[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the best bottom screen of any gen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: poketch.png (2KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
poketch.png
2KB, 256x192px
Was this the best bottom screen of any gen?
>>
>>31991949
Yes, but if sinnoh remakes are on the switch it might disappear :c
>>
>>31991949
HGSS

Speaking of which, why the fuck did they remove autorun toggle?
>>
>>31991949

Obviously

>Gamefreak spends the following decade trying to make theworst bottem screen possible
>>
>>31991949
ORAS' was better IMO. Felt functional, simple and I actually used it a lot during the game, unlike sinnoh's one which I used like twice.

Hopefully remakes make it better, if they happen that is.
>>
File: wut.jpg (402KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
402KB, 1200x1200px
>>31991949

it was a fucking clock. i have clocks all over the place and always on my wrist when i leave the house. what was the point of this? see how your life clock ticks down while you waste your time on a childrens game?
>>
>>31991949
It was neat and had a lot of functionality, but not much use during gameplay for the average person. I liked how it let me see the status of my party at all times. As >>31992033 says, ORAS made the bottom screen useful. Id like to see a remake of DPP give the Pokètch some increased utility.
>>
>>31991979
This

Also fuck the rotomdex, that minimap was useless
>>
>>31991949
>being able to quickly see your mons health without needing to go into the menu
>upgrades and more gadgets that you can get by talking to specific NPCs, giving you a reason to endure their dialogue
Yes, yes it was. And I want it back. Gen 7's bottom screen is the most retarded thing i've ever seen.
>>
>>31992042
>it was a fucking clock
this is /vp/ so there i have no problem believing you're actually this retarded but you could also be so underage to not even be around during gen 4
>>
>>31992042
>and always on my wrist when I leave the house
You better be 30+ or else you are fucking pathetic.
>>
>tfw loved Poketch
>tfw loved auto run
>tfw GF being retarded is why we'll probably never see them again

In all likelihood of gen IV remakes, they're probably just going to shoehorn in Rotomdex.
>>
>>31992201
I mean, it IS the gen it was introduced in so I don't think it's unlikely. Maybe a rotomwatch?
>>
No that shit was retarded garbage.

HGSS is the best by far since it actually used a second screen for simple utility like it should always be done.
>>
File: 1476566659003.png (171KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1476566659003.png
171KB, 431x539px
>>31991949
PSS was the best, if they could combine PSS and Poketch it'd be GOAT
>>
File: suffering.jpg (41KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
41KB, 640x852px
>>31992265
>Entire face of watch is obscured by Rotom's face, won't even tell the time much less offer apps

Please, god no.
>>
File: suffering.png (8KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.png
8KB, 960x540px
>>31992265
Please no.

不工作。
>>
File: ingress_SkipAway.jpg (8KB, 220x160px) Image search: [Google]
ingress_SkipAway.jpg
8KB, 220x160px
<<< WANTED >>> 3,000,000YEN
JAP'S PIG FACE,
Ingress's account name is SkipAway.
This man was to watch out in injury and burglarizing in Tokyo and around Yatsuka Station,Soka, Saitama
SkipAway raped many people and hurt many people with violence.

指名手配犯 犯罪者 賞金300万円
ジャップの豚顔、イングレスのアカウント名はSkipAwayです。
この男は、傷害事件と強盗を東京都と埼玉県草加市谷塚駅周辺で起こしました。
SkipAway はたくさんの人々をストーキングや脅迫、性暴力を起こしました。
太いフレームのメガネの小太り、マッシュルームカットの豚が手配中。見つけたら警察に連絡しよう。
>>
>>31992201
>>31992265
>>31992418
>best case scenario
>they fuse the Poketch with the Rotomdex just like they did with XY bottomscreen and the Multinav
>they also realise people's complaint about online interaction being restricted to the FP so they include it with a poketch... Rotometch application
>there's also an "update" button to download future new apps for the bottomscreen and hopefully Dexnav will be one of them

>Worst Case Scenario
>ahah i don't really know
>>
>>31992497
They could easily fuse PSS and Poketch. The poketch had one app where it searched for nearby trainers via wireless. Wouldn't be that hard to enhance it to internet.
>>
>>31991949
Eh, there were better ones. I liked gen 6 for the PSS/map and gen 7's constant companion and map.
Really anything with a map actually.
>>
>>31991949
Pokétch was fun and interesting.
>>
>>31991949
>a fucking clock
Really nigger
>>
>>31991949
Nah I didn't like the clock, I don't like being reminded how long i've spent playing
>>
It's criminal how late in the game you get access to the color change feature.

Anyway, I liked having a clock. All GF'd need to do to make the Poketch amazing would be a menu that lets the player choose which apps are available, that way we won't have to scroll through 10 useless apps.
>>
>>31991979
>Literally my mom's menu
>Better than anything
"No."
>>
>>31991949
Still the best item finder solution.
I miss it.
>>
>>31992042
>>31993040
>>31993101
NOT JUST THE CLOCK, THE POKETCH AS A WHOLE
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.