to fight in the water, access to super effective ground/ice moves.
>>
>>32123679

The battle would be on a ship so I don't think Earthquakes or Magnitude would work well.
>>
>>32123873
Ever heard of a tsunami?
Guess what makes those.
Now, put the shaking at the top of the water instead of the bottom.
Splish splash.
>>
>>32123581
shedinja
>>
>>32123380

Oh it's YOU! I love your Pokédex series! You're good at world building and your style reminds me of the in-game lore in the Fable games.
>>
>>32123380
royalty has come to vpwt!
>>
>>32121200
Damn son, I didn't realize I needed this.
>>
>>32126370
>>32126474

Thanks. I was always here (just usually anon) I haven't actually played Fable, but now I'm curious.
>>
Up
>>
>>32127300

I wrote my own Dragalge Pokédex entry and I used a bit of inspiration from yours because I loved the idea of using Dragalges as area denial Pokémon. I may rewrite it in the future though.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=rmvjixctp256gfq3p86y66ma&page=329
>>
>>32100157
If you're there, how goes the stories?
>>
>>32129089
>outdated index
How am I supposed to find anything post- gen IV?
>>
>>32130909
>Not following the very opening link
Here, the mostly updated index.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/ThePokedexExtendedFanonEdition?from=Main.ThePokedexExtendedFanonEdition

I still need to upgrade my entries there.
>>
Boop
>>
still not dead, almost to chapter 17 in rough
>>
>>32021864
Last bump
>>
>>32115877
>glacial
Global warming please we need more.
>>
>>32140024
Still working on it!

what would people think if it didn't have smut?
>>
File: 1487277857395.png (175KB, 988x643px) Image search: [Google]
1487277857395.png
175KB, 988x643px
>>32140321
>no smut
Good.
>>
>>32017115
Hello fellow anons
In your opinion, what makes more sense for the story of Black and White? Hilbert having Reshiram and N having Zekrom, or the other way? And why? It's an idea for some fanfic I have in the making.

Honestly it makes more sense for me for Hilbert to have Reshiram and N having Zekrom. But I want to hear your opinions too
>>
Test
>>
>>32140837
>>32140837
>Honestly it makes more sense for me for Hilbert to have Reshiram and N having Zekrom
That makes sense to me.

>>32140321
It doesn't matter, don't force it if it won't fit.
that sounds wrong
>>
>>32017115
I've already dropped it into the Pheromosa thread, but here. It's short and took way too long.

http://pastebin.com/whPGyXk8

Warning; NSFW. Like, a lot.
>>
>>32140321
That it'll come later
>>
>>32140712
>>32140874
Huh. Won't lie, I felt a bit obligated because the predecessor featured it, but I was struggling to find exactly where it'd happen.

>>32141466
If there's another one coming after this, there definitely would be a place for it. I guess I'll see what people think of this one, whenever I can put it out.
>>
>this thread has been alive for the last 3 years

wow...
>>
>>32017115
I don't see pedestal on this list why?
>>
>>32141799
it's taught in high school now so every one already knows it
>>
File: 1483985686902.jpg (67KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
1483985686902.jpg
67KB, 500x630px
>>32141510
Really it should show up if it makes sense for it to and it flows in naturally. If it doesnt, then hey, it doesn't.

Remember what you told me a coupla weeks ago about forcing scenes?
>>
>>32142449
>Remember what you told me a coupla weeks ago about forcing scenes?
You have cge to thank for that advice, actually. One of the many wise things he told me when BSTF hit its midpoint rough spot.

It... does not make a lot of sense in this story.
>>
>>32141799
The catalog only has stories from /vpwt/ writefags who ask to have a story added. It would be hard to keep a real recommendation list without it becoming bloated by the overwhelming collective shit taste of /vp/.
>>
File: Triggering co, the image.png (1MB, 852x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Triggering co, the image.png
1MB, 852x1824px
>>32142495
>overwhelming collective shit taste of /vp/.

If you think /vp/ is bad you should see /co/. The average /co/ntrarian couldn't recommend a good comic if their lives depended on it.
>>
>>32142558
>/co/ hates the hero with the greatest rogues gallery in mainstream comics

Wew
>>
>>32142625
>implying villains make the hero good

Batman a shit
>>
File: greatest.jpg (22KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
greatest.jpg
22KB, 260x300px
Done in one.
>>
>>32142481
Honestly I get frustrated when smut doesn't have a decent plot behind it, or at least a proper introduction to the events to unfold (meaning if the writing is shit then my interest is gone). Plot>>>>smut
>>
>>32017115
Fanfictions are for fags.
>>
File: 1489044794115.jpg (176KB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
1489044794115.jpg
176KB, 1200x772px
>>32142781
You sure showed us.
>>
>>32140837
In my opinion, both are perfectly interchangeable. I've never found anything that makes one scenario preferable to the other, nor have ever found a canon dependency that requires only one of the scenarios to happen; only gauge seems to be fan preferences, in fact you could play with the fanon expectation of N with a fluffy dragon (it is what most fan artwork seems to depict) and give him the rough dragon instead.

>>32142781
Welcome aboard!
>>
>>32140837
>>32142844
>I've never found anything that makes one scenario preferable to the other
Generations gives N Reshiram, for the record;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F4PiWYc1Rw
>>
>>32142895
Eh, as good as it was it also gave us "As long as I have this Blue Orb! *tosses orb*"

But re: Reshiram, I think it did for no particular reason, just for picking one. The story flows exactly the same if you exchange the roles. Though, to be fair, that can be said of most cover Legendary involvements.
>>
>>32137670
Also there's only around 6 more chapters total until I'm finally done

Then I can make more Suicune smut and move on with my life
>>
File: mai_14~2.jpg (27KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
mai_14~2.jpg
27KB, 256x363px
>>32142781
What a coincidence, literally every regular in these threads is a turbofag
>>
A good intro... would be... after《prota name here》managed to survive. She or he founds on a perfect hospital room. Where an old aged bearded doctor recives him.
>>
is this thread getting raided or something
>>
>>32143897
Nah. It's a guy whose job is to come once a month and remind us we're on 4chan.
>>
>>32140837
I think it could work either way. Reshiram represents truth, Zekrom represents ideals, and both of those concepts relate to N. N is trying to create what he considers an ideal world, but that world is founded on what he firmly believes to be the truth: Pokemon and humans should be separate (or something like that; I might be wrong, because I only know the story of BW through secondary sources). That ties him to both truth and ideals, so either dragon could work with him.

But if I had to choose one, I'd pick Zekrom, because I consider N to be a bit closer to ideals than truth. That said, I also believe Reshiram fits him better from an aesthetic perspective.

>>32140321
Personally, I think I might be a bit more inclined to read it in that case, but that's just because I'm a prude.

Out of curiosity, what exactly are you working on now? I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up with the writethread lately, so I don't know what story you're talking about here.
>>
>>32143993
Hot Cock 2. Chinese calendar year and all that.
>>
>>32144216
>hot cock 2
That pun made me grin far wider than it should have.
>>
new thread?
>>
>>32146057
I'll give it to page ten.
>>
>>32146133
Page 10 says hello
>>
>>32146470
So does a new thread!
>>32146565
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.