[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon who got cucked by other similar Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_5654.png (311KB, 676x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5654.png
311KB, 676x800px
Donphan used to be pretty good. I won't say phenomenal, but pretty good.

A relatively bulky ground type with access to both stealth rocks and rapid spin and a decently high attack.

Then comes excadrill, a relatively bulky ground type with the added steel typing, higher attack, more speed, access to both rapid spin and stealth rocks, and better abilities.

Personally I think Donphan is the cooler Pokemon.
>>
>>32004614
I thought it was hippowdon who cucked it.
>>
>>32004614
Ehh. Donphan is pretty sorry design-wise for an elephant. I mean, it's okay in and of itself, but that was the best elephant they could do? Meanwhile, Excadrill is a much better mole than Diglett.

In reference to what they're supposed to represent, I think Excadrill does a better job.
>>
>>32004677
Diglett > Excadrill
Donphan > future elephantmon
>>
>>32004684
Look, I understand the nostalgia factor and all, but Diglett is not a good design.
>>
>>32004690
diglett is alright
dugtrio is fucking garbage
>>
>>32004644
Nah, Donphan was OU and saw very wide usage during Gen 4 when Hippowdon was introduced. They fill entirely different roles, Donphan is a rapid spinner, Hippowdon is a sand setter.
>>
>>32004614
Darmanitan is exactly what Flareon should have been.

>better movepool
>Sheer Force
>95 Speed
>and on top of that, an even higher attack
>>
>>32004703
oh, alright. Thanks for clearing it up then.
>>
>>32004614
Give me one good reason to use Kanto Muk over Alola Muk.
>>
howdy my dudes I have a bunch of mods downloaded and installed the fuck is this shit you goddamn mongoloid explain how that makes any sense of the word out about the feelings part of the Hexagon Group of the vocals and I will be there soon as I have a job now I am a sonic fan of the vocals and I will be there soon as I have a job now
yes thank
>>
>>32004727
Nostalgia
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 800x506px)
image.jpg
99KB, 800x506px
>>
>>32004614
Excadrill is a way better Sandslash more than anything
>>
>>32004727
Might as well use the Kanto one if you like it since both are shitmons
>>
>>32004614
A Tauros who eats plant moves and raises its attack.
>>
File: ckPu0hL.jpg (16KB, 320x320px)
ckPu0hL.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>32004784
Alola Muk is OU
>>
>>32004614
Pure fighting type, monstrous attacks, slow yet respectably bulky.

Although it's not always clear cut as Machamp managed to become VGC champion twice for seniors despite Conkeldurr's presence, and they shared a tier for a short while. Of course, now they're both outclassed by many new comers in many different ways
>>
>>32004614
I feel like Ferrothorn cucked Forretress pretty hard, as it became a better hazard setter. Although Forretress still has its niche as a spinner/setter combo
>>
File: swole.jpg (30KB, 400x240px)
swole.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
>>32004876
then comes this asshole along
>>
>>32004847
It's as OU as Electivire was back in the day

Only shitters use it

btw same is true for alolan marowak lmao
>>
>>32004906
And Pheromosa. Honestly I like Buzzwole and Pheromosa, but holy shit did they make Machamp and Conkeldurr irrelevant so fast. Heracross, especially, is completely overshadowed even more because of the part-bug typing.

I kinda feel like there would be no future for my bros from here on as long as Buzzwole and Pheromosa exist
>>
>>32004933
i love buzzwole though, but i think conk and champ still have their own niche in vgc
>>
>>32004925
What's your elo?
>>
File: tapu koko.jpg (140KB, 1024x1151px)
tapu koko.jpg
140KB, 1024x1151px
>>32004933
Buzzwole is mediocre, blame Deoxys-Bug and healthy meta Tapus for this travesty.
>>
>>32004951
>buzzwole is mediocre
just because everyone uses the shitty scarf set
use Sub/Roost Bulk Up and watch teams fall
>>
>>32004614

except only idiots use Excadrill as a rapid spinner.
>>
>>32004942
not when Hariyama is currently the only pure bulky fighting type seeing use due to Fake Out. I'd like to believe the two powerhouses will make a comeback though
>>
>>32004961

>pidgey used gust!
>>
>>32004961
Subpunch is nice, but kind of niche. You have to be in a REALLY good situation to use it, whereas Pheromosa can just shit all over everything all the time.
>>
>>32004847
because tapus exist,without them it would be UU at best
>>
Remember that levitating pokemon with only one weakness who was pretty popular as a physical wall alternative to Skarmory? He could check a lot of physical attackers and force them to switch out with its access to Will-O-Wisp, he could recover a decent amount of health with Pain Split and had nice coverage with fire and electric moves.
I sure miss Weezing, pic unrelated.
>>
>>32004996
not subpunch
with bulk up and Special Investment buzz tanks hydro pumps from specs greninjas and OHKOs in return.
>>
>Same BST as Gyarados
>Opposite stat spread as Gyarados
>Similar evolution to Gyarados
>No mega
>>
>>32005373
Milo is more like Suicune role wise anyway. Not getting a mega in the remakes was bullshit tho
>>
File: images.png (11KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
11KB, 260x194px
Speed booster Rooster sucks.
>>
>>32008838
It's also banned, be thankful.
>>
>>32008838
I never liked Blaziken. Its face looks off to me.
>>
>>32004690
Because it's simple?
>>
>>32005079
Kek

But weezing is so under appreciated. Its actually usable and good. At least it was in gen 3/4.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.