[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we innovate Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (1007KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1007KB, 1600x960px
How do we innovate Pokemon?
>>
>>32000705
Change the 3 starter types to something original.
>>
>>32000705
Not like that for sure, those are the shittiest starters I've ever seen
>>
>>32000705
>Fire mole!
>Grassy archer!
>Water boat!

Ah, yes, the paragon of innovation has arrived.
>>
>>32000705
Alaboat looks like that one Reaverbot in Megaman Legends (2?).
>>
>>32000705
Post final evos
>>
Certainly not by using this guy's design strategy

I'm not just talking about what you see here I'm talking how his pokedex's UBs are:
>A regional variant of Celesteela, somehow
>UB Zenyatta
>UB Sonic the Hedgehog
>UB Super Mario
>Some weird vehicle thing that's the only original thought amongst the UBs he has but just comes out looking like Gyarados
>UB Toriel
>UB Undyne
>poorly drawn UB nice meme Woodman
>Not-Nihilego
It wouldn't be so bad if the whole dex was based on videogame characters or something but the dex is composed of mostly original (and mostly bad) designs, with the occasional videogame character ripoff, and also a ton of vehicle based mons. It's just weird.
>>
File: Taurel.png (617KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Taurel.png
617KB, 1024x1024px
>>32000728
>>
File: Missisyncro.png (676KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Missisyncro.png
676KB, 1024x1024px
>>32000734
>>
File: Molflare.png (595KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Molflare.png
595KB, 1024x1024px
>>32000743
>>
>>32000705
NEW 150 EVERY GEN
REGIONAL DEX ONLY NEW MONS

NEW REAL TIME BATTLE SYSTEM

MOVE POWER AND ACCURACY IS BASED ON A TARGETTING AND METER SYSTEM, BETTER TIMING = BETTER ATTACK

BATTLES ARE ALSO SEMI AUTOMATIC. DEPENDING ON HOW YOU TRAIN YOUR MONS, THEY WILL DODGE ATTACKS BETTER AND INTIMIDATE ENEMY MONS, ETC

MULTIPLE ITEMS CAN BE EQUIPPED TO A MON FOR BATTLE, AFFECTING STARS ACROSS THE BOARD

TMS ARE TEMPORARY MOVES YOU CAN EQUIP TO A MON. ALL MONS HAVE 4 INHERENT ATTACKS AND UP TO FOUR TM ATTACKS

POKEMON CAN EVOLVE DURING A BATTLE

EXPERIENCE IS GAIN AFTER EVERY SUCCESFUL HIT

YOU GET A GRADE AFTER EVERY BATTLE DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH DAMAGE YOU DELT, TOOK, HOW MANY TIMES YOU HAD TO RECOVER, HOW MANY OF YOUR MONS FAINTED, ETC. THIS IS A GRADE OF F,D,C,B,A,S RANK. THIS GRADE DETERMINES YOUR OVERALL RANK AS A TRAINER. IF YOU HAVE A HIGHER RANK, POKEMON WILL OBEY YOU MORE

POKEMON HAVE LP ALONG WITH HP. LP IS A PERMANENT STAT. WHEN A POKEMON FAINTS INTO CRITICAL CONDITION, IS POISONED OR BURNT BADLY ETC THE LP WILL DEPLETE. IT TAKES A LONG TIME BUT WITHOUT PROPER CARE FROM THE TRAINER THE POKEMON COULD DIE. THINK TAMAGOTCHI MEETS POKEMON SORTA

WHEN IT DIES IT LEAVES BEHIND A FOSSIL. SOME FACILITIES CAN CLONE ONE OF YOUR DEAD MONS AND REVIVE THEM. THIS LEADS TO IDENTICAL STATS.

POKEMON HAVE HUNGER LEVELS AND MUST BE FED. HAPPINESS AND INTELLIGENCE STATS ALSO PLAY BIG ROLES.

CONT...
>>
>>32000734
>zelda NPC
>>32000743
>kirby enemy

nice fucking fakemon
>>
>>32000758
>Pokemon dying
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>32000705
You tale Game Freak out of the equation, or Masuda at the very least.
>>
>>32000758
POKEMON CENTERS ARE NOW FULL FLEDGED LARGE SCALE HOSPITALS.

INDIVIDUAL POKEMON HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE BORN WITH OR DEVELOP A "QUIRK"

QUIRKS ARE LIKE LITTLE UNIQUE CONDITIONS, SOME MAJOR SOME MINOR. MOST ARE NEGATIVE.

SPECIFIC MEDICINES NEED TO BE PRESCRIBED TO YOUR MON FOR ITS QUIRK. THESE PERSCRIPTIONS ARE PICKED UP FROM POKEMON CENTERS.

POKEMARTS ARE NOW MORE LIKE SHOPPING MALLS. INDIVIDUAL STORES FOR DIFFERENT THINGS: POKEBALLS, POTIONS, CLOTHES, TMS, POKEMON, EGGS, X PILLS, FISHING RODS, BIKES, FOOD, ETC

YOU CAN NOW CUSTOMIZE YOUR MONS. SOME CAN HAVE DOGTAGS WITH THEIR NICKNAMES, SOME CAN GET TEMPORARY DYE, ETC

INTERACTING WITH NPCS IS EXPANDED. WHEN YOU APPROACH ONE, THERE ARE DIFFERENT OPTIONS: TALK, TRADE, BATTLE, ETC. NPCS CAN DEVELOP POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE ATTITUDES TOWARD YOU DPENDING ON HOW YOU INTERACT. THINK KINDA LIKE SIMS 4

GYMS ARE LIKE LITTLE TOIRNAMENTS NOW. YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP OF THE GYMS TOURNAMENT BY BEATING NPC TRAINERS TO CHALLENGE THE LEADER

IF SMALL ENOUGH, YOU CAN HAVE ONE OR MORE OF YOUR MONS FOLLOW YOU AS SHOULDERBROS OR SIDEBROS. A FOLLOWING MON DOESN'T HAVE TO BE IN YOUR BATTLE TEAM IN ORDER TO FOLLOW YOU.

DEPENDING ON YOUR RANK, YOUR TRAINER USERNAME IS DISPLAYED ON NATIONAL AND GLOBALLEADERBOARS

CONT ...
>>
>>32000767
>what is Pokemon tower
>implying there arent Pokemon cementaries in almost every mainline game

Go fuck yourself
>>
hours of unskippable cut scenes
>>
I don't know about innovate, but I want a central and strict story director who pulls the strings on mechanics and design to a singular goal. I like the idea of battling for its own sake (gym challenge), going on an adventure for the sake of adventure (catch them all), or being a paragon of justice and friendship (fighting Team X) but its stale right now because all of those facets feel like they are being shoe horned into the game because thats what they've always done.

Why bother focusing on telling the story of the Kahuna challenge if the real plot is Team Aether or vice versa? The least they could do is tie the plots together tightly.

Similarly, why try to deisgn the islands and then cut off most of the possible exploration?
>>
>>32000814

Just because there's Pokemon graveyards doesn't mean death will make a good gameplay mechanic, you stupid faggot.
>>
I don't know if I can explain this properly, but I figured out how I want to story beats to play out to 'innovate'.

There should be more gated and hard to access paths in the same. Things like the thirsty guard in gen whichever had that. The player should be able to see the central set piece behind the gate and be fucking pissed they can't get to that fucking dope volcano or into the lush forest with the carnivorous plants. Do the sidequest, get access to the world. To advance the main story you can only unlock a few of the areas until the post-game. Levels in an area scale to when the area was unlocked meaning you are guaranteed some high level training areas and things to do to complete the dex.

These would allow greater characterization for the gym/E4 members (if thats the path to take) since you are actually interacting with them unlike (say) Ramos. It forces a degree of emergent gameplay (on the Pokemon Brown cartridge I went Volcano, Desert, Forest but on the Pokemon Darker Brown cartridge I went Forest, Beach, Caves). Player Teams might not be necessarily different but their would probably be greater variety due to not having access to as much of the pokedex until the end of the game. Speed runs would also have more routing forced on them too.
>>
>>32000705
>>32000743
For some reason like half of the fakemon this guy makes are vehicles and I don't understand why someone would do that
>>
Graphics is the least way to innovate Pokemon.

What it needs is features and immersion

Things I'll add.

-Remove the Bike System
+Land Pokemons are now rideable and will have varying speed based on which pokemon it is and and your luck when you got that specific pokemon
= we can determine which pokemons are rideable based on their size, weight and limbs, we can ride both quad/bi pedal, Pokemons known to be fast runners will have faster movement speed, i.e. a Ponyta and an Arcanine will take you faster to your destination compared to a snorlax (on that note Snorlax is rideable but will have 0 movement speed, meaning it will not move, AT ALL)

-remake the whole fly and surf system
+Similar to the Fly and Surf system, We are now given sprite animations of your pokemon being ridden and your speed will be determined by which pokemon you are currently using to fly and surf, Fly will now have you traveling in air and will have you encounter sky pokemon instead of instantaneously transporting to your desired location
=fast travel fly feature is now replaced by a new train system that has you paying a few coins to INSTANTLY travel to one place to another similar to fly.

there is more, but what the game lacks is immersion, specifically how you and your pokemon interacts with the world, the feature from SS/HG/G/S where your primary pokemon would follow you was great and I kept wondering why they left that out, similarly, specific pokemon animations for both tm/hm
>>
>>32001128
to add.

Also an automatic battle system that you can turn off in game if you choose to.

>instead of turned based pokemons would attack each other and will randomly use 1 of the 4 moves they have
>>
>>32001128
>>32001151
again; more immersion.

Gyms are closed on weekends but Gym leaders and members can be fought randomly across the whole map as if they are doing their own business, this also applies to the elite four, members will wear their gym specific uniforms and are passive (which means they would only battle with you if you talk to them), but GYM leaders/elite four will active and will battle you once they see you, these events are purely randomized and their locations are also random.

Also want to see Pokemons attack villages or ways being blocked by specific herd of pokemons

Pokemons running away from exhaustion, using the same pokemon every single time will add exhaustion to that pokemon that would cause it to randomly run away

Fleeing pokemons can now be chased either on foot or by riding another pokemon, if a pokemon reaches a certain area of the map (edge of a cliff for a flying pokemon) it would escape
>>
>>32001177
also Gyms are only open in the morning until 5 pm then the leaders/members will be seen across the map
>>
>>32000705
>mega evolutions
>alolan formes
>fusions
>ultra beasts
This franchise is quickly turning into a cluster fuck. These dumb gimmicks aren't what is needed.
>>
>>32001209
>fusions
Arent actually thing in the games.
>ultra beasts
Ultra beasts are just legendary pokemon with weird designs.
>>
>>32001095
This is the worst dex I've ever seen. What's worse, it takes itself seriously.
>>
>>32001189
Wow, thats a great way to make anyone with a job regularly change the date/time on the 3ds to do basic progression
>>
>>32000734

>Grass Type
>It's a waifumon
>again
>>
>>32001498
who said it uses real time?

They could just use 10 mins = 1 hour
>>
>>32000730
>whole dex was based on videogame characters
Wow, That sound like a really nice idea
Maybe we can collab with /v/ To make it, Something like Generation /vp/
>>
>>32001189
Oh I actually think that's kinda neat. I would love to see Brawly walking around in Slateport, buying stuff and talking to people.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.