[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they rushed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

Were they rushed?
>>
>>31990788

Yes, most probably, I'm betting the games were meant to be released this year, like May or something but rushed to get them out for the 20th anniversary.
>>
>>31990788
Most likely, and it's a shame. It could've been great.
>>
>>31990788
Some parts seem to suggest so.

For example, NPCs that never change dialogue. The worst offender is Hapu's mom. Go talk to her post-game and see what I mean.

Relatedly, what is up with Po Town? It kind of gets frozen in time. I thought it might be interesting to visit after Team skull disbanded. But it's still exactly the same.

Otherwise, most of the game looks pretty polished.
>>
>>31990966

Also with this, nothing happens with any of the towns or cities really, like, there's nothing special about any of them and they're all just so empty and bare.
>>
>>31990788
Yes. As as been said and discussed several dozen times, if not hundreds.

Another shit thread died for this. Why did you made this pointless question again you faggot
>>
>>31990966
>Po Town
shit like this is why I haven't been able to bring myself to replay the game
I played the Lurantis leak and then when my carts arrived I played enough to pick up the mystery gifts and that's it
>>
>>31990977
Paniola Town is the worst offender.

NONE of those Wild Western style houses can be entered. What were they thinking? It's a pretty decent looking town, and you can't do anything in it.
>>
>>31990788
No, thats just stupid meme that orginated in here since XY basically.

Every 3DS game feels unfinished but thetruth is that GF just clearly doesnt care and the games that come out ar exactly how they want them to be

GF didnt even have to create aroud 800 battle models (721 Pokemon + forms) and amie models for the first 6 genertions like they had to do for XY. This time they had a lot more freedom on ther hands and a lot more time (2 years instead of the usual one) and guess what, they didnt use it at all

SM feels unfinished and rushed but it isnt. Its laziness
>>
>>31990992
>Buys 2 carts
>Doesn't even play it
You're that upset over a kids game?
>>
>>31990788
>started development shortly after ORAS release
what do you think?
>>
XY were rushed.
SuMo were just shitty.
>>
Pokemon stars
>>
>>31990788
Probably

Definitely overhyped too
>>
>>31990788
No.
GF just over reached as they usually do.
They try to do more than they actually can. I mean this seriously. Every fucking time. Just look at how ORAS 'handled' Hoopa or all of X/Y.

>>31992866
>SuMo
You invalidated your opinion halfway through. Why?
>>
>>31991003
I just hate the godawful design of the Ranch right after. Am I missing something or is it always a pain/hassle to get to the fucking Nursery every time?

Paniola Town is designed in such a way that at least you don't really expect to be able to go into any of the houses. At least the one that you can go into is full to the brim with Magmar. I fucking loved that.
>>
File: 1485375892061.png (271KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485375892061.png
271KB, 800x800px
>>31990788
in some parts but nowhere near as rushed as XY. I don't get why GF insists on rushing their titles out. Gen 3 and Gen 4 lasted four years each. Four years after gen 5 started they were already done with ORAS and that was with the step into 3D
>>
>>31990788
no, just badly made
>>
>>31990788
I wouldn't call it rushed, but more like unpolished due to lack of time

If that makes any sense
>>
>>31995044
>is it always a pain/hassle to get to the fucking Nursery every time
You can fly directly to it.
>>
They were rushed because the better team is working on Kanto sequels.
>>
>>31995114
>Kanto sequels
they already exist and they're called pokemon gold and silver.
>>
>>31995067
>in some parts but nowhere near as rushed as XY
Hoo boy did you miss the party.
There were far more rushed and cut content than in XY not to mention a hell of a lot of bad decisions.
>>
They've had a hard time after moving to 3D, even tho they're only making games for the 3DS. I just can't imagine them moving to HD ever. They'd try to rush out like 4 sets of games a gen and it'd be a complete train wreck each game. Like post game? Forget about it. The new feature will be there's less gyms, so there's less work.
>>
>XY and SM are unfinished
>ORAS has less content than fucking emerald

The 3DS games were a fucking train wreck so far. Literally the only good game is super mystery dungeon, and even then it was a miracle that the game happened after the shit feast that was gates of infinity
>>
SM probably rivals Gen II or IV in terms of unused content.

By the way, Bulbapedo has map descriptions for every part of the map, even for places like Po Town which are listed as being a subarea of another area. Is there any way to view them in-game or is that just ANOTHER unused thing in these shitstains?
>>
>>31996643
Yet people want another 3ds game
>>
File: 250px-718Zygarde.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-718Zygarde.png
57KB, 250x250px
>>31990788
GF couldn't even discipline themselves to make and finish Pokémon Z (to say nothing of a finished-ish X & Y in the first place). *Then* they had the sheer balls to slap Zygarde in Sun/Moon, make a second Terminal Cave in Alola, and do *fucking nothing* with it except a cutscene-free Ultra Beast random encounter and fill it with orbs of the non-Adamant/Lustrous variety like Nuggets or Adrenaline you can buy for chump change at any Poké Mart just to troll players. Not even a self-knowing nudge and wink, just trolling!

Where's Nintendo's overbearing second-party quality control and oversight? What happened to "a late game's eventually good"???
>>
>>31991029
Actually, the effort of doing Amie went into other things. Poke Ride, 100 new Pokemon for Refresh, cleaning activities for all 802 Pokemon, and they tried to build a walking Pokemon system.

I think the problem that held them back from a walking system was that they needed to build a program that blocks certain Pokemon from walking in small areas like buildings. Think of a Wailord in a house.

Also, deciding custom lists for banned Pokemon in areas. Aether Paradise is filled with bridges. You would need to block Pokemon who are wider than the bridges in addition to large Pokemon.

For buildings, you would have to block just Pokemon that are too large.
>>
>>31997462
The games already have weight classes for determining Heavy Slam, Grass Knot, etc.? If any's dense but small, they could figure it out from there.
>>
>>31996748
That's probably because it's the only system that the next main line game is probably going to be on. We still don't know if there will be games on Switch (which id love). Also many people probably want another 3ds game for monetary reasons
>>
If they had've just waited another year to do Gen VII and made a third Kalos game last year to fill the time, we probably would've have this problem.
>>
It was almost definitely rushed judging by the unused areas but I honestly get the feeling that for the most part they were aiming very low in the first place and it's possible they didn't cut those things because time, but for some stupid reason they decided it shouldn't be used. It's not like ORAS where there're some things that show real care at certain points that just suddenly cut out later or are surrounded by lack of polish. SM in general just feels sloppy and halfhearted.
>>
>>32000200
Can you give an example for the ORAS statements?

One thing that jumped out to me was that in the first few towns, viewing the sign gave a panoramic tour of the town. Then after a while it does nothing.
>>
>>32000211
One thing that pisses me off in ORAS is the view of Mt Chimney from Route 103 - it's just a flat, textured surface.
>>
>>31990788
No, not at all, the cutscenes throughout the game are intended to slow the pace of the game down and add depth to the story.
It can't be rushed :^)
>>
>>31990788
Literally everything that has anything even remotely to do with Nintendo is rushed
>>
>>31996643
I had more fun with Gates than both ORAS and SM desu
>>
>>31997462
>think the problem that held them back from a walking system was that they needed to build a program that blocks certain Pokemon from walking in small areas like buildings. Think of a Wailord in a house.
They had no problem working that out in HGSS. The Pokemon simply returned to the ball. How fucking hard is to replicate that shit in 3D?
>>
>>31995022
>You invalidated your opinion halfway through. Why?
To piss off retards like you.
>>
>>32000907
1) not rushing as in playing it in a fast pace, rather, rushed as at how fast were they made.

2) the cut scenes (most of them, not all, tbf) slowed down the heartbeat of an already empty game, to the point that it died.

I really liked ORAS but that's maybe because I'm old and I've learned to take things for what they are and not what I'd liked it to be. Loved the soaring so much. New megas etc.
>>
File: bootyhole.jpg (114KB, 575x686px) Image search: [Google]
bootyhole.jpg
114KB, 575x686px
>>31990788
lol the games were meant to be played through once and then used as breeding carts for srs competitive play.
not to be played over again or go back and revisit any places.
>>
>>31995152
Kanto sequels without the shittiest region attached to them, then.
>>
>>32001350
GSC are kanto sequels.

if you want a sequel to RGBY, well i think you already have them.
>>
>>32001350
There's a game where Hoenn is attached to Kanto?
>>
>>32001350
You take that back.
>>
>>31996748
Correction: Yet people want Diamond and Pearl remakes.
>>
>>32002736
GOOD Diamond and Pearl remakes. With Game Freak's track record, they're going to completely ruin them.
>>
>>32002736
After ORAS I don't know if I want a DPPt remake.
>>
File: None of it..jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
None of it..jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>31997400
It feels almost obvious to me that they don't care about making a high quality game, but instead know they can make a half-assed one and it WILL STILL SELL.

They then proceed to put little things in here and there, like what you just mentioned, Festival fucking Plaza, Battle Tree "difficultly", and the unused walking/running Pokemon animation, just to taunt players who know better.

If they aren't that malicious... then they are literally Icarus in how they TRY and make a really fleshed out, full game, but then push it out to soon just for the attempt to crash and burn.

But it still don't matter because it sells.
>>
>>32002913
>Pt
you fucking wish
>>
File: squid.png (11KB, 207x210px) Image search: [Google]
squid.png
11KB, 207x210px
>>32004673
>Battle Tree "difficultly"
I have no idea how they fucked that up. The Battle Whatever usually started off easy and gets gradually harder, so you can at least get some BP from the early battles. The tree doesn't bother with that shit, and just fucking throws Walrein at you from the start.

Also, on a sorta unrelated note, why the fuck did they show off the Battle Royal so early? It's clearly a postgame thing, and yet they show it off not even halfway into the game. It wouldn't be so bad if they had put in some kind of 'come back when you're stronger' message, but nope, there's nothing stopping you from walking in there with a ragtag team of 20somethings, to get your ass raped by level 50 megas.
>>
When I think of untrustworthy developers, Gamefreak is one of the first names to come to mind. Gamefreak is, by far, the most overrated, undeserving group of talentless incompetent developers in the history of the industry.

I don't hate Pokemon. I've played every main series title. But the fact of the matter is that Pokemon is NOWHERE near as good as it should be. We're talking about one of the best selling series of all time, a franchise that rakes in hundreds of millions in profit every game. With that sort of cash flow, with that sort of immense fanbase, Pokemon games should all be AAA titles of excellent quality that provides huge amounts of entertainment for anyone.

Instead, Gamefreak cuts corners at every turn, pumping out barebones games that are OK to good.
Instead, Gamefreak gives us retardedly easy playthroughs that aren't satisfying to beat.
Instead, Gamefreak refuses to put a difficulty setting choice on the game, something that any 11 year old can do in an afternoon.
Instead, Gamefreak pumps out hit-or-miss designs. (I'm not shitting on new gen designs, but with the money they make Gamefreak should be able to hire the greatest minds in monster designing for their team. There should be little to no question of the quality of the designs at all.)
Instead, Gamefreak gives us linearshit regions with dead worlds and no exploration.
Instead, Gamefreak gives us uninspired 1-dimensional plots.
Instead, Gamefreak gives us no postgame except for competitive battles.

Gamefreak has no talent. Pokemon is just a lucky golden goose formula that people love regardless of how shitty the dev team is. Never in the history of copyright patents has a franchise been more mishandled. If Pokemon were handed over to a competent group, the franchise could potentially be the objectively greatest video game series of all time.
>>
>>32007663
I honestly have to agree. I mean look at the stuff ROM hackers do. With just a couple dozen and no money but rather only goodwill involved they might not be able to finish something fully within say 2 years but they can do a good chunk. On the other hand, Gamefreak has:
>The source code
>Much more resources and people working on the game
>Actual documentation on the current handheld they have more than enough time to learn before starting development
>Tons of funding, if not from the main series than they at least must be making some good amount from a cut of Pokemon GO's profits
>Profit as a motivator
And they can somehow barely manage. I hate to say it, but as much as I enjoy this series it really should've become the greatest series of all time by now.
>>
>>31990788
they probably were rushed, some parts of the game still feel a little unpolished, but this wasn't nearly as rushed as XY was. That game was trash.
>>
>Rushed
No. That excuse doesn't work anymore. The only game this excuse could have worked was for XY because it was their first forage at 3D.

They are just plain lazy simply don't give a fuck anymore and somehow ARE even shittier programmers and coders than ever.

>>32007663
Good post.

Have you ever played any non-mainline game and then been blown away because of how much it tops the mainline games in pretty much everything?

I cry every day because Pokemon would be so much better in the hands of any developer but Gamefreaks were the lucky faggots who struck dumb gold.
>>
>>32010716
>but this wasn't nearly as rushed as XY was.
Given that SM had far more unused and poorly thought out features I'd say they beat XY in that regard
>>
So who's at fault? Masuda? Morimoto? Tajiri? Someone else?
>>
>>32010945
>So who's at fault? Masuda? Morimoto? Tajiri?
all of them are at fault.
>>
>>32010945
For SM?
Ohmori.
>>
>>32010960
I'll still blame Masuda, despite this being "Ohmori's game" Masuda was still breathing down his neck and forcing his vision on him all the time.

Doesn't help that after years of being Masuda's fuckboy Ohmori has probably internalized Masuda's stupidity as it is how he has worked for years and doesn't know any other way of doing things.
>>
>>32010967
>Masuda was still breathing down his neck and forcing his vision on him all the time.
That was ORAS. Ohmori had free reign on SM.
>>
>>32010971
>Ohmori had free reign on SM.
Must be the latter stuff then. Guess we are fucked yes or yes.
>>
>>32010960
>>32010967
>>32010971
>>32010977
it's actually tajiri's fault for not caring about his own series.
>>
>>32011056
Tajiri is too busy being an billionaire autist to give a fuck.
>>
Should have been a switch launch title

They already cashed in on the 3ds install base with oras
>>
>>32011154
There's no way that could have been feasible you know
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.