[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fall of Mega Gengar- He got fucked edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: RIP Sweet Prince.jpg (24KB, 286x320px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Sweet Prince.jpg
24KB, 286x320px
Mega Gengar was my go to mega in Battlespot last gen, the dude was so good and could win games for you by himself. Enter Gen 7, and regular Gengar loses Levitate, which along with the nerf to Mega Milfs Parental Bond and the nerfs to the -ate abilities was a sign that GameFreak were beginning to reign in the major threats of the previous Battlespot seasons.

Losing Levitate hurt Gengar since it meant he could no longer switch in on threats such as Chomp, Lando-T, Excadrill and Mamoswine, which was a major blow, since Gengar would previously have been able to force out Scarfed Lando, Excadrill and Chomp users and gain momentum for your team.

This was a setback and would have been ok in isolation, but then Destiny Bond got BTFO'd as well, with GF changing it's mechanics to work similar to moves such as Protect and thus no longer spammable.

The final nail in the coffin however was the introduction of a certain Tapu named Lele and her terrain. Initially Lele wasn't thought of as a threat since M-Gengar naturally outsped her, but eventually people figured out that due to the combination of her high SpA and her ability, Lele didn't need to use Specs or Life orb, she could just use Choice Scarf to outpseed the main threats to her, such as a certain M-Gengar, and BTFO them, whilst still retaining the ability to do a fuckton of neutral damage to others.

Once the Scarf Lele set became the most common set. as well as Lele herself becoming the single most used mon in Battlespot singles, Gengar was done for. He could possibly have survived the first two punches and been able to retain his spot as one of the best mons in the tier, but the third punch from Lele was a knockout blow, and now Gengar has fallen from grace.
>>
>>32002474
All thoughout Gen 6, Gengar was always in the top 3 in usage, in pretty every format, now this gen he can't even break the top 20, and his usage is constantly dropping with the ever increasing prevalence of Scarf Lele and Chomp, meaning he'll be out of the top 30 soon.

The reign of Mega Gengar is over anons, and it pains me to even admit it. It was a good ride though.

Rest well sweet Prince, Also fuck Tapu Lele, the butterfly is nothing but cancer, Mega Gengar isn't the only mon she's massively screwed over.
>>
>>32002474
>Looks at Mega Kanga
:'^)
>>
Gengar is still good dudes wtf. Honestly this isn't as heartbreaking to me as it maybe for others. The typical Mega Gengar perish trap + disable set is absolutely disgusting. Glad it's dropping in usage if it's true
>>
>>32002474
If you are scared about Scarf Lele then use Knock Off and/or Trick/Switcheroo more often, without her Choice Scarf Tapu Lele is screwed partially. Hell, even Scarfed Magic Room can be a solution (disactivates all held items not named Mega Stones and Z-Crystals for 5 turns and starting XY it has 0 priority unlike the other rooms)
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.