[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smogon logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 051Dugtrio[1].png (573KB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
051Dugtrio[1].png
573KB, 828x828px
>Ban Shadow Tag because of Gothitelle

>Waste time suspect testing Dugtrio instead of just banning Arena Trap
>>
>>31990598
shadow tag was op because gothitelle gets trick, so you can hand over a choice scarf, get the enemy stealth rocking for eternity, boost all your stats, then sweep
>>
>>31990615
Probably the same reason GF went back on releasing Shadow Tag Chandelure, and instead outright changed its HA.
>>
>>31990615
>SRing when Team Preview shows that the opponent has a Goth
>SRing when the opponent leads with Sableye
>suspect both

This crap is why I can't take Smogon seriously.
>>
What upsets me about the Shadow Tag ban was we lost Wobuffet. Sure, the Tickle+Tyranitar Pursuit trap core was annoying but it wasn't really something to ban stuff over. They should've just banned Gothitelle, it's not like Goth with the other abilities was any good in NU, where it was outclassed by stuff like Female Meowstic and Jynx.
>>
>>31990598
>Ban Arena Trap
>Suddenly Dugtrio is completely useless
Thanks Smogon.
>>
>>31990819
You think a 120 speed, 100 base attack mon with stab eq is useless? Sand force/Life Orb STAB EQ is nothing to scoff at, anon. Mildly inefficient in today's meta, sure. But still something you can't let go unchecked.

Also Arena Trap didn't get banned, so I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>31990615
>Everything that counters Stealth Rocks is banned instead of just fucking banning le Cancer Pebbles
Sounds like Smogon.
>>
>>31991405
TBF, if you have a problem with rocks, then you are kind of a scrub.

>Muh it's cheap, and it hurts my favorite mons.

It's free damage. Cheap or not, I'll take all the added damage I can get.

>muh it's centralizing play, so it needs to be banned.
...I won't deny that argument, and I do think that rocks do way to much "free" damage. But they've been around since gen 4. That's 10 years of rocks play. If you still have that big a problem with rocks play, then you must be a newfag, or you must suck REALLY hard.
>>
>>31990598
It was either ban the entire goth family or ban shadow tag.
Top players tested gothorita on stall and it functioned exactly the same.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.