[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Mom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: pepecnn.jpg (29KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
pepecnn.jpg
29KB, 660x574px
Is it still broken?

Mega Salamence is better now, right?
>>
I think Smogon has it still in uber because of power up punch being a swords dance that breaks sturdy/sash. I belive Mega Mence is considered better now though.
>>
I still think stab double edge is so broken. It one shots almost anything.
>>
For doubles it's fine but in singles it's still too powerful.
>>
>>32011309

So GF won't be nerfing it anymore then since they don't give a fuck about singles.
>>
>>32011313

They shouldn't, no. But that's assuming they care about megas at all anymore
>>
>>32011285
The issue about Mega Kangaskhan in OU is Seismic Toss.
>>
In the official formats Mega Kenga is fine, nowhere near as broken as last gen, and in BSS she's fallen a lot in usage, from the most used mon last gen to barely breaking the top 20 this gen. Mega Gengar has also suffered the same fate and is basically kill after all the nerfs, his usage keeps constantly dropping and he'll be out of the top 30 in terms of usage soon.

MegaMence I guess you could say is the best Mega by default now since Kanga and Gengar got defanged, but you can really feel that nerf to the -ate abilities at times, some mons that used to always die to Double Edge survive it now, and do major damage to MegaMence back in return.

Mega Lucario is just there, and thats all I can say about him, nothing much has changed for him. Honestly the only relevant megas who I can say are better this gen than they were last gen are Gyarados and Metagross, the rest either regressed or nothing changed with them.

We'll see how Mawile and Beedrill fare when they are allowed into Rated battles when the new Battlespot season starts in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>32011260
it will be until game freak fixes seismic toss
>>
They neutered Talonflame too much and Mega-Mom not enough
>>
>>32011456
>We'll see how Mawile and Beedrill fare
I imagine Mawile got a lot better because now you get that bulk instantly. With Beedrill, I think it still needs protect as priority can still royally screw it over assuming Lele hasn't set up psychic terrain.
>>
>>32011456
Why did Mega-Gengar suffer? Only regular Gengar got nurffed
>>
No
Yes

>>32011313
>they don't give a fuck about singles
Only smogonfags who only play Showdown think this. Battle Spot singles is still by far their most played format and it's very well balanced this gen compared to last gen, things like the Destiny Bond nerf were definitely made with singles in mind because of Mega Gengar, who has now declined heavily in usage
>>
>>32011456
mega gengar got nerfed? Wut?

also what's up with seismeic toss and mega mom?
>>
>>32011628
>very well balanced this gen compared to last gen
I find that hard to believe looking at how crazy the Tapu are in OU, how is it actually?
>>
>>32011659
Gengar got nerfed by losing levitate in base form.

Seismic toss has static damage, so it hits for full damage twice on mega mom.
>>
>>32011260
Mega Mom isn't broken, at least in Ubers. Mega Salamence is much better.

>>32011628
>Battle Spot singles is still by far their most played format
How far up your ass did you have to reach to come up with this? Source?

>and it's very well balanced this gen compared to last gen
But it's still ridiculously unbalanced when compared to Smogon.
>>
>>32011679
Well Tapus are good everywhere, whether they're better in OU I'm not sure. In any case, Lele and Koko are nothing compared to some of the cancer that was good last gen
>>
>>32011747
>How far up your ass did you have to reach to come up with this? Source?
You need a source to tell you singles is more played than doubles? There's a Japanese blog that had this kinda of data I can get if you really want it

>But it's still ridiculously unbalanced when compared to Smogon
Last gen sure, this gen not really. I mean, pick 3/6 is inherently more balanced than 6v6 which is why it's able to function with minimal rules.
>>
>>32011480
Mawile, or any mega for that matter, always got the bulk instantly. The only stat who used to stay the same in the first turn was speed(and anything related to changes to priority such as Prankster).
>>
>>32011851
I was referring to the assertion that BSS was played more than Smogon singles.
>>
>>32011487
>>32011659

The Levitate nerf didn't just hurt regular Gengar. In gen 6 Battlespot people would switch Gengar in on Scarfed ground users such as Chomp and Lando who were locked into Earthquake and take them them out. This would give them momentum and allow for Gengar to mega freely with his threats now gone and proceed to sweep the rest of the opposition team. This is now no longer possible.

The killer came in the form of the Destiny Bond nerf though, Gengar used to be able to spam that move like a motherfucker in order to take out mons that threatened the rest of the team and leave a massive hole in the opposition. It was utter bullshit, and I danced with joy the day I heard Destiny Bond got nerfed, it encouraged nothing but cheesy play.

The addition of Lele didn't help matters either desu with that crazy popular Scarf set of hers. No longer being a reliable switch in to Lando and Chomp is bad enough, but becoming nothing more than fodder whenever you come up against Lele, aka the most used mon in BSS, is even worse.

If I could exemplify just how bad things have gotten for Gengar, it would be that fucking Mimikyu is more of a threat than Mega Gengar. Thats how much Mega Gengar has fallen in BSS ffs, he's outclassed by the epitome of a Gimmickmon.
>>
>>32011905
>context
"their" was referring to Gamefreak, not Smogon
>>
>>32011628
Too bad 3v3 is a shit boring format only autistic japs enjoy
>>
>>32011851
>pick 3/6 is inherently more balanced than 6v6
PFFFFFFFFHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

kill yourself already
>>
>>32011905
I'm not him, but last I heard BSS had well over 100,000 players from Japan alone since that's where all the Japanese players pretty much play, they don't use Smogon.

We can take a current look at the amount of players within 200 hundred points at the top of each ladder for a clearer look. On Smogon OU, by far the most populated Smogon tier, there's 109 players withing 200 points of each other at the top of the ladder(1746-1946). In comparision to BSS, which has 974 players within 200 points of each other at the top of the ladder(1962-2162).
>>
>>32012108
It is you retard, why do you think Smogon needs 100 different rules to make 6v6 playable, the game is not designed for it
>>
>>32012121
>let's take off a huge part of the total number of battles

?
>>
>it's a "battlespot singles is totally balanced, I swear" episode
Are you the same autist from the mawile thread yesterday with the fake calcs?
>>
>>32012173
>Implying 3v3 is "playable" at any sort of competitive level

It's completely unregulated, nobody plays 3v3s competitively.
>>
>>32012262
t. smogonbabby who lives under a rock
>>
>>32012262
says fucking who? you? you sound like an idiot, you're not credible
>>
>>32012272
>>32012289
Pretty obvious samefag here, but I'll take the bait anyhow.

Assuming we got 3v3 singles without regulation beyond the default game regulation, you know what what'd happen? The game would devolve into Megamence-Aegislash-Greninja/filler: The experience. It'd be horribly unbalanced and totally centralized around those two Pokemon. Is that what you want?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 800x800px
>>32011478
Talonflame being neutered to death is a problem? The fucker is so busted it invalidates Flying-weak pokes with little effort. Its the embodiment of brainlessness/zero skill.
>>
>>32012320
>Assuming we got 3v3 singles without regulation beyond the default game regulation
???
>>
>>32012416
>It is you retard, why do you think Smogon needs 100 different rules to make 6v6 playable, the game is not designed for it

If your 3v3 mode is so balanced, you don't need smogon's "100 different rules and regulations", right?
>>
>>32012424
Right, so what are you getting at? Do you just have literally no clue what Battle Spot is?
>>
>>32012557
What I'm getting at is that your point that 3 out of 6 is so much more balanced than 6v6 it wouldn't need any of Smogon's regulations is bullshit.
>>
>>32012600
So

>Do you just have literally no clue what Battle Spot is?

I'll take that as a yes
>>
>>32011456
>she
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.