[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone inform me whether this game is good or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon_platinum_main_169.jpg (72KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_platinum_main_169.jpg
72KB, 588x331px
Can someone inform me whether this game is good or not?
>>
It sucks. People say it's good but it sucks.

Cyrus was a lame villain, no fire types, the Abraham reveal was anticlimactic, shitty level-scaling.

Play BW or FRLG instead.
>>
Never ask /vp/ for their opinion on a Pokemon game
>>
>>32015453
It's more fun than SM could ever dream of being.
>>
It's great. People say it sucks but it's great.
>>
>>32015453
Absolutely it is. It's the objective pinnacle of the whole series, at least next to Gen 5 anyway.
>>
>>32015517
>>32015469
Both of you are lying
People say it sucks, and it actually does suck.
>>
>>32015546
no people say its great cuz it is
>>
>>32015469
>no fire types
nice meeem cuckhold
>>
The only thing we can kind of agree on is that it's better than DP
>>
>>32015469
I think you're confusing D/P with platinum.
>>
>>32015453
As a Yurifag, even after S/M, particularly Platinum keep being my favorite.
>>
>>32015453
Pokemon? It's okay.
>>
>>32015453
arguably best game in the series. maybe tied with BW2.
>>
>>32015453
That depends, how much do you enjoy bad games?
>>
As you can see, opinions are... Mixed. Play it for yourself. On desume. Don't buy it.
>>
>>32015469
>FRLG

...U sure was Platinum the Shitty game?
>>
>>32015453
Depends on what you want. If what you're looking for are just a shit ton of easy battles, this game is great. If what you're looking for is a region really painful to explore, then this game is great.

Otherwise, not so much.
>>
It's okay, if you already hated DP though for reasons beyond the cross-gen evolutions almost all being post-game, Platinum isn't actually much better.
>>
>>32019598
>If what you're looking for are just a shit ton of easy battles,

that's the whole series though
>>
>>32015453
its the best in the series. it got its bullshit moments with HMs and the environment but its overall the best signal playar pokemon game. people who complain about the battle speed need to slow down on thier coffein intake.
>>
>>32019605
Not really. Most of the games have a few easy battles, a break or a Gym Battle, then a few more easy battles. Platinum has a shit ton of ridiculously long routes without any break from battles. Just one battle after another, with some trainer with team that's way underleveled. That's the entire fucking game.
>>
>>32015453
Overrated as fuck
>>
>>32019605
not him but i think plat is pretty hard by pokemon standards.
>>
>>32019590
FRLG are amazing remakes though, in fact they are so good they shit all over the originals by building where they left and adding more features
>>
>>32019605
I had more trouble with BW, though Platinum had those Ace Trainers in the fog route that caught me offguard
>>
>>32015453
It's the worst game in the series, with the exception of DP and HGSS. Unbelievably slow, awful region design, tedious music, nearly unplayable. Anyone who claims it's great is a child who started with the DS titles.

t. started with Blue
>>
>>32019676
Not going to opine on DP because i still need to play them

he region design isn't awful, just bland, too many routes that are just grass and trees, the snow routes were cool but they only show up briefly and you have no reason to go there anymore because its at the edge of the map and because FLY, Mt. Coronet was good as a concept but the HM shit ruined it for me, it has the absolute best forest in in the series in my opinion

I also loved the following system, i wish they continued to use that in the games, BW could have used this to develop Cheren and Bianca for example

The music was hit or miss but when it hit it really hit, Jubilife's theme still plays in my head from time to time

Pokétch was fucking cool, if it had BW's dowsing machine it would be fucking perfect, fuck that shitty online feature to be honest
>>
>>32019668
this
>>
File: oiuoikj.png (227KB, 424x442px) Image search: [Google]
oiuoikj.png
227KB, 424x442px
>>32015453
I wouldn't recommend asking /vp/ but I personally thought it was really good
>>
good game surrounded by shit since it's held back by the horrible base versions

I wish platinum was made ground up but this is gamefreak
>>
It's the best pokemon game
>>
>>32015453
It's such rancid diarrhea that it might as well be a fangame with its compelte and utter lack of quality.
>>
>>32015453
An improvement on the worst mainline games the series has had by far. It's much better than diamond and pearly but still not that great because it's based on diamond and pearl, imo it's the weakest sequel game the series has had but it's not bad.
>>
>>32015453
Worth playing
>>
File: e9d.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>32015469
>>
The best mainline Pokemon game by far.
>>
>>32015523
hilarious
try harder nigger
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.