[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bored yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

File: shit.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
Bored yet?
>>
Was bored before I finished them.
Miss the national dex.

But as much as I dislike these games nice shitpost.
>>
File: 1476932899793.jpg (249KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476932899793.jpg
249KB, 800x600px
>>31990716
A bit burned out, desu. Finished the dex a while ago
>>
>>31990716
Nope, breeding competitive teams while I wait for waifu stones to change meta/playing through X and Y for the first time/farming ribbons and playing Clover. So I am good for a few months.

Then I'll just keep shit posting for a few more months till the VGC brings out GSC and play those cause fuck yea, poké-radio.
>>
>>31990716
The games are fine. However, there are other great games that have come out since their release (four months ago) that are more worth my time.

What is it with Pokemon fans that they need a single game to be their sole source of entertainment? Play the game through, pick it up occasionally for trade/battling with friends, and play other video games afterwards.
>>
>>31990716

Utterly, utterly bored, even on the first playthrough of it I was bored, the game was made out to be different from previous games when in reality, it was just a water downed version of all the other games.

Then there's also the gen 1 pandering, the more it happens, the less interested in Pokemon I become :/
>>
>>31990716
just like every other game, yes
>>
>>31990716
Yep, already. I was done with pokedex quite soon too.
Now I just lurk here to check for any news for next game, be it stars/prism or whatever.
The game felt pretty empty. Small dex, no national, small/non existent post game, even the trainers to battle were the fewest of all gens as they said in another thread.
So there has to be something... more. A third game, a sequel, something.

(Though I have a fear. Maybe alola was ment to be empty cause it has that vacation feeling, and they may leave it as is)
>>
Bored as fuck. The only thing that kept me playing was my love for the Pokewaifu
>>
>>31990750
>What is it with Pokemon fans that they need a single game to be their sole source of entertainment?
It's autism
>>
>>31990800

Nah you're spot on, the game is empty, the towns and cities have little to nothing in them, some even have only 1-2 buildings that you can enter.
All these hotels and resorts, yet NOTHING important in them, hell, nothing in them at all.
>>
The storyline game itself? Boring as hell.

The post-game? Smooth and easy online battle system, anti-autism Pokemon breeding/leveling system, pretty convenient all around. I battle on Showdown until I want to go make the teams in-game and hop on Battle Spot.
>>
>>31990834
WTF was that with the buildings?
So few side stuff to do.
Cookie cutter clothes buildings and malasadas buildings and then 1 or 2 more and sometimes not even these.

oh castelia city, how I miss you!
>>
>>31990750
>What is it with Pokemon fans that they need a single game to be their sole source of entertainment?
Stop making foolish assumptions anon. Wanting a little bit of variety doesn't mean that one derives all entertainment from it. On the contrary, it's an incentive to return to the game at a later date.

I know it's a little bit uncommon for people like you to have heard of it but there's this little thing called replayability which Sun and Moon has none of.
>>
Yes, I already moved on to other games. Currently waiting on Persona 5.
>>
>>31990716
Havent played in weeks desu
>>
>>31990750
Because Pokemon games used to have MMO levels of longevity. It's the reason why so many people pick up the legit copy at launch instead of pirating or buying second hand - they knew they got their money worth. But not anymore.
>>
>>31990841
>anti-autism Pokemon (...) leveling system
Unless you mean the Pelago glitch, you best be joking nigger
>>
File: 49f.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
49f.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>31990750
>friends
>>
>>31990716
Since then I moved on to replay Skyrim and the Witcher 3 and I got Battlefield 1 and Overwatch with Mass Effect Andromeda coming up so I'm not bored in general, but yeah haven't touched the game in a while.
>>
>>31990716
It's not a gen 2 game, so no. Nice boxart thread, by the way.
>>
A bit, but I got 260 hours out of it so I'm satisfied
>>
>>31990716
just starting playing s/m today first time ever
34% through the pokedex ill probably be bored in 2 weeks
>>
>>31991089
What do you mean by that, exactly? Just battle frontier?
>>
>>31990716
Kind of, just dicking around in the tree at this point and training cutemons, wish there was more open-ended shit to do though, like random trainer battles or something.
>>
File: 1482624048778.jpg (372KB, 1200x676px)
1482624048778.jpg
372KB, 1200x676px
>>31990716

Nah. Still got teams to build and mons to MM for. Did ace BT and BR but I still play them daily. Got abit over 700 hours in.
>>
>>31991399
He can't answer because there is no answer and he just posted the first crap that came to his mind.
>>
>>31990716
i assumed everyone beat it in a month and went back to older games like me. there's no post-story what are you all doing
>>
>>31991472
I don't see what's in the older games either.
>>
>>31991472
giving up my livelihood to farm pokebeans
>>
>>31991399
The BF, contests, bases, funfest missions, battle test, pokestar, join avenue a hell of a lot more exploration and pokemon variety and more.
SM is literaly the most bare game yet.
>>
>>31991474
im sure once i beat that and do all the post-game stuff ill move on to another game
>>
Nope, and you people better not be either. Grind that fucking tree to hell and back, let's send a message to GF that we do want facilities and postgame content
>>
>>31991490
>counts shit like the funfest missions but conveniently ignores the ticket missions
>another "it's more varied so it's longer playtime" facility post
Plus Join Avenue is just something to improve your playthrough, like the Plaza or a Blissey base, it doesn't have anything "to play with".
>>
>>31991566
>let's send a message
honestly cringed
>>
>>31991399
Yes.

The shit BW2 had was also good though.
>>
>>31991490
Nope, R/S and all of gen 1 were much more bare, and most of those you mentioned are in different games too. The first instalments are always mediocre or bad, they're made for sales so they lack lots of stuff, the third installments are usually the good games.

And in that regard, I'd wager to say S/M are the best or at least second best first installments in the series so far.
>>
Not really, but I moved on after completing the main story and some additional stuff on the side for 100 hours.

Not surprising that /vp/ is so autistic that they think you are not allowed to play anything else or that Pokemon games have to last 9999 hours for some reason.
>M-M-Muh MMO length to validate my life obsession :(
>>
>>31991582
RBY-RS came before the first game with real Frontier and online features so no one had many expectations towards the postgame yet. Also the Pokemon roster didn't consist of less than 80 new Pokemon and a couple of shitty recolors. Also the region design was an order of magnitude better and didn't try to artificially pad the game time with a fuckton of poorly made cutscenes (ie. every modern AAA game ever). Also the games didn't run like total shit. Also quit being an underaged faggot.
>>
>>31991576
Honestly it's not a bad idea in theory, certainly not enough to cringe at, but the problem is that sending a message isn't a good thing.

Jap businessmen are *Really* dense and would just assume we hate pokemon rather than want pokemon to be better.
>>
>>31991685
then don't say used to have without defining it you retard
only games you have fitting your shit are b2w2, with their gimmicks giving your autistic expectations enough satisfaction
>>
>>31990716
Haven't played since I beat it. Was bored after the first island.
>>
>>31991786
Yeah the first island can induce this feeling.

FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE LILLY. YOU ARE NOT MY MOM. I CAN GO WHEREVER I WANT (NOT).
>>
>>31991817
>FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE LILLY. YOU ARE NOT MY MOM. I CAN GO WHEREVER I WANT (NOT).
Thank you. Thank you somebody finally gets it.
Things like this and lack of a National Dex just make me questions why I should bother this gen. They've removed open world/maps where they tried for linear routes with event cutscenes and I don't get rewarded for catching them all anymore.

I gotta wonder why I should bother this gen...
>>31991685
I like you
>>
>>31991582
Gens 1 and 2 were when the series was still finding it's footing.
RS has more content in general than SM given the exploration and additional content like bases and Contests as well as still retaining the GC which added a new game and the additional exploration.
Another thing I didn't mention were rematches.
>>
>>31991838
What reward would there be for catching them all, since shiny charm was given out already
>>
Haven't touched Moon in over a month. The lack of grinding options kill it for me.
>>
>>31991946

Why not just use Rare Kitchens?
>>
Seriously thinking of going back to Leaf Green, collect as many old ribbons as possible, transfer up to Moon. I have a Venusaur named Bob that I did so with from my original file back in the day, he is my prize piece, I want such for other members of my team.
>>
>>31991955
Grinding for FC is fairly hard, since the Plaza boost rarely comes up. The game also has an annoying tendency to not refresh the NPC requests after SR even if you do everything correctly.

Pelago Glitch is better for everything but things you have to Bottle Cap.
>>
>>31991955
Still far too slow given how the plaza works.
>>
>>31990716
yeah, i just want a frontier
>>
The games produced in recent years aren't as complete and engaging as those produced, say, prior to generation 6. There were a bunch of features removed from Sun and Moon such as the walking w/ Pokémon feature. There is literally nothing to do other than grind on the battle tree. It's quite literally the same thing as last gen minus graphical improvements.
also my character walks like he has a disease
>>
Beat the game once, restarted right after I beat it because my team sucked and was under leveled. Then I quit after getting to the 2nd island because muh cut scenes and shit. Kinda like gen 2 but with cut scenes. At least in gen 2 I could grind in peace.
>>
File: 1479024558833.jpg (34KB, 379x477px) Image search: [Google]
1479024558833.jpg
34KB, 379x477px
>>31990716

I will likely quit playing soon. i am 330 hours in. finished storymode, completed the Pokedex, breeded a competetive team and am at the doorstep to level 100 for said team.

i dont really know what else to do. game got stale after all the time, and i already took a 4 week break before bank got released :/
>>
Haven't touched it in a month, I find myself playing romhacks instead when I feel like playing Pokemon.
>>
File: sad but true.jpg (30KB, 340x509px) Image search: [Google]
sad but true.jpg
30KB, 340x509px
>>31990716
I climbed the mountain where E4 stands in late november and stopped playing since.

A lot of things prevented me from having great fun:
>shitty customzation
>the feeling that (just like in BW2 with Hugh) you follow Lilie rather than she follows you, thus it feels like Sm is HER story, not yours
>the fact that Trials are just Gyms with a new name and are outside.

Other reasons would be that the setting doesn't really appeal to me, that some of the characters are meh when some are way too overrated imo, or the fact that some changes from Gen6 are just awful, like shitty Plaza.

I definitely wouldn't say it's a bad game, it had great ideas/characters/Pokémon, but it also has really bad ones.

Despite all its flaws, I genuinely miss the XY era, where I completed the National Dex and had great fun with my team on /vp/ ;_;
>>
>>31991985
A Frontier or mix of things like BW2 did it with PWT, White Tree Hollow/Black Tower and the Battle Subway.
Only the Battle Tree is just not doing it for me.
>>
>>31992111
>(just like in BW2 with Hugh)
Compared to Lillie he barely makes an appearance. He's more of a side story if anything else because he's not directly tied to the plot.
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>31991589
>people who want decent post-game are obsessed with Pokemon games

Nice job pulling baseless conclusions out of your ass.
>>
File: Costanzavoir.png (2MB, 2893x4092px) Image search: [Google]
Costanzavoir.png
2MB, 2893x4092px
>>31990716
>le ebin boxart post

Good job, Opee! Kek! Upboated!
>>
>>31992212
At this point you should ignore the obvious shills. I mean they're in shitposting territories now to the point where they literally say nothing but how replayability and content are literally negative points.
>>
>>31992347
There's a difference between "this game has nice replayability and much content to play through" and "i don't like to replay this game and i don't like this content so it doesn't count" though.
>>
>>31992212
But it's pretty much true. Fuck, we're posting on /vp/ of all things
>>
File: 1484844729509.png (502KB, 772x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484844729509.png
502KB, 772x576px
>>31990716
>>
>>31990716
Can't faggot like you die? You are making this fucking thread everyday.
>>
>>31992581
As long as there are people to reply it's relevant.

Now back to your mom's basement.
Her fat panties need bleaching.
>>
>>31992529
You'd have a point if SM had the content to dislike.
>>
File: golisopod official art.png (167KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod official art.png
167KB, 500x500px
>>31990716
No, but I can't play it right now because I'm rather busy.
Just got the ability to change the music in my Plaza and it's much better than the normal FP music (Using Po Town and Seafolk Village).
>>
File: 1488220407455.png (92KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488220407455.png
92KB, 450x600px
>>31990716
I personally loved sun and moon, replaying it right now actually. One of my two gripes is the mass amount of dialogue, though that could just be because of my second gripe which is Hau is literal gutter trash.
>>
Was bored before I even started playing it.
>>
>>31990716
been for a while to be honest
>>
>>31990716
Only 81 New Pokémon.
>>
>>31990750
>What is it with Pokemon fans that they need a single game to be their sole source of entertainment? Play the game through, pick it up occasionally for trade/battling with friends, and play other video games afterwards.

Autism
>>
>>31991841
Rematching previous npcs should've been a series staple a long time ago.
>>
>>31991332
Gen 2./Johto is expansion pack: the region.
>>
Ultra bored desu senpai
>>
On my 4th playthrough
>>
>>31990750
>>31990832
>>31991589
Y'know it's not that the more content we want would justify is playing the current games 24/7, but would actually GIVE us the incentive to return back every once in a while to play like you said. Because SM are pretty barren it's that we have no motivation to play them again whenever we get that Pokemon fix. This is certainly unlike past games like Emerald, HgSs, and BW2.
>>
>>31991019
>I know it's a little bit uncommon for people like you to have heard of it but there's this little thing called replayability which Sun and Moon has none of.

It's been 4 months
>>
I'm still breeding a BS team
>>
>>31990716
Yes, I don't even want to play it for a second time.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.