[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vgcg/ - VGC General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 49

File: results of this weekend.png (176KB, 905x437px) Image search: [Google]
results of this weekend.png
176KB, 905x437px
Resources, sets, videos, streamings, tournament results, etc.:
>pastebin.com/mM2vjiaU

Last thread:
>>31983487

>>>/vp/vgcg
>>
Pretty unfortunate timing for a migrate.
We need a poison pseudo legend next gen, these fairies are getting out of hand.
>>
Idea for a team;
Mimikyu/Gyarados/Arcanine/Gastrodon/Persian/Whimsicott
Nothing shares a weakness besides whimsicott/mimikyu, problem is how I'd make this team good offensively. Defensively I can see it living a lot of dumb shit, just knocking things out might be an issue.
>>
>>32001504
B-But fairies are perfectly balanced anon! Aren't you glad you don't have to worry about those pesky dragons anymore! I mean, it's not like the reason dragons were so good was because they had massive BST and movesets, no, it was because of their typing! Who cares about those stupid Fighting, Bug, Ice, Psychic, and more that ended up getting hurt more by Fairy than Dragons! Who cares about how Steel became even better than before too! Fairies are perfectly balanced and also cute! Dragonfags BTFO!
>>
>>32001504
nihilego?
>>
File: chill nigga.gif (1MB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
chill nigga.gif
1MB, 325x203px
post yfw Tapu Bulu has won more regionals than Lele
>>
>>32001994
Nah, just a straight poison type with godly base stats so it doesn't die to garchomp sneezing an earthquake.
Poison with levitate would be choice but that'll never happen, and zubat has the hold on poison/flying line, which stinks because its attack stats aren't all that great and it doesn't get tailwind via level up for whatever awful reason.
I'd be running crobat right now if it did and I'm sure we'd be seeing it a lot more often as a poisonium z holder since you can make it pretty bulky, or fucking eviolite golbat, which takes a looooot of hits and is the only direct counter to pheramosa.
>>
File: 1486769873578.png (255KB, 424x362px) Image search: [Google]
1486769873578.png
255KB, 424x362px
>>32002107
>Everyone says Lele is the most broken Tapu
>Bitch never gets anything done
What went wrong?

>>32002194
>It's a this Pokemon would be really good right bow if it could use Tutors episode
Every fucking time.
>>
>>32002194
Toxapex completely counters Pheromosa.
>>
File: lifeissuffering.png (275KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
lifeissuffering.png
275KB, 800x450px
>>32002194
>Poison with levitate would be choice but that'll never happen
>>
>>32002198
>Bitch never gets anything done
>What went wrong?
It might be a repeat of '14 M-Khan syndrome.
>>
>>32002220
and then dies to any double target
>>
>>32002241
Eviolite Golbat too
>>
>>32002198
she's broken in singles (which doesn't matter) but in doubles it's easy to deal with her
>>
>>32002198
Lele is insanely strong, but predictable.
>>
>double stream for regionals, even for sheffield that had less than 200 masters
>no stream for Melbourne
dammit TPCI get your shit together
>>
>>32002258
>no stream for Melbourne
Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ.

Hopefully the strayas will set up something.
>>
>>32002267
VGC twitter suggests the situation is more insidious, in that TPCi/TOs/Hitler(?) is/are not allowing any stream at all for melb. Which doesn't make any sense to anyone at all.
>>
File: 1477605669009.png (19KB, 690x858px) Image search: [Google]
1477605669009.png
19KB, 690x858px
Question about the upcoming Kanto X Alola Regional Rumble.

We do NOT need the Pokemon we use in this to have been bred in Alola like past competitions, right? That wouldn't make sense considering Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are allowed, who obviously can't be obtained in Alola.
>>
>>32002316
>VGC twitter suggests the situation is more insidious
How so exactly? iirc TCPi is ran by TCGfags so perhaps they don't wanna give VGC a stream to save up money. Is there gonna be a TCG stream? Because if so that could be one of the reasons.

Make sure to keep us non-twitter people update on the latest hottest gossips.
>>
>>32002333
Seems like it. The only pokes that appear to be allowed in the competition that aren't Alolan born are Kanto mons. So things like Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres are allowed
>>
>>32002407
Wait. What about Kanto mons that are also in the Alola dex? ie. Can I transfer in and use an Arcanine I bred in Y, or do I still have to rebreed another two for Sun?
>>
>>32002258
>major event not being streamed
How not to grow an esport 101
>>
>>32002333
>>32002416
The competition regulations don't specify what games they can be born in (they always do if so), so everything should be fine including RBY VC
>>
>>32002465
It's amazing how they still keep at it. You gotta give them points for persistence even if it is a completely unfruitful endeavor. Pokemon will never be an esport not because of the community but simply because Pokemon is not a game built-up from the ground-up to be competitive or e-sport friendly at all.

https://therazzsite.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/growing-the-game-what-is-esports-and-is-it-right-for-pokemon/

You fags should read this. It's pretty on-point.
>>
>>32002488
Neat.
I might have to speed through Red to see if I can get myself a Zapdos. On the other hand, no control over nature...
>>
>>32002615
You can control nature, it's dependant on how many xp points it has, look it up on serebii.
>>
>>32002538
Some of this is right, some of it isn't

A game doesn't need to be built with esports in mind in order to be one. All it needs is a competitive component that people will play and people will watch. Also saying Pokemon suffers from having a large casual playerbase and hard to follow for spectators doesn't make sense, many games are like this. But on the subject of spectating Pokemon, it definitely needs a spectator mode that shows info on screen, it can be hard to follow everything even for players.
>>
>>32002820
>Also saying Pokemon suffers from having a large casual playerbase and hard to follow for spectators doesn't make sense, many games are like this
All those games have pretty colors all over for people to get excited, and furthermore, it's a constant stream of things happening so the commentators are always engaging the viewer so that even if they are casual players they can "get" what is happening.

Meanwhile Pokemon is turn based so nothing is happening on the screen 99% of the time and as you mentioned 99% of what "happens" happens behind the scenes that your average casual player will never get to know and much less understand. And there's also the disconnect between the competitive playerbase and the competitive playerbase, as he mentions in the article, they play a completely different game, a casual player wants to watch his bro but never will because his bro is shit so that means the game is shit. How many people don't we have in this board who actually "know" competitive and still think it's shit because it is a broken mess and their bros are not viable and the obligatory baaaw legends?

All those things you disagree with and why they are are explained in thorough detail in the article.

Also, there's a difference between people will play and e-sports-people will watch and people will play and people with watch. Which is the reason why there's been this push from certain people for it, because they don't wanna keep playing for a pittance when other people who play videogames are making millions. It's not about if Pokemon can be competitive or not, is if it can be made "as big" as those other games.
>>
>>32002890
Spectator issues are still something that can easily be fixed in future games, so it's not like a fundamental flaw of the game that's going to hold it back forever. The casuals that complain about legends and stuff aren't really a big deal, they probably don't care about watching competitive in the first place

>It's not about if Pokemon can be competitive or not, is if it can be made "as big" as those other games.
Well anyone hoping it can get anywhere near as big as LoL and CS is retarded, but becoming a moderately sized one isn't out of the question with some time, you don't need $1m+ prizepools to be an esport.
>>
>>32002645
?
>>
>>32002194
>[Insert a non-existing overpowered mon] would be choice but that'll never happen

Do you realize that if such a mon existed we would also be discussing how cancerous would it be, and imagining "counters that will never happen" for it, right?
>>
>>32004277
what about weezing?
>>
>>32004360
shit stats
>>
File: xiigq.jpg (64KB, 457x542px) Image search: [Google]
xiigq.jpg
64KB, 457x542px
>>32003453
nature is determined by total XP points modulo 25

this essentially lets you control what you're going to get

IVs are still random but you're guaranteed at least 3 perfect IVs. EVs are reset to 0.
>>
What are some mons that I should consider using on a team with the Electivire/Koko core? Jon Hu made me want to test that core, but I don't want to just rip off his team.
>>
Someone fill me in on Arcanine?
>>
>>32004612
Versatile as fuck. Intimidate. Fire type.
>>
>>32004602
It's not so much a core as it is a gimmick that just happens to work really well.
His team is essentially electric spam with three teammates that get rid of things that resist or are immune to electric.
>>
>>32004738
Pretty much. It'll be impossible for you recreate something similar without it looking, well, like a rip-off or a shittier version of it.

Go find yourself another gimmick instead.
>>
>>32004738
>>32004764
alright thanks for the info, i'll find some other memes to mess around with I guess.
>>
Oh, and the cherry on top is that TCPi is not running the International, the ones who are gonna do it are https://twitter.com/ESLAustralia who ironically enough are an e-Sport company thingy.

This is really fucking embarrassing. This year circuit is a total mess.

There's a lot of butthurt going around because this guy from LA was not able to get his Australia Visa on time for the International this weekend thanks to TCPi announcing the stipends at the last minute.

TCPi is quickly becoming as incompetent as Gamefreak itself.
>>
>>32005398
TCPI is far more incompetent than Gamefreak, but you're pretty much right
>>
>win all the time against people in the 1700/1800s
>lose most of the time to people in the 1400/1500s, losing all the points i got from the higher rated players

Refer to this image for my face >>32005332
>>
>>32006919
Iktf
>>
>>32005332
wait where does it says it's an order from tpci?
>>
Oh no, you won't die today. Sorry.
>>
Dicks
>>
File: C6WRM-_WYAEJxOg.jpg (179KB, 1035x784px) Image search: [Google]
C6WRM-_WYAEJxOg.jpg
179KB, 1035x784px
Will this shit be streamed?
>>
>>32010691
No, sadly.
No idea why there's a sweden regional held directly next to a refugee rape and rob and murder zone.
>>
>>32010691
Are you literally retarded that you cannot read posts 7 posts above yours?

>>32010708
What's the matter anon? You don't wanna get culturally enriched? Could it be perhaps you are racist and Islamophobic? Are you a nazi?
>>
>>32010708
Why is there a reg in sweden (yes) of all places but none in italy?
>>
>>32010868
Because lol TCPi
>>
>>32010801
How old are you?
>>
>>32011078
>>32002399
>>32005332
>>32005398
>>32006058
>TCPI
It's "The Pokemon Company International", not the "The Company Pokemon International". I don't know if all of you are the same anon shitposting or not, but at least get the name right
>>
File: rain room.png (11KB, 356x55px) Image search: [Google]
rain room.png
11KB, 356x55px
Send help

I've been using this team since Bank dropped and have been unable to decide on a sixth Pokemon the entire time

Right now I'm cycling between Alolan Muk and Magnezone, but in the past I've also used Celesteela, Xurk, Mudsdale and Hariyama among others
>>
>>32012101
koko?
terrain boosted thunders are brutal
>>
>>32012101
Just use Golduck so you can also have a fast mode
>>
>>32012101
Fake out user, consider A- Persian for z- parting shot, Prankster sableye is good fake out, quash user too to support trick room. A second trick room setter may help you too Mimikyu's gostium z is great offense with shadow claw or sneak (bulu terain), or tech z- curse and z- Destiny bond. Comfey is a great trick room setter too with it's priority healing, but it's best self healing is synthesis which doesn't synergize with your team, but it punishes Sun setters seeking to break your rain. Drampa and gastrodon also have the tools to synchronize with your team too. I don't know just some thoughts.
>>
>>32012101
The team in the final of the UK regional in the OP is very similar to that, I imagine Magnezone works best. Is Politoed even worth it?
>>
>>32012264
>Is Politoed even worth it?
He's surprisingly bulky and I appreciate the Encore/Perish Song support he offers (especially against stuff like Baton Pass/Evoboost). Plus rain really helps with Bulu's survivability and Araquanid's Liquidation/Hydro Vortex.

Noted all the other suggestions. Will cycle through them and some other options I've been thinking of.

>tfw no 7th slot
>>
>>32012031
Not shitposting in the least. I've written it like that because I legit thought it was like that because I thought it just sounded smoother somehow. Thank you for making me realize this mistake.
>>
File: 1481292280382.jpg (944KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1481292280382.jpg
944KB, 1920x1040px
Is this outdated already?
>>
>>32013550
Actually not that outdated, just Kartana and Celesteela kind of overlap.
>>
>>32013725
Pretty much this. Move Kartana alongside Celesteela and it'll still be 100% accurate.

Maybe remove Marowak and Torkoal too because cancerdog is all you see nowadays.
>>
>>32013815
put mimikyu under TR support

might as well just rename it speed control and add mandibuzz, drifblim, etc there too
>>
File: 1286339003207.gif (27KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1286339003207.gif
27KB, 150x150px
>>32014325
>My face when people kneejerk reaction is trying to prevent TR on my Mimikyu when it's 252/252 Jolly

>Killing all those non-Scarf Leles all the time because they literally cannot outspeed it
>Kill all those annoying Arcanines too who always try to Roar it out with help of my other lead

The best part is that my Mimikyu actually has TR for when my middling-speed stuff are outspeed by my opponent things completely and to reverse it, against actual TR in case they actually set-it up, that my middling-speed stuff slightly outspeed and buttfuck when they are trying to set-up TR so they rarely actually manage to set-it

Semi-TR best TR.
>>
>>32013550

Its pretty outdated in the sense that Oranguru isn't used anymore and most of those glue Pokemon aren't really used. Mimikyu does TR alot better than Oranguru aswell and can pack Ghostium Z to annihilate Tapu Lele without bulk investment.

Arcanine is really only the fire type being heavily used now. Kartana is everywhere and easily overtook Celesteela's position. Still, when usage declines it can fly under the radar and people won't consider building around that certain threat anymore. See Tapu Bulu coming up and wrecking teams.
>>
>>32014750
>tfw an Oranguru+Torkoal+Liligant memed on me earlier today
It sucked. Doesn't help I'm already weak to Liligant+Torkoal lead in first place.
>>
>>32014786

Shut it down with Gigalith.
>>
>>32014750
I think you're missing the point.

The details don't really matter because the basic outline is still right. It's basically Tapu + bulky TR + Fire + Ground + Steel + filler and you will get a half decent team that should win more than it loses.

>>32014976
Gigalith only shuts down the TR half of it. Liligant is part of that combo because it murders Gigalith dead.

You need two Pokemon at least to completely shut down that combo.
>>
>>32015004
>You need two Pokemon at least to completely shut down that combo.
AV Goodra
>>
>>32014786
Goodra literally sits there and laughs at all three of them.
>>
>>32014786
>memed
>>
>>32015004

Just leading with Gigalith smashes the weather everything depends on, especially Lilligant/Torkoal lead and that core fails horribly vs special walls in general such as AV Gooda mentioned by >>32015015

A-Muk also packs a punch aswell. Just stop leading with Garchomp/Koko all day long and you might win vs memes.
>>
>>32015140
You do realize Torkoal is slower than Gigalith right?

Torkoal would win the weather war everytime unless you keep Gigalith in the back which the opponent if they're smart are equally capable of.

Gigalith is a very good check without dedicating too much to the cause but it's not as simple a case of throw it out and you win as the previous anon implied.

AV Goodra is the actual auto win button.
>>
File: 1387490612609.jpg (930KB, 2500x2641px) Image search: [Google]
1387490612609.jpg
930KB, 2500x2641px
>Just got rekt by a fucking Scarf Arcanine
Who the fuck runs that

Memery like this is why I hate bo1
>>
>>32015741
just inject lol
>>
>>32015741
I fought a team with Choice Band Garchomp, Fightinium Z Arcanine and Focus Sash Gastrodon on the ladder just the other day

I lost
>>
>>32015854
I thought I had a game locked up with scarfchomp, but somehow someone's scarf tapu lele outsped my scarfchomp. Timid max speed and special attack I'm guessing, but I'm still at 232 speed with a scarf and 9 points ahead base stat wise, so what the fuck. I set it up to where I win when I get scarfchomp in and just earthquake since all his guys were in the red.
>>
>>32015949
Garchomp hits 253, Lele hits 241. Positive Nature and Scarf.

So either there was Tailwind up and you didn't notice or remember or your Garchomp was not max speed and therefore under 241.
>>
>>32015982
garchomp is scarf adamant
It was just unexpected, random scarves suck.
>>
>>32016012
It's like ScarfLele is random. Scarf+Timid yes though.
>>
>>32016039
Yeah, that's what I mean, usually a scarf lele has some bulk invested or something over max speed with a timid nature, shit saved that guy.
>>
>>32014654
Is fast Mimikyu good? I've been thinking about putting one in my team.
>>
>>32013550
it was never in-date
>>
>>32016639
From what I understand most are ran fast just to outspeed and OHKO Lele, with trickroom being on the set to counter even faster mons or tailwind users.
It's especially good right now with every retard and his mother running around with drifblim/lele teams and never leading anything but those two.
>>
>>32016639
It's good, because it has a relatively easy time setting up trick room and can threaten lele, though with the rise of bulky leles it doesn't threaten them as much anymore
>>
>>32001407
NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE COUNTRY THAT NEVER FUCKING WINS A COMPETITION! AMERICA OR JAPAN, THOSE ARE THE ONLY COUNTRIES REAL PLAYERS ARE FUCKING INTERESTED IN. EVERYONE ELSE FROM EVERYWHERE ELSE IS A KEKDICK SLUT CUM SWALLOWING ASS LICKING RAPIST VICTIM! YOU'RE ALL WORTHLESS!

STREAM AND DISCUSS SOME REAL TALENT, NOT THIS FAKE SHIT!
>>
File: 1438097460056.jpg (25KB, 262x259px) Image search: [Google]
1438097460056.jpg
25KB, 262x259px
>>32017048
>Not running Ghostium Mimikyu with Shadow Claw and Destiny Bond for variety of options
>>
>>32017117
>implying bulky leles don't survive never ending nightmare after an intimidate
>>
>>32017143
-1 252 Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Lele: 206-246 (59.8 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(206, 210, 212, 216, 216, 218, 222, 224, 228, 230, 230, 234, 236, 240, 242, 246)

-1 252 Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Lele: 276-326 (80.2 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(276, 278, 282, 284, 290, 294, 296, 300, 302, 306, 308, 312, 314, 318, 320, 326)

By a sliver. And if you are going for the Nightmare on Lele and know the Arcanine is coming from the back that's when you double-dip with your mon at the side and kill her anyway.

Your argument goes both ways. If Lele survives with support from a team-mate then I can also do the same and kill her instead.
>>
Wait, my bad. I forgot to change the levels to 50.

-1 252 Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Lele: 108-128 (61 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(108, 108, 110, 110, 114, 114, 116, 116, 116, 120, 120, 122, 122, 126, 126, 128)

-1 252 Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Lele: 144-170 (81.3 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(144, 146, 146, 150, 150, 152, 152, 156, 158, 158, 162, 162, 164, 164, 168, 170)

Forgot to remove the Bold from the second calculation too.

-1 252 Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 156-186 (88.1 - 105%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
(156, 158, 158, 162, 164, 164, 168, 170, 170, 174, 174, 176, 180, 180, 182, 186)
>>
>>32017220
>lead lele arcanine
>they can't kill you and they can't set TR
>you could protect lele and waste their turn and do whatever with arcanine
I mean, it all comes down to predictions, but my point was that mimikyu isn't as reliable against lele as it was a couple of months ago, which is true
>>
>>32017266
>but my point was that mimikyu isn't as reliable against lele as it was a couple of months ago, which is true
Well, I disagree with your statement. I've never had as much as an easy time dealing with Leles as I've had since I started to use Mimikyu.

If Mimikyu is not a "reliable" against Lele just because of teammate support then I guess everything is shit against the things they are also good against just because they all are alongside a partner who deals with their weakness too and we all know that's plain silly.
>>
>>32017317
It's not silly, because you're facing a team, not just a simple Lele. I'm just pointing out that in a fairly common scenario, Mimikyu fails to guarantee the KO on Lele. That's why I said it's good, but don't count on it being the ultimate Lele counter, because it's just okay against it.
And yes, if your answer to something is useless against that something and a common partner, then it's not that reliable because it will fail sometimes, and as such you'll have to prepare for that situation.
I rarely face a Mimikyu well partnered against a Lele Arcanine lead, so people are failing at that. If you do have a way to deal with it, then good for you I guess
>>
>>32017444
Mimikyu, P2, both carrying trick room, and both carrying ghost moves.
>>
This might be a stupid question, but are we restricted to SM and RBY for the Competition? Or can we use say, a Zapdos caught on Kalos rather than the one from RBY?
>>
>>32018238
The regulations are kinda vague, but as I understand, Kalos/Hoenn mons will be usable as long as they're in either the Kanto dex or the Alola dex
>>
can you guys tell me your thoughts on this team? It's still in the early stages of development, and I want someone else's perspective on it before I ruin it by mistake.
>>
>>32019216
shit, forgot the pastebin
http://pastebin.com/pWpdKLNS
>>
>>32019220
Seems pretty solid. It's really hard to give any critique if you don't give any feedback yourself. Go test it and see if any mon gives you trouble.
>>
Thoughts on how a Nidoking/queen might perform in the March competition? I was looking through what new Pokemon opening up the Kanto dex brought in, and remembered how much I love Nidoking. Think it might do well in an Alola/Kanto-only environment? What would be some good partners for it?
>>
>>32019764
Oops sorry, I thought I was posting on other thread :p
>>
>>32020467
Some people here might be participating, but I'm not. Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking is always a thing that's good, although I think you'd need tutors for earth power. It's something that'd definitely need some sort of speed control since he's not all that fast on his own, so consider partnering with something that gets tailwind support or something that can switch into lele, like a skarmory with some special defense investment. Since unfortunately skarmory doesn't get tailwind this gen.
>>
>>32019764
I think it will be pretty good, considering it beats Tapu Koko + Raichu-Kanto which may be seen, and with speed control it can so well against the other tapus too
>>
>>32021424
?
>>
>>32022380
?
>>
>Have dropped so hard I'm starting to see gimmicky one note teams again
Just fuck my shit up

I really liked this team but the current meta is not favorable at all for it. Fuck you Magnezone.
>>
Anyone else having problems with Showdown's teambuilder crashing web browsers? It's happening to me in Chrome and Opera.
>>
>>32022623
People still use Opera?
>>
>>32022654
I do because it's like Chrome but doesn't eat 2gb+ of RAM.
>>
>>32015741
I almost won a PC thanks to based BO1
>>
>>32023930
>Almost won a PC
That's like saying you almost passed a test on a Special ED class.
>>
File: 1473085276340.png (259KB, 518x388px) Image search: [Google]
1473085276340.png
259KB, 518x388px
Now that the dust has settled, we can agree the 50% berries were a mistake, right?

I hate how much randomness they add to the game, I miss when they were only used on Gluttony mons. Even in a bo3 tourney setting where you can scout items, there's still the annoying occurrences where you crit down to their berry which only helps your opponent
>>
File: 1283182874753.jpg (141KB, 807x861px) Image search: [Google]
1283182874753.jpg
141KB, 807x861px
>>32024519
>Double dipping on something
>100% guaranteed on the KO that way, half and half
>First hit crits and drops him to red
>LOL 50% BERRY
>Second hit leaves them in red again
>Survives when he should be dead and my own crit fucks me over

>"Let's make Sitrus except better and make 5 of them so it is not limited by Item Clause".
Quality Gamefreak game design.
>>
>>32024519
I bet they only made the change with Wishiwashi on mind and didn't realize they would be stupidly good on other mons, especially bulky ones like Fini and Snorlax.
>>
Melb internats potato stream in ~1 hr or so when games appear on the big screen.

Search for meloettaminstrels on twitch (can't link twitch here >_>)
>>
>>32024641
Better than nothing I guess.

I'll never understand how or why TPCi thought not setting up a stream was a good idea.
>>
>>32024641
Thanks man! I'll check it out for sure
>>
File: 1483339960483.png (406KB, 529x595px) Image search: [Google]
1483339960483.png
406KB, 529x595px
>>32024641
>.>_>
>>
>>32024641
someone post when it starts
>>
File: drought 1.png (153KB, 1284x478px) Image search: [Google]
drought 1.png
153KB, 1284x478px
Couldn't find a general competitive thread, just wondering if someone here can offer some feedback on my drought team? Building it around a charizard y/ha venusaur core with hariyama providing fake out support, muk switching in on fairies (especially top lel) and garchomp being garchomp. Basically just looking for a 6th mon that can get me out of sticky situations, as well as any changes I can make to my existing builds. Also, would it be a good idea to sub chomp for mamoswine if I end up having trouble with megamence/landorus t/opposing chomps?
>>
>>32025280
Not VGC/10
>>
>>32025280
I'd run Feint over Bullet Punch on Hariyama. Can't tell you much since I only play VGC.
>>
>>32025322

Never said it was VGC, I mainly play BS doubles. Like I said, this is the only competitive thread I could find so just looking for some feedback
>>
>>32025334
Why not just make a thread yourself rather than intruding here with off-topic crap?
>>
>>32024641
Hopefully there are some interesting sets, I would like to chill in bed while watching the stream. Already on, watching the TCG guys shuffling cards.
>>
File: file.png (240KB, 644x306px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240KB, 644x306px
Luke Curtale vs Yuree RIGHT now at twitch meloettaminstrels
>>
>>32025806
>yeah sorry guys it looks like TPCi/event organizers is shutting our stream down
classic GF
>>
>>32025946
Stream will be back up soon, they talked to Chris Brown (@AlphaZealot on twitter) who's basically the top dog when it comes to official competitive events and he gave them the green light.
>>
>>32026003
Stream is back! I still can't believe we have to resort to watching an Ipad/phone streamed event for a relatively hyped event.
>>
So I haven't been to a VGC event since the end of Gen 5. Has anyone with CFW had issues with whatever checks they're doing these days?
>>
>>32025946
What the fuck is with TPCi not letting Australia stream? This is beyond them just being too cheap to set up one themselves, there has to be something else going on if they are shutting down other people's efforts as well.

>>32026391
Not really. All they can do is check your team and that's it. Them doing anything else is not allowed in the least.
>>
>>32026740
Good to hear, thanks. Incidentally, have any idea of hack checks have got better or worse over the years? They came up with a few shitty false positives in 2012 (certain Heat Wave Zapdos, I think Gen 3 originated, ended up being detected as hacked for whatever reason) and I'm curious if that sort of thing has happened again.
>>
How can i register to the Kanto X Alola competition, please help
>>
>>32027061
in the pokemon global link
>>
>>32026991
The only incident we've seen so far was someone having a beast ball porygon2.
>>
File: C6hkivzVwAA3Xwb.jpg (106KB, 433x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C6hkivzVwAA3Xwb.jpg
106KB, 433x1200px
>>
>>32028491
I've thought about beast boosting on my own pokemon, but I've never been in a situation that would warrant it.
>>
>>32028503
I think there was a battle during london where the winning move was to KO his own arcanine with celesteela to get a SpD boost, which would then allow celesteela to outstall the opposing (flamethrower) arcanine
>>
>>32004277
That happens every gen, what's new?
>>
I'm surprised how many people from US and EU went to Australia for the international, isn't it expensive? They must really want to make sure they get into worlds
>>
>>32028871
I heard someone getting a flight for less than 200, real issue would be hotel and stuff.
>>
>>32028491
Most common case of Beast Boost I could think of is a fully setup Xurkitree going on a Discharge rampage.
>>
>>32028491
what about leech seeding your partner too for a triple leech seed recovery?
>>
>>32028871
>>32028915
Plus all the people who got there through stipends.
>>
What is the best arcanine set?
saw a Bulky one with AV and Bulldoze maybe adamant but don't know the spread
>>
i want to be spoonfed and im completely ignorant of the gen 7 metagame. why is arcanine there?
>>
>>32029824
read the pastebin
>>
>>32029824
Fairy type resist, extremely bulky, very few threats to it that can actually oneshot it, intimidate affects both mons, extremely versatile, etc.
>>
>>32028491
you forgot leech seeding your partner so it can't be seeded by the opponent
>>
File: 1407334885602.jpg (163KB, 533x746px) Image search: [Google]
1407334885602.jpg
163KB, 533x746px
The Just Fuck My Circuit Up tale continues.

The Latin American International Challenge will only allow 128 people to sign-up for Masters. 32 if you are either Junior or Senior.
>>
>brazil internationals participation is being capped at 128
>meanwhile tcg has a cap of 630

dude, esports, lmao
>>
>>32015854
Hahaha, Gamefreak did it.
There is now too much variety to prepare for everything. Does this kill the competitive?
>>
>>32030539
>>32030591
Did they finally stop pretending they care about VGC or something?

I'm glad I didn't bother playing at all this year. Doesn't help that I like the format all that much either.
>>
>>32030539
>biggest european tourney 2 weeks after the game is released
>no stream in australia
>only 128 masters in brazil

For Indianapolis I expect them to do something good because it seems they only care about the US players, but now I want to see what kind of nonsense they pull with that one to ruin it.
>>
>>32030720
>>32031193
Oops, badly worded, I blame my lack of sleep.

Let me try again: Only people that were born in the US are allowed to participate.
>>
>>32001407
When did Driflblim become meta? I used to it in vgc '12 with Flying Gem Acrobatics/Unburden + fast Destiny Bond.

Is it used in a similar fashion these days?
>>
>>32031242
shoma won the invitational using one, two weeks ago

that's why some people are using it recently
>>
>>32031242
It runs misty seed or psychic seed along with fini or lele, activating unburden immediately making it incredibly fast. It's mostly used for fast tailwind support, but it learns other useful stuff like will o wisp and disable. It also completely walls typical snorlax sets that only run return and high horsepower.
>>
>>32031242
it's a pretty decent support, but the abnormal usage is because people are copying shoma, it'll die down when people start copying the Melbourne winner, unless of course Drifblim also wins in australia.
>>
File: 1286579594771.jpg (115KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
1286579594771.jpg
115KB, 500x266px
http://trainertower.com/forums/threads/pokemon-vgc-where-do-we-go-from-here.187/
>>
>>32031304
I'm not reading that shit
>>
File: 1481066303364.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1481066303364.png
278KB, 706x412px
Is there a good external site for tracking what Pokemon you've captured?
>>
>>32031261
>>32031267
>>32031291
Interesting. I didn't use Driflblim in vgc after '12 since the Gems are no longer available and berries are not as consistent. I didn't consider the new seeds. Plus it beats last month's flavor of Snorlax. Pretty cool for Driflblim. I think Destiny Bond would definitely be one of its 4 moves on a good prediction it can trade for free.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>32001783
>Who cares about how Steel became even better than before too
i too love resisting gen 6-7 knock off
>>
>>32031351
a what?
>>
>>32031371
An external site? Like a Pokedex website almost.
>>
>>32031267
>>32031362
It has gone some way at least in solidifying the Tapu's required in order to enter '17 joke into an actual fact since it's impossible to run that kinda set without one.

You can run a non-Tapu team but it's a pretty objective fact you're at a huge disadvantage if you don't and some of the most successful teams.
>>
>>32031409
They're good pokemon by themselves, but one of the main reason why you want a tapu on your team is for the same reason almost every team ran a primal last year -- it gives you control over a field condition that your opponent wants to exploit. Misty terrain is probably the most "neutral" of the terrains, as it doesn't boost anything, but it does disrupt things that want to spread burns or whatever. Your opponent wants to get off big damage with lele? Switch in your tapu and its offensive power is immediately decreased by a third.

It also doesn't help that the terrain moves are rare as fuck so you can't do things like slap rain dance on a mon to mess with sun teams.
>>
>>32031304
I love VGC drama.

Still, he's pretty much right on being butthurt. This year has been a total mess.
>>
>>32031424
>It also doesn't help that the terrain moves are rare as fuck so you can't do things like slap rain dance on a mon to mess with sun teams.
This is the actual problem.

In previous gens with weather that was a legit counter/check, even in '16 at least Primal weather could be stopped simply by taking out the setter or just changing their skill.

Terrains are just basically weather with no actual way to check or counter them due to the lack of a ability to neutralize them and piss poor distribution of the manual terrain moves.

Coupled with the absolutely atrocious offerings in this regional dex giving us some really fucked up speed tiers this gen. Like really line up the Aloladex and there are these massive gulfs between various speed benchmarks where there is just absolutely nothing to challenge the above tiers.
>>
File: Untitled.png (45KB, 401x769px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
45KB, 401x769px
March usage stats are up.

Gaze upon our healthy meta.
>>
>>32031597
where do you find those lists?
>>
File: realmeta.png (403KB, 1243x943px) Image search: [Google]
realmeta.png
403KB, 1243x943px
>>32031597
Let's try that again with Official stats.

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/#wcs
>>
>>32031964
>Real meta
>It's the same shit as Showdown except in slightly different order
Wooooooow
>>
Is there stuff happening in Melbourne again today? What time should it start? Sorry for the retarded questions but this is my first year following vgc and I don't have a clue about how shit is organised.
>>
File: C6l7QXfVoAAFTai.jpg (388KB, 1397x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C6l7QXfVoAAFTai.jpg
388KB, 1397x1024px
>>
Anyone know how to get the mega stones?
I can't find them anywhere on the website.
>>
>>32033853

>>31999517
>>
>>32033896
Thanks. How annoying.
>>
>>32033001
any more news from australia?
>>
>>32034290
http://pokemonaustralia.com/international-championship-oceania/
>>
File: round 13.png (60KB, 1890x952px) Image search: [Google]
round 13.png
60KB, 1890x952px
>>32034290
no x-1 or better left with 2 games left in swiss
>>
>>32034376
That Argentinian guy is pretty good. I'm betting on him to become World Champion sooner or later. He's everywhere and always making top cut.
>>
>>32031733
pokemon showdown stats, put in nice and readable form on http://www.pikalytics.com/pokedex
>>
So I just learned Z string shot increases speed, but if the opponent protected would they be hit by the string shot?
I know the damaging moves go through protect, dunno about the status ones.
>>
>>32035403
The stat boosts apply before the move is done, so even if they protect, you still get the speed.
>>
>>32035416
No, I understand that, but I don't have much experience with Z status moves that affect the opponent, so the string shot wouldn't slow them down if they protected?
>>
File: lolresistance.jpg (221KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lolresistance.jpg
221KB, 900x1200px
>half of top cut is europeans
>wolfe gets fked by resistance again

is this london internats or what
>>
>>32035432
Yurops are all richfags who can afford to waste thousands to go play Pokemon.

Cheering for the Argentinian guy.
>>
>>32035429
Oh sorry, I misread the question. No, they don't go through Protect since they're normal moves with added effects.
>>
>>32035463
Apparently he will drop. But its still uncertain.
>>
>>32035662
Seriously? Why?
>>
>>32035671
he's going back early to have his 'last first day' of highschool. something kids do, they party and go to the first day of school drunk or something like that
>>
>>32035707
Why the fuck did he even go then? What a waste of time and money. Someone could have used that stipend money.
>>
>>32035923
to earn cp. it's not like stipends are transferible
>>
>>32035964
True enough. Still, what a waste of a good chance. He can go and get drunk any other day.

Since when do kids even do that sort of shit even? Damn degenerates.
>>
>>32035979
I agree, and practically the entire community told him to not be such a fag, but he's a kid.

I think it's a new thing, I just learned of it because of Sebas, I never heard of that particular activity back in my day but perhaps it was just not a big deal in my highschool. Fuck I'm getting old
>>
>>32035979
Eh, he'd have to deal with changing his flight last-minute just for the *chance* of more cp (which he doesn't need at this point) and more money (he's already sitting on $500 profit). If it were me I would stay and go for the win, but who knows what he's thinking.
>>
So, is everyone ready to welcome the new Lord of our meta, scope lens kartana?
>>
>>32036134
Apparently it all started with Jon Hu and snowballed from there right?
At least new things keep getting explored. Sadly the copycats follow suit and everyone fills every medium with those.
>>
>>32036156
I hope nobody takes my gimmick that i'm trying to figure out.
>>
>>32036134
Sometimes I enjoy seeing standard mons using new sets, like bulldoze arcanine. This is not one of those times.
>>
>>32035432
>dave cognetta reached top8 despite playing with 5 mons
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>32036569
Why just 5?
>>
>>32037394
He forgot it was a 6 mon competition
>>
>>32037394
Another retard who can't write down a team correctly
>>
>>32035432
Wolfe did not get screwed by resistance. 10-4 should not cut in the first place. In London he was justified to be mad because he missed at 11-3.
>>
>>
Any stream today,?
>>
File: C6kEFybVwAApvT7.jpg:orig.jpg (1MB, 2639x3950px) Image search: [Google]
C6kEFybVwAApvT7.jpg:orig.jpg
1MB, 2639x3950px
>>
>>32037878
Do you even understand how swiss works
>>
File: based shoma.png (684KB, 567x820px) Image search: [Google]
based shoma.png
684KB, 567x820px
Is he /our guy/?
>>
>>32038218
wow selma from scooby doo has gotten a lot skinnier
>>
>>32038218
Yeah pretty much, it's either him or Gavin
>>
>>32038263
let's not forget about the legendary sadpanda mod Jeudy Azzarelli
>>
File: Japanese VGC commentator.png (312KB, 815x468px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese VGC commentator.png
312KB, 815x468px
Does anyone know if meloettaminstrels will continue his Melbourne streaming? If so, how long until it starts again?
>>
bets?
>>
>>32038372
I hope Tommy wins just for the memes
>>
>>32002615
>>32002488
>>32002333

see, i'm more wondering if this competition is actually going to lift the 'has to be born in alola' rule (to allow for kanto mon), then does that mean shit like sheer cold suicune is usable?
Okay, i know that a johto pokemon as an example doesn't matter in this situation, so lets mention two things that do:
soft boiled clefable? superpower/knock off scizor?
will i see (and/or be able to use) these, and other things like them?
how do we test?
>>
>>32038731
I guess you could translate the Japanese announcement since they usually explain things better, but if that's out of question, it's impossible.

You could try to send a support ticket to ask for clarification, but they will send you a copy paste saying that they aren't allowed to discuss that as it would give you an unfair advantage. They've done this shit to me in the past.
>>
>>32038372
What's with resurgence of Gigalith lately?
>>
>>32039102
Sand Stream neuters opposing weather teams, and he's slow enough to guarantee it prevailing even if both sides lead with weather setters.

I'll probably ask if it's a good poke to fit onto my team once I'm done breeding my other options.
>>
>>32039102
It can go full RockiumZ on Arcanine I guess
>>
File: 1460054728644.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1460054728644.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>32039118
>once I'm done breeding my other options.

Good job! Keep it up, proud of ya.
>>
>>32038372
Tommy or Billa

>>32037894
They both look tired. Pretty sure they fugged all night.
>>
>>32039118
There's pretty much no weather wars on this meta to require weather control that badly.

The only reason I can truly think about is >>32039121 this. For maximum arcanine cockblocking.

>>32039167
Blown the fuck out by strayas-sex sounds pretty kinky.
>>
>>32039176
I came up against a shitton of Torkoal and Pellipper in the competition last month.
>>
Manual terrain for cockblocking tapus other than mine. y/n?
>>
>>32039337
Just pack your own Tapu.

Terrains while similar to weather they are mostly for the benefit of the Tapu itself, whereas weather is supportive of the team as a whole more than just the setter.

I'd say try it but only if the rest of your team really really benefits from the terrain you are gonna use to interrupt the other terrains.
>>
>>32038351
anyone?
>>
I understand that Primarina isn't the one of the better Pokemon in VGC, but is any set with either Encore or Perish Song worth trying out?
>>
>>32039981
Perish Song is great, that with a Sitrus Berry set could be okay. I think it's better to wait for Liquid Voice and run it with Choice Specs though, so it has a really big advantage over Fini being much stronger and having a Water spread move that can't miss.
>>
tcg stream is up!
>>
File: melbourne stream.png (919KB, 1000x552px) Image search: [Google]
melbourne stream.png
919KB, 1000x552px
STARTING
>>
>>32039981
Well if you're going to run that you have to ask yourself, why not Politoed? Because with that setup it's basically the same thing with less weaknesses and more bulk.
>>
>Can't change video quality
>Stuck on laggy source
Thanks Gamefreak.
>>
File: top 4.png (54KB, 936x492px) Image search: [Google]
top 4.png
54KB, 936x492px
no americans in top 4 wew
>>
>>32041222
Good.

I hope an straya wins.
>>
File: melbourne stream.png (2MB, 1560x846px) Image search: [Google]
melbourne stream.png
2MB, 1560x846px
>>
File: melbourne semifinals.png (279KB, 560x321px) Image search: [Google]
melbourne semifinals.png
279KB, 560x321px
lel
>>
>swaggerfag aussie getting rekt by a 5 mon team
it feels soo good
>>
>>32041480
What was the sixth slot?
>>
>>32041867
kartana
>>
>>32041867
Detect Kartana, but he wrote Protect on his team sheet so it got dropped from play. The theory is that it was an oversight due to language barrier
>>
File: kek.png (95KB, 827x222px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
95KB, 827x222px
>>32041480
kek
>>
>>32041934
he has an english cartridge so it was probably just an oversight on his end
>>
Just joined the stream, is this the finals?
>>
>>32042846
yes
>>
the grill won gg 5 mon man
>>
>>32039337
Does whimsicott get grassy terrain? I feel like it'd be the best manual terrain setter available. Maybe comfey? Does grassy terrain get priority due to triage?
>>
File: btfo.png (605KB, 589x651px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
605KB, 589x651px
>>
anybody has a link to zoe vs kyuryaku?
>>
>>32043420
Vod is on the stream channel but you'll have to find it in the middle of a long broadcast.
>>
So... where can I get Albert Bos's team?
>>
>>32043486
Twitter
>>
>>32043120
Comfey's best set is floral healing, synthesis, helping hand, trickroom/taunt
>>
>>32043120
>Does grassy terrain get priority due to triage
It's not a healing move
>>
>>32044662
It heals though.
I was wondering if the subeffect of grassy terrain counted for it.
>>
>>32044680
the terrain heals, not the move itself. that would be like giving priority to using trick with leftovers
>>
>>32044708
You can't deny that'd be cool though. Priority trick on healing berries?
How come nobody's tried pairing a comfey with a snorlax, come to think of it? They seem like they'd be good partners.
>>
>>32044717
>You can't deny that'd be cool though
yes I can, because it wouldn't make any sense
>How come nobody's tried pairing a comfey with a snorlax, come to think of it?
It was done and it was alright, but Snorlax can do its own healing and can only do big damage to one target, so it appreciates more other partners that can do more than just being there spamming healing moves
>>
>>32044735
How wouldn't it make sense? Not everything has to be extremely literal, you know.
Also, I've run into some asshole using earthquake and rock slide on a belly drum lax.Shit hurts.
>>
>>32039981
I got caught off guard by a Choice Specs Hydro Cannon one in a MSS a few weeks ago.
I won games 2 and 3, but it was pretty much solely responsible for my game 1 loss and was definitely the toughest thing for me to deal with.
>>
>>32044717
From a programming perspective that would be very difficult. Like "any status move which, by the end of the turn, will have resulted in any damage being healed"?
What if everything on the field was levitating? Would you still call it a healing move? What if you were using Toxic on a Toxic Heal Pokémon?
>>
>>32045622
Would be pretty sweet bro
>>
File: C6ruakFWwAATnvI.jpg (376KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C6ruakFWwAATnvI.jpg
376KB, 2048x1536px
>>
Does anyone know when registration for the US Internationals in Indy opens?
>>
>>32044717
>How come nobody's tried pairing a comfey with a snorlax, come to think of it? They seem like they'd be good partners.
You see it occasionally and it works but besides losing offensive pressure from only having one offensive threat. Fairy is just fundamentally a awful defensive typing in this meta even more so with Kartana/Celesteela existing.

With the Land Guardians dominating this meta and making Dark and Fighting completely unviable everyone and their uncle has a way of killing Fairies dead as well.
>>
>>32046589
Bold max hp and def survives an non boosted heavy slam from Celesteela. If your running dedicated trick room it's almost a better second option than Mimikyu. If you are running enough offense on other mons z- Destiny bond for redirection might be all you need, but comfey's cleric nature really pairs with defensive trickrooms. Lead it and Porygon2 and you are very likely to get trick room off (minus Kartana and a few very powerful special attackers but bring fake out for that match up) and it can easy some of the bulk P2 needs because it can help recover it while Porygon carries a little more offense. It pairs well with torkoal or any spread attacker. Hell it doesn't even need to be trick room it can run taunt instead. Helping hand garchomp eq and rock slide, hh lele (specs or life orb) dazzling gleam, hh fini muddy water or dazzling gleam. All of these Pokemon have bulky variants which love it's floral healing. It outclassed cleric Finni. We saw it's swagger bullshit go south yesterday, it's way too passive, someone could fuck your terrain, run haze, or just beat your swaggered Pokemon. Comfey can not only heal it's teammate, but it can heal itself to continue healing it's team mate. It is niche and not as bulky as it's Tapu fini, but comfey has a unique niche on trick room and maybe one of the best supports for hyper offense with helping hand.
>>
>>32046662
One thing mimi does that comfey can't is reliably KO lele
>>
>>32046662
If you're running hyper offense, you cannot waste an offense slot to a gimmickmon or you might lose. If you want Helping Hand while not giving up half of your offensive presence, use Arcanine.
>>
>>32047196
Not him, but what makes HH worth it? I though all it did was give like a 12.5% power boost or something.
>>
>>32047230
Pretty sure it's a 50% power boost to your attack. If not, then it's a 33% which is still really good.

Not saying you should always give up a move slot for it, however. Most of the time you'll be fine without it.
>>
>>32047274
I mean, I guess it's good in situations where the user is slower than the one they're helping and are about to get KO'd or need their fast partner to eliminate a threat, but it just feels to me like you'd rather have two attacks at 100% power than one at 150% power.
Well, then again, I guess I did just solve it for myself. Those would be some pretty darn good situations to have it.
>>
>>32047308
It's good on arcanine sets where you only have a fire move (and maybe extreme speed) because it lets arcanine actually be useful when it can't hit anything very hard.

Like lets say you have arcanine and fini against a garchomp and gigalith. Arcanine can't do much here, but you don't want to switch it out because let's say your mons in the back are too frail. In this situation you can HH moonblast the garchomp for an OHKO, or you can HH muddy water for big damage on both.
>>
>>32047274
It's 1 stage which is a multiplier of 1.5
>>
>>32045611
That's literally a nuke button what the hell was that player thinking?
>>
>>32047601
Probably to nuke something.
>>
File: 1424987216109.png (83KB, 525x300px) Image search: [Google]
1424987216109.png
83KB, 525x300px
>A random won the IC
As an Australian, I'm pleased that we kept the title. But seriously, I've never heard of Zoe before the IC.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170312-110309.png (260KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170312-110309.png
260KB, 720x1280px
>>32047196
Not sure how global link gets these teams, but I thought they had to be ranked well
>>
>>32047622
>A woman won the IC
How embarrassing for you strayas. Glad that you guys were able to win your own IC though.

It's hilarious how the one time a total nobody and a woman wins something important for once and it's not streamed for casuals to jerk themselves about how VGC is now more "progressive" and that if a random won a IC then everyone else can even if they are not a top tier player and so on.

Truly e-sports :^)
>>
>>32047635
I love that stupid wailord team, it's so fun to mess around with
>>
>>32047622
But she had hear of Shoma ShadeViera
>>
>>32047635
>That fucking Pikachu, Wailord, Pelipper, Koko, Mimikyu, Kartana team
What a madman.
>>
>>32047230
It's 50% and has the highest priority in the game, can't be blocked by Psychic Terrain so it always goes off no matter what it's a massive damage boost.

There are a lot of calcs which get completely upset by it especially in conjunction with Z-moves. Like a well timed HH Z-EQ from Dugtrio solidly OHKO's Garchomp which isn't bad since it outspeeds.

So you can imagine if something as mediocre as Dugtrio can do that you can pick the right recipients you can get some pretty good numbers.

But if it's such a good move why is nobody using it and like most have said the issue is the distribution. The only users we have is Hariyama, Arcanine, Comfey, Liligant, Whimsicott, Oricorio, Wishiwashi, Stoutland and the Eeveelution family.
>>
>>32047643
I tried it once too but it was too delicate for me. One bad move and Pikachu and Wailord become total dead-weights.
>>
>>32047638
>casuals to jerk themselves about how VGC is now more "progressive"
when has this happened

even the more liberal vgc players I see on twitter are saying things like "do an interview and promote her all you want but make sure you talk about her skill and not her gender"
>>
>>32047635
Despite the look, Light Ball Pikachu actually hits hard, unlike Comfey that does mostly nothing.
>>
>>32047663
The thing with Pikachu is that it dies to a breeze and needs speed control yes or yes.
>>
>>32047673
you use pikachu for fake out and lightningrod first and foremost. If it gets an attack off that's just a bonus
>>
>>32047678
If only Raichu was here.
>>
>>32047663
Comfey was on that last team a week ago. I guess if your argument that it got dropped for the Golem is that it's a gimmick, but it made it with that team and was listed for a period.
>>
>>32044749
>Not everything has to be extremely literal, you know.
Actually it kinda has to be literal. The descriptions of the moves should be as literal as possible to avoid any possible confusion and making it possible for everyone to un derstand how it works. If we instead have vague definitions we get shit like the cases this anon >>32045622 proposed

Triage : Gives priority to a healing move.
Does the move heal? Yes -> Has priority. No -> Doesn't gets priority. Simple. That's why Aqua ring, leech seed, pollen puff and others don't get priority. They aren't healing moves, they either produce a status that restores hp or in the case of pollen puff is an attacking move that heals only if used on the partner.
If we instead say "Gives priority to moves that would cause a pokemon to eventually maybe in some cases gain hp" then it would be very unclear and would have to contemplate a lot of ridiculous instances that would be at the very least a pain to program.

Not trying to be rude, just being a autistic I guess
>>
>>32047622
Was she a literal who that nobody knew? Or did she at least have friends? Also, I've seen amerifats on twitter mad at her winning because "she stole a team".
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 284x77px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 284x77px
>>32048255
> Also, I've seen amerifats on twitter mad at her winning because "she stole a team".
Sasuga murrikans.

Everyone and their mom has been using Shoma variants for a good while now. But now it's wrong because someone actually won something with it instead of being a copycat shitter who can barely run the team properly?
>>
File: 1482281054455.png (2MB, 2617x4199px) Image search: [Google]
1482281054455.png
2MB, 2617x4199px
>>
File: 1482281276337.png (2MB, 2617x4199px) Image search: [Google]
1482281276337.png
2MB, 2617x4199px
>>32048583
>>
>>32048583
>>32048603

NO
>>
File: 1482281879716.png (2MB, 2617x4199px) Image search: [Google]
1482281879716.png
2MB, 2617x4199px
>>32048603
>>
>>32048583
Poor Marowak and Bulu.

Cancerdog was a mistake.
>>
File: 1482282210399.png (2MB, 2617x4199px) Image search: [Google]
1482282210399.png
2MB, 2617x4199px
>>32048632
>>
>>32048634
>Poor Bulu
niga check OP's pic
>>
>>32048632
I still don't understand how people used HA starters
>>
>>32048277
She didn't steal a team. Shoma's chomp had sd not sub and that may have helped her to win game two of the finals. I still don't know why Davide didn't dazzling gleam or twinkle tackle into the obvious Gyra lead bate, but Zoe still probably would have confidently won.
>>
>>32048583
>Bonemerang over EQ
I'm a novice for Doubles. Isn't EQ more useful for the spread, even if the damage is reduced? Or is hitting Mimikyu that important?
>>
>>32048660
Because Showdown is shit.
>>
>>32048672
spread moves were nerfed this gen
aand by the way, that pic is outdated as fuck
>>
>>32048672
EQ gets it's damage halved by Grass Terrain and also takes a 25% damage penalty by default being a spread move plus the usual risk of hitting your ally, High Horsepower is stronger.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't use it though, if anything there is a severe lack of strong STAB Ground attacks this format hence why everyone and their mother is running Z-EQ Chomp.
>>
>>32048732
>tfw no Earth Power tutor for my Gastrodon
Fuck tutorless metas.
>>
>>32048672
it's stronger and doesn't hit your partner. Also it can break subs and sashes which is nice. It comes down to preference really
>>
>>32048749
I still don't get why Gastrodon can't learn Earth Power by default. It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>32048732
I see. I didn't run into a single Bulu in the Feb. competition, and I was running EQ on my Wak. Was also running two Pokes that resist it, though. And of course Protect and Wide Guard. Worked well enough for me, but I might try Bonemerang for the single-target power sometime.
>>
>>32048732
What's this about a 25% damage penalty for spread moves? Is it just me that thinks that sounds so ludacris to be believable? Sorry to doubt you, but could you point me to a source?
>>
File: he's dying vp....jpg (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
he's dying vp....jpg
48KB, 400x300px
Migrate whenever:

>>32048951
>>32048951
>>32048951
>>32048951
>>
>>32048936
spread moves only do 75% of damage on each target, that anon just worded it poorly
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.